Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TV Guide: Guiding Light Kills Gay Storyline
Topic Started: Oct 15 2008, 10:13 AM (806 Views)
ljacks13
Member Avatar

This week's print edition of TV Guide put to rest the rumors of Guiding Light's Olivia(Crystal Chappell) and Natalia(Jessica Leccia) having a lesbian relationship. In the article, a Guiding Light representative confirms Olivia and Natalia will move in together and form a very close relationship that is unusual to soaps. However, the spokesperson states "this is not going to be a gay storyline."

Well if they aren't going to be gay, then just how close will they get? Sometimes, I really think the writers of this show don't know what's going on.

http://www.daytimeconfidential.com/2008/10/tv-guide-kills-guiding-light-lesbian-storyline-rumor#comments
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

I think GL is lying and they want to surprise people. I don't know...

King
Member Avatar

I don't know how I'd feel about Olivia in a lesbian relationship anyway.

I feel like they just throw everything at that character whether it makes sense to or not.

darraholic
Member Avatar

I hope they did can this storyline.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

brimike

To be fair, this headline is a little misleading. From what I understand, it's that GL killed the gay storyline RUMOR, not the gay STORYLINE.

Whether or not they're lying is another story altogether. But this headline implies there WAS a gay story, and then it was changed at the last minute... when according to the original news story, they're just refuting the rumor.

Sorry to be so anal... LOL! Usually I don't nitpick like this, but the different headlines mean different things.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Of course it wouldn't be a "gay storyline" since both women would be considered Bisexual. having been with men. ;)

Maybe the GL rep was told to say it that way, and they plan on shocking the audience?

Hell, GL needs all the buzz it can get and having CC in a relationship with a woman is about as buzzworthy as you can get.
Edited by Rick, Oct 15 2008, 02:53 PM.

Ilovethesoaps

GL, has enough stuip storylines! They don't need to add another one! It would'nt even make sense at this point!

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

Why even bother? It'd not like they would do it justice.

IA w/King about Olivia though. They just throw anything at her. Crystal makes it work though, somehow.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

After what the writers did with Revas breast cancer storyline, I think we should be glad they nixed this one since the story probably would have stunk anyways.

Quote:

IA w/King about Olivia though. They just throw anything at her. Crystal makes it work though, somehow.

I completely agree, no matter what horrible things they have Olivia do, I am always glued to the screen and always rooting for her because Crystal is such a fabulous actress.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply