Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:A look back with Peggy & Suzanne; production blog
Topic Started: Oct 16 2008, 01:37 AM (551 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

A Look Back with Peggy and Suzanne
October 15, 05:48 PM

Just recently, I had the pleasure of sitting down and chatting with two "Days of our Lives" veteran actresses, Peggy McCay and the Daytime Emmy award-winning actress, Suzanne Rogers.

I met up with Peggy as she was waiting for her photo shoot to begin. She is so full of life and immediately began sharing stories of growing up in New York. She's just as warm and friendly as she appears to be while playing the matriarch of the Brady family, Caroline. I was able to ask her a few questions that fans would love to get answers to.

Posted Image

Days Insider: What would you say your favorite storyline has been?

Peggy McCay: I would say this current storyline is my favorite one. Being accused of Trent Robbins' murder and being caught with the murder weapon by my own son who's part of the Salem police department. You cannot get more dramatic than that.

D.I.: How does it feel to be sharing more scenes with John Aniston?

P.M.: I like working with John very much. He's a lovely guy, a pleasure to work with, that's for sure and what can I say, he's very handsome. Maybe he can be your next "Ask the Hunk." To Caroline, he's definitely a hunk!

Next, I sat down with Suzanne Rogers, who has played the character of Maggie Horton for over 34 years. When she first told me that, I had to reply with a "wow"! She doesn't even look old enough to be considered a veteran actress of the show. She considers "Salem" her home away from home.

The Virginia native was sweet enough to sit down with me and answer a few of my questions.

Days Insider: Are there any storylines that stick out for you as favorites?

Suzanne Rogers: Of course the red shoes storyline, I know everybody is thinking the red shoes. That movie was my favorite when I was a little girl, of course the show did not know that at the time. My first storyline was when my character was on crutches, and my husband at the time gave me a pair of red shoes to help encourage me to learn to walk and those magical red shoes worked. You know I still have those red shoes in my wardrobe closet. The next favorite storyline was when my character lost her adopted daughter. Of course, that was the storyline that won me my Emmy.

D.I.: Speaking of, where is that Emmy now?

S.R.: It's on my mantle in my den. It's the first thing you see when you walk into my house. I don't understand when people put them in their bathroom or hide them. What can I say? I want other people to see it, too!

D.I.: You are going to be at the "Day of Days" fan event, right?

S.R.: You better believe it! I can't wait to meet all of our fans that have been so loyal to us. They love our show and we do our best to keep it good. There may be some storylines that fans don't like, but as long as we keep things interesting, the core will always still be there. The core of our show is the romance. Let's bring back even more romance in daytime!

Here's a lovely photo of Suzanne behind the scenes of her latest photo shoot.

Posted Image

Remember to stay tuned to my blog next week when I have a chance to sit down and talk to the latest hunks to grace the town of Salem: Eric Martsolf and Galen Gering.

http://blog.nbc.com/days_production/

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

Suzanne Rogers is so fierce and crazy beautiful!

LEADING LADY ALERT! Don't be stupid, DAYS! All of the DAYS blog writers are doing it, and every storyline done for Maggie is gold. They really need to tap that gold mine.
Edited by King, Oct 16 2008, 01:48 AM.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Peggy & Suzanne are amazing. DAYS really needs to use them more. If not as a lead then give them some meaty supporting stories.

Days4Life

I love Maggie. She still has the red shoes! That was a great story.

nancyhan77
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Oct 16 2008, 09:52 AM
I love Maggie. She still has the red shoes! That was a great story.
The red shoes S/L and the Laura/Bill/Mickey triangle were what got me hooked on Days when I was about 9 years old! I still LOVE Suzanne!! Wish I could say the same about the writers, LOL.

Days4Life

I was maybe 10 or 11 during the red shoes story, and I thought it was the most romantic thing ever. It makes me so very happy to know those shoes are still around.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

One of the best aspects of Higley's current tenure has been her using Caroline and Victor more and she isn't just putting them on...they have a purpose. Peggy seems happy to be involved in a big story. Good for her.

Maggie has been featured a bit more lately too, which is very good. Hope it continues. I agree that both Suzanne and Peggy are powerhouses and I would love to continue seeing more of them and for them to have some major story. Hell, I would even settle for them supporting consistently. They both are wonderful to watch onscreen.

I'm shocked they are a part of a photo shoot. That's awesome. They don't often find themselves involved in things like that. Maybe we are getting some new show pics soon.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Oct 16 2008, 06:38 PM.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

It's a damn shame Suzanne hasn't been used more over the years.

Thanks for sharing!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply