Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion!; Week of Oct. 13th
Topic Started: Oct 13 2008, 12:23 PM (5,045 Views)
Kyrai

Nicole Dimera
Oct 14 2008, 07:32 PM
What happened to EJ and Tony taking down Stefano? The storyline has been dropped. All this hype over EJ & Tony taking on Stefano and John and there's NOTHING AT ALL!! This is ridiculous! Get to the good stuff and stop playing around. Stop focusing so much on whose with who and give my Stefano the time he deserves!! What happened to the war within the Dimera family? I thought this was a chance for EJ,Tony, John and Stefano to show their claws and get ruthless!! Stefano is not doing anything now, EJ is caught between his two baby mamas, JOhn is begging Marlena to come back to him, Stefano is a damn babysitter and now Dr. Phil. The green fog was great but that's all he's done. What a disappointment. I want havoc, I want action, I want my Stefano back!! Bring back the Phoenix!! His job is not to babysit kids stop wasting Stefano. This come back was suppose to be better than the last time! Stefano is babysitting and reading bedtime stories GMAB. Where is this new pawn? Where is my STefano?
I <3 you! :hail:

I wanted EJ to be pulled between Tony and Stefano, not Nicole and Sami. I wanted John and Marlena to be helping in the fight against Stefano, not fighting each other. Sadly, I think most or all of what was promised has been dropped in lieu of fluffy non-stories.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

I love, love, loved Lumi today. Just classic Lumi scenes! I loved Lucas going off on Sami, calling her on her bull and not going along with it...although I was surprised that he didn't consider it. Seems like something he would have done back in the day! I am also surprised that he pushs for Sami to be with EJ. Loved that Sami tried to guilt him. As much as I have been hating on Sami recently, she is just being quintessential Sami.
But all in all, I love Lumi when they act like this and look out for each other.
Sami looked like crap in that tent today. Lucas is still pulling the yummy vibe.

Chloe was just weird talking to Marlena...agreed it should have been Phillip or even Nicole.

Nicole and EJ seemed a little more in tune with each other today. EJ is relaxing a bit, and I sense some sincerity with Nicole. The whole Stefano thing seems a little ominous...maybe Nicole and Steffie would team up?
Why didn't EJ just pay her hotel bill for another month and cover for her instead of moving her in...but where is the fun in that?

Loved John and Marlena today. I look forward to where this is going...but not much has been said about his headaches lately. Wonder if they will drop the subject on his head exploding anytime soon.

Great show, great movement! Enjoyed it!

Fuzzy

luvpumpkns
Oct 16 2008, 01:43 PM
nancyhan77
Oct 16 2008, 01:08 PM
With regard to today's show, could someone tell me why Chole went to Marlena to talk to her about her relationship with Lucas? This just doesn't make sense, especially since she was married to Brady (is she still married to him?), Marlena's step-son and now Chloe wants to get it on with Lucas, who happened to be married to Sami, so that would make Lucas Marlena's ex son-in-law. I know I would LOVE to go to my mother-in-law to discuss banging her daughter's ex-husband! WTF??? I just don't understand why this conversation was even necessary, except to prove that Chloe has no friends, and, if it was just for her to pry information out of Marlena regarding Lucas, how lame! Can someone help? I'm floundering with this S/L. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
it seemed like filler to me. i couldn't figure out the point of all of that, either, except it allowed chloe to vent about her fear that lucas is cheating on her. phillip would have made more sense as a confidante, or even nicole. i didn't get why it was marlena.
I think she was fishing for information.

Days4Life

Nicole and Stefano are really bonding, aren't they? Very interesting, especially since Nicole has a history with older men.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Classic Sami today, folks! Using her tears in hopes that it'll change Lucas' mind. However, she needs to remember that Lucas knows her like the back of his hand. Those little things aren't going to work on him, at least they shouldn't. They did for a few years there, but now that the writers are writing Lucas the way he should be written, it ain't working, Sami!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Oct 16 2008, 02:15 PM
Nicole and Stefano are really bonding, aren't they? Very interesting, especially since Nicole has a history with older men.
Love love love Stefano and Nicole scenes. :cheer:

jules

Kyrai
Oct 16 2008, 02:05 PM
Nicole Dimera
Oct 14 2008, 07:32 PM
What happened to EJ and Tony taking down Stefano? The storyline has been dropped. All this hype over EJ & Tony taking on Stefano and John and there's NOTHING AT ALL!! This is ridiculous! Get to the good stuff and stop playing around. Stop focusing so much on whose with who and give my Stefano the time he deserves!! What happened to the war within the Dimera family? I thought this was a chance for EJ,Tony, John and Stefano to show their claws and get ruthless!! Stefano is not doing anything now, EJ is caught between his two baby mamas, JOhn is begging Marlena to come back to him, Stefano is a damn babysitter and now Dr. Phil. The green fog was great but that's all he's done. What a disappointment. I want havoc, I want action, I want my Stefano back!! Bring back the Phoenix!! His job is not to babysit kids stop wasting Stefano. This come back was suppose to be better than the last time! Stefano is babysitting and reading bedtime stories GMAB. Where is this new pawn? Where is my STefano?
I <3 you! :hail:

I wanted EJ to be pulled between Tony and Stefano, not Nicole and Sami. I wanted John and Marlena to be helping in the fight against Stefano, not fighting each other. Sadly, I think most or all of what was promised has been dropped in lieu of fluffy non-stories.
Those stories have been dropped like a ton of bricks. And I didn't read a thing about John's headaches etc in the Nov sweeps. :huh:

Days4Life

I could get really excited about a Stefano/Nicole pairing. Imagine the possibilities! It would be absolutely delicious!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

^ I thought that too when they had Stefano going after Kate about having his children. I wanted him to go after Nicole instead, setting up a very interesting Stefano/Nicole/EJ triangle. Stefano needs some loving!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

What I found most interesting about today was the Nicole/Stefano scenes. EJ felt her stomach and felt nothing but the baby seemed to respond to Stefano. I have this feeling Nicole's willingness to let Stefano be involved in the baby's life and her pregnancy will be a major source of conflict with EJ. Also, Nicole is enjoying the attention and care Stefano is willing to give and we all know it's in Nicole's character to want the high life so I can see them laying the groundwork for something here. This is what I mean by intersecting stories. The power struggle I still maintain has not been dropped. They just need to further it by making it more personal for EJ and what better then this Nicole/Stefano angle. EJ clearly was miffed and he and Nicole fight about it tomorrow. It makes EJ want to wrestle control away from Stefano because he sees the makings of something awful here. It's bad enough he has to worry about Johnny but Sami is on the same page with him there. Now here is Nicole letting Stefano be involved. This should be good. I would be totally in favor of a Nicole/Stefano story. Very interesting. They were hilarious together and I just loved Stefano getting all pissed off about Pookie and Nicole and doing a complete 180 after learning Nicole was pregant. Good scenes.

I also liked the way EJ took action for Nicole when she was evicted. Cute scenes and loved how EJ had his charm back today when he surprised Nicole with the date and danced with her.

As I said yesterday, the Lumi scenes were a joy to watch. It's a nice nod to their history as far as Sami asking Lucas to be father of her baby and lying and telling everyone else. It ties back to Austin thinking he was Will's father. It's also hysterical how Sami told Lucas that EJ will think back to the night Lucas caught them in bed and will see how hurt Lucas was and think Sami seduced him or something since she was desperate to get him back. I just love it how Sami says she did try to sleep with him after that and Lucas says that he rejected her and Sami says "That's not the point." :laugh: . They were hysterical scenes. It's classic Sami and Lucas. She was so in character trying to use her tears. Again, though, I was shocked by Sami actually going to the abortion clinic. That was a nice tie-in with history as Sami almost did the same thing being pregnant with Will. Loved the tension of Chloe calling him and finding out where he was and hearing Sami being called his wife. That was classic Days stuff right there. Nice cliffhanger too with Lucas walking in and asking if she did it. The unspoiled will be left hanging with that one. It was also nice to see a different set for the clinic. I just love the writing for Sami and Lucas right now.

Chloe/Marlena felt like a waste. They were ok scenes and I commend Dee on playing Marlena as still having some issues with Chloe. Her facial expressions and demeanor showed that but it's Marlena and she still tried to help. The fact that Chloe was trying to pump her for information was kind of dumb though considering Sami was involved but Chloe is insecure and it works. She has this feeling Lucas is being drawn to Sami and that she is losing him so I can see why she's worried.

J&M was very good. I liked the early Stefano/John scenes where Stefano basically couldn't believe what he was hearing. Dee was great today. Again, I love how her whole demeanor and body language changed once John told her what he did and how far he had went. The way she basically tried to get him to stay and the way he maintained he had things to do and that he wanted to get out of the mansion, which only made her more proud of him, was played very well. You could feel her beginning to let go. We are starting to see her give in now despite her reservations, which she still has. Loved the look on her face when he handed her the divorce papers, telling her he did everything and the ball is in her court. Good moment and well played by both Drake and Dee. Wonderful scenes and he actually said he loved her. I don't think he actually knows what that truly means yet and I think Drake played it that way as he said it so matter of factly but it's something to please the J&M fans.

All in all, a very strong episode with tomorrow looking like a hell of an episode.

nancyhan77
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Oct 16 2008, 02:42 PM
I could get really excited about a Stefano/Nicole pairing. Imagine the possibilities! It would be absolutely delicious!

You read my mind! I could so see a Nicano relationship!! They would be so perfect for each other and she could pop out an army of Dimera's, she's young, LOL!! :drunk:

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ugh, count me out of Stefano/Nicole. I'm really not interested in seeing that at all, romantically at least. They could be fun and entertaining but not as a couple.

Dr. Chip

I'm not interested in a Stefano/Nicole romantic pairing, but I really like the idea of her coming into the DiMera family. If you think about it, Nicole and E.J. have a lot in common with Anna and Tony. Yeah, Tony was a good guy, but he also did some despicable things (like raping Liz). Anna was a gold-digger and wanted the DiMera money before she genuinely fell in love with Tony (a la Nicole and Victor). So there are some similarities.

I just think this is a fresh new avenue for the character of Stefano. This is better than creating more pawns, vowing more revenge against the Bradys, and kidnapping Marlena again.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Classic Lumi is back and I'm loving it! It's natural for Sami to ask Lucas to be pose as the father of her unborn baby. She's comfortable with Lucas as a father figure because of Will and Allie. She already knows what he's like in that role, and she approves. So why wouldn't she want him to be the father of her baby? I'm glad Lucas refused though. And I'm also glad they didn't have him crumble due to her tears. Like I said before, had that been Austin or Lucas, the way he's been written for the last five years, then they he they would have agreed to because of her crying. But no. That's not Lucas Roberts. He knows Sami like the back of his hand. No crocidile tears are going to make him give in and do something he knows he shouldn't due to his own personal life with Chloe.

And I cracked up at how soon Sami's tears stopped flowing down her face the minute Lucas rejected the idea. Classic Sami right there! Her "sadness" turned into anger because she didn't get her way. But it didn't come off as childish like it could've. Good work there in the writing and the acting of Sweeney.

I did think it was cute how sweet EJ was being at the hotel. I do feel bad for Nicole in the situation she's in right now and I'm glad EJ invited her to stay at the DiMera mansion.

How freaking cute and adorable and funny were Stefano and Nicole's scenes?! :wub2: Who would've ever thought putting those two together would be gold. It really is, at least for me. You could see the uncertainty in Nicole's eyes when she first arrived and Stefano found her there and she told him that she was moving in. But as soon as he learned that Nicole was pregnant with a DiMera heir, Steafno's whole attitude towards Nicole changed, and hers changed towards him. They opened up to each other and it was great.

I LOL when Nicole said her baby kicked and EJ went to feel, but felt nothing and suggested that it was Nicole's imagination. That pissed her off and she pushed him to the side and put Stefano's hand on her stomach and the baby kicked. That was great! I agree with whoever said that Nicole's trust and want for Stefano to be a part of the baby's life would be the best conflict for EJ and Nicole. EJ knows firsthand what it's like to be raised with Stefano's influence. He probably doesn't want that for his child. And then you have Nicole, who sees only material things and wants Stefano to keep doting on her and her baby, so she's going to want him in the child's life because she thinks that the baby's success will mean success for herself.

I can't help but see disappointment in Nicole's future though as far as Stefano's concerned. I think Nicole really believes Stefano interested in not only the baby, but her as well. I doubt that's the case. Once Nicole gives birth to the baby, I could see Stefano seeing her as too much of a hassel in the DiMera family and he will want to get rid of her, all while keeping the baby in the family. That's what I'm seeing happening. But until then, I'm going to enjoy Nicole's scenes with "Grandpa Stefano."

I was surprised to see Chloe show up in Marlena's office today. As random as the scene may be to some, I loved it. I love seeing Marlena in the work place environment.

I wasn't interested in one part of John and Marlena's scenes today. I just don't give a damn anymore and that's the writers fault. Once something actually happens with this storyline, maybe I'll start caring again.

I had to say a big old WTF at the previews tomorrow. Lexie is telling Stefano that he needs to end ties with Mayor Marino or else he's going to lose all ties with his grandson. Um, what ties? As far as I know, Stefano's never even come into contact with Theo. I've been wanting this for years now and it still hasn't happened. It's like Stefano's all about Johnny and Theo gets the shaft.

Alligato
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Oct 16 2008, 05:42 PM
Classic Lumi is back and I'm loving it! It's natural for Sami to ask Lucas to be pose as the father of her unborn baby. She's comfortable with Lucas as a father figure because of Will and Allie. She already knows what he's like in that role, and she approves. So why wouldn't she want him to be the father of her baby?
You know, Drew. I think this is why I am going to like Whitsell and the new EP.

Just a few months ago, we had Sami freaking out about leaving Lucas with Ali for a weekend and it so didn't make sense to me. Lucas raised Will, and Sami had no reason to fear Lucas could bond and care for Ali.
Lucas looked like an idiot and Sami was out of character.

Now, old manipulative Sami is back, Lumi is back, Lucas was awesome...is this all the new cowriter and EP? Was Scott really that bad or was the tension between Scott and Higley that bad?

Something seems to be flowing better...or something is clicking...is it too early to say it is the new team?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I honestly can't recall Stefano and Nicole ever being in scenes before. Of course, Joe was offscreen the bulk of Nicole's first stint in Salem but still. They lit up the screen together and I, too, just adored the way they both opened up to each other once she told him she was pregnant. I really see some major conflict here between EJ, Stefano, and Nicole. Joe seemed to enjoy the material today too.

I have to say one more thing about LUMI today. Did anyone else get a kick out of Lucas asking Sami what she was going to do...hide her stomach behind things? It seemed like they were poking fun at how Ali had to hide her pregnancy on the show in the past and how now she doesn't have to hide the fact that her stomach is big. Loved that scene.

I do agree that it was nice seeing Marlena actually at work. We need more of that. Perhaps even give her a story involving a patient. Her and Chloe were random but it's always nice seeing character interact like that.

I will be watching tomorrow's episode soon but my take on the Lexie/Stefano scenes is that she is playing on Stefano's fear that he will never have any role in Theo's life. I think Lexie believes the only way to get through to Stefano is through those means. She doesn't want him having a role in Theo's life but she can hold over him the chance that he can have a role in his life. Once I watch the episode, I will comment further but that is my sense of it. I do wish and hope we get more Stefano/Theo.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Alligato
Oct 16 2008, 06:23 PM
DrewHamilton
Oct 16 2008, 05:42 PM
Classic Lumi is back and I'm loving it! It's natural for Sami to ask Lucas to be pose as the father of her unborn baby. She's comfortable with Lucas as a father figure because of Will and Allie. She already knows what he's like in that role, and she approves. So why wouldn't she want him to be the father of her baby?
You know, Drew. I think this is why I am going to like Whitsell and the new EP.

Just a few months ago, we had Sami freaking out about leaving Lucas with Ali for a weekend and it so didn't make sense to me. Lucas raised Will, and Sami had no reason to fear Lucas could bond and care for Ali.
Lucas looked like an idiot and Sami was out of character.

Now, old manipulative Sami is back, Lumi is back, Lucas was awesome...is this all the new cowriter and EP? Was Scott really that bad or was the tension between Scott and Higley that bad?

Something seems to be flowing better...or something is clicking...is it too early to say it is the new team?

Well, Whitesell began being credited Monday but I do think it is possible his influence was felt before that. I tend to think it's Higley too as all of Ed Scott's stuff and all the interference-laden material is now gone and it's all Higley and Whitesell. Whitesell has wrote for Days before so maybe he is helping but Higley's biggest positive of her first stint was Lumi and many of us were shocked that they writing for them did not improve once she returned. Maybe the whole Ed Scott issue was the reason for that. Whatever the case, Lumi are definitely back in their element now.

The whole show is flowing though. The only time there is a choppy feel is from a technical standpoint, not the writing. In spring and summer, it was the opposite. The writing had no direction but now it does. The stories are forming and you feel like you are building to something now.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Oct 16 2008, 06:31 PM
I will be watching tomorrow's episode soon but my take on the Lexie/Stefano scenes is that she is playing on Stefano's fear that he will never have any role in Theo's life. I think Lexie believes the only way to get through to Stefano is through those means. She doesn't want him having a role in Theo's life but she can hold over him the chance that he can have a role in his life. Once I watch the episode, I will comment further but that is my sense of it. I do wish and hope we get more Stefano/Theo.
Theo's five years old and I don't think we've ever even heard Stefano ask to see Theo. Yes, I'm sure Abe and Lexie want their son nowhere near Stefano, but it's not like Stefano's dying to see his oldest grandchild either. That's stupid.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Oct 16 2008, 07:45 PM
PhoenixRising05
Oct 16 2008, 06:31 PM
Theo's five years old and I don't think we've ever even heard Stefano ask to see Theo. Yes, I'm sure Abe and Lexie want their son nowhere near Stefano, but it's not like Stefano's dying to see his oldest grandchild either. That's stupid.
Well, Stefano was also off the canvas from 2003-2007 and Lexie got very few scenes with him. Celeste warned Stefano not to go near Lexie after her captivity. Stefano was sort of in a bubble and that is one criticism I had in regards to Hogan. Stefano was only around to talk about the Vendetta or further EJ/Sami. Now he has more of a leadership role and is heading his family again. He has more purpose now and he's actually having scenes with Lexie. He has asked to see Theo a few times. I do agree it is dumb that he hasn't tried to force himself into Theo's life but he's never really done that with Lexie. With EJ and Tony, he did but with Lexie he's always kind of been at her mercy so to speak. He's always tended to follow her wishes and help her from afar, much like he's doing now with telling the mayor not to involve her or Theo. That is how the baby switch story began too. He went over her head and helped her but she really didn't want him involved with her or her family.

Hopefully, they work more on Stefano/Theo. Your right in that it's important and it's nice that they are at least focusing a bit on it and Stefano's relationship with Lexie.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Oct 16 2008, 08:38 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Just a little tidbit about tomorrow's show...

Lexie DIMERA makes a brief appearance :biggrin: .

Also, Stefano is in rare form and Lexie totally plays on Stefano's desire to be a bigger part of Theo's life. I did hate how they acted as if Stefano has been badgering Lexie to see Theo or that he had some sort of relationship with him to begin with but I do like the fact that Lexie turned to Stefano to bring down Marino and protect Theo.

Tomorrow's show is a very good one. We got a catfight (Steph/Melanie), a Caroline/Sami heart to heart (boy are those classics...we used to get them a ton under JER...she was always Sami's sounding board it seemed), Chloe being a nosy bitch, some great Nicole/EJ stuff including a hot love scene, and one hell of a great cliffhanger along witb the greatness of the Lexie/Stefano stuff. There is even a little Melanie/Max cliffhanger.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply