Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days: Tiny tidbits
Topic Started: Oct 21 2008, 06:47 PM (3,243 Views)
maryg23dz
Member Avatar

OBK, thanks for the new scoop! So glad that there is a Maggie sighting... now to get more vets involved and less stupid teenagers!

ITA with whoever said that Abby needed to be recast. Next to RM, AB looked good, but she did seem to lose interest and focus. Someone new who could bring passion to the part! And while you're at it, KC, bring back Jack and Jen, too!

Max and Chelsea? No. I liked them together at first, but now? No way! Stax is worse, but neither will make it feel less icky to date your niece... non-blood related or not. Abby would work... who else is there? Morgan's gone, Mimi's gone... Who's left that's not related to Max, and at an appropriate age?

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I hated Ashley Benson as Abby :hmmph:

darraholic
Member Avatar
Pennsatucky

I didn't mind that temp recast of Abby. She was pretty good.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

KristianFanForever
Oct 22 2008, 03:41 AM
Hope & Patrick and Subsex were both HOT, IMO!!
ITA about subsex! I like Bope, but damn, Drake and Kristian have always had some serious chemistry. I love Hope and PAtrick seperately, but together they didn't click for me together.
Ashley Benson is beautiful but such a limited actress. She lacked the fire and intensity to handle the heavy, emotional material.

Mason

I think Ashley could be a pretty good actress. I just don't think she really gave it her all for most of the time she was on DAYS.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Did anyone see Ashley on CSI Miami on Monday? I don't think she has improved as an actress judging from the scenes she was in. I doubt that they would ever have her back on Days, but they could recast.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Rakesh198
Oct 22 2008, 11:43 AM
Nicole Dimera
Oct 21 2008, 09:40 PM
I think that's Patrick and Hope!! Now THAT'S HOTNESS!! Patrick was so fine, I hate what they did to him.
ITA! I loved Patrick and Hope so much.
I loved them too. I actually could see major potential for them but they never developed Patrick enough to make it viable and, of course, you have the Bope fanbase to consider so it never got going. One of the few things about summer 2004 that I loved was Patrick and Hope working together. I always loved them working together.

Sub sex was hot but man I hated that story. That Gina thing wasn't good for me until real Gina showed up. Way too much reliance on sci-fi crap for me. They went way overboard at the time with that stuff. We had the brain chip and a tooth implant. Too much at once IMO.

I like Ashley but after seeing what she has done after Days, it just proves her lack of energy in her scenes was not just due to being on Days. She is just a bit lazy IMO. She relies on the writing to make her look good and she adds nothing of her own to make the character feel alive. The tempAbby was good IMO. She had a nice energy. There are lots of good actresses that can play the role and I wish Days could go out and get one. I feel Abby has a place in Salem with the younger set and because she is a Horton who could be the next big young heroine.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I completely disagree about Ashley not giving it her all as Abby. I thinks she was very subtle in her portrayal of Abby. She didn't need to over-act, nor did she need to pull back from being too much. She came off as a real human being. Ashley made Abby a real person for me. She was just great and had great chemistry with the majority of the cast members she was involved with.

Plus she looked exactly like Melissa Reeves, it was scary.

Mason

I'm not saying Ashley didn't do a good job, but she seemed bored during most of her time on the show.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Exactly.

Yes, she definitely had the right look. No doubt. She was like a mini-Missy. She had great chemistry with everyone. She wasn't horrible but it seemed when the show finally started giving her more story, she folded. She never put enough out there and the writing was there at that time. With more airtime and an actual story, she needed to help the character long. She needed to add to the character yet she didn't. She kind of stuck with the same way she had been playing things since she started and she sometimes came off like she was phoning it in as well.

This is coming from someone who likes her. I just lost some of my fondness of her in her last 6 months on the show.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

We saw two completely different views of Ashley's performance of Abby then. I never thought she seemed bored with her material despite the rumors that she wanted to branch out because DAYS wasn't giving her much. Up until her last day, I enjoyed her performance. I was never turned off by her scenes nor did I think she was phoning it in like many other actors did on their way out the door. Yes, I'm talking about you Austin Peck and Farah Fath.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^It's so funny because Peck came alive when he got fired the first time. He was great during the Vegas story but the last time he was axed, he was horrible. He pretty much justified his own firing. Farah Fath was no better during her exit and she had some meaty scenes with Judi. I was shocked Farah was that awful as Judi usually brought the best out of her.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I was so glad to see Abby go. She just never did much for me beyond being the supporting friend. I never got much of a vibe with her and Max beyond a young girl crush. She seemed pretty bratty about the whole Max/Mimi thing. I just have a hard time picturing her old enough for a serious love role, and I don't think she could carry that type of role like Missy Reeves could. Just my opinion.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dansea1myheart

Can we get to the good stuff already... This show is really bothering me!!!! ROUND & ROUND WE GO

jcar03
Member Avatar

KristianFanForever
Oct 22 2008, 04:06 AM
DrewHamilton
Oct 21 2008, 07:04 PM
I don't think the writers would go for Max and Chelsea again, but if they did, I really wouldn't mind it. Max and Chelsea never bothered me, just because Chelsea came into the Brady family after she and Max were dating. It's not like Max knew about Chelsea being related to him like it is with Stephanie.

Max and Chelsea would not bother me though. That doesn't mean I want them together. Is it that damn hard to find a blonde in Los Angeles to play Abby? GEEZ!
So, wait a minute, it was honky dorey for Chelsea to shack up with Max because "they didn't grow up knowing eachother" but Max and Stephanie cause an uproar because they did?

I'm sorry but that doesn't make any sense. Related IS related no matter which way you slice it.

If Max and Stephanie are so disgusting then Max and Chelsea should be considered just as disgusting.

I find all this outrage over Max and Stephanie's relation hypocritical considering there was hardly a peep when Max and Chelsea were sleazing it up.
Well, when Chelsea and Max first got together they didn't know they were related. They didn't grow up like Max and Stephanie would have being told that is your Uncle Max that is your niece Stephanie. I don't want a Chelsea/Max redo now but at the time I didn't have a problem with it because they didn't even now Chelsea was alive until she was grown. It is COMPLETELY different then Max/Stephanie because those two grew up even if offscreen thinking of the other as uncle/niece.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Oct 22 2008, 11:46 PM
^It's so funny because Peck came alive when he got fired the first time. He was great during the Vegas story but the last time he was axed, he was horrible. He pretty much justified his own firing. Farah Fath was no better during her exit and she had some meaty scenes with Judi. I was shocked Farah was that awful as Judi usually brought the best out of her.
Personally, I thought Farah kicked ass in those scenes.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

jcar03
Oct 24 2008, 05:19 PM
KristianFanForever
Oct 22 2008, 04:06 AM
DrewHamilton
Oct 21 2008, 07:04 PM
I don't think the writers would go for Max and Chelsea again, but if they did, I really wouldn't mind it. Max and Chelsea never bothered me, just because Chelsea came into the Brady family after she and Max were dating. It's not like Max knew about Chelsea being related to him like it is with Stephanie.

Max and Chelsea would not bother me though. That doesn't mean I want them together. Is it that damn hard to find a blonde in Los Angeles to play Abby? GEEZ!
So, wait a minute, it was honky dorey for Chelsea to shack up with Max because "they didn't grow up knowing eachother" but Max and Stephanie cause an uproar because they did?

I'm sorry but that doesn't make any sense. Related IS related no matter which way you slice it.

If Max and Stephanie are so disgusting then Max and Chelsea should be considered just as disgusting.

I find all this outrage over Max and Stephanie's relation hypocritical considering there was hardly a peep when Max and Chelsea were sleazing it up.
Well, when Chelsea and Max first got together they didn't know they were related. They didn't grow up like Max and Stephanie would have being told that is your Uncle Max that is your niece Stephanie. I don't want a Chelsea/Max redo now but at the time I didn't have a problem with it because they didn't even now Chelsea was alive until she was grown. It is COMPLETELY different then Max/Stephanie because those two grew up even if offscreen thinking of the other as uncle/niece.
The whole blow job in the car scene pretty well ruined any hope for me to cheer for Chelsea and Max.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply