Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Molly Burnett Feature in SOD; Terry is mentioned!
Topic Started: Oct 15 2008, 01:49 PM (3,519 Views)
dansea1myheart

SOUNDS LIKE A YOUNG KID TO ME.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
Oct 22 2008, 10:05 AM
ladyofthelake
Oct 22 2008, 06:00 AM
As for his picture, Mason, did you see it on the Internet? He could post any picture. I wouldn't go by that.
LoL, I don't think he would post the picture he did if it weren't really him.
Well, I'll grant you that. I didn't see the picture.

sungrey

The scary thing about this is the person that killed Rebecca Schaeffer got her address from the frickin' DMV in California. That got stopped in a hurry. Hopefully Shelley, Molly and the other young Days women don't advertise where they live anytime soon.

Princessah
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Princessah
Oct 21 2008, 03:45 PM
Mason
Oct 21 2008, 03:39 PM
No one on the boards can be held responsible for the way that Terry is. That's just absurd.
You are right but people in general reacting that way to him are partially responsible.
Can you blame us? I mean, look at the history of stalkers and how they get started. He could be perfectly safe, or this could build up to something else. Remember Rebecca Sheffer?
If nothing else, there are signs that the boy is mentally ill. Either that, or he has a perverted sense of humor and needs to get another hobby. In this day and age, however, you cannot take for granted that he's just some poor pathetic sap who can't socialize. Well, I guess you can. But, there are poor pathetic saps who can't socialize that turn out to be stalkers.
I wish the guys' family would intervene, but I'm sure they see him as harmless. If he does go to the NBC event in November like he says, I guess we'll really find out then if he's harmless or has ulterior motives. If he turns out to be harmless, so be it. Why does it hurt to be cautious?
As for his picture, Mason, did you see it on the Internet? He could post any picture. I wouldn't go by that.
I dont blame you at all for being cautious. There is absolutely nothing wrong with caution. After all there are some bigtime freaks out there. What I was talking about was the comment about his looks. What he looks like has nothing to do with whether or not he is a physco stalker.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Princessah
Oct 26 2008, 03:12 AM
ladyofthelake
Princessah
Oct 21 2008, 03:45 PM
Mason
Oct 21 2008, 03:39 PM
No one on the boards can be held responsible for the way that Terry is. That's just absurd.
You are right but people in general reacting that way to him are partially responsible.
Can you blame us? I mean, look at the history of stalkers and how they get started. He could be perfectly safe, or this could build up to something else. Remember Rebecca Sheffer?
If nothing else, there are signs that the boy is mentally ill. Either that, or he has a perverted sense of humor and needs to get another hobby. In this day and age, however, you cannot take for granted that he's just some poor pathetic sap who can't socialize. Well, I guess you can. But, there are poor pathetic saps who can't socialize that turn out to be stalkers.
I wish the guys' family would intervene, but I'm sure they see him as harmless. If he does go to the NBC event in November like he says, I guess we'll really find out then if he's harmless or has ulterior motives. If he turns out to be harmless, so be it. Why does it hurt to be cautious?
I dont blame you at all for being cautious. There is absolutely nothing wrong with caution. After all there are some bigtime freaks out there. What I was talking about was the comment about his looks. What he looks like has nothing to do with whether or not he is a physco stalker.
OK, I see. thanks for the clarification.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Mason
Oct 18 2008, 07:44 PM
I've had the misfortune of seeing a picture of him and he's definitely not in his thirties.
So, he is a teenager? Where did you see his picture?
According to one of his youtube accounts that I saw, he is eighteen. Before I knew about who Terry was, I thought it was cute that this kid had crushes on the younger actresses. I even saw him on the favorite moments message board and thought, aww what a dedicated fan, he really likes Kristen, Shelley, and Rachel. However, when I first saw the repetitive, lengthy posts about how they wanted to marry him and he would kick anyone's ass who messed with them, I realized that this was an obsessive online stalker. I still don't believe that he is a threat in real life and he probably just likes the attention on the internet, but one can never be too cautious.

Mason
Member Avatar

DolceDiMera
Oct 26 2008, 11:49 PM
Where did you see his picture?
When he first started posting at SON, he used a picture of himself as his avatar.

Greeneyes

If he posted here and you guys are worried about the young actresses, don't you have an obligation to look up his IP addresses and notify NBC and Days? I believe all of you who say that it is as I have seen Terry's myspace page, his posts and his posts on Dena Hackley's blog, shouldn't one of your admins contact NBC? Better to be safe than sorry.

Mason
Member Avatar

^ If I knew his IP address, I'd be glad to do so.

Greeneyes

Admins have access to IP addresses, I know since I am one at other boards. One of them can just look at his old posts. Its very easy to do

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Actually, if you had read the comments about the NBC board already trying that, it's not so easy if he uses AOL. The IP addresses can be changed frequently. It's an old troll trick.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Greeneyes
Oct 27 2008, 05:57 PM
If he posted here and you guys are worried about the young actresses, don't you have an obligation to look up his IP addresses and notify NBC and Days? I believe all of you who say that it is as I have seen Terry's myspace page, his posts and his posts on Dena Hackley's blog, shouldn't one of your admins contact NBC? Better to be safe than sorry.
If you or anyone else knows what the best way to contact NBC/Days is then feel free to share with me or any other Admin here via PM, just because we are Admins at a soap opera related board doesn't mean we have direct access to any shows or networks.

I'd be more then happy to tell NBC/Days about Terry if I knew who and how to contact them, and I can tel you that he doesn't use AOHell so we are able to tell where he lives. Lately though he's been trying to disguise his IP by using methods to do that, but his posts give him away everytime.....

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

And if he was geeky savvy, he could use an anonymous proxy.

I do block him on my blog, but it's easier to just block him on his email address as he rarely changes that.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Tripp
Oct 27 2008, 07:54 PM

I do block him on my blog, but it's easier to just block him on his email address as he rarely changes that.
He's tried that and used to many different e-mail addresses to count, but as I mentioned before his posting style and content always gives him away.......

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Rhiannon
Oct 27 2008, 09:29 PM
Tripp

He's tried that and used to many different e-mail addresses to count, but as I mentioned before his posting style and content always gives him away.......
Yea but now he seems to stick to one email address...at least for my blog anyway. It will change after some time. I'm sure though for other sites he uses other emails.

I think now he is embracing that everyone knows him. He wants everyone to know he's Terry and who his favorites are. I think at this point I believe he posts to just get attention and get us riled up.
Edited by Tripp, Oct 27 2008, 09:48 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

Tripp
Oct 27 2008, 09:46 PM
I think at this point I believe he posts to just get attention and get us riled up.
And, sadly, it usually works.

zyona

Tripp
Oct 27 2008, 09:46 PM
Rhiannon
Oct 27 2008, 09:29 PM
Tripp

Yea but now he seems to stick to one email address...at least for my blog anyway. It will change after some time. I'm sure though for other sites he uses other emails.

I think now he is embracing that everyone knows him. He wants everyone to know he's Terry and who his favorites are. I think at this point I believe he posts to just get attention and get us riled up.
If that is the case I think everybody need to stop talking about him and not even pay him attention, because the more we talk about him the more he tries. He is a pest and he need to be ignored.

maconrich
Member Avatar

While this is slightly OT and is clearly looking at worst case scenarios, it does, IMO, reflect much of what we've all seen/read when it comes to Terry -- and therefore it might be something to consider / keep in mind when it comes to him.

This link and quote below focuses mainly on TV anchors, due in part to the recent attack on Anne Pressly, (a reporter for KATV in Little Rock Ark, who died of her injuries on the 25th). Her killer has not been caught (yet) and police don't know if it was a stalker, a random murder or someone who knew her.

More on her here <http://arkansasbusiness.com/article.aspx?lID=64&sID=65&ms=66&cID=ZZZ&aID=109397.54928.121523>)

The link for the article on obsessed and potentially lethal "fans" is here:

<http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_100420.html>

And to copy/paste of a couple of paragraphs that relate to any tv personality:

"Experts say obsessed fans are a nationwide problem.

Stuart Fischoff, a psychology professor at California State University in Los Angeles who specializes in those who stalk media personalities, said stalkers often obsess over local celebrities because they often feel a special attachment to them.

"Through our research, we have found that celebrities that appear on television elicit more stalkers," said Fischoff. "For one thing, the person appears much smaller on the television, not like the movies where they loom over you.

"The television is in our homes, so it feels like they are a special guest in our lives. The stalker then creates an imaginary relationship with the person that they watch."

Fischoff said a stalker might feel as though he intimately knows the object of his obsession.

"Often, it's easy to contact their local news anchor. They can send them notes and receive autographed pictures, which then become fodder for their fantasy. It's like there is a presumed intimacy between the person on television and their stalker."

(end copy)

Again, just MHO, but this sounds too much like Terry and indicates it might not be safe to write him off as a moron seeking attention -- which he may well be -- and for sure I'd rather believe that's what he is rather than the alternative...
Edited by maconrich, Oct 31 2008, 09:06 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply