Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: November Sweeps
Topic Started: Oct 16 2008, 07:38 AM (7,859 Views)
Jonatha

Source: SOW

Please link to DR:

Days November Sweeps:

With two unsolved murders at the storyline forefront and a major marriage ending, there are plenty of twists and turns in store for the denizens of Salem. It all spells out a mighty November sweeps.

John hires Steve to find the mayor's killer, much to Kayla's chagrin.

Nicole's innocence or guilt in Trent's murder remains a mystery.

Sami meets her match in her new guard, Rafael.

Melanie puts the brakes on Nick's interest in her, until it appears he might be able to make her some money.

John and Marlena discuss the fact that their divorce is final and analyze what it means for their future.

Bo and Hope discover Trent's killer.

Philip offers Stephanie an internship at Titan.

Chloe thinks she's happy with Lucas, but is she really happier with Brady?

The new mayor of Salem is announced.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Charmqn
Member Avatar

oh Melanie, used to like you....

Phillip helping Steph out.....still bored

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks Jonatha ....

Doesn't sound all that exciting to me - at least not for sweeps! What happen to the catastrophic event that was suppose to happen and involving Phillip, Chloe, Lucas, Nicole, Sami and EJ - now minus Morgan?

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Jonatha
Oct 16 2008, 07:38 AM

John hires Steve to find the mayor's killer, much to Kayla's chagrin.
Yes, given them a story, please!

Quote:

Nicole's innocence or guilt in Trent's murder remains a mystery.
Of course it will.

Quote:

Melanie puts the brakes on Nick's interest in her, until it appears he might be able to make her some money.
I'm not against this. I kind of had this idea Melanie would try to con Nick like the other geeky guys only to wind up falling for him instead. Sounds like they are going back to that. Wonder if Chelsea will be around?

Quote:

Philip offers Stephanie an internship at Titan.
I'm so excited about this. Could this be a potential pairing? Please?
Edited by Tripp, Oct 16 2008, 08:13 AM.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting, Jonatha!! This doesn't sound like sweeps storylines to me??? Nothing too exciting here!! I guess we'll have to wait and see!!

downwhtone
Member Avatar

None of this sounds like sweeps material. I guess we'll see.

Jonatha

JANALH
Oct 16 2008, 08:30 AM
Thanks for posting, Jonatha!! This doesn't sound like sweeps storylines to me??? Nothing too exciting here!! I guess we'll have to wait and see!!
It's strange, all the other soaps had big one page write-ups on their Nov sweeps. What is posted about the Days sweeps is all that was said. In other words, not much. :shrug:

nancyhan77
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting this Jonatha, but, all I can say is, this stuff is for SWEEPS???? WTF??? It just sounds like the same old, same old! :drunk:

darraholic
Member Avatar

I really hope they go with a possible Philip & Stephanie pairing. I'm sure Steve & Kayla wouldn't be thrilled to have their daughter dating a Kiriakis.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Jonatha
Oct 16 2008, 08:34 AM
JANALH
Oct 16 2008, 08:30 AM
It's strange, all the other soaps had big one page write-ups on their Nov sweeps. What is posted about the Days sweeps is all that was said. In other words, not much. :shrug:
My only theory is that with the change in EP and addition of Whitesell as co-hw, some storylines were changed or scrapped. Maybe this lead to a change in the direction of sweeps?? :shrug: I'm with you Jonatha, it's strange!! :frustration:

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I was expecting more too. It sounds like a possible Stephanie/Phillip thing could happen though. That could be interesting. Thanks Jonny!

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Is it possible SOD is going to have the full story on Days sweeps next week, and that's why SOW doesn't have much?

esp13
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting. I'm very exicited by the possibility of a Stephanie/Philip chem test of sorts. I've been begging for that relationship for a long time because there is so much family history there. Also nice to see Steve and Kayla mentioned, even briefly.

My guess is that November sweeps don't sound like sweeps because the new regime has made a whole lot of changes to the stories that were originally planned for November sweeps.

deefanUBS

Thanks. I can not believe John & Marlena divorce!! Just what I want as a J&M fan...yet another wedding (at some point). :headbang: They didn't have to divorce. All Dena had to do was write an effing story!

maryg23dz
Member Avatar

ITA with everyone else... where the heck are the sweeps? This is NOT sweeps material! Sounds like the know the name of GG's character now - Rafael. I'm still wondering how that will go down... I hope they only make GG's character and Sami friends! Let's hope the buildup to the killer reveal is at least good

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting.
This is sweeps material? What a joke!
Edited by DolceDiMera, Oct 16 2008, 09:26 AM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Hopefully Steve investigating the murder will give Steve and Kayla something to do rather than just be advice givers and such. If you're not going to give these two a storyline, get rid of them.

Are we really supposed to believe Nicole or any other major character killed Trent? I'm almost 100% the killer will turn out to be Claude.

I'm assuming Rafael is Galen Gerring's new character. Hate the name.

I wonder what makes Melanie put the brakes on with Nick. Could it be a result of the returning bad boy Will Roberts? I hope so! Unfortunately, it looks like Melanie's gold-digging ways will keep Nick in her orbit.

I don't even give a damn about John and Marlena's storyline anymore. This could have all been wrapped up by summer and we could be at this point. The storyline has gone on far too long and I don't feel that anything's been accomplished. That's sad. But at least they're being featured, so that's a plus I guess.

My money's on Bo and Hope going after Claude and ending up in danger, but together, they pull through it, only as Bo and Hope could.

How many damn internships is Stephanie going to have? She should be freaking working for a business by now. I wonder if Philip's going to start going after Stephanie now. This is one pairing that I truly don't think I'll have a problem with, only because, despite the fact that Stephanie is younger than Philip, there is history between Victor and Steve and Kayla that will cause so much golden conflict for these two. People have wanted Philip and Stephanie for years. I could see it happening.

So we're not getting Phloe at all? It looks like we're headed for a Lucas/Chloe/Brady triangle. From what I got from when Chloe returned last year, their marriage was hell. How could she think that life with Brady would make her happier? I really hope we're not just supposed to forget everything that Chloe said about the marriage last year. Rewriting history again.

I hope Abe's the new mayor. I'd love to see him in that role.

Overall, November doesn't seem that bad. I was expecting it to be worse to tell you the truth. It does have my interest, with the new mayor storyline, Sami's new storyline, Philip/Stephanie and I'm even excited about Brady coming home. I hope SOD has more detailed November sweeps. That's what usually happens. One magazine gives a brief article while the other gives more out, and it's more interesting.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

cjknick
Oct 16 2008, 07:52 AM
Thanks Jonatha ....

Doesn't sound all that exciting to me - at least not for sweeps! What happen to the catastrophic event that was suppose to happen and involving Phillip, Chloe, Lucas, Nicole, Sami and EJ - now minus Morgan?
I'm thinking it was the double pregnancy and nothing else. Lame, I know. But what did you expect? I had to laugh when everyone was expecting this huge explosion. I'm telling you. Corday pumps up nothing. The catastrophic event had to have been the double pregnancy. It is pretty catastrophic, for EJ at least.

phloeishot
Member Avatar

Ok, this all sounds sucky. I hope more detailed spoilers come out soon.

Fuzzy

Thanks for posting. This is sweeps?

I actually like the idea of Philip/Stephanie. It's definately an improvement over Phorgan and Phelanie. But I don't want Philip used as an obstacle for Stax. Been there. Done that. Too many times.

I guess they've decided not to redo Phloe/Broe? Chloe's happy with Lucas? That's news to me. I guess this way Brady doesn't have too much competition.

They really want me to dislike Melanie don't they? Well, I think they've succeeded. Free Nick!

I can't believe they're writing a new romance for Sami. Just because you can't make everyone happy doesn't mean that you should make nobody happy. Can't they at least put Ejami together briefly before introducing yet another third party?

Where is EJ during all of this? Something's obviously missing.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply