Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion!; Week of Oct. 13th
Topic Started: Oct 13 2008, 12:23 PM (5,213 Views)
luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

KristianFanForever
Oct 14 2008, 12:47 PM
Nicole Dimera
Oct 14 2008, 11:55 AM
I don't like Phillip and Melanie. They have no chemistry and she's bratty.
And he's a nephew's wife stealing @^^hole. LOL!
hot damn! that shimi picture on the right is frigging awesome!

<melts>
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jane1978

I quess Iīm the only one who liked the show.

I think Nicole/Sami/EJ story is going out much better than expected from spoilers. First, Ejami fans can be happy because the rape is no longer an issue and Sami and EJ are clearly in love (or have feelings) in each other. Of course, this is soap, so there is a huge obstacle in the form of Stefano and Samiīs fears he will try to take control over another grandchildren as clearly shown in her dreams. Because of that, she is not telling EJ about the baby and pushes EJ away, so he will eventually settle for Nicol.

I also love that Sami is slowly but surely regressing into the old schemer Sami we all want and love. Even Lucas is her sidekick and confidant again.

I donīt think there is something developing between Mel and Phillip. I already saw todayīs show and I think Mel is honestly interested in Nick. I agree they should show the reason why Phillip cares about her better, but I quess there are different rules when you are sexy seventeen year old girl. She clearly caught his interest when she was not afraid to approach him and I think he is somewhat amused by her, but there is no sign he is attracted to her THAT way.

Stax discussion today I think could be written less repetive, but I like the conflict. Itīs realistic. I think they could get really interesting after the inevitable breakup because they will be still in love, but donīt trust each other anymore and thatīs usual the best kind of conflict soap couples can get.

I love the new John and all his childish like giddiness and fortrightness. And i really donīt understand why J/M fans are so upset. IMO, this is the best story they had in years. Itīs about them, there is no thirdparty or another Stefanoīs crazy scheme. And I think theyīve shown very well why Marlena believes she has to go through this no matter what. You can see the attraction is still there and sometime there is a moment like today when she seems to be really cought and is honestly taken off with the new John, but still, she doesnīt trust him and he already disappointed and hurt her too much to give him another chance.

Edited by jane1978, Oct 14 2008, 01:18 PM.

FanODays

I tried watching yesterday's show for the first time in over a week but I couldn't bear it. It should have been like sitting down with an old friend but nobody did anything for me. The John and Marlena scenes were such a turn off and its sad to see what could have been a terrific story reduced to babble. I guess they were supposed to be cute but in the end they were pathetically sad.

In fact, the whole show was sad.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Today's show. I laughed myself silly at how consistently DENSE Stax is. They took the wallet to Bo which of course is covered in their fingerprints. The good news on this storyline is that Stax while fighting is marginally more interesting to watch then fighting.

Are they setting up for Nick to have a drinking problem? It's not a bad idea, it certainly runs in the Horton family and it would give Blake something to do, but the show needs to properly lay the ground work for it. This is a good start but don't let it climax anytime soon, just let him use alcohol to forget about his current problems. Meanwhile, he and Melanie's scenes were good and help me erase what Melanie was like around Philip. I am holding desperately onto hope that Philip/Melanie is just a means of giving Philip something to do and setting up for Mick to be estranged once Nick realizes that Melanie's constant compliments to him (which I do feel are genuine) are used by her to get what she wants.

I liked Kayla with Nicole today. It's neat to see them interact as I never even thought of a Kayla/Nicole conversation. It does tickle me though how the doctors on this show are used for whatever ailment one has.

I can't really sit and listen to the Lumi scenes because they are always at the horton cabin. I thought the cabin was in the middle of the lake? Wouldn't it be very inconvenient to live full time there?

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

I honestly only watched the Abe/Lexie stuff today. That babysitter Lacey is a such a bitch. I so wanted Lexie to go Dimera on her ass and slap the shit out of her.

I did LOL at Lacey telling everyone that Abe was flirting with her.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

jane1978
Oct 14 2008, 01:12 PM

I think Nicole/Sami/EJ story is going out much better than expected from spoilers. First, Ejami fans can be happy because the rape is no longer an issue and Sami and EJ are clearly in love (or have feelings) in each other. Of course, this is soap, so there is a huge obstacle in the form of Stefano and Samiīs fears he will try to take control over another grandchildren as clearly shown in her dreams. Because of that, she is not telling EJ about the baby and pushes EJ away, so he will eventually settle for Nicol.

That doesn't seem like a real obstacle to me, though, because Stefano has been utterly defanged and he seems like a threat to nobody. Sami's still living in the mansion with him and she leaves her children there without watching them 24/7. Why is she still there anyway? Why didn't she leave immediately after Stefano returned? I know she has no job and is basically a sponge but why doesn't she go sponge off Marlena for a change? Or go live with Roman? Did they discuss this and I missed it? It just rings so hollow for me for Sami to not tell EJ about the baby because she's so afraid of Stefano when she isn't doing anything to make her already-born children safe right now.

But also, again, for me, it comes down to not believing Sami loves EJ or that he loves her. If I believed that, I could probably fankwank it. But I don't, so I can't.

jane1978

Paxton
Oct 14 2008, 01:19 PM
jane1978
Oct 14 2008, 01:12 PM

That doesn't seem like a real obstacle to me, though, because Stefano has been utterly defanged and he seems like a threat to nobody. Sami's still living in the mansion with him and she leaves her children there without watching them 24/7. Why is she still there anyway? Why didn't she leave immediately after Stefano returned? I know she has no job and is basically a sponge but why doesn't she go sponge off Marlena for a change? Or go live with Roman? Did they discuss this and I missed it? It just rings so hollow for me for Sami to not tell EJ about the baby because she's so afraid of Stefano when she isn't doing anything to make her already-born children safe right now.

But also, again, for me, it comes down to not believing Sami loves EJ or that he loves her. If I believed that, I could probably fankwank it. But I don't, so I can't.
Well, Stefano will (probably) do something horrible soon so he will be shown as a real threat again. He is also watching John slowly dying and not doing anything, already planning to have another pawn. And I donīt have problem with Stefano babysitting the children because he loves them and physically he would never hurt them. But he is rising them as a DiMeras and thatīs the problem.

As for Ejami loving each other, the writing is no longer confusing. EJ makes it very clear the way he treats Nicol and Sami indirectly admitted it today again too.

I think the Tomlin/Reilly longtime colaboration is really starting to show, because the stories are shapping up much less confusing and more strightforward or plot driven, if you will, than when Scott was the EP.

Oh, and we also got back the obligatory half naked guy. I really LOLīd over Lucas having to spend an entire episode half naked today and in low cuted pants. And looks like tomorrow Dr. Dan is for the same job. Looks like NBC really wants that 18-34 demo back. :D

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Just as beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so is Days in the eyes of the individual viewer. Yesterday was both good and bad for me. Didn't like the scenes with Phillip and Melanie, liked the EJ/Nicole/Sami stuff but thought Sami was a little over the top and Nicole's expectations of how EJ would react unrealistic given the circumstances. Sami was just being Sami, but she should have butted out, but of course that is not her. Just a petty comment, but Stephanie needs a new hair style and dress.

jane1978

Tripp
Oct 14 2008, 01:17 PM
Are they setting up for Nick to have a drinking problem? It's not a bad idea, it certainly runs in the Horton family and it would give Blake something to do, but the show needs to properly lay the ground work for it. This is a good start but don't let it climax anytime soon, just let him use alcohol to forget about his current problems. Meanwhile, he and Melanie's scenes were good and help me erase what Melanie was like around Philip. I am holding desperately onto hope that Philip/Melanie is just a means of giving Philip something to do and setting up for Mick to be estranged once Nick realizes that Melanie's constant compliments to him (which I do feel are genuine) are used by her to get what she wants.
I donīt think Mel is using Nick. I think she has genuine feelings for him despite herself. That doesnīt mean she will not flirt/try seduce Phillip, especially if it can save her from jail, but I think in the scenes with Max and Nick they try to show Mel has a better side too.

As for Nickīs drinking, I think itīs more to show he DID something bad the night Trent was murdered and now feels quilty. Actually, Iīm starting to think he might be the killer.

Paxton
Member Avatar

jane1978
Oct 14 2008, 01:36 PM
Well, Stefano will (probably) do something horrible soon so he will be shown as a real threat again. He is also watching John slowly dying and not doing anything, already planning to have another pawn. And I donīt have problem with Stefano babysitting the children because he loves them and physically he would never hurt them. But he is rising them as a DiMeras and thatīs the problem.

As for Ejami loving each other, the writing is no longer confusing. EJ makes it very clear the way he treats Nicol and Sami indirectly admitted it today again too.

I think the Tomlin/Reilly longtime colaboration is really starting to show, because the stories are shapping up much less confusing and more strightforward or plot driven, if you will, than when Scott was the EP.

Oh, and we also got back the obligatory half naked guy. I really LOLīd over Lucas having to spend an entire episode half naked today and in low cuted pants. And looks like tomorrow Dr. Dan is for the same job. Looks like NBC really wants that 18-34 demo back. :D
Why would Stefano love Allie and raise her as a DiMera? And again, the issue for me is that Sami isn't doing anything to stop Stefano from raising her children as DiMeras, regardless of what his plans are for them. If her fears are not that he will hurt them physically but that he will warp their minds, that's exactly as big a reason to get her already-born children away from him and the mansion.

For me it's not so much the writing as the acting that makes this an unconvincing EJami love story, although the writing is strange too. Neither AS nor JS are selling me on the love. AS never has and JS hasn't in months. They seem like two people who hate each other, honestly, to me (the characters, not the actors). Just last week EJ was complaining about how puerile Sami is, so it's not exactly a love story anyway. Plus I don't understand what the catalyst is for Sami's newfound admission of love for EJ. Because she's pregnant? Not the first time she's been pregnant with his baby. Because this baby was conceived consensually? We haven't seen her think about or mention their sex in months--she had to be reminded of how she got pregnant. Because EJ's sniffing around Nicole? He's been doing that for months. Why didn't their elevator escapade jolt her into realization of her supposed dormant feelings of love that she wouldn't acknowledge? Why didn't they follow up on the stairwell shenanigans?

To me, the writing for EJamole has given me whiplash.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

jane1978
Oct 14 2008, 01:46 PM
Tripp
Oct 14 2008, 01:17 PM
I donīt think Mel is using Nick. I think she has genuine feelings for him despite herself. That doesnīt mean she will not flirt/try seduce Phillip, especially if it can save her from jail, but I think in the scenes with Max and Nick they try to show Mel has a better side too.

As for Nickīs drinking, I think itīs more to show he DID something bad the night Trent was murdered and now feels quilty. Actually, Iīm starting to think he might be the killer.
I agree too. I think Melanie does have feelings for Nick as her flirting with him doesn't help her at all and she does try to take his beer away. But what is interesting is how Nick, who is gaining self confidence because he thinks this hot and experienced girl finds him sexy and hot, will react if he finds out how Melanie acts around Philip which we know she revs things up next week for him (God help us all). It may send Nick back to older patterns of low self esteem and even more drinking (or into Chelsea's arms). He is either going to think Melanie really does like Philip and has thrown him over like Chelsea did to him or if he does suspect she is trying to manipulate Philip, it probably will result in Nick questioning how Melanie really feels about him.

peaches179

darraholic
I honestly only watched the Abe/Lexie stuff today. That babysitter Lacey is a such a bitch. I so wanted Lexie to go Dimera on her ass and slap the shit out of her.

Yep. That was the best part of the show for me today too. That Lacey chick is a good actress. But the mayor..... They can't get rid of him soon enough for me. He is horrible!

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Sariah
Oct 14 2008, 01:05 PM
Quote:

Um, Ciara is biologically a Kiriakis because she's Bo's daughter,

You say that like Days suddenly has a problem with incest. I think Stax is pretty good proof that they don't.

Besides, I was being facetious and sarcastic. I'm tired of them pairing a great character like Philip with little girls. :D
Well, I'm no Stax fan so you're barking up the wrong tree as far as that pairing goes. LOL!

Maybe Philip is paired with 'little girls' because he acts like a spoiled whiney 3 year old 99.9% of the time. LMAO!!!

Alligato
Member Avatar

It annoys me that Max calls Trent "my father" or "our father". Trent was NOT Max's father! He was the sperm donor who abandoned him. Shawn was Max's father, and for some reason, it bothers me that Max calls Trent that.

Sami and Lucas are cute, but I just have no clue what Sami's motivations are. Does she really think she can hide her pregnancy from EJ? Her mom? She is acting like a crazy lunatic right now! I think the Sami's line, "how could he do this to me?" is the most ridiculous thing! EJ could ask the same thing!

Sami finally looked really cute today. That little dress is perfect for her, and her hair made her look like a young woman again! Lucas was also vying for the "yummy" title. Love the bod, the hair, the smiles he had today!

Could EJ look anymore depressed about Nicole? I do feel for Nicole...I know she is excited about this "miracle" (although if I hear that word again, I will scream!!) but she needs to realize that EJ isn't on the same page and to possible move on without him. Become independent and a single mom. Just because EJ wants to be a part of new baby's life doesn't mean that EJ wants a relationship with her. I just wish Nicole would move on...she knows that she isn't EJ's first choice, so why even go there?!?! This triangle is just killing me!! As soon as Lucas was out of it, Nicole took his place! Ugh!!!

I just don't get Nick boozing it up. What is his deal? He looked tres cute though! Not sure the point of that whole scene. I will say that I like Mick waaayyy more than Chick and definitely more than Phelanie.

Loved the whole set up for Abe/Lexie/disgruntled babysitter. The drama, the frustration, the lies! Great stuff!

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Alligato
Oct 14 2008, 01:58 PM
It annoys me that Max calls Trent "my father" or "our father". Trent was NOT Max's father! He was the sperm donor who abandoned him. Shawn was Max's father, and for some reason, it bothers me that Max calls Trent that.

Sami and Lucas are cute, but I just have no clue what Sami's motivations are. Does she really think she can hide her pregnancy from EJ? Her mom? She is acting like a crazy lunatic right now! I think the Sami's line, "how could he do this to me?" is the most ridiculous thing! EJ could ask the same thing!

Sami finally looked really cute today. That little dress is perfect for her, and her hair made her look like a young woman again! Lucas was also vying for the "yummy" title. Love the bod, the hair, the smiles he had today!

Could EJ look anymore depressed about Nicole? I do feel for Nicole...I know she is excited about this "miracle" (although if I hear that word again, I will scream!!) but she needs to realize that EJ isn't on the same page and to possible move on without him. Become independent and a single mom. Just because EJ wants to be a part of new baby's life doesn't mean that EJ wants a relationship with her. I just wish Nicole would move on...she knows that she isn't EJ's first choice, so why even go there?!?! This triangle is just killing me!! As soon as Lucas was out of it, Nicole took his place! Ugh!!!

I just don't get Nick boozing it up. What is his deal? He looked tres cute though! Not sure the point of that whole scene. I will say that I like Mick waaayyy more than Chick and definitely more than Phelanie.

Loved the whole set up for Abe/Lexie/disgruntled babysitter. The drama, the frustration, the lies! Great stuff!
Haven't seen today's show yet, Alligato, but your assessment of EJ and the Nicole situation is right on. I think he wants the baby, but Nicole, not so much. We shall see.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Paxton
Oct 14 2008, 01:48 PM
For me it's not so much the writing as the acting that makes this an unconvincing EJami love story, although the writing is strange too.

Neither AS nor JS are selling me on the love. AS never has and JS hasn't in months. They seem like two people who hate each other, honestly, to me (the characters, not the actors). Just last week EJ was complaining about how puerile Sami is, so it's not exactly a love story anyway.

Plus I don't understand what the catalyst is for Sami's newfound admission of love for EJ. Because she's pregnant? Not the first time she's been pregnant with his baby. Because this baby was conceived consensually? We haven't seen her think about or mention their sex in months--she had to be reminded of how she got pregnant. Because EJ's sniffing around Nicole? He's been doing that for months. Why didn't their elevator escapade jolt her into realization of her supposed dormant feelings of love that she wouldn't acknowledge? Why didn't they follow up on the stairwell shenanigans?

To me, the writing for EJamole has given me whiplash.
I totally agree, Pax! For the longest time, I KNEW EJ was in love with Sami...and now when it looks like they are supposed to be in love with each other aside from circumstances, I don't feel it from him.

And Sami, I don't get her motivation for suddenly falling in love with EJ. Today Lucas said "you are going to lose EJ to Nicole" and Sami didn't protest like she used to ALWAYS do...so now she is supposed to be in love with him, and I don't see it. Sami would go after the man she was in love with...always has! Why isn't she after EJ right now??

And with this huge bump that Sami has, how in the world did she NOT know she was pregnant? I know it is plot writing, but damn!!! It's been 5 months, Sami has never flashbacked to the sex, so we just don't see where Sami has been daydreaming or falling in love with EJ until last week.

I think this has alot to do with the new writers and the direction they are going now, but hell yea, I got the whiplash too!!!
Edited by Alligato, Oct 14 2008, 02:09 PM.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

darraholic

i totally agree. lacey definitely went waaaaay overboard today with the complaints, rendering her completely unbelievable. abe was hitting on her, theo is out of control, lexie and abe are neglectful, etc etc. i wanted someone to remind her that theo is what, like six, tops? he also has autism...there is no way he walked away from her deliberately....she's just a shitty babysitter.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Oct 14 2008, 02:09 PM.

Nicole Walker

I definetly have whiplash.

Alligato
Member Avatar

ArizonaDaze
Oct 14 2008, 02:07 PM
Haven't seen today's show yet, Alligato, but your assessment of EJ and the Nicole situation is right on. I think he wants the baby, but Nicole, not so much. We shall see.
Arizona - As of today's show, Ej has shown absolutely no interest in Nicole nor does he give off any vibe that he wants to be with her...since she told him about the baby.

Yet, because of the preview, we know by Friday, he is humping her on the sofa...so I really want to know, what is the big catalyst that changes his mind...because that is a big jump from how he is acting today where he can barely smile at her to her riding him like a bronco on Friday.
So either a BIG catalyst or reeaallyy bad writing!
:shrug:

Paxton
Member Avatar

Alligato
Oct 14 2008, 02:13 PM
Yet, because of the preview, we know by Friday, he is humping her on the sofa...so I really want to know, what is the big catalyst that changes his mind...because that is a big jump from how he is acting today where he can barely smile at her to her riding him like a bronco on Friday.
So either a BIG catalyst or reeaallyy bad writing!
:shrug:
Hee. I'm putting my money on "really bad writing." Of course, I consider it really bad writing in general for this triangle that needs to be shot.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply