Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Trent's killer is.....; UPDATED
Topic Started: Oct 23 2008, 01:36 AM (6,948 Views)
OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Hey at least Nick is getting a story, right? I'm going to see how it airs, I don't want to just dismiss it as garbage before I've even seen it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

I don't think anybody is dismissing it as garbage, or at least not all of us. I think it could be good if they handle it right. I don't want to see Nick destroyed, but if they use the painkillers and his family's history of mental illness, it could be really good for Nick and for Blake.

I think the biggest issue is that, for those of use that like Nick, we want to make sure that there is going to be some believable explanation for his sudden turn to the dark side. And, doing the little things to set the story up would have made us all feel a little better about that. When they miss those little things early on, it makes me worry that they'll miss the other beats necessary to keep Nick's character from being completely destroyed in the name of a "shocking" twist.

I'm interested to watch it play out and I'm hopeful it will be a good story.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

esp13
Oct 24 2008, 10:29 AM
I don't think anybody is dismissing it as garbage, or at least not all of us. I think it could be good if they handle it right. I don't want to see Nick destroyed, but if they use the painkillers and his family's history of mental illness, it could be really good for Nick and for Blake.

I think the biggest issue is that, for those of use that like Nick, we want to make sure that there is going to be some believable explanation for his sudden turn to the dark side. And, doing the little things to set the story up would have made us all feel a little better about that. When they miss those little things early on, it makes me worry that they'll miss the other beats necessary to keep Nick's character from being completely destroyed in the name of a "shocking" twist.

I'm interested to watch it play out and I'm hopeful it will be a good story.
ITA and very well said. :hail: If they are gonna send Nick down this path, I worry they are gonna ruin his character for the sake of shock value.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Oct 24 2008, 10:22 AM
Hey at least Nick is getting a story, right? I'm going to see how it airs, I don't want to just dismiss it as garbage before I've even seen it.
Yeah, true....is this a storyline where its long term or is this something where Blake leaves the show?

I really want to see how they handle this...They could play with Nick's family history

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

To be honest, I haven't heard anything about Blake leaving the show. But it certainly looks like they are setting up an exit for him, which sucks because he's a Horton.

Jonatha

OneBadKitty
Oct 24 2008, 11:01 AM
To be honest, I haven't heard anything about Blake leaving the show. But it certainly looks like they are setting up an exit for him, which sucks because he's a Horton.
Amen, it sucks if only because Nick is a Horton. :shame:

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

OneBadKitty
Oct 24 2008, 11:01 AM
I'm hoping the fact they are bothering to write in the drug problems is meant to give Nick an out so he isn't leaving the show.

*denial*

Charmqn
Member Avatar

well, if we hear nothing about an actor getting cut, I'll feel okay about Blake's new storyline.

Mason

esp13
Oct 24 2008, 10:29 AM
I don't think anybody is dismissing it as garbage
I am, LoL.

esp13
Member Avatar

That's why I added the "or at least not all of us" to the sentence. I didn't want to speak for everybody.

Mason

Oh, I know. I just wanted to state for the record that I do indeed think this is all garbage, LoL.

Irocgirl
Member Avatar

Were did you find out that Nick was the killer I find this so hard to believe.And why do they sent Nicole to jail I dont think she has balls to kill anyone. :popcorn:

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Mason
Oct 24 2008, 12:42 PM
Oh, I know. I just wanted to state for the record that I do indeed think this is all garbage, LoL.
It could turn into a good story, especially if they incorporate his family history. I know many would say that is coming out of left field too, but all it would take is once he's been arrested and the drug addiction is clear, calls are made to his mother and given Days job for stunt casting, have her temporary come to see her son.

Then you could have Julie, Maggie and/or Hope talk to his mom (special guest star) who worries how this could be a stepping stone to what happened to her. Nick overhears the discussion and freaks out as I'm sure he has no idea that his mom had SPD.

So Trent's murder could segway into a much bigger story that gives the Horton family as a whole something to do and setup Nick with a story in the future while also giving him an out of the murder.

Plus it would make me feel ten times better about Blake's future on the show. (And I like everything to be all about me, probably why I'm still open to a Chelsea/Nick relationship).

Mason

Do you really think they'll incorporate Jessica's history into this story, though? I don't think Jessica's even been mentioned once since Nick came to Salem.

I don't trust this to be anything more than a lame plot twist thrown in merely for shock value.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
Oct 24 2008, 12:42 PM
See, I kinda sorta agree with both sides. (LOL). In the hands of another "administration", this could be an awesome, ass-kicking, "bring Nick to the forefront and develop his character without writing him off" storyline. However, I think the fear is the possibility of Nick's character being massacred in the wrong writing hands. Fans of Blake Berris have wanted Nick to have a meaty storyline, but if it comes at the expense of his character, and in an out of nowhere method, then, yeah, it'll be garbage. The SPIRIT of the storyline could have immense possibilities, just like the autism storyline and a storyline for Nicole having a difficult pregnancy. However, the execution of the storyline might be an entirely different ball of wax.
I guess I'll have to go back to my "wait and see" attitude.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
Oct 25 2008, 11:44 AM
Do you really think they'll incorporate Jessica's history into this story, though? I don't think Jessica's even been mentioned once since Nick came to Salem.

I don't trust this to be anything more than a lame plot twist thrown in merely for shock value.
See, Mason, that's a possible excuse they can use out of nowhere, Jessica's history. In theory, it's a GREAT way to incorporate the past, BUT if they use it, they should have introduced it in other ways. Letters from Mom, phone calls (maybe from an institution. Where DID Jessica end up when she was written off?). I don't want this "mental case" Nick to come up first, and then have Jessica brought up. It would probably be too unsettling.

In a way, it's like OLTL's Lee Halpern story. For those folks like me who weren't watching 20 years ago, the Janet/Lee connection means squat. Shoot, I WATCHED Days when Jessica was on, and I still don't recall all the details, until it was brought up here. Then, it triggered my memory.

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

Drug dependency is not an excuse for murder even if the victim was a low life thug who tried to pimp out his own daughter.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Why? What if Nick was under the influence? I don't think he did it for the drug money. If he did, I'd really be surprised. That's why we should probably wait and see what happens.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

ElvisDiMera
Oct 25 2008, 03:00 PM
Drug dependency is not an excuse for murder even if the victim was a low life thug who tried to pimp out his own daughter.
Maybe in real life but this is soap. Remember that both Marlena and Kate shot at EJ but nothing happened to them. Lucas got off after a few months in prison. Stephanie and Chelsea got off with Ford after having him buried twice and Max only got community service.

It's gonna make me furious that the show decides for ONCE to punish the one guy who has tended to be more good then bad on his worst day into prison for killing a horrible guy WHILE he was under the influence of drugs.

Plus they could also try to do a mental illness. Someone else pointed out that they've already setup for this, Nick saying in the jailcell about his DUI he felt like it wasn't him.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

Dena has done mental illness stories before-Jess/tess..it started off great...I actually really like Tess and her romance with Nash, but somehow the dtoryline got ruin at some point.

Nick has the family history, it could also be a first for DOOL in a while. To actually bring back family history and using that for a storyline

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply