Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:SOD November Sweeps; **UPDATED**
Topic Started: Oct 22 2008, 01:06 PM (5,094 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Sami/Rafael: "He is her guard and her match. She causes trouble for him and then he discovers she's pregnant. that's the beginning of the story." Is there a romantic element here? "Could be. it's a very much the same dynamic as Roman sleeping on marlena's floor all those years ago to protect her. But Sami is still in love with EJ."

Brady/Chloe/Lucas: "Brady returns to Salem. He is clean and sober and is there to make amends. He and Chloe try and find find closure.He's happy she's moved on with Lucas, but she's not sure if it's Lucas or Brady who makes her happy."

Nicole/EJ: "This a big story. They have a love/hate relationship. Nicole is accused and incarcerated for Trent's murder and EJ can't get her off. Her life and the baby's life are at stake by the end of the month."

Second Chances

"We're dealing with a very serious murder and all of these suspects," says Excecutive producer Ken Corday. "At the end of the month the murderer will be revealed and it will be a big suprise."

Bo/Hope: They are working to solve the murder cases and by months end they find Trent's killer and it's a shocker.

John/Marlena: They are divorced now, but what does that mean for the future? He is still having headaches and Marlena helps him through the pain. Brady returns and John is cold to him, which is unsettling to Marlena. Kayla won't be happy when John hires Steve to some private investigator work.

Melanie/Max/Nick/Stephanie/Chelsea/Phillip: Melanie tries to break Nick's interest in here until it looks like Nick may be able to make her money. Chelsea tries to warn Nick about Melanie, but he won't listen. Max and Stephanie are broken up, but there is still hope for them. Phillip hires Stephanie as an intern at Titan and they strike up a friendship.

Kate/Daniel/Chloe: Daniel is giving Kate the will to live. It will appear that the chemo is working and then something else happens. Chloe and Daniel will cross paths and they will share a secret with each other.

Abe/Lexie/Theo: Abe is named the new mayor. Lexie supports her husband, but is (the rest wasn't visible).

http://s9.zetaboards.com/ejami_fans/topic/7039494/13/
Edited by Angie79, Oct 22 2008, 09:01 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

downwhtone
Member Avatar

Ugh! These still sound like nothing. I was hoping the ones in SOW sounded so boring cause they were going to print the big sweeps info in SOD.

Thanks Angie!!

Sindacco
Member Avatar

That's it?

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

There is more, but this is all that was posted at SC.

Alligato
Member Avatar

They keeping saying that about Rafe "he's her match". What da hell does that mean? Does that mean he figures out she is a schemer? Who doesn't know that?

I was hoping for something a little more exciting!
But thanks Angie for coming through!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Boring!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jonatha

Thanks so much, Angie. The idea of Rafe protecting Sami while she's in the witness protection program also reminded me of the good old Days when Roman was brought in to protect Marlena.

Emma Frost
Member Avatar

Seems kind of weak doesn't it? I wonder if there is any more? Who am I kidding, this is DOOL, I can't ever get my hopes up.

Thanks Angie.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Angie79
Oct 22 2008, 01:06 PM
But Sami is still in love with EJ.

Still?

When oh when will they break up Lucas and Chloe?

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Paxton
Oct 22 2008, 01:55 PM
Angie79
But Sami is still in love with EJ.

Still?

When oh when will they break up Lucas and Chloe?
I was hoping Lucas helping Sami would be the end of Chloe and Lucas, but it doesn't seem that..Hopefully Nadia and Eric have better chemistry..It looks like Phillip is going into the Max, Stephanie, Melanie storyline..

Mason

More like November Sleeps. :sleep:

jane1978

Angie79
Sami/Rafael: "He is her guard and her match. She causes trouble for him and then he discovers she's pregnant. that's the beginning of the story." Is there a romantic element here? "Could be. it's a very much the same dynamic as Roman sleeping on marlena's floor all those years ago to protect her. But Sami is still in love with EJ."

Brady/Chloe/Lucas: "Brady returns to Salem. He is clean and sober and is there to make amends. He and Chloe try and find find closure.He's happy she's moved on with Lucas, but she's not sure if it's Lucas or Brady who makes her happy."

Second Chances
Looks like classic Reilly couple writing is back. Sami will get close with Rafe, while EJ will decide to move on with Nicol, only for Sami to reveal she has his child too in the worst moment imaginable, probably during EJole wedding.

From producer standpoint, now I understand what Higley meant by saying they found a way how to keep Sami on screen even during Alis maternity leave. Because Rafe/Sami will be isolated, they can easily pretape all their scenes and air them during her leave without worrying about continuity issues.

As for Chloe/Lucas/Brady, looks like Lucas is the new Phillip in the neverending Broe vs. Phloe saga. I already feel this will not be mine favorite storyline. But Im happy JKJ isnt involved.
Edited by jane1978, Oct 22 2008, 02:06 PM.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Stupid and lame.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Mason
Oct 22 2008, 02:01 PM
ICA, Mason!!!

Thanks for posting them Angie!!! :wave:

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm hoping someone will post the rest of the previews. So far, these are more detailed than the last sweeps previews we received from SOW. Those were more like one sentence previews. These are actually a little more detailed. That's good.

That's pretty much exactly how I expected the Rafe/Sami dynamic to play out. And I'm not surprised at all by the reference to Roman and Marlena. It's yet another coincidence that I created a storyline where Sami was life was in danger and a detective was brought in to protect her, and there could be resulting sparks between the two. Only on As Days Go By, the detecitve is played by Shawn Christian. It's definitely a gold-mine storyline to tell. Out of Sami and Belle, Sami is definitely the one to use if you want to recreate the love story of Marlena and Roman, which was just great. Sami is a spitfire, just like Marlena was with Roman back then. So I can get into this dynamic. Lets just hope Galen Gerring and Alison Sweeney have the chemistry I think they'll have.

I like how it sounds that Brady has moved on from Chloe, and it's only Chloe that still has these feelings for Brady. I can go with that, because the way the story went, something in their marriage wasn't working. One of them didn't want to be with the other, and I would've had a problem had Brady returned to Salem and they're both wanting to be together again. That would be stupid. I hope a triangle doesn't last too long. They should've had Brady bring on a love interest of his own, perhaps someone he met in rehab or something?

Who gave these previews? I'm hoping Dena Higley finally took back her position as head writer and the one that should be giving these interviews.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Mason
Oct 22 2008, 02:01 PM
Exactly!

Thanks Ang~

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting.

Awful. Were there any mentions of other characters besides the septagon from hell?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DolceDiMera
Oct 22 2008, 04:53 PM
Thanks for posting.

Awful. Were there any mentions of other characters besides the septagon from hell?
Yes, other stories were mentioned but these are all that have been posted. These came from the LUMI board so that is why this is all that is mentioned.

As Drew said, at least these are detailed. I knew the SOW ones were not all that would be happening as that was a week earlier then went previews like that are usually given. I was even shocked SOW did them too. Usually it's just SOD because SOD always ends up being a bit more detailed.

these are still vague but that is how it should be. I don't want the whole month spoiled. These sound ok so far. So excited about Sami and Rafael and I'm LOVING the Roman/Marlena comparison. It's also like early Shuis too and that plays well into Galen's comfort zone. He comes alive when he spars with his love interest. Sami has never been had a true romance. Ejami had potential to be that but it got derailed and Lumi was more friends becoming lovers. Both Sami and Nicole never have had a true Days love story where they are the only subject of the man's affections without any hidden motivation or agenda. I'm not an advocate for boxing characters into a corner with the whole "destined lovers" thing but I'm all for something new and fresh and Sami is finally getting that with this new direction. It opens up Lucas and EJ too.

The Brady stuff sounds good too. As Drew said, it's great that he comes back not immediately wanting Chloe after all they went through. I'm also happy they mention him being "clean and sober." I want his drug and alcohol issues to be mentioned. I'm actually excited about this triangle and glad it's not Philip/Chloe/Brady again.

I really do hope Higley or Tomlin gave the previews. If it's Corday, that means he will get half his shit wrong and most of the stuff he says will either not happen or will be misconstrued on his part or won't happen until a month or so (remember how the Vendetta climax last year kept getting pushed back? In every preview, he kept changing the time it was going to happen.) Corday also doesn't make things seem exciting. He takes the life out of previews and also spends too much time focusing on assuring the fanbases that their couple will be ok. I hate that. It gives away the story and the endgame. Hopefully, he isn't giving the preview.

Mason

They shouldn't give everything away, but what they do give us should at least pique our interest.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

My favorite thing about Brady coming back is his potential interactions with John and Stefano...and of course Victor..

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply