Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sri Rao talks to TVGC; is he heading to GH?
Topic Started: Oct 15 2008, 11:58 AM (658 Views)
hunterforrester
Member Avatar

http://tvguide.sympatico.msn.ca/So+who+wants+to+clone+Sri+Rao/Soaps/Features/Articles/081015_Sri_Rao_NB.htm?isfa=1
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bellcurve
Member Avatar

Sri Rao really *GETS* soaps. Not only just soaps, but just writing as a whole.

We need people in the entertainment industry that want to write compelling stories for television and film and not just the gimmicky plot-driven bull that has plagued the industry for so long.

My hat goes off to Mr. Rao, a writer who cares about quality instead of the going for the almighty gimmick.
(Keep in mind I haven't seen NIGHTSHIFT, so I am not sure if there are cheap tricks in the show, BUT, it sounds to me like he has at least established that rule for himself.)

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm so pissed. I tried to get into Night Shift last year and I thought it was horrible. So I didn't even bother watching this season, even though I knew it was under a new executive producer and head writer. I would see the previews, and yes, I was happy to see Jagger, Robert and Anna back, but I still wasn't intrigued by anything to get me watching. I didn't care.

But last night, there was nothing on television at 11. I had seen all of these commercials about the special 2 part season finale, so I thought, why not, let me just watch it. OMG! It was freaking amazing. I'm so pissed that I haven't watched the season.

Rao gets how to write a drama. I don't know how he would do in daytime given the more workload needed, but he gets the show and its history. He would be an awesome co-head writer perhaps?

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

This was such a nice interview! Thanks Nelson!

ROFL @ you saying you might have to put Frons back on your Christmas list.

Q Steph
Member Avatar
Put your hands up for Obama

IHeartDRRick
Oct 15 2008, 01:21 PM
Sri Rao really *GETS* soaps. Not only just soaps, but just writing as a whole.

We need people in the entertainment industry that want to write compelling stories for television and film and not just the gimmicky plot-driven bull that has plagued the industry for so long.

My hat goes off to Mr. Rao, a writer who cares about quality instead of the going for the almighty gimmick.
(Keep in mind I haven't seen NIGHTSHIFT, so I am not sure if there are cheap tricks in the show, BUT, it sounds to me like he has at least established that rule for himself.)
I agree. GH or any other soap would benefit from his talents.

SallySlice
Member Avatar

Night Shift was a little spotty at times.
But the character development with
Robert, Anna and Robin was amazing.

Jagger too.

They made this season so worth it.

maryg23dz
Member Avatar

ITA - I was wary of NS this year, but decided to check out the season opener (which I thought sucked, btw). It seemed to me that they were trying to re-create a cheaper version of Grey's Anatomy. I decided to check out the next week, just in case Jagger was awesome, tho, and I was pleasantly surprised! The show started to truly develop into actual story-telling, instead of poorly written poo that was plot driven instead of character driven. Sri Rao did an AMAZING job with NS this year, and hopefully bought it at least one more season! I actually looked forward to it every week (yay DVR) especially after Anna came back the last few weeks. I really loved watching all the Scrubs stuff, and Chad Allen and the guy who plays Kyle were great additions to the show... I really hope he could come and balance out Guza's land of murder!

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

This season of NS definitely started to pick up after the first few eppys, and I'd love to see more Sri's work!!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I agree. it started a bit slow but Sri was also working his way into things too but the last few episodes...wow. Sri has proven he's very talented and I do think any soap, especially GH , could benefit from his talent. However, I doubt he will be doing anything but writing for NS, which means I will probably pay more attention to NS then GH LOL.

~bl~
Member Avatar

I think the show improved once Robert was brought into it. The first episodes established the new characters and were a little slow for that reason. Overall though I think Sri Rao did a good job with NS.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply