Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of Oct. 20th
Topic Started: Oct 19 2008, 03:23 PM (6,601 Views)
Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Amello
Oct 20 2008, 09:58 AM
First, what does YMMV stand for? lol

Second, I never said they were unworthy of the material. I am just saying that in their scenes they looked bored as shit. You could tell they longed for something to actually DO. Now do I have nay fact that that's how they were feeling? NO. But that's how I interpreted their acting or lack of it.
YMMV stands for Your Mileage May Vary. It basically means your opinion is different than mine.

I just think it's not a GOOD thing for PR and KA looking "bored" (though I disagree since I liked the way they played it). Of course you're not saying it's a good thing either, but the difference is (I think) you're stating they look "bored" reflects badly on the writing while if they were looking "bored" to me (again, they didn't, I'm just saying hypothetically) it reflects badly on them as actors. That's all.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

First off I want to say, Phoenix, I LOVE your eternal optimisim!! :smooch: I think in this day and time, it is needed. And, I also think your right about how things have changed. If we had the internet back in the 90's we probably would have torn the J&M affair storyline to shreds. (which by the way is one of my all time fav's) Truth be told I'm sure there were things about that storyline that weren't that good, but that's the advantage of looking back, its always 20/20 and I'll always fondly remember that time. I may not always be as optimistic as you Phoenix, but I sure do appreciate having your viewpoint. Often, after reading your opinion, I'll re-think things and they might not seem as bad as originally thought.

Now, as far as Monday's epi goes......not bad. I'm still having issues with EJ right now though. I truly LOVE his character, when he's in character. I'm just not seeing it right now. They are seriously dumbing him down to fit into this story. Nicole is coming off quite pathetic if you ask me.....but I've read the prevuze for tommorrow and maybe, just maybe I"m seeing shades of the old Nicole.

I did find myself liking Melanie today. She's a very good actress. I also think TPTB will make a mistake if they don't make her Nicole's daughter. She so reminds me of Nicole.....how she used to be. If they could get Nicole back to the selfish, manipulative bitch she used to be I'll like her again!! :D

As far as KA & PR and their acting today. I didn't see it as phoning it in. Their just playing the supporting role right now. I think their okay with that, all of the actors have to play that part from time to time. I'm sure all the actors have been frustrated with the writing, but it sounds like things are turning around now that Tomlin and Whitesell are making themselves known.

I'm still holding out hope for a good sweeps. Maybe nothing earth shattering, and that's okay. I'd just like to see some good performances from the characters I love!! :wave:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

faithloveright
Member Avatar

I'm not all that happy with the way spoilers either. What is the point in showing us that Sami is definitely in love with EJ, and that he still loves her if they are going to continue to not only keep them apart, but have him discussing marriage with the HO??? WTF is that about???? Unless of course, she is the one who brings it up again, and his way of discussing it is to say that he isn't going to marry her... not now, not ever.....because it is Sami that he loves.... not that I see THAT happening any time soon with the way that the writers are writing him as nothing but a two timing butthead who just wants to get his rocks off, and doesn't really care one way or the other who it's with. BARF!!!!

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I'm watching now and not sure if I like today's episode or not......

I'm hoping Melanie doesn't have a brain tumor or something that will somehow excuse her for murdering Trent if she is the killer......

It seems like when Stax isn't having sex Steph is always whining and making her face look all scrunched up and Max is acting all spastic, I'm tired of both of them......

The way Sami and Nicole were stepping over the Mayor's body didn't make much sense, of course things have rarely made sense ever since I can remember......

Nicole Walker

LMAO. Nicole stepped right over his body like it was nothing while Sami went around it in horror. LOL. I enjoyed Nicole until the end when she had to give EJ the whose more important speech. She was doing so well.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Rhiannon
Oct 20 2008, 01:38 PM
I'm hoping Melanie doesn't have a brain tumor or something that will somehow excuse her for murdering Trent if she is the killer......

Agreed. If she's the killer I don't want it whitewashed. I'd rather she did it knowing full well what she was doing. I don't like her as a front-burner rooting character but as an annoying bad girl who isn't going to get redeemed, and who has a soft spot for Nick, I like her just fine.

Days4Life

The EJ/Nicole conversation at the end of the episode reminded me of Sami and Austin...and not in a good way. Nicole played the Sami role, manipulating EJ (Austin) into doing what she wanted and using her baby (Will) to get his attention from the woman he really wants, which in this case would be Sami (in the role of Carrie). I really hope this was my imagination, but the writers seem to be intent on dumbing down EJ lately. I can't help but be reminded of Austin, who I originally loved, before the writers turned him into a complete idiot. And I don't know how it happened, but somehow today I felt sorry for Sami and felt myself turning on Nicole.

I got a kick out of watching Melanie try to manipulate Bo and Hope, who weren't having any of it. They are way too smart to be taken in by the newest troublemaker in town.

What's with stepping over the dead body in the doorway? They couldn't use another door?

jane1978

I already said I loved Melanie today, so I will just comment the rest:

1. The Stax scene was sad today, especially at the end when Max made Steph once again promise she will not say anything. When she finally agreed and hugged him and said she loves him, loves him more than he thinks, you could read in her eyes she´s already decided to spill everything to protect him.

2. Nicol/Sami were absolutely hillarious today. I don´t care if the stepping over body is realistic or not, I loved every minute of their fight both in the Mansion and later at the station. Yes, I agree Roman blaming EJ and not even asking about Stefano was weird, but he probably did it during his offscreen talk with EJ. But compared with the poor way DAYS followed up Phillip´s shooting, this was fine.

3. I really liked the suspense with the killer and I´m wondering who hired him. Stefano is an obvious choice, but would he agreed to eliminate Sami, mother of his grandson? I doubt it. I think this is all part of a bigger story and I wouldn´t be surprised if it eventually involved even Trent´s murder.

4. The Whitesell/Tomlin effect is now really apparent and I like what I see. It´s like all the Higley´s stories are getting huge shot of adrenalin and pushed from realistic, but mildly interesting, to overtop but entertaining.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Oct 20 2008, 02:10 PM
The EJ/Nicole conversation at the end of the episode reminded me of Sami and Austin...and not in a good way. Nicole played the Sami role, manipulating EJ (Austin) into doing what she wanted and using her baby (Will) to get his attention from the woman he really wants, which in this case would be Sami (in the role of Carrie). I really hope this was my imagination, but the writers seem to be intent on dumbing down EJ lately. I can't help but be reminded of Austin, who I originally loved, before the writers turned him into a complete idiot. And I don't know how it happened, but somehow today I felt sorry for Sami and felt myself turning on Nicole.

I got a kick out of watching Melanie try to manipulate Bo and Hope, who weren't having any of it. They are way too smart to be taken in by the newest troublemaker in town.

What's with stepping over the dead body in the doorway? They couldn't use another door?
Thank you, Days...you hit the nail on the head!! This is exactly how its playing out!! EJ is being dumbed down to become Austin and I HATE it!!! I have LOVED EJ......he was always one step ahead of everyone, master manipulator........who is now being manipulated and not that well!! Nicole was SOOOO pathetic today I could barely watch! Please for the love of .....put on your big girl panties Nicole!!!!!!

And when is Sami suppose to ever have the role of Carrie??? I mean I'm glad the writers are showing us her true feelings and all, but Sami would NEVER stand by and let Nicole of all people take her man. Sami should be going after EJ with everything she has and to H#LL with anyone who gets in her way, especially Nicole!!! ;)

Alligato
Member Avatar

Today was okay.
EJ/Sami/Nicole was exhausting as usual. EJ can't be a two timing anything because he NEVER had a relationship with Sami. At all. She didn't want him every time he brought it up. So I think he is just trying to move on, and here is a woman who wants him and is pregnant with his kid, so he is making himself fall for her. That's romantic! :huh:

It was nice to see Nicole attempt at a civil conversation about the baby with Sami...but alas, it didn't last long. Also, Nicole civility didn't last long when she went off on EJ at the end...just a little too desperate and pathetic!! I hate that they are writing her that way!
And I agree that EJ couldn't find his balls and tell Nicole that if he wants to tell Sami goodbye, then he will!!! Speak up dude! You can do it!

Anyways, too much thought on those three. It is pointless.

Oh, i could mention again that Sami's tent dress and weirdo leggings looked like shit!! Who dresses this beautiful woman? Also, Stephanie rivals Nicole in the who-can-wear-the-shortest-dress look.

Bo and Hope seemed fine today, except for Hope looking corpse-like. But if she puts enough bracelets and necklaces on, we don't see her skin fall off her bones! Sorry, it's sad watching her look so sickly.

I thought it was hilarious that Melanie tried to con Bo and Hope with her little act about mourning her dad and Stephanie as the murderer. I don't know if they looked so much bored, as skeptical of this teen trying to fool them. I liked the scene.

Stax is just miserable. I can't wait til they are done.

Today was okay. I did get to see shirtless EJ for a second, so score one for superficiality and hot, nekkid guys! Sometimes that is all it takes to make a show good...except if it is Jeremy and Jett...then it tanks the show. I digress.
Edited by Alligato, Oct 20 2008, 02:33 PM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

JANALH
Oct 20 2008, 02:23 PM
And when is Sami suppose to ever have the role of Carrie??? I mean I'm glad the writers are showing us her true feelings and all, but Sami would NEVER stand by and let Nicole of all people take her man. Sami should be going after EJ with everything she has and to H#LL with anyone who gets in her way, especially Nicole!!! ;)
Oh, jana! Exactly!

People talk about EJ being dumbed down, but really, if I miss anyone being made stupid, it is Sami.
If Sami wanted EJ as much as they are showing her (although she could have been a little more broken up about seeing them hump on the sofa), Sami would NEVER in a million let Nicole take EJ from her.

Remember last spring where she would kiss him to mark her territory? If Sami all of a sudden is in love with EJ, she would really claim him as hers, and not let him attempt to move on with Nikki.
What is wrong with her?

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Alligato
Oct 20 2008, 02:37 PM
Remember last spring where she would kiss him to mark her territory? If Sami all of a sudden is in love with EJ, she would really claim him as hers, and not let him attempt to move on with Nikki.
What is wrong with her?
I burned my EJami fan card a long, long time ago, but I'll take a stab at this. Let me preface this by saying I do not believe Sami loves EJ now any more than I believe it six months ago. The writing is trying to make me think she loves him but the acting isn't bearing it out. However, if there is a reason Sami isn't acting all Sami-like and going to get her man no matter how lowdown and dirty she has to get, I assume it's because of the pregnancy. I still think it's stupid that she's been letting her existing children live with Stefano with apparently very little fear and now she has to hide her pregnancy out of fear of this man, but whatever. When Sami was pregnant with a DiBaby before, she wasn't in love with EJ, she was in love with Lucas and thus there was nothing for her to go after re: EJ. Now that's she's allegedly in love with EJ, there's the complication of how does she tell EJ she loves him and wants to be with him AND keep the pregnancy and resulting child from Stefano. For once when chasing a man she's putting her child(ren) first. It's weak, IMO, but it's some explanation at least.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Quote:

Oh, i could mention again that Sami's tent dress and weirdo leggings looked like shit!! Who dresses this beautiful woman?

That dress is horrible! She is trying to hide her pregnancy by wearing that?!? She looks HUGE in it! Nobody would look good in that dress.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Angie79
Oct 20 2008, 03:05 PM
Quote:

Oh, i could mention again that Sami's tent dress and weirdo leggings looked like shit!! Who dresses this beautiful woman?

That dress is horrible! She is trying to hide her pregnancy by wearing that?!? She looks HUGE in it! Nobody would look good in that dress.
I'm sorry wardrobe people at Days but no EMMY nod for you! Hair people too - what has happened to the hair styles on Days? There is a whole lot of yugly going on!

Ellie

Angie79
Quote:

The strange part about this whole thing is that instead of hiding the pregnancy from the viewers, they're just having the other characters pretend not to see it. Like, if Sami weren't pregnant (and Ali were), then they'd just use camera angles etc, and in every scene where we saw other characters looking at Sami, they wouldn't be seeing her stomach either. But the way they're doing it now, it comes off as so strange, since (for example) Sami is supposed to stand there having a conversation with her mother, who is standing opposite her and looking straight at her, and her mother's not supposed to notice that Sami looks different! I think this approach is so silly. They should either hide Ali's pregnancy from everyone, or they should have the other characters notice Sami's pregnancy weight gain, OR, they should show Sami trying to hide her own pregnancy, like that she darts behind counters and tables when people walk in the room.

Days4Life

cjknick
Oct 20 2008, 03:14 PM
Angie79
Quote:

I'm sorry wardrobe people at Days but no EMMY nod for you! Hair people too - what has happened to the hair styles on Days? There is a whole lot of yugly going on!
I saw Ali when she was on the Bonnie Hunt show last week, and she looked beautiful and less pregnant than she looks on the show right now. Wardrobe and hair/makeup are not doing her any favors! Ever since Sami found out she's pregnant, she looks awful.

I think all the hair and makeup has been bad lately. Maybe that's one of the budget cuts.

Days4Life

Ellie
Oct 20 2008, 03:22 PM
Angie79
Quote:

The strange part about this whole thing is that instead of hiding the pregnancy from the viewers, they're just having the other characters pretend not to see it. Like, if Sami weren't pregnant (and Ali were), then they'd just use camera angles etc, and in every scene where we saw other characters looking at Sami, they wouldn't be seeing her stomach either. But the way they're doing it now, it comes off as so strange, since (for example) Sami is supposed to stand there having a conversation with her mother, who is standing opposite her and looking straight at her, and her mother's not supposed to notice that Sami looks different! I think this approach is so silly. They should either hide Ali's pregnancy from everyone, or they should have the other characters notice Sami's pregnancy weight gain, OR, they should show Sami trying to hide her own pregnancy, like that she darts behind counters and tables when people walk in the room.
What stood out to me today was when Sami came flying into the mansion and into EJ's arms--there's no way EJ could have hugged Sami and not felt the baby bump. She's more pregnant than Nicole and Nicole not only has a bump, but is feeling the baby kick already. Sami is well into her second trimester and that no one has noticed is just ridiculous.

If nothing else, someone should ask Sami why she's wearing such ugly clothes.

Ellie

Days4Life
Oct 20 2008, 03:28 PM
Ellie
Oct 20 2008, 03:22 PM
Angie79
Quote:

What stood out to me today was when Sami came flying into the mansion and into EJ's arms--there's no way EJ could have hugged Sami and not felt the baby bump. She's more pregnant than Nicole and Nicole not only has a bump, but is feeling the baby kick already. Sami is well into her second trimester and that no one has noticed is just ridiculous.
Right, I haven't watched today's show yet, but that's exactly what I mean. It would make much more sense for Sami to always hold one of the twins in front of her, or to all of a sudden have a new handbag that she puts in front of her stomach.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Oct 20 2008, 02:10 PM
I really hope this was my imagination, but the writers seem to be intent on dumbing down EJ lately. I can't help but be reminded of Austin, who I originally loved, before the writers turned him into a complete idiot. And I don't know how it happened, but somehow today I felt sorry for Sami and felt myself turning on Nicole.
You're not alone. Ever since both women found out they were pregnant, I've been feeling bad for Nicole, while not so much for Sami because she brought this upon herself and because of what she did to Lucas, I coudn't really feel bad for her. But in today's episode, I was rooting on Sami, and hating Nicole.

esp13
Member Avatar

faithloveright
Oct 20 2008, 01:10 PM
I'm not all that happy with the way spoilers either. What is the point in showing us that Sami is definitely in love with EJ, and that he still loves her if they are going to continue to not only keep them apart, but have him discussing marriage with the HO??? WTF is that about????
Well, some would say it's classic soap opera love story 101. One of the staples of soaps is the "two people in love who can't be together" story. So, if you believe that Sami really loves EJ and EJ really loves Sami, then this is the angsty part of the story where circumstances/bad decisions/plot contrivances keep them apart. It's Hope agreeing to marry Larry Welch; it's any one of a number of Kim and Shane separations; it's Steve breaking up with Kayla so she'll marry Jack; it's John and Marlena before the affair.

If they tell the story right, there should be longing glances, stolen moments where they almost admit their feelings but can't, and misunderstandings galore. If they tell it badly, then we get inconsistent actions by the characters with no real understanding of what either one of them is really feeling about the other at any given moment.

Of course, I've not seen anything from EJ or Sami in months that leads me to believe they have any feelings for each other, but for those that still do, I think this is supposed to be the classic angsty separation.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply