Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of Oct. 20th
Topic Started: Oct 19 2008, 03:23 PM (6,822 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

ArizonaDaze
Oct 24 2008, 04:08 PM
PhoenixRising05
Oct 24 2008, 03:50 PM
DrewHamilton
Oct 24 2008, 02:54 PM
Whoa! Who was script writer today? Did anyone catch the error? In the hospital scene with Kate and Chelsea, Chelsea told Kate that she grew up her whole life hearing how awful a person Kate is. Um, Chelsea, you were well grown by the time you even met Kate. How do the writers not remember stuff like this?
You will be shocked to know Richard Culliton was SW today. It was his first episode and he's a terrific SW so I do have to wonder if maybe it was just a case of making a mistake on his first episode or he was writing it with the idea in mind that esp and fenderbabe described.

Fran Myers and Jeanne Marie Ford are also in the credits now. Not sure if they've been in there all week because I wasn't paying attention but they are there now. Now we only have one more known addition to go and that is Lisa Seldman from Y&R, who I think is coming on as a SW. After that, it looks like the writing team is set and the transition will be complete with everyone in their assigned roles.
Tim, if Richard Culliton and the others were listed today, it is the first time. I have been watching the credits and I'm pretty sure they weren't listed yesterday. Haven't seen today yet.
Thanks, ArizonaDaze. I figured because even though I wasn't paying attention. I still glanced at the TV during the credits and the list was not as long as today for the writers.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shylock

I generally don't consider myself fickle as a fan of Days. I've generally found something to like or keep me watching during every era of Days ever since I started watching it when I was younger.. and that includes the second Reilly term and that span of time after Sheffer's debut run with Tinda Lau and Steve the Mental Patient.

But the show's never been as flat out unappealing, uninteresting and boring as it has the past month or so. It seems they're mixing and matching couples around with little rhyme or reason, there's no soul to anything being written on the show right now and this whole Trent thing has turned pretty much every single character involved in it into unlikeable sloths.

The two pregnancies storylines are pretty dull and I don't get either character's motivations for holding back about their pregnancies when they did.

The John storyline seems pretty much dead in the water.

I.. I've just never been this apathetic about a show ever. And I've never watched a single other show other than Days, and certainly not regularly, up until this September. Since then I've latched onto GH and Y&R. Y&R is genuinely good and GH, despite it's flaws, knows how to make things entertaining.

This show had possessions, James Reilly, chips in teeth, two Salems and Belle and Shawn being completely boring for a year - and I've never really stopped watching. It took Dena Higley with no filters to completely turn me off of this show.

I honestly wish they'd fire Tomlin and Higley, then bring back Ed Scott and let him run this show the way he wants to. I'll treasure those few weeks in late September and early August as the last time Days showed potential of how good it could be.

Kyrai

Shylock
Oct 24 2008, 04:53 PM
I generally don't consider myself fickle as a fan of Days. I've generally found something to like or keep me watching during every era of Days ever since I started watching it when I was younger.. and that includes the second Reilly term and that span of time after Sheffer's debut run with Tinda Lau and Steve the Mental Patient.

But the show's never been as flat out unappealing, uninteresting and boring as it has the past month or so. It seems they're mixing and matching couples around with little rhyme or reason, there's no soul to anything being written on the show right now and this whole Trent thing has turned pretty much every single character involved in it into unlikeable sloths.

The two pregnancies storylines are pretty dull and I don't get either character's motivations for holding back about their pregnancies when they did.

I.. I've just never been this apathetic about a show ever. And I've never watched a single other show other than Days, and certainly not regularly, up until this September. Since then I've latched onto GH and Y&R. Y&R is genuinely good and GH, despite it's flaws, knows how to make things entertaining.

This show had possessions, James Reilly, chips in teeth, two Salems and Belle and Shawn being completely boring for a year - and I've never really stopped watching. It took Dena Higley with no filters to completely turn me off of this show.

I honestly wish they'd fire Tomlin and Higley, then bring back Ed Scott and let him run this show the way he wants to. I'll treasure those few weeks in late September and early August as the last time Days showed potential of how good it could be.
My feelings exactly.

hops
Member Avatar

Shylock
Oct 24 2008, 04:53 PM

Ditto! and your comment 'there is no soul to anything written', I couldn't agree more. And I will had heart.
Edited by hops, Oct 24 2008, 06:46 PM.

esp13
Member Avatar

I loved two things about today. I loved Philip totally turning the tables on Melanie and calling her out for the manipulator she is. I loved how cool and smooth he was and the way he asked Bo if he had his handcuffs on him made me laugh out loud. As skeevy as the makeout session was, the awesomeness that followed almost made me forget it.

Secondly, I loved that Stephanie was again strong and standing up for herself with Max. The only way the character is ever going to get a fair shake is to keep writing her this way. Oh, and thank god somebody (actually two somebodies) finally mentioned Caroline in all of this.

Nicole Walker

I haven't watched yet but I can't wait to see Nicole babysit.

zyona

DrewHamilton
Oct 24 2008, 02:54 PM
Whoa! Who was script writer today? Did anyone catch the error? In the hospital scene with Kate and Chelsea, Chelsea told Kate that she grew up her whole life hearing how awful a person Kate is. Um, Chelsea, you were well grown by the time you even met Kate. How do the writers not remember stuff like this?
I thought about the same thing, since Chelsea grew up with the Benson. I guess the writers are to lazy to even study the show's history.

Alligato
Member Avatar

^ Nicole didn't babysit today. I think that is Monday!

I just watched Friday's show...and my favorite part was Phillip. Philly looked so damn hot today with the shirt off and the hair messed up and flirting with Mel, then he turned on his bastard button and crossed Mel and I just loved that. THAT is my Philly K!

I am so hoping that EJ gets all Dimera on some hitman's ass. This is a perfect chance to bring back EJ. Or I would love it if EJ tracked down Sami at her safe house to visit her.

...because really, they are making him out to be such a big dumbass that NOBODY notices that Sami is so damn pregnant! She is wearing an awful tent dress that makes her HUGE and Johnny pats her big tummy says "baby", and they all stand around looking "duh? what?"
I am so disappointed in Marlena and EJ!

I couldn't even watch Chelsea and Kate today. It is the same crap for the past few weeks. I tried but couldn't. For some reason, I just wish Chelsea gone...don't want to see her anymore.

Stax was nice fighting. Liked Bo and Max scenes together.

It wasn't a bad Friday.
I love Sami/EJ/Lucas/Nicole/Chloe crap, but I really can't understand any of them right now. It is so painful to think about what is going on in their minds. They could use a little direction and sense.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

The shame on the Chelsea/Kate scene is because we've watched as Chelsea yells at Kate and Kate defends over and over, it kind of made the reaction of Date continuing the affair fall flat. They SHOULD have had Chelsea walk in on them kissing just so it could get Chelsea really riled up. Have Chelsea say those horrible things with Kate telling her to be careful what she wished for and Chelsea leaves. Then Chelsea sees Dan go back in to see Kate thinking they are to go back to their kissing but instead she overhears the test results and is shocked to find out this is what Kate has been afraid of. This way when Monday's episode picks up with Chelsea on what she is doing (I won't say more than that) it would make more sense.

I'm glad Philip turned on the bastard to Melanie but I was so skeeved out at the beginning.

I'm still thankful that Stax is broken up. Let's let it continue.

jcar03
Member Avatar

Okay, so this is the first time in weeks that I have watched DAYS. Why does Sami have to go into the Witness Protection program?

Mason
Member Avatar

jcar03
Oct 24 2008, 10:53 PM
Okay, so this is the first time in weeks that I have watched DAYS. Why does Sami have to go into the Witness Protection program?
She witnessed the mayor being murdered at the DiMera mansion.

jcar03
Member Avatar

Thank You, Mason!

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Regarding Chelsea and Kate during Chelsea's growing up years. She was raised by the Benson's just a few houses down from Jack and Jen. When she was first introduced to us she was portrayed as a girl devoted to high style and was an avid reader of Kate's magazine. She was in total awe of having her for a grandmother when she learned that Billie was her birth mother. She knew of Kate's history before ever meeting her. The writer's were correct.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

darraholic
Oct 21 2008, 08:57 AM
Tuesday's episode was great. I'm not a Higley fan but I'm quite enjoying her writing for Lexie. It's been awhile since Lexie's had her edge. It's a shame JER & Hogan couldn't see the potential of Renee Jones. The scenes today with Lexie & Stefano were brilliant and if Dena can write Lexie back into a DiMera I'll be happy.
ITA! It's a shame we had to wait over a year to get these scenes with Stefano and Lexie but I'm hopin for more.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Oct 21 2008, 05:21 PM
The highlight of today's show had to be Stefano and Lexie's scenes. Like I said earlier, I really believe this is a result of Whitesell's influence. He was there during the years that Lexie accepted her DiMera roots. He helped write those scenes where Lexie slowly let her guard down when it came to Stefano and that's slowly what's happening now. It's like deja vu and I love it. The moment Lexie went into Stefano's arms and he kissed her forehead, I got this warm feeling inside. LOL, cheesy I know! I just love Stefano and Lexie's father/daughter dynamic. And I can't wait for Lexie and Tony scenes tomorrow. Lexie's involved with the DiMeras where she should be. Why couldn't you do this, Hogan?!
It's not cheesy, I felt the same way :)

pnelsen

Add me to the list of being bored right now with the show. I also agree, that Hope and Bo looked a little bored at the police station. they did not act like their regular selves.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Fridays show was great..Kudos to Ali Sweeney on her best single episode in easily over a year...I'm so happy with how they have fixed EJ, Sami, Lucas, and even Chloe's character in the past few weeks...Also loved Phillip turning the tables on Melanie...Melanie is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters, she's so the new Sami...Also glad Chelsea found out about Kate and Daniel, this just means that Chan is DEAD for good..

Deleted User
Deleted User

Kevc1980
Oct 25 2008, 10:13 PM
Fridays show was great..Kudos to Ali Sweeney on her best single episode in easily over a year...I'm so happy with how they have fixed EJ, Sami, Lucas, and even Chloe's character in the past few weeks...Also loved Phillip turning the tables on Melanie...Melanie is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters, she's so the new Sami...Also glad Chelsea found out about Kate and Daniel, this just means that Chan is DEAD for good..
I really enjoyed Phillip in this episode as well. A character written with brains ... what a concept.
Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

Amello
Oct 25 2008, 10:16 PM
I really enjoyed Phillip in this episode as well. A character written with brains ... what a concept.
Wonder who will have the one brain in Salem next week?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mason
Oct 25 2008, 10:17 PM
Amello
Oct 25 2008, 10:16 PM
Wonder who will have the one brain in Salem next week?
We should make it a contest!
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply