Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of Oct. 20th
Topic Started: Oct 19 2008, 03:23 PM (6,833 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Amello
Oct 25 2008, 10:17 PM
Mason
Amello
Oct 25 2008, 10:16 PM
I really enjoyed Phillip in this episode as well. A character written with brains ... what a concept.
Wonder who will have the one brain in Salem next week?
We should make it a contest!
I hate that everyone's brains in Salem have been lumped into one again, and it's getting passed around each week...... :shame:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nicole Walker

I hate what they've done to Kate and Chelsea for Daniel. He is not all of that.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Nicole Dimera
Oct 26 2008, 12:01 AM
How they made a character like Kate boring is a whole new level of hack.
Quote Post Goto Top

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
I agree, and it's a shame because Chelsea used to be one of my favorite characters. I do still like Kate but with Daniel she bores me into a stupor.

Deleted User
Deleted User

DolceDiMera
Oct 26 2008, 12:37 AM
Nicole Dimera
I agree, and it's a shame because Chelsea used to be one of my favorite characters. I do still like Kate but with Daniel she bores me into a stupor.
Don't you miss smart ass snarky bitch Chelsea. :wub: I know I do.
Quote Post Goto Top

koos

Amello
Oct 26 2008, 12:05 AM
Nicole Dimera
How they made a character like Kate boring is a whole new level of hack.
Kate's been boring since like 1998.

I didn't read the whole thread, but was I the only one who thought the constant yo-yoing between Salem and the Horton Cabin was completely absurd, hilarious, and awful? Everyone just pouring in and out of it, leaving and returning in minutes. The ferry man must've been exhausted! ;]

Ellie

koos
Oct 26 2008, 03:26 AM
I didn't read the whole thread, but was I the only one who thought the constant yo-yoing between Salem and the Horton Cabin was completely absurd, hilarious, and awful? Everyone just pouring in and out of it, leaving and returning in minutes. The ferry man must've been exhausted! ;]
I watched Friday's show tonight, and I was wondering the exact same thing! Marlena sounded like she was going to hop in the car and get to the hospital in minutes. She even said "I'll be right there" into the phone. Maybe the new writers don't know where the Horton cabin is??
Edited by Ellie, Oct 26 2008, 03:53 AM.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

jane1978
Oct 19 2008, 03:44 PM
Sindacco
Oct 19 2008, 03:23 PM
Can't say anything about the scenes with Melanie, Max, Stephanie, Bo and Hope since I FF through all of it.

You should watch. Melanie is just so perfect conniving little b*tch. She is a real new Sami in the making and her scenes with Bope tomorrow are delightfull to watch.
Nice to be at a board where *Melanie* can be appreciated or hated just because she isn't related to any of the core families. :wave: :rockon:
Edited by SpriteEyes, Oct 26 2008, 07:37 AM.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

I disagree on Kate being boring. I've wanted for her to be given her own storyline. Is it perfect? Heh, no. I really do wish they had gone with Date first (so many reasons) but I like how LK and SC have played off each other and though it does seem like Dan has a dying fetish I'm interested to see where they go with it.

What I find boring is how often we are subjected to Chelsea going off on them.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Tripp
Oct 26 2008, 08:31 AM
I disagree on Kate being boring. I've wanted for her to be given her own storyline. Is it perfect? Heh, no. I really do wish they had gone with Date first (so many reasons) but I like how LK and SC have played off each other and though it does seem like Dan has a dying fetish I'm interested to see where they go with it.

How I wish Kate would get really bitchy, turn to Chelsea and just tell her to get over it, or don't but shut the hell up.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Amello
Oct 26 2008, 12:45 AM
DolceDiMera
Nicole Dimera
Nope, I prefer Melanie.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Philip is once again my hero! Loved him! Melanie, not so much. I think it's the voice. She makes Chelsea sound sultry. But, once Nicole gets looked at for Trent's murder, what's there for Melanie? OH, yeah, the new love interest supposedly coming on. I don't know.......I did like her at first, but she's wearing on me faster than Sami did. Maybe I'm just getting tired of the younger scene, after all...........
Philip and Melanie..........ah, no thanks. It's asinine to assume that a 30 year old corporate mogul can only settle for teens and college students lately. It's almost turning me into a Phloe fan merely for logic's sake. (Note I said ALMOST. We need Belle back!! See us here, PTB!!! I know you're reading this!!!!!)

Days4Life

Mason
Amello
Oct 25 2008, 10:16 PM
I really enjoyed Phillip in this episode as well. A character written with brains ... what a concept.
Wonder who will have the one brain in Salem next week?
Baby Johnny. He's the only one who can figure out a baby is hiding under that tent Sami's wearing.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Baby Johnny will be Professor DiMera at Salem University by the time he's 20.

Mason
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Oct 26 2008, 08:34 PM
Baby Johnny will be Professor DiMera at Salem University by the time he's 20.
At this rate, it'll probably be more like 13.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Amello
Oct 26 2008, 12:45 AM
DolceDiMera
Nicole Dimera
I do too :frown:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Tripp

I agree. The story isn't perfect but Kate is being written very much in character and how refreshing that her sole purpose is no longer to meddle in her children's lives. It's about time she got a life!! Chelsea going off on them is the only repetitive and annoying thing going on right now IMO.

What Higley did to her in 2003 was a hack job. She totally made the character what Hogan made Sami. It was horrible. My only wish is that Kate was back in the corporate world. She has a company but Hearth and Home?! That's lame. Why not send her back to Titan or have her start a fashion company with Anna or something? Kate needs to get her style and her corporate edge back IMO.

One thing I want to mention too...some friends and I were watching the marathon on Soapnet and we were talking about Sami and no one noticing her weight outside of Chloe and Lucas. Three of my friends were woman, one of which was my mom LOL and they all three agreed that everyone is probably thinking it but it's not polite to mention a woman's weight like that, especially if she is putting on weight and has had kids. Seeing as how Days' HW is a woman, perhaps that is the reason. I can see it. Not excusing it as it was an issue for me too but I can see why that would be the case. I mean, Marlena and EJ both have been suspicious but stopped short of mentioning her weight. It's not like their dumb.

Also, I went back a bit and the episode before Sami learned she was pregnant, which was the episode where EJ helped Sami with her resume, Sami mentioned how she had not been exercising as much and eating as healthy so maybe EJ figures that is why she gained weight.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Oct 27 2008, 02:04 AM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

PhoenixRising05
Oct 27 2008, 02:03 AM
Tripp

I agree. The story isn't perfect but Kate is being written very much in character and how refreshing that her sole purpose is no longer to meddle in her children's lives. It's about time she got a life!! Chelsea going off on them is the only repetitive and annoying thing going on right now IMO.

What Higley did to her in 2003 was a hack job. She totally made the character what Hogan made Sami. It was horrible. My only wish is that Kate was back in the corporate world. She has a company but Hearth and Home?! That's lame. Why not send her back to Titan or have her start a fashion company with Anna or something? Kate needs to get her style and her corporate edge back IMO.

One thing I want to mention too...some friends and I were watching the marathon on Soapnet and we were talking about Sami and no one noticing her weight outside of Chloe and Lucas. Three of my friends were woman, one of which was my mom LOL and they all three agreed that everyone is probably thinking it but it's not polite to mention a woman's weight like that, especially if she is putting on weight and has had kids. Seeing as how Days' HW is a woman, perhaps that is the reason. I can see it. Not excusing it as it was an issue for me too but I can see why that would be the case. I mean, Marlena and EJ both have been suspicious but stopped short of mentioning her weight. It's not like their dumb.

Also, I went back a bit and the episode before Sami learned she was pregnant, which was the episode where EJ helped Sami with her resume, Sami mentioned how she had not been exercising as much and eating as healthy so maybe EJ figures that is why she gained weight.
First, with the whole Sami being pregnant and no one noticing thing. I don't really mind it too much, especially since Sami has fluctuated in weight before. Plus, its a good point that she did just have twins and it is normal for some women, especially one who had weight issues before, to not be able to get back to their more slender figure.

Now as to Kate. I am thankful she isn't meddling and does have a life of her own. However, Kate Roberts would never call any thing Hearth and Home! She doesn't and never would give two shits about housewives. So that's completely out of character. Now that she's in good graces with Victor there is no reason she shouldn't be working at Titan. Have Anna work at Tony's company and voila ... a rivalry. And it would be great if just to piss her off Kate tried to seduce Tony and maybe ends up falling for him for real?

Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I agree, Amello.

That brings up another point...get Tony and Anna out of that damn advertising company. That isn't them. Put them back in fashion or something like that. Hell, Tony used to own stock in Titan. Use that history and have Anna start her fashion company again and we can have something exactly like you suggested.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

But wasn't that Andre? That own stock in Titan.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply