Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:November spoilers!; **UPDATED 10/29**
Topic Started: Oct 23 2008, 01:55 AM (9,252 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Wow...thanks Angie. I love this source LOL.

First off, I do have a concern about the Nick stuff. I hate to make any kind of assumption because alot will depend on how this plays out but anyway my concern is that they are throwing way too many excuses out there to make it not actually him who did this. By that I mean him in his right mind. First, it was drugs and now they are going the route of the mental illness, which appears related to the drugs he was taking but I digress. They should've just made it one or the other. It feels like too much. One thing that can be said is that I think Nick is going nowhere. No way would they go through the trouble of having him addicted to drugs and possibly having a mental condition if they didn't plan on keeping him. Plus, the way Melanie is treated...I can see it coming. It adds a whole other layer to the Chelsea/Nick/Melanie stuff.

I do want to say something because I can admit when I'm wrong...Drew, Tripp, etc...you were right. While I'm excited about the drama this will bring (to those wanting a big sweeps event of sorts, here you go), I can know acknowledge even without seeing it (although I reserve the right to change my mind depending on how things play) I can say that it seems the show did change gears (nothing new, eh?). I think someone else was to be the killer but things changed and they figured "Hey, why not Nick?" That way they could say it was a main character and such. Probably was something that came out of the transition. I bet the Scott outlines were going one day and the new regime ones were going another. You guys were right though so kudos. I hope you don't blame me for giving them the benefit of the doubt, as usual. I was hoping this was their idea from the start but I guess not.

Whatever the case, it does appear to be jarring but it doesn't matter to me. Blake will rock this and it provides some good drama which could lead to some great story. I love seeing Maggie, Bo, and Hope involved. Love Philip/Steph being together and I'm so happy the Jessica angle is mentioned, even if it seems like excuse overload. I know it's not really Melanie's fault but I like that everyone is even more against her afterwards because that is the way people treated Sami. They treated her unfairly all the time so it helps fans feel for the character.

I had suspected J&M's story would jumpstart a bit when Brady returned. I think December will be a big month for them. Just a feeling. Love the sound of things. If John kills the hit man, I wonder what that means for Sami. I suspect the hit man coming after Marlena will be a major turning point for the J&M story. It will definitely get it going again.

Maybe I'm wrong but didn't Nicole mention talking to Brady when she first returned? Nicole learned Victor's secret and threatened him with it when she first returned. Of course, that secret was that he was hiding Brady and I think I remember her mentioning talking to him and going off on Chloe about all the hell she put him through. Perhaps they made up then. Brady is the type who would forgive her anyway. I can buy his forgiveness of Nicole more then I can Chloe forgiving Nicole so easily.

This all sounds very good. If Nicole loses that baby, it would be interesting what her reaction would be to Stefano who is the reason EJ is out of town at the time. I guess we now know where John Callahan's character comes in.

I wonder where they are going with these Chloe/Daniel scenes. Chloe just ping pongs around and I don't get why. It seems like they keep changing their mind with her and who she should be with. Only thing I can think of is they want Phloe and are waiting to make sure Jay Johnson will resign before doing anything. We'll see.

All sounds good. Thanks Angie for the info!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

That's actually a cute picture of Nick.
Once again, thank you Angie, and thank you Angie's source :hail:

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

PhoenixRising05
Oct 29 2008, 10:27 PM

First off, I do have a concern about the Nick stuff. I hate to make any kind of assumption because alot will depend on how this plays out but anyway my concern is that they are throwing way too many excuses out there to make it not actually him who did this. By that I mean him in his right mind. First, it was drugs and now they are going the route of the mental illness, which appears related to the drugs he was taking but I digress. They should've just made it one or the other. It feels like too much. One thing that can be said is that I think Nick is going nowhere. No way would they go through the trouble of having him addicted to drugs and possibly having a mental condition if they didn't plan on keeping him. Plus, the way Melanie is treated...I can see it coming. It adds a whole other layer to the Chelsea/Nick/Melanie stuff.

I do want to say something because I can admit when I'm wrong...Drew, Tripp, etc...you were right. While I'm excited about the drama this will bring (to those wanting a big sweeps event of sorts, here you go), I can know acknowledge even without seeing it (although I reserve the right to change my mind depending on how things play) I can say that it seems the show did change gears (nothing new, eh?). I think someone else was to be the killer but things changed and they figured "Hey, why not Nick?" That way they could say it was a main character and such. Probably was something that came out of the transition. I bet the Scott outlines were going one day and the new regime ones were going another. You guys were right though so kudos. I hope you don't blame me for giving them the benefit of the doubt, as usual. I was hoping this was their idea from the start but I guess not.

Whatever the case, it does appear to be jarring but it doesn't matter to me. Blake will rock this and it provides some good drama which could lead to some great story. I love seeing Maggie, Bo, and Hope involved. Love Philip/Steph being together and I'm so happy the Jessica angle is mentioned, even if it seems like excuse overload. I know it's not really Melanie's fault but I like that everyone is even more against her afterwards because that is the way people treated Sami. They treated her unfairly all the time so it helps fans feel for the character.
Awwww, Phoenix, I never would blame you (unless you were writing it, LOL). No, I wish I could have such an optimistic view of the show as you have. I do agree also on the "too many excuses" but maybe it's more about the mental illness and not drug addiction. The mug shot actually gives me more hope that Nick is sticking around as it feels like we are gonna walk Nick "through the process" which should be good. Blake is gonna rock that no matter how WTFness of the story comes about.

I still don't see Mick carrying on...I have a feeling Melanie will have more anger towards Nick if after all this she's still seen as the bad person and not him. I know EJami came back from THE EVENT and in this case Nick's insanity could be a good excuse. It just depends on how far they take what he's doing with Melanie in Vegas.

I'm surprised Philip tagging along. I don't think I've ever seen a Nick/Philip scene ever. It's weird. I notice Max isn't lumped into the group of blaming Melanie so this might put him at odds with the Brady's if he still defends her (which is good). I do think Max and Nick's friendship will be tested as well.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Tripp
Oct 29 2008, 10:35 PM
PhoenixRising05
Oct 29 2008, 10:27 PM

Awwww, Phoenix, I never would blame you (unless you were writing it, LOL). No, I wish I could have such an optimistic view of the show as you have. I do agree also on the "too many excuses" but maybe it's more about the mental illness and not drug addiction. The mug shot actually gives me more hope that Nick is sticking around as it feels like we are gonna walk Nick "through the process" which should be good. Blake is gonna rock that no matter how WTFness of the story comes about.

I still don't see Mick carrying on...I have a feeling Melanie will have more anger towards Nick if after all this she's still seen as the bad person and not him. I know EJami came back from THE EVENT and in this case Nick's insanity could be a good excuse. It just depends on how far they take what he's doing with Melanie in Vegas.

I'm surprised Philip tagging along. I don't think I've ever seen a Nick/Philip scene ever. It's weird. I notice Max isn't lumped into the group of blaming Melanie so this might put him at odds with the Brady's if he still defends her (which is good). I do think Max and Nick's friendship will be tested as well.
I hope it's actually more mental illness too. I mean, the breakup with Chelsea, working all those hours on research, and so on. I mean, I can see how he would sink into a depression and maybe the murder made him snap. I'm curious to see how it plays. I hope they do stick with the process every step of the way because I think it will dramatic to watch all of this unfold.

I think Mick is still a possibility. I see Nick feeling guilty and defending Melanie. Everyone will turn on her, except Max, and if Nick killed Trent to save her and he wasn't in his right mind, then Mel will probably get over it if Nick remains by her side vehemently. That is why I see them still having hope.

I don't mind Philip being in that group because I want Philip/Stephanie LOL. Philip/Nick scenes should be interesting.

That mug shot does make Nick look like he's been through the ringer.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

PhoenixRising05
Oct 29 2008, 10:43 PM
I hope it's actually more mental illness too. I mean, the breakup with Chelsea, working all those hours on research, and so on. I mean, I can see how he would sink into a depression and maybe the murder made him snap. I'm curious to see how it plays. I hope they do stick with the process every step of the way because I think it will dramatic to watch all of this unfold.

I think Mick is still a possibility. I see Nick feeling guilty and defending Melanie. Everyone will turn on her, except Max, and if Nick killed Trent to save her and he wasn't in his right mind, then Mel will probably get over it if Nick remains by her side vehemently. That is why I see them still having hope.

I don't mind Philip being in that group because I want Philip/Stephanie LOL. Philip/Nick scenes should be interesting.

I keep forgetting to add, color me shocked but pleasantly happy they are bringing up Dan's history of getting involved with his patents. Of course, if Date is to be taken seriously, they have to confront it so good news there.

Good idea Phoenix on Nick defending Melanie in his usual Nick way (once he comes to his senses). I hope what they do is go back to the spring where us Nick fans felt he could have snapped what with Chelsea dumping him and then Max being a dick and "helping him" by changing crap behind his back. It's enough to give anyone an identity complex. You then have him lump his hope in this new girl who seems interested in him (for once) but the pain meds trigger a condition in him that he probably never knew existed. I'd love for the news of what Jessica went through to be a complete shock to him as I just don't see him knowing anything like that. It also would be great stuff for the Horton family. If they wanted to, they could do stunt casting and bring on Nick's mother Jessica for a short time with Nick confronting his mom about this and wondering why he was never told.

Many former Chick fans insist Chelsea doesn't deserve Nick so this could also be a means of having her "prove" she won't give up on Nick and push him to get through this. Given last year at this time, it would be a nice reversal of the Ford situation where Nick has to lean on Chelsea for emotional support as well as she being the one to get through to him.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Tripp
Oct 29 2008, 10:53 PM
PhoenixRising05
Oct 29 2008, 10:43 PM

I keep forgetting to add, color me shocked but pleasantly happy they are bringing up Dan's history of getting involved with his patents. Of course, if Date is to be taken seriously, they have to confront it so good news there.

Good idea Phoenix on Nick defending Melanie in his usual Nick way (once he comes to his senses). I hope what they do is go back to the spring where us Nick fans felt he could have snapped what with Chelsea dumping him and then Max being a dick and "helping him" by changing crap behind his back. It's enough to give anyone an identity complex. You then have him lump his hope in this new girl who seems interested in him (for once) but the pain meds trigger a condition in him that he probably never knew existed. I'd love for the news of what Jessica went through to be a complete shock to him as I just don't see him knowing anything like that. It also would be great stuff for the Horton family. If they wanted to, they could do stunt casting and bring on Nick's mother Jessica for a short time with Nick confronting his mom about this and wondering why he was never told.

Many former Chick fans insist Chelsea doesn't deserve Nick so this could also be a means of having her "prove" she won't give up on Nick and push him to get through this. Given last year at this time, it would be a nice reversal of the Ford situation where Nick has to lean on Chelsea for emotional support as well as she being the one to get through to him.

Exactly. Enough happened to put Nick in a precarious state and I can see the murder being the straw that broke the camel's back. I would love for them to bring on Jessica too. That would be a nice touch.

I would be shocked if we don't at least get Nick defending Melanie. The minute he comes to his senses and realizes what happened, he will feel so guilty and do whatever it takes to make it up to her. That is what will probably bond him and Chelsea will be at war with that and Melanie. It will make for an interesting dynamic,

I, too, am happy they are focusing on Daniel's past. I'm glad his backstory wasn't just something to further Chan at the time. It's still furthering the Daniel character, as it should be.

naley12
Member Avatar

Tripp
Oct 29 2008, 09:31 PM
So "its too late for Nick". It does sound like they are seting up for mental illness though they have arrested him (which they would). Right now I'm gonna hope Blake isn't going anywhere.

But this is all sounding so insane and if they don't start giving us more clues and setup, I'm gonna be pissed as hell.
I am with you I FLOVE Nick and I want to know what is going to happen!!! :soapbox:

jane1978

I really LOVE the Nick/Melanie stuff. Itīs creepy, itīs campy, itīs great sweeps stuff. I donīt mind they are not giving enough signs before, because we will no doubt see everything what really happened later through flashbacks. But this all sounds like a classic thriller stuff and Corday was right this time, because without spoilers it would came as a totall shock.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm excited for this Nick stuff, glad they are using his mother's history as apart of the story...Sounds exciting..
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Charmqn
Member Avatar

Glad to see Phillip/stephanie/chelsea back Nick up

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

It's too bad that Nick is being kicked around like this, mental illness in the family or no. He was brought on as a genius and able to figure out anything in a heartbeat and this would never happen to that sort of person. He would figure out what was going on with himself and fix it. I hated the Willow stuff with him, too. Poor use of a character who started out so well. Making him mentally ill due to drug use may be legitimate, but I think they are two different things. A person can be mentally ill wiithout drug use at all. Drugs can make a person appear to be mentally ill, but it's the drugs, not the disease. I would love to see the real Nick Fallon return.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

I know that, but I am glad they are bringing family history into it...maybe nick can get out of jail time with the mental illness

Elegance

Yuck. The Ecoli stuf is disgusting.

I'm done with this show.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Mason
Oct 29 2008, 09:41 PM
I'll give them credit for mentioning Jessica, because never in a million years did I think they would. But everything else? Not a chance. Total character assassination, and for what?
The plot.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

The Nick storyline is the only storyline I am looking forward, if they do this right and this is not an exit story for Nick. Nick is very connected with the Horton family and really deserves a great family.

well on Thursday CDN show...we see Nick pop some pills, and in the preview for tomorrow, Nick and Chelsea get into a yelling match

Got to thank someone who pointed this out:

Just as an FYI and a reason to hope that Nick's storyline might go somewhere -- Gary Tomlin was HW or Co-HW of Days in the early '80's. So, he had to have been directly involved in Jessica's storyline. That hopefully means he's familiar with that history and might just be willing to use it.
Edited by Charmqn, Oct 30 2008, 07:50 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

DaysFanJean
Oct 30 2008, 06:36 AM
It's too bad that Nick is being kicked around like this, mental illness in the family or no. He was brought on as a genius and able to figure out anything in a heartbeat and this would never happen to that sort of person. He would figure out what was going on with himself and fix it. I hated the Willow stuff with him, too. Poor use of a character who started out so well. Making him mentally ill due to drug use may be legitimate, but I think they are two different things. A person can be mentally ill wiithout drug use at all. Drugs can make a person appear to be mentally ill, but it's the drugs, not the disease. I would love to see the real Nick Fallon return.
Are you saying geniuses can't have mental illnesses? Van Gogh, anyone? Sometimes geniuses might be MORE inclined towards mental illness. They probably have enormous pressures of performance that we can't even comprehend. Just because someone is uber smart doesn't mean they have the emotional mental capacity to handle it.

Plus, if I understand it correctly, schizophrenia often first starts to show in the early 20's, when there might not have been any signs of it previously. Not to depress you, Tripp (love ya, girl!), but just making a point. He has no diagnosis obviously yet, but.....
Edited by ladyofthelake, Oct 31 2008, 05:48 PM.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

ladyofthelake
Oct 31 2008, 05:46 PM
DaysFanJean
Are you saying geniuses can't have mental illnesses? Van Gogh, anyone? Sometimes geniuses might be MORE inclined towards mental illness. They probably have enormous pressures of performance that we can't even comprehend. Just because someone is uber smart doesn't mean they have the emotional mental capacity to handle it.

Plus, if I understand it correctly, schizophrenia often first starts to show in the early 20's, when there might not have been any signs of it previously. Not to depress you, Tripp (love ya, girl!), but just making a point. He has no diagnosis obviously yet, but.....
LOL that wouldn't depress me. I always thought NIck was quite similar to Robert Goren on CI who had the fear of developing schizophrenia because his mother had it. Initially I would have written for Nick to be confronted with his mother's illness in a jolt sort of way as I presumed he was never told, then realize it would be something he could develop as well.

I could imagine to a guy like Nick that the one thing that has given him the edge over others could be his biggest liability would be quite a shock.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Tripp
Oct 31 2008, 09:23 PM
ladyofthelake
Oct 31 2008, 05:46 PM
DaysFanJean

LOL that wouldn't depress me. I always thought NIck was quite similar to Robert Goren on CI who had the fear of developing schizophrenia because his mother had it. Initially I would have written for Nick to be confronted with his mother's illness in a jolt sort of way as I presumed he was never told, then realize it would be something he could develop as well.

I could imagine to a guy like Nick that the one thing that has given him the edge over others could be his biggest liability would be quite a shock.
It took me a while to start watching Criminal Intent because Goren was so geniusly disturbed, but I really enjoy him now.

Nicole Walker

I guess EJ will be working with Stephano again. I don't get it. He doesn't want Steffy around his kids but he lives in house and works for him. LOL.

EJole
Member Avatar
BANNED

WHEN ARE NICOLE AND EJ MAKING LOVE?!! IT'S SO ANNOYING, THAT I DON'T KNOW IT. (The video said, Big November spoiler, 11/3/ weekly promo) So it means next week!! CAN'T WAIT!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply