Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thaao posted
Topic Started: Oct 17 2008, 11:46 AM (1,818 Views)
hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

PhoenixRising05
Oct 17 2008, 03:18 PM
Jane, you actually have a point.

I've been thinking...usually when Days does business stories people complain they are bored and since many don't see the Dimera organization as a legitimate business, where do you go with it? It's hard to do a battle for an empire when all the opponents live with each other and I'm sure there would've been a way to do it but I have a feeling it may have ended up not going so well.

I still believe it hasn't been dropped though. I just think they are setting it up to involve Lexie more and I think they want it to be more about EJ and/or Tony vs Stefano without John tossed in there. That's fine. I mean, John has enough money anyway. If it's been dropped, I will be sure to eat crow but I think it's just on hold until they can get to a point where other stories can intersect with it.

One thing that bothers me. What did Thaoo mean by a producer saying "Its not always about talent." That makes me think there may be some disagreement over vision yet again. I hope not. Things seem in sync right now and while I do wish characters like Tony, Anna, Steve, Kayla, etc were getting more story and airtime, this show can't afford more backstage shit. It really can't. That is why things keep getting dropped all the time. There is never no stabilization. It's like things start up, lose direction, get dropped, start again, writer is fired, regime change, and the cycle starts over. I would just like to see one year without any backstage bullshit and with a stable cast, crew, and regime in place. If it doesn't work, fine but at least the show will have tried to let the vision permeate onscreen.

I do feel awful for Thaoo. He should be on more. The man was nominated for an Emmy but I do think that is the only reason he is still here. Tony and Anna were all but written out in May. They got married offscreen...you could tell they were done. Corday just couldn't let him go after he got nominated. I mean, he had let the talented Martha Madison go and Judi Evans had been let go too and she was up for an Emmy as well. He couldn't justify it so he kept him and Anna but I think it's clear he would've been gone by now if not for that.
I think Thaao means about it not always being about talent is that the less talented actors get a storyline, and the talented actors don't. I think that the show thinks that if they sprinkled the vets in once in awhile, that that is enough to keep the fans happy. It's not.

I don't think Thaao would have re-signed if he knew they weren't going to use him again. He's got other things to do. He's writing a book, he's creating his own travel show, he has screenplays to develop, he doesn't need to be backburned on DOOL for two years.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Mason
Oct 17 2008, 03:28 PM
jane1978
Oct 17 2008, 03:09 PM
I agree it looks like the story was dropped and will not return back. But is it really a bad decision?

Yes. For many people, like myself, that was the only story that seemed to show any kind of potential. So, of course, of all storylines, that's the one that gets dropped.
IA The DiMera storyline was the only interesting one. I don't think there are too many ppl loving the Trent murder mystery. No one cares that he's dead, a Brady probably didn't do it, so what's the point?

I have to disagree about the poster who didn't like business storylines. I do love the business storylines on B&B. I wish they would go back to that instead of Nick and whomever Logan woman he's fucking at the time.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

PhoenixRising05
Oct 17 2008, 04:26 PM
You have a point, Drew. The story won't be the same so the story that was planned has been dropped. I will concede that and simply say we still may get a battle over the Dimera empire. I mean, John has already been taken out of play so we know it will be different.

Sindacco, when Higley was writing in 2003 a big deal was made out of Corday saying Stefano was not needed. He started that shit in 2002 when tony returned, saying they would explain the origins behind the Brady/Dimera feud through Tony. I honestly think Corday doesn't like the character of Stefano anymore. I think he feels the show is beyond him now and he wants to move away from him. He made his feelings known then. Joe is said to be a bit of a diva so maybe that plays into it. Not sure.

Higley seems to like writing for bad guys/crime bosses so I feel she has no problem with Stefano. I can't be sure if she necessarily wanted to write for him right now but I think she has no trouble with it. I also wouldn't say we are seeing Stefano less. He was on three times this week, twice I believe last week, and quite a bit in September and a ton in August so he's being used. Its just that he doesn't have one clearly-defined story right now with the battle for the empire not being played.
I think Corday can't stand Joe M and Stefano. I think that's why Joe disappears so much. He only brings him back when he needs to "save" the show for the millionth time.

Well, I do know how the DiMera feud storyline outline was supposed to go. So if they do bring it back, I'll know if it's new or not. And I'll let yinz guys know. :rockon:

Jonatha

hoochielicious
Oct 17 2008, 05:40 PM
I think Corday can't stand Joe M and Stefano. I think that's why Joe disappears so much. He only brings him back when he needs to "save" the show for the millionth time.

Well, I do know how the DiMera feud storyline outline was supposed to go. So if they do bring it back, I'll know if it's new or not. And I'll let yinz guys know. :rockon:

I wonder about Brady coming back and if he knows he is half DiMera. I would hope there would be some DiMera story with Stefano and his new nephew. But who knows if they'll even go there. :shrug:

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Jonatha
Oct 17 2008, 05:56 PM
hoochielicious

I wonder about Brady coming back and if he knows he is half DiMera. I would hope there would be some DiMera story with Stefano and his new nephew. But who knows if they'll even go there. :shrug:
I doubt they'll go there.

I'm sure it'll be about Brady/Chloe/Philip with a little of the John/Brady father and son relationship. John wasn't interested in his daughter, maybe he'll take an interest in Brady.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

They WERE hinting at another pawn, and at one time (around the time John was killed or before), there were suggestions that the pawn was Brady, since he didn't come back with Chloe. Maybe someone ran with that idea this time.

berlingirl
Member Avatar

Thanks for sharing. I am mad that they haven't done much with Tony/Anna. I loved watching there scenes from back in the day.I loved the snarky, witty banter. :rockon: I was hoping to see more of it. But they married them off screne :soapbox: and they have been mia a lot since then. I was hoping to see a good power struggle among the Dimeria men. They all have charm and charisma. :wub2: Right now it is beeing wasted. As for bringing back the character of Stefano that was just a bunch of crap. I feel he was brought back to help bring up the ratings. I still don't understand what the hell was all that purple gas about? :shrug: I wanted to see him up to his old scehming ways. :tounge: But no they have him acting like a caring and dotting granddad. :sleep: :frustration:

Nicole Walker

I am so pissed about Tony and Stefano. Now all Stefano do is sit around the mansion goggling over babies. Tony is no where to be seen. WTF is going on. I looked forward to John vs Stefano and that's dropped. This show is messed up. They need to do something catastrophic something that will have an impact on Salem. I mean can't they come up with something creative.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Oct 17 2008, 11:18 PM.

hops
Member Avatar

Mason
jane1978
I agree it looks like the story was dropped and will not return back. But is it really a bad decision?

Yes. For many people, like myself, that was the only story that seemed to show any kind of potential. So, of course, of all storylines, that's the one that gets dropped.
That was the only story I was interested in. Of course I wanted John and Marlena involved. Stefano getting (or trying to) get revenge on Marlena, maybe J&M having to join forces and along the way really falling for each other or Marlena having to show more of her "I'd do anything for the people I love" side. EJ/Tony against Stefano and playing double agents with John to get him too and Stefano against them all. And not about boardrooms, but get them out of the mansion a little action (not all action, just enough to set some conflict up). And it wasn't never about the money it was Stefano's need to control lives, that is what the real power struggle was about.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

hoochielicious
Oct 17 2008, 05:33 PM
PhoenixRising05

I've been thinking...usually when Days does business stories people complain they are bored and since many don't see the Dimera organization as a legitimate business, where do you go with it? It's hard to do a battle for an empire when all the opponents live with each other and I'm sure there would've been a way to do it but I have a feeling it may have ended up not going so well.

I still believe it hasn't been dropped though. I just think they are setting it up to involve Lexie more and I think they want it to be more about EJ and/or Tony vs Stefano without John tossed in there. That's fine. I mean, John has enough money anyway. If it's been dropped, I will be sure to eat crow but I think it's just on hold until they can get to a point where other stories can intersect with it.

One thing that bothers me. What did Thaoo mean by a producer saying "Its not always about talent." That makes me think there may be some disagreement over vision yet again. I hope not. Things seem in sync right now and while I do wish characters like Tony, Anna, Steve, Kayla, etc were getting more story and airtime, this show can't afford more backstage shit. It really can't. That is why things keep getting dropped all the time. There is never no stabilization. It's like things start up, lose direction, get dropped, start again, writer is fired, regime change, and the cycle starts over. I would just like to see one year without any backstage bullshit and with a stable cast, crew, and regime in place. If it doesn't work, fine but at least the show will have tried to let the vision permeate onscreen.

I do feel awful for Thaoo. He should be on more. The man was nominated for an Emmy but I do think that is the only reason he is still here. Tony and Anna were all but written out in May. They got married offscreen...you could tell they were done. Corday just couldn't let him go after he got nominated. I mean, he had let the talented Martha Madison go and Judi Evans had been let go too and she was up for an Emmy as well. He couldn't justify it so he kept him and Anna but I think it's clear he would've been gone by now if not for that.
I think Thaao means about it not always being about talent is that the less talented actors get a storyline, and the talented actors don't. I think that the show thinks that if they sprinkled the vets in once in awhile, that that is enough to keep the fans happy. It's not.

I don't think Thaao would have re-signed if he knew they weren't going to use him again. He's got other things to do. He's writing a book, he's creating his own travel show, he has screenplays to develop, he doesn't need to be backburned on DOOL for two years.
Thaoo quoted a producer as saying that. If Thaoo had said that, I would be pissed because I don't like throwing castmates under the bus like that. Nevertheless, Thaoo claimed a producer said it so it's a moot point but I also wouldn't say the people getting screentime right now are untalented. They are very talented but Thaoo does deserve more screentime and so does Stephen, Mary Beth, and LeAnn.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

hoochielicious
PhoenixRising05
You have a point, Drew. The story won't be the same so the story that was planned has been dropped. I will concede that and simply say we still may get a battle over the Dimera empire. I mean, John has already been taken out of play so we know it will be different.

Sindacco, when Higley was writing in 2003 a big deal was made out of Corday saying Stefano was not needed. He started that shit in 2002 when tony returned, saying they would explain the origins behind the Brady/Dimera feud through Tony. I honestly think Corday doesn't like the character of Stefano anymore. I think he feels the show is beyond him now and he wants to move away from him. He made his feelings known then. Joe is said to be a bit of a diva so maybe that plays into it. Not sure.

Higley seems to like writing for bad guys/crime bosses so I feel she has no problem with Stefano. I can't be sure if she necessarily wanted to write for him right now but I think she has no trouble with it. I also wouldn't say we are seeing Stefano less. He was on three times this week, twice I believe last week, and quite a bit in September and a ton in August so he's being used. Its just that he doesn't have one clearly-defined story right now with the battle for the empire not being played.

I don't think Corday hates Joe. I think he was hoping to be through with Stefano yet he keeps going back to him because he feels he has to. It's a quick fix. Quick fizes is why soaps are in trouble in the first place but I digress. I do think Corday and Joe have their moments but Joe is said to be kind of a diva so that is expected. I don't think Tomlin put the kibosh on the Dimera story. That kind of story was something I think Tomlin would be behind. More then likely it got lost in the shuffle like past stories or Corday himself ended it. With Ali pushing for the pregnancy and all, it seems the Sami/Lucas/Chloe/Nicole/EJ stuff has taken center stage from the Dimera story. They clearly wanted to develop that story and the Trent stuff so other stories were pushed out of the spotlight.

I would love to know how the Dimera feud was supposed to play out. As Drew said, I doubt if they bring it back it will be the same as John is already out of the running so it will definitely be different.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

ladyofthelake
Oct 17 2008, 09:44 PM
They WERE hinting at another pawn, and at one time (around the time John was killed or before), there were suggestions that the pawn was Brady, since he didn't come back with Chloe. Maybe someone ran with that idea this time.
Yep. Stefano and Rolf did hint in September that maybe getting a new Pawn would be a good idea so maybe Brady will be their target.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

ladyofthelake
Oct 17 2008, 09:44 PM
I forgot all about that. Good point. :wave:

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

hops
Oct 17 2008, 11:18 PM
Mason
jane1978

That was the only story I was interested in. Of course I wanted John and Marlena involved. Stefano getting (or trying to) get revenge on Marlena, maybe J&M having to join forces and along the way really falling for each other or Marlena having to show more of her "I'd do anything for the people I love" side. EJ/Tony against Stefano and playing double agents with John to get him too and Stefano against them all. And not about boardrooms, but get them out of the mansion a little action (not all action, just enough to set some conflict up). And it wasn't never about the money it was Stefano's need to control lives, that is what the real power struggle was about.

Wouldn't it be interesting to see Stefano broke? That would be an odd twist.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

PhoenixRising05
Oct 18 2008, 12:54 AM
hoochielicious
Oct 17 2008, 05:33 PM
PhoenixRising05

Thaoo quoted a producer as saying that. If Thaoo had said that, I would be pissed because I don't like throwing castmates under the bus like that. Nevertheless, Thaoo claimed a producer said it so it's a moot point but I also wouldn't say the people getting screentime right now are untalented. They are very talented but Thaoo does deserve more screentime and so does Stephen, Mary Beth, and LeAnn.

Most of the actors now getting screen time have are young with very little experience. It doesn't make sense to backburn your lead actor nominee for an actress who is on her first tv show, Molly Burnett. I'm using her as an example, not dissing her talent.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

PhoenixRising05
Oct 18 2008, 01:00 AM
hoochielicious
PhoenixRising05

I don't think Corday hates Joe. I think he was hoping to be through with Stefano yet he keeps going back to him because he feels he has to. It's a quick fix. Quick fizes is why soaps are in trouble in the first place but I digress. I do think Corday and Joe have their moments but Joe is said to be kind of a diva so that is expected. I don't think Tomlin put the kibosh on the Dimera story. That kind of story was something I think Tomlin would be behind. More then likely it got lost in the shuffle like past stories or Corday himself ended it. With Ali pushing for the pregnancy and all, it seems the Sami/Lucas/Chloe/Nicole/EJ stuff has taken center stage from the Dimera story. They clearly wanted to develop that story and the Trent stuff so other stories were pushed out of the spotlight.

I would love to know how the Dimera feud was supposed to play out. As Drew said, I doubt if they bring it back it will be the same as John is already out of the running so it will definitely be different.
There are 3 stages for the feud. The final stage was the shocking one, imho. They started the first stage which was EJony v John. Then they dropped it.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Could you tell us what the two other stages were?

peaches179

Mason
Oct 17 2008, 01:52 PM
"Its been a disappointing year in our storyline."

You can say that again, Thaao!

ICAM!

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

I think Thaao is one of DAYS best actors, its too bad he is rarely used. Joe/Thaao/James, three great actors and it sucks at least for now the Dimera SL seems to have been dropped.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

hoochielicious
Oct 18 2008, 10:20 AM
PhoenixRising05
Oct 18 2008, 01:00 AM
hoochielicious
PhoenixRising05

There are 3 stages for the feud. The final stage was the shocking one, imho. They started the first stage which was EJony v John. Then they dropped it.
Stop teasing us :laugh: .

Now I want to know, damnit :laugh: .

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply