Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of Oct. 20th
Topic Started: Oct 19 2008, 03:23 PM (6,788 Views)
Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

I would be more than thrilled to have a job like KA and PR, just saying. PR and KA have been leads for years and years, so them not having much right now might actually be a good thing.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Kenny
Oct 20 2008, 12:09 AM
OMG Phoenix.

Your ability to look at everything in such a positive light when it comes to Days just amazes me. I seriously believe that if Ken Corday were shit on a plate and force us to watch it steam for an hour, you'd find something good to say about it, LoL.
As in well at least we can't literally smell his shit....

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
OMG Phoenix.

Your ability to look at everything in such a positive light when it comes to Days just amazes me. I seriously believe that if Ken Corday were shit on a plate and force us to watch it steam for an hour, you'd find something good to say about it, LoL.
:laugh:

I wouldn't go that far. It's just the way I am. I will admit I'm harder on other shows but watching Days for over two decades and it being basically the only show that strikes an emotional chord with me...I don't know. I just tend to always lean toward the positive about everything. Even when I bash something it usually comes with a positive for Days LOL.

I honestly don't mean to come off as overbearing. I really don't. I liken the way I feel and respond to the way things were before message boards, spoilers, etc. Back then, while the quality was better, things weren't picked apart like they are now. It was easier to get lost in the show. If things were the way they are now, people would've been picking apart everything in the 90's. I mean, as good as it was, I look back now and find myself seeing ALOT wrong but at the time, I didn't see shit LOL. Somehow, despite posting on the boards and reading them and reading spoilers, I'm able to just watch and not let certain things bother me. I just keep an open mind and the way I respond on the boards is basically what I think to myself or what I say to someone watching with me. It's just the way I am when it comes to Days. I don't blame anyone for their reactions. I recognize the show has burned bridges with many fans and I recognize not everyone will always like what they see. It's ok. I recognize I'm the weirdo that seems to like everything Days tosses :laugh: .

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kirk
Oct 20 2008, 12:11 AM
I would be more than thrilled to have a job like KA and PR, just saying. PR and KA have been leads for years and years, so them not having much right now might actually be a good thing.
Exactly.

PR and KA have it good. They never really go a long time without at least being onscreen. Every writer uses them in some capacity. Sure, they deserve more but some don't even get that.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kirk
Oct 20 2008, 12:12 AM
Kenny
OMG Phoenix.

As in well at least we can't literally smell his shit....
Nah. I can do better then that :laugh: .

Deleted User
Deleted User

PhoenixRising05
Oct 19 2008, 11:58 PM
Amello
Oct 19 2008, 11:23 PM
PhoenixRising05
Oct 19 2008, 11:08 PM
^I doubt it, Amello but I can see why you would read it that way.

Peter and Kristian aren't like that. I've seen them act that way in scenes with other actors before when they are in cop mode. I saw nothing out of the ordinary in the scenes but, then again, I don't believe in the notion of propping. Never have, never will LOL. It's something I've never really bought into so maybe it's just me.

I actually felt Peter and Kristian commanded those scenes and played well off of Molly Burnett.
Nah, they looked bored as shit. LOL
Well, if they were, it worked for the scene, at least for me :laugh: .

I just don't see Peter and Kristian as the types to let that kind of sentiment show. Not when they've been handed worse material in their careers.

I know procedural stuff like that is thought of as bland but it's realistic and necessary for the story so there is no getting around it, really.
Everything works for you.

I thought that scene was terribly written. Molly trying to manipulate them was laughable. Maybe it was her acting as well. Before she even at down Bo and Hope knew she was spewing BS.

As to Peter and Kristian not being that type. That's clearly not the case since they just did in Monday's episode.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Amello, I hope your not upset with me. I just saw the scene differently and I just want to make sure we're good. I meant no disrespect. I just saw it differently and I should've left it alone after responding once. I'm just feeling chatty tonight LOL.

But, seriously, I didn't mean to be a nag. I just felt the need to say this because I got that vibe like I was pestering you LOL.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Oct 20 2008, 12:33 AM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

PhoenixRising05
Oct 20 2008, 12:32 AM
Amello, I hope your not upset with me. I just saw the scene differently and I just want to make sure we're good. I meant no disrespect. I just saw it differently and I should've left it alone after responding once. I'm just feeling chatty tonight LOL.

But, seriously, I didn't mean to be a nag. I just felt the need to say that because I got that vibe like I was pestering you LOL.
What? Nah, not upset at all. I just tend to be blunt when voicing my opinions.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Amello
Oct 20 2008, 12:33 AM
PhoenixRising05

But, seriously, I didn't mean to be a nag. I just felt the need to say that because I got that vibe like I was pestering you LOL.
Ok, good. I just wanted to make sure because I know my positivity and the way I post can upset people at times.

Deleted User
Deleted User

PhoenixRising05
Oct 20 2008, 12:34 AM
Amello
Oct 20 2008, 12:33 AM
PhoenixRising05

Ok, good. I just wanted to make sure because I know my positivity and the way I post can upset people at times.

If it ever came to that, I'd take it to PM. I'd like to think I'm not that immature.

But back on topic I really hope the next episode is better because everything was off on Monday's show. Which sucks because I really liked Thursday's and Friday's was alright as well.
Quote Post Goto Top

jane1978

Amello
Oct 19 2008, 10:35 PM
PhoenixRising05
Oct 19 2008, 09:55 PM
Amello
Oct 19 2008, 09:39 PM
hops
Oct 19 2008, 09:13 PM
peaches179
Oct 19 2008, 08:25 PM
Sindacco
Oct 19 2008, 03:58 PM
I'm just not in to that story and I don't find any of the characters interesting.

Me either.
add me to the list....
Monday's episode proves Peter and Kristian feel the exact same way.
What makes you think that?

I watched the scenes and they seemed fine. Kristian was doing her usual eyebrow at times. They were acting suspicious, which was what they were supposed to be doing in the scenes.

I'm with Jane and Tripp. I enjoyed the scenes and LOVE Melanie. She's even made Stax interesting. I'm enjoying the Trent story.
Nope the scenes definitely didn't come off that way. First they looked like they were practically near death thanks to the make-up and with every word Melanie spoke you could tell they were pissed off they were merely props.
Donīt agree at all. I think they were honestly amused and I loved the scene. It was sort of a continuation of the interrogation scene from cop shop when Melanie pulled something like this on Bo for a first time.

As for Mel being obvious from beginning, that was the point. It would be sad and stupid if 17 years old girl was able to outsmart Salem finest cops.

Deleted User
Deleted User

jane1978
Oct 20 2008, 12:44 AM
Amello
Oct 19 2008, 10:35 PM
PhoenixRising05
Oct 19 2008, 09:55 PM
Amello
Oct 19 2008, 09:39 PM
hops
Oct 19 2008, 09:13 PM
peaches179
Oct 19 2008, 08:25 PM
Sindacco
Oct 19 2008, 03:58 PM
I'm just not in to that story and I don't find any of the characters interesting.

Me either.
add me to the list....
Monday's episode proves Peter and Kristian feel the exact same way.
What makes you think that?

I watched the scenes and they seemed fine. Kristian was doing her usual eyebrow at times. They were acting suspicious, which was what they were supposed to be doing in the scenes.

I'm with Jane and Tripp. I enjoyed the scenes and LOVE Melanie. She's even made Stax interesting. I'm enjoying the Trent story.
Nope the scenes definitely didn't come off that way. First they looked like they were practically near death thanks to the make-up and with every word Melanie spoke you could tell they were pissed off they were merely props.
Donīt agree at all. I think they were honestly amused and I loved the scene. It was sort of a continuation of the interrogation scene from cop shop when Melanie pulled something like this on Bo for a first time.

As for Mel being obvious from beginning, that was the point. It would be sad and stupid if 17 years old girl was able to outsmart Salem finest cops.

Sorry but the perception you have is 100% lost on me.
Quote Post Goto Top

cjknick
Member Avatar

I am having a hard time getting into any of the current storylines. Days needs to notch it up a bit. (2) murders of characters nobody cared about kind of gets the big yawn from me. EJ and Nicole have sex on the couch was even a big yawn for me too. Where is the romance and the adventure? Where are the interesting plot twist that keep you guessing? Who are the bad guys and who are the good guys they are kind of blurred right now. Bring back Andre stat!

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I would love to see Andre back.

Kyrai

Amello
Oct 20 2008, 12:21 AM
I thought that scene was terribly written. Molly trying to manipulate them was laughable. Maybe it was her acting as well. Before she even at down Bo and Hope knew she was spewing BS.

As to Peter and Kristian not being that type. That's clearly not the case since they just did in Monday's episode.
I felt the same way Amello.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Amello
PhoenixRising05

Peter and Kristian aren't like that. I've seen them act that way in scenes with other actors before when they are in cop mode. I saw nothing out of the ordinary in the scenes but, then again, I don't believe in the notion of propping. Never have, never will LOL. It's something I've never really bought into so maybe it's just me.

I actually felt Peter and Kristian commanded those scenes and played well off of Molly Burnett.
I have to disagree and here comes my opinion. I'd be angry if they were phoning them in just because they don't like the scene. Sorry, I don't care if an actor is a veteran for 25 years or a newbie with 25 minutes of experiences. You do your job like the rest of us in the real world. I'm not saying an actor can't have a bad day and the performance isn't as riveting as usual or the BTS turmoil takes it's toll and human nature kicks in and actors can only stand so much before it starts to bleed into their performance. But to outright insist they are bored with the material and they are choosing to hold back on purpose is something I think is a firing offense for any actor, veteran or not.

So that said, I didn't see KA or PR holding back at all, and again, I enjoyed myself through the scenes. To me they were their typical, lovable selves.
Edited by Tripp, Oct 20 2008, 08:32 AM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Tripp
Oct 20 2008, 08:31 AM
Amello
PhoenixRising05

I have to disagree and here comes my opinion. I'd be angry if they were phoning them in just because they don't like the scene. Sorry, I don't care if an actor is a veteran for 25 years or a newbie with 25 minutes of experiences. You do your job like the rest of us in the real world. I'm not saying an actor can't have a bad day and the performance isn't as riveting as usual or the BTS turmoil takes it's toll and human nature kicks in and actors can only stand so much before it starts to bleed into their performance. But to outright insist they are bored with the material and they are choosing to hold back on purpose is something I think is a firing offense for any actor, veteran or not.

So that said, I didn't see KA or PR holding back at all, and again, I enjoyed myself through the scenes. To me they were their typical, lovable selves.
Well that's the thing. I don't blame the actors. It's 100% the writing. It easy to see they seemed pissed off to know they've been relegated to mere supporting players. And like I've said before everything about Monday's episode was atrocious stupid or idiotic.
Quote Post Goto Top

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Amello
Oct 20 2008, 08:54 AM
Tripp
Amello
PhoenixRising05

Well that's the thing. I don't blame the actors. It's 100% the writing. It easy to see they seemed pissed off to know they've been relegated to mere supporting players. And like I've said before everything about Monday's episode was atrocious stupid or idiotic.
Some of the writing is bad, I admit, but this isn't the first time KA and PR had to work with bad writing and some of the crap I've seen for their scenes (not their acting, just the bad bad writing) since I returned in 2006 hasn't been phoned in. Not sure what makes Monday so bad given we've watched horrific stuff in the past involving Bo and Hope, it's just they are playing the supporting, which has to happen from time to time.

If an actor takes issue with his or her script, I have no problem with that. But you try to talk to the writers/producers with your problem. I don't think he or she has the right to shrug through the scene. I think KA and PR are too professional for that, and again, given some of the horrific crap that has been written for Bo and Hope to do in the past, not sure why them investigating a murder with Melanie as a suspect would be deemed unworthy for them to portray. YMMV.

LorrieOw
Member Avatar

I enjoyed MOnday's episode, and I really liked how Melanie is so self centered and manipulative, and is willing to throw anyone under the bus. I thought the scenes of her with Bo and Hope were good, and you could see they thought she was full of crap, and knew exactly what she was trying to; throwin suspicion on someone ther than herself.

The only problem I have is how Nicole is trying so hard to use her pregnancy to hold onto EJ. This came accross to me as somewhat pathetic.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Tripp
Oct 20 2008, 09:03 AM
Amello
Oct 20 2008, 08:54 AM
Tripp
Amello
PhoenixRising05

Some of the writing is bad, I admit, but this isn't the first time KA and PR had to work with bad writing and some of the crap I've seen for their scenes (not their acting, just the bad bad writing) since I returned in 2006 hasn't been phoned in. Not sure what makes Monday so bad given we've watched horrific stuff in the past involving Bo and Hope, it's just they are playing the supporting, which has to happen from time to time.

If an actor takes issue with his or her script, I have no problem with that. But you try to talk to the writers/producers with your problem. I don't think he or she has the right to shrug through the scene. I think KA and PR are too professional for that, and again, given some of the horrific crap that has been written for Bo and Hope to do in the past, not sure why them investigating a murder with Melanie as a suspect would be deemed unworthy for them to portray. YMMV.
First, what does YMMV stand for? lol

Second, I never said they were unworthy of the material. I am just saying that in their scenes they looked bored as shit. You could tell they longed for something to actually DO. Now do I have nay fact that that's how they were feeling? NO. But that's how I interpreted their acting or lack of it.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply