Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: November Sweeps
Topic Started: Oct 16 2008, 07:38 AM (7,885 Views)
brownberrya

mesagirl
Oct 19 2008, 05:54 PM
brownberrya
Oct 19 2008, 03:56 PM
Ellie
Oct 19 2008, 03:45 PM
PhoenixRising05
Oct 19 2008, 02:37 PM
I have to laugh about people acting like John's headaches have been dropped. They've only been gone for like a week LOL. He was only on one episode this week so I don't think it can be said the story was dropped yet. If it goes a month or so without mention, then sure you can say that and I believe OBK mentioned in another thread that his headaches are still going on.
Whether or not the story has been dropped as a whole though, I do think it's very poor writing to introduce an important plot point like John's headaches and then not mention it again for weeks or months.
is there a fall out with jay and nadia they were to be at a event and now she is with another actor for that same event.iwonder if jay does not want the chole and philip story so they stop it,on another board they said that nadia said there is no story for phole in the future.so it safe to say that philip puts closure on phole next week. and starts his new love intrest with stephanie
Nadia and Brandon Beemer (ex Shawn, sorry I know he's on another soap now... B&B?) are dating. They are always at these things together ;)
i mean the event nadia and jay have on 26th october the fan event.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

brownberrya

brownberrya
Oct 19 2008, 08:01 PM
mesagirl
brownberrya
Ellie
PhoenixRising05
I have to laugh about people acting like John's headaches have been dropped. They've only been gone for like a week LOL. He was only on one episode this week so I don't think it can be said the story was dropped yet. If it goes a month or so without mention, then sure you can say that and I believe OBK mentioned in another thread that his headaches are still going on.
Whether or not the story has been dropped as a whole though, I do think it's very poor writing to introduce an important plot point like John's headaches and then not mention it again for weeks or months.
is there a fall out with jay and nadia they were to be at a event and now she is with another actor for that same event.iwonder if jay does not want the chole and philip story so they stop it,on another board they said that nadia said there is no story for phole in the future.so it safe to say that philip puts closure on phole next week. and starts his new love intrest with stephanie
Nadia and Brandon Beemer (ex Shawn, sorry I know he's on another soap now... B&B?) are dating. They are always at these things together ;)
just read that chole new pairing is dr dan thats why they are to be at the event at 26th october,instead of nadia and jaythe show has gone mad

Kyrai

Ellie
PhoenixRising05
I couldn't agree more. There's such a thing as momentum. You don't sell a life threatening crisis, then just drop it for a few weeks and get back to it eventually.

hops
Member Avatar

Kyrai
Oct 19 2008, 10:15 PM
Ellie
PhoenixRising05
I couldn't agree more. There's such a thing as momentum. You don't sell a life threatening crisis, then just drop it for a few weeks and get back to it eventually.
Exactly.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kyrai
Oct 19 2008, 10:15 PM
Ellie
PhoenixRising05
It hasn't been a few weeks. It's been one. That is why I don't see it as a big deal. It's not like the Dimera story, which was dropped a month ago.

If it's not mentioned at all in the next two weeks, then it's an issue. Otherwise, I see no issue with it, especially since J&M were featured in an episode last week in which their story loved. We don't need to see John having headaches in every episode. That becomes tedious. In fact, it was becoming tedious. They were laying it on too thick for a bit. Besides, they are likely timing the story to hit certain points at certain times.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Oct 19 2008, 11:11 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I don't know why so many people are shocked that they aren't doing anything for sweeps. Excluding the plane crash the show always excluded from doing major things during sweeps. At least for this century.
Quote Post Goto Top

naley12
Member Avatar

brownberrya
Oct 19 2008, 10:12 PM
brownberrya
Oct 19 2008, 08:01 PM
mesagirl
brownberrya
Ellie
PhoenixRising05
just read that chole new pairing is dr dan thats why they are to be at the event at 26th october,instead of nadia and jaythe show has gone mad
you can say that again but I am still having Hope for MY Phloe

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Yep. I mean, in 2001, they did do the Coronation in February and Salem Bombings in May. Langan was really the last HW who did big stuff on Days for sweeps consistently. Having said that, November 2001 under him was pretty bland. B&C did do good in May 2002 with Bope giving up JT and the end of the baby switch plot. November 2002 also had Hope's kidnapping and February 2003 had alot going on so I guess B&C did an ok job too for sweeps. It's been since then that Days seems to have stopped pulling out all the stops accept for a rare occurrence here or there.

It's usually the month after sweeps where they kick ass. Sometimes you wonder if they even look at a calendar :laugh: .

Deleted User
Deleted User

PhoenixRising05
Oct 20 2008, 12:49 AM
^Yep. I mean, in 2001, they did do the Coronation in February and Salem Bombings in May. Langan was really the last HW who did big stuff on Days for sweeps consistently. Having said that, November 2001 under him was pretty bland. B&C did do good in May 2002 with Bope giving up JT and the end of the baby switch plot. November 2002 also had Hope's kidnapping and February 2003 had alot going on so I guess B&C did an ok job too for sweeps. It's been since then that Days seems to have stopped pulling out all the stops accept for a rare occurrence here or there.

It's usually the month after sweeps where they kick ass. Sometimes you wonder if they even look at a calendar :laugh: .
Yeah usually DAYS is practically crap with a few exceptions most of the year. But for some strange reason December/January always end up being good.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^I think it's because of the holidays. They tend to bring out the good because they figure they can hook some people. Not only that but Days brings out the vets and Days has their traditional Christmas and usually someone either ends up dead or something else big happens on New Year's.

That is something to look forward to for those unhappy right now. December is right around the corner LOL.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

In 2005, they had the 40th anniversary episode, which was right around Thanksgiving, and Shimi's first love scene. (Oh, the dumb things I remember!)

Mason
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Oct 20 2008, 01:14 AM
That is something to look forward to for those unhappy right now.
As much as I would love to believe that, I'm not getting my hopes up, either.

faithloveright
Member Avatar

well, I'm not all that suprised to see that the sweeps spoilers don't SOUND all that interesting..... That doesn't mean that we won't have some good moments though.... all it means is that they don't want to give too much away just yet. Remember, they have been REALLY tight liped about exactly where they are going with EJAMI for a long time.... of course they wouldn't tell you ahead of time if they finally say those long awaited for words to each other.... and if they could be (which they could) hiding that, what else BIG could they be hiding??? I hope that they do put Stephany with Phil.... either her or Nicole.... I have liked Phil and Nicole becoming friends and talking when they do have scenes together. I think it would be funnier then heck for Phil to fall for his ex step mommy. Especially after she had made a point in the middle of her divorce from Victor that she was GOING after Phil next so to get the REST of Victor's money..... what a HUGE payback to Victor for taking away her divorce settlement??? For HIS SON to give her whatever she wants, and make old Vic pay for it??? OMG, I'm already laughing at the idea!!!

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

I don't need necessarily need a huge event to make sweeps worthwhile. However, I do like for something more out of the ordinary than usual to happen, and these spoilers just sound like drivel that could take place any day of the year.

Simmi
Member Avatar

where's the sweeps in all this? i feel like i'm missing out on something. if anyone can clue me in, that'd be great.

Sariah
Member Avatar

I don't know if it's already been mentioned, but in that issue of SOW, every other soap had a half page to an entire page worth of sweeps spoilers with whole (and sometimes detailed) paragraphs. Days had less than a quarter of a page with the few sentences that we got.

It makes me wonder if the show even knows what's going to happen in November.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply