Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:SOD November Sweeps; **UPDATED**
Topic Started: Oct 22 2008, 01:06 PM (5,180 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

It beats watching the news at 5 in the morning while riding the exercise bike.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Angie79
Oct 22 2008, 01:06 PM
Sami/Rafael: "He is her guard and her match. She causes trouble for him and then he discovers she's pregnant. that's the beginning of the story." Is there a romantic element here? "Could be. it's a very much the same dynamic as Roman sleeping on marlena's floor all those years ago to protect her. But Sami is still in love with EJ."

Brady/Chloe/Lucas: "Brady returns to Salem. He is clean and sober and is there to make amends. He and Chloe try and find find closure.He's happy she's moved on with Lucas, but she's not sure if it's Lucas or Brady who makes her happy."
Second Chances
It sounds to me like Days is trying to recreate Sheridan and Luis with these two. It's going to feel very forced, IMO. I hate when they plan on showcasing romantic sparks before the fans have even gotten the chance to see the two characters on screen together.

As for Brady... uhh... so what's the point of his return again? LoL

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
Oct 22 2008, 05:55 PM
There is no point. It's just an excuse to get Eric Martsolf on our screens again.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Kenny
Angie79
Sami/Rafael: "He is her guard and her match. She causes trouble for him and then he discovers she's pregnant. that's the beginning of the story." Is there a romantic element here? "Could be. it's a very much the same dynamic as Roman sleeping on marlena's floor all those years ago to protect her. But Sami is still in love with EJ."

Brady/Chloe/Lucas: "Brady returns to Salem. He is clean and sober and is there to make amends. He and Chloe try and find find closure.He's happy she's moved on with Lucas, but she's not sure if it's Lucas or Brady who makes her happy."
Second Chances
It sounds to me like Days is trying to recreate Sheridan and Luis with these two. It's going to feel very forced, IMO. I hate when they plan on showcasing romantic sparks before the fans have even gotten the chance to see the two characters on screen together.

Okay. I have read this a bunch of times on this board and I have no clue who y'all are talking about. Who is Luis and Sheridan? I assume Passions people (never watched a day of it - but since it came on after Days, I loved the theme song before I turned it off), but is Days really going to attempt to recreate a character/story from a failed soap?
Is this all this dude can do?

I am so not looking forward to them bringing on this new guy...Brady, yes...because he has some history and interaction with a few other people...but Rafe? Is this just someone else to parade around half nekkid? I hope I am wrong but I am dreading a new someone into Sami's storyline...especially if she is supposed to be hung up on someone else.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

^And pregnant to boot!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Alligato
Oct 22 2008, 06:27 PM
Okay. I have read this a bunch of times on this board and I have no clue who y'all are talking about. Who is Luis and Sheridan? I assume Passions people (never watched a day of it - but since it came on after Days, I loved the theme song before I turned it off), but is Days really going to attempt to recreate a character/story from a failed soap?
Yes, they're Passions characters. Galen Gering played Luis and McKenzie Westmore played Sheridan.

They were paired almost right from the start. She was the snarky rich bitch and he was the poor guy who got under her skin. They were each other's "match" and fought almost as often as they thought about fucking each other.

If you watch this clip, you'll see what I mean. You'll also get to see some of Galen Gering's "acting," LoL.

For the record, I never liked them, LoL. I thought they were contrived and forced and I never saw the chemistry. For some reason, it always bothers me when a show plans on creating a romantic, hot new couple before the fans have even been given a chance to see what kind of chemistry is there on-screen.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

I never liked Shuis either, more of a Fancy/Luis fan

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Here is another one I found at Second Chances:

Nicole/EJ: "This a big story. They have a love/hate relationship. Nicole is accused and incarcerated for Trent's murder and EJ can't get her off. her life and the baby's life are at stake by the end of the month."

This sounds good. I still have this vibe she is going to lose the baby and she is going to go the villainess route again. I'm not against it but they need to keep her redeemable and make sure her softer side continues to get play as it has this year.

Also, it seems Ken Corday gives the previews. Ugh. :hmmph:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Angie79

Second Chances

It seems more like they are being open about trying to re-create Roman and Marlena dynamic as well. They are comparing it to that, which is fine. Your right there is a concern it will be forced but I also think chemistry and story can trump that and the whole premise of him protecting her and them sparring back and forth while also falling in love is classic soap. It's about time the show went back to this and I like the idea of Sami getting swept off her feet. That is how EJ and Sami began but that went downhill shortly after that.

I don't think they are forcing them on us. It is mentioned there may be a romantic beat so it seems like this may be Days testing the waters, which is ok right now since the stories finally have direction now. I can deal with testing things out if the whole show isn't lacking direction.

I loved early Shuis. It's when there was no payoff after like 5 years that I started hating them. That and Mac's acting got horrible. She lost her spark and didn't get it back until Sheridan became a bitch. I became a Luis/Fancy and alot of that had to do with how they came together, which was actually quite like how Luis and Sheridan got together. They sparred alot, he saved her life and was protecting her...it was very similar. It's a tried and true soap cliche but it's one Days itself hasn't used in awhile so it does have a fresh feeling to it given Days has not done it in awhile.

I'm just happy to see something new and fresh for Sami. That alone has me interested.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Honestly it doesn't sound that bad. I like the EJ and Nicole, Sami and Rafe spoilers, as well as Brady's return. DAYS has needed viable leading men in their thirties for the longest time, and Datillo doesn't
count lol Galen and Eric may not be emmy winners anytime soon, but they are capable enough,
and I think they will be a nice addition to the cast. As DAYS fans we have been trained to expect
the worst, so I understand why people are already waiting for it to tank. But, I for one think it will
work out well. Now just bring back Martha Madison! :)

Jonatha

PhoenixRising05
Oct 22 2008, 07:33 PM

Nicole/EJ: "This a big story. They have a love/hate relationship. Nicole is accused and incarcerated for Trent's murder and EJ can't get her off. her life and the baby's life are at stake by the end of the month."

This sounds good. I still have this vibe she is going to lose the baby and she is going to go the villainess route again. I'm not against it but they need to keep her redeemable and make sure her softer side continues to get play as it has this year.

I don't think Nicole is going to lose her baby. Remember the call went out some weeks ago for a woman who is 5 months pregnant in real life, and she had to be at least 5'11 and a size 2? That does sound like Ari. It would be sad to have her lose the baby when she is late into her second trimester.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Jonatha
Oct 22 2008, 08:33 PM
PhoenixRising05

I don't think Nicole is going to lose her baby. Remember the call went out some weeks ago for a woman who is 5 months pregnant in real life, and she had to be at least 5'11 and a size 2? That does sound like Ari. It would be sad to have her lose the baby when she is late into her second trimester.
I don't think it will happen in November, although who knows. We know she interacts with a doctor in November. Maybe she continues to cover up her pains and eventually she miscarries or the baby ends up stillborn, perhaps kicking off another baby switch story.

Not saying I want it. I'm not against it either though. I just see Nicole's desperation and the way things are playing...something is going to happen and that will probably lead Nicole to take some sort of drastic action.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

PhoenixRising05

Thanks! I updated the first post.

I bet Nicole loses the baby. :unsure:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

The rest:

"We're dealing with a very serious murder and all of these suspects," says Excecutive producer Ken Corday. "At the end of the month the murderer will be revealed and it will be a big suprise."

Bo/Hope: They are working to solve the murder cases and by months end they find Trent's killer and it's a shocker.

John/Marlena: They are divorced now, but what does that mean for the future? He is still having headaches and Marlena helps him through the pain. Brady returns and John is cold to him, which is unsettling to Marlena. Kayla won't be happy when John hires Steve to some private investigator work.

Melanie/Max/Nick/Stephanie/Chelsea/Phillip: Melanie tries to break Nick's interest in here until it looks like Nick may be able to make her money. Chelsea tries to warn Nick about Melanie, but he won't listen. Max and Stephanie are broken up, but there is still hope for them. Phillip hires Stephanie as an intern at Titan and they strike up a friendship.

Kate/Daniel/Chloe: Daniel is giving Kate the will to live. It will appear that the chemo is working and then something else happens. Chloe and Daniel will cross paths and they will share a secret with each other.

Abe/Lexie/Theo: Abe is named the new mayor. Lexie supports her husband, but is (the rest wasn't visible).

http://s9.zetaboards.com/ejami_fans/topic/7039494/13/
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Charmqn
Member Avatar

oh Melanie, you biatch!....I have no clue what they are doing with this chick/mick thing

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Nicole and EJ have a love/hate relationship now? I really hope Tomlin and Higley aren't thinking of turning them into Todd and Blair, but this could be an interesting new dynamic for EJ and Nicole. Maybe this means they are going back to being "bad" again (crosses fingers).
I am not anticipating chemistry between Gering and Sweeney. I just think she plain sucks as a romantic lead.
So Philip, a thirty year old successful, ruthless CEO of an international corporation is back to mingling with the teens again? GMAB. Don't get me wrong, I am interested in Phil and Steph, but I hope that once November is over Philip can get back to more adult interactions (preferably with Chloe).
The Brady and John dynamic might be interesting. That is the only purpose I see for Brady's return.
Edited by DolceDiMera, Oct 22 2008, 09:18 PM.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Charmqn
Oct 22 2008, 09:01 PM
oh Melanie, you biatch!....I have no clue what they are doing with this chick/mick thing
I'm fine with it. I don't like the idea of Phelany at all but I'm fine with Melanie going back to her roots and being a bad girl. I loved early chick when Chelsea was a brat and Nick helped redeem her. Melanie is a bigger challenge as she really does have life experience and a bad streak so could Nick get through? They have real potential.

But it also can turn the tables on Chick. Many feel Chelsea doesn't deserve Nick anymore. I like how the show isn't having her just outright Nick (yet) but can't stay away. She's protective of him is obviously jealousy but I think as she sees that Melanie is a real danger to Nick, it will drive her to be more desperate and more protective of Nick. This can warm people back up to liking Chick again, especially if RM does what she does best and shows her inner suffering but the bratty girl on the outside.

Worried about the Date stuff. What does it mean something happens? Please don't tell me Chloe and Dan's secret is they slept with each other. I'll scream.

And I also second the love/hate on EJole. I adore love/hate relationships (Kind of wish they'd go that way with Philip/Stephanie) and IMO they work best if they start out like such.
Edited by Tripp, Oct 22 2008, 09:12 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

Yawwwwn.

hops
Member Avatar

Thanks for the spoilers. As a John & Marlena it's nice to see them at least mentioned and as John and Marlena fan, not happy about a divorce that was not needed to further any kind of story. I realize they won't get the same amount of screen time or thought put into their appearances as the frontburner stories, but it would be nice to see something decent for them when they are on. I don't enjoy the way any of the characters are written. It's not even fun. It's just boring and there seem to be a lot of whiners and pouters.
Edited by hops, Oct 22 2008, 09:16 PM.

peaches179

Mason
Oct 22 2008, 09:12 PM
Yawwwwn.

Ditto.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply