Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: A closer look, Rafe
Topic Started: Oct 23 2008, 07:39 AM (1,541 Views)
Jonatha

Please link to DR:

After making mincemeat out of her first two bodyguards, Sami gets a third this week and finally meets her match. Galen Gering (ex-Luis, Passions) fills us in on the new man in the Salem spitfire's life.

SOW: Sami's first bodyguard is reassigned, and then she drugs her second one. How does Rafe arrive on the scene?

GG: Rafe goes to the safe house to show Sami some mug shots, since she's witnessed a murder. When he contacts her guard, Hilda, and she doesn't answer the phone he has to consider something has gone wrong.

SOW: So Rafe approaches the place expecting the worst?

GG: He comes in with his guns drawn, because he thinks the safe house has been compromised. She's freaking out; "Don't shoot me! Don't kill me, I don't want to die." Then she turns around and he realizes she is Samantha Brady.

SOW: Rafe still realizes something is amiss. Does he check out the situation with Hilda?

GG: Yes. First of all, Rafe finds Hilda asleep, which is weird. Sami starts telling Rafe she was drinking, again, weird. Rafe finds Hilda's phone is set on vibrate, which isn't protocol. And Sami's acting a little sketchy. All these things add up. He starts investigating a little further and finds a residue in the bottom of Hilda's cup. Obviously, she's been drugged. It's the domino effect from there.

SOW: Rafe realizes Sami is responsible. Does he read her the riot act?

GG: Definitely. Sami's not only been jeopardizing her life, but Hilda's life, as well. If Rafe was the killer, they'd both be dead. It's really not something to be taken lightly.

SOW: Is Sami her usual feisty self? Fighting back?

GG: Yeah. She has her own reasons for having drugged Hilda, none of which make any sense to Rafe. He calls his superiors to let them know what's happened so they can send someone else "to protect Sami." They tell Rafe he's going to be staying. Rafe is like, "What do you mean? I'm outta here."

SOW: How is Rafe feeling about having to guard this woman, who he can see is hell on wheels?

GG: Not good. Rafe's got bigger fish to fry. He's been working on a new case for two years. Then, his buddy, who he's been working with, calls and says, "Hey! We cracked the case. This guy has been arrested." Rafe is like, "Are you kidding me?" He's stuck babysitting this girl when this huge case has been broken.

SOW: Do you think Rafe can keep Sami in line?

GG: No question. He lets her know that no nonsense will be taken whatsoever. Sami's definitely met her match in Rafe.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Thanks Jonny! This should be interesting.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting. It's so weird seeing Galen givng 'a closer look' interview for Days.

This whole thing sounds rather contrived.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Dejavu,on PASSIONS didn't Galens character Luis fall for Sheridan when he was protecting her.Sounds interesting.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Yay!! They are calling him Rafe. I like that.

This sounds good. More fiery Sami and I really think Galen will be in his element with this material.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm getting excited about this story. I really hope Gerring and Sweeney have chemistry.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Jonatha
Oct 23 2008, 07:39 AM
She has her own reasons for having drugged Hilda, none of which make any sense to Rafe.
LOL! I bet they won't make sense to me either.

However, this does sound semi-interesting and finally getting Sami out of EJ's and Lucas's lives, even if temporarily, with a new guy, might make me like Sami again at least a little bit.

cjknick
Member Avatar

This gets a big who cares from me ... just seems like it's a whole lot of beef cake to display! Because if Sami is wearing his shirt my guess is he is shirtless...

But thanks for posting ...
Edited by cjknick, Oct 23 2008, 11:01 AM.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm going to give this story a chance..mainly because its something different from the Ejami/Lumi wars..

Alligato
Member Avatar

^ Not really. The EJamis are pissed, Lumis are pissed and now we can add the Rafmis to it.

I am trying my hardest to wait until this guy is on before I judge him, but Kenny sent me that clip about Luis and Sheridan and GG wasn't that good. Kind of looked like a goof ball and acting wasn't much.

I really don't want Sami and Rafe to have much chemistry mostly because I am so tired of all these guys wanting her. She ain't all that!

Jonatha

Alligato
Oct 23 2008, 02:09 PM
^ Not really. The EJamis are pissed, Lumis are pissed and now we can add the Rafmis to it.

I am trying my hardest to wait until this guy is on before I judge him, but Kenny sent me that clip about Luis and Sheridan and GG wasn't that good. Kind of looked like a goof ball and acting wasn't much.

I really don't want Sami and Rafe to have much chemistry mostly because I am so tired of all these guys wanting her. She ain't all that!
"She ain't all that." That is funny, Alligato, and well said. :wave:

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

sami does something that makes no sense? big shocker there. i see no purpose of this storyline unless lucas or ej back off of sami big-time. the woman does not need or deserve three men pining away over her.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Alligato

More fanbases...... :(

ITA with the "She ain't all that!" opinion.....

Now I see what people mean concerning GH when they complain about Lulu having all the men after her, especially when it means dumbing down, tarnishing, and even sacrificing male characters just to prop these gals.....

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

luvpumpkns
Oct 23 2008, 02:21 PM
sami does something that makes no sense? big shocker there. i see no purpose of this storyline unless lucas or ej back off of sami big-time. the woman does not need or deserve three men pining away over her.
I so agree, although I don't feel like either Lucas or EJ is pining for her. Lucas isn't even written that way and BD isn't acting it like that, and while I guess I'm supposed to think EJ is pining for his Samanther JS isn't selling it at all. So if GG does have chem with AS that will be the first time in months I've felt like any man wanted Sami.

cjknick
Member Avatar

This whole storyline baffles me and seems like it is ill timed They should have saved it for later when Ali was really on maternity leave. Pre-taped and saved. It sounds like it will only be scenes with Sami and this Rafe guy so it would be easily pretaped and shown while other stuff is going on in Salem.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

Paxton
Oct 23 2008, 02:27 PM
luvpumpkns
Oct 23 2008, 02:21 PM
I so agree, although I don't feel like either Lucas or EJ is pining for her. Lucas isn't even written that way and BD isn't acting it like that, and while I guess I'm supposed to think EJ is pining for his Samanther JS isn't selling it at all. So if GG does have chem with AS that will be the first time in months I've felt like any man wanted Sami.
yeah, i see what you are saying. i guess what i really mean is that both lucas and ej rush after sami at the drop of a hat...all she has to do is beckon with one little pinkie and the two of them make a mad dash to see who can 'be there' for her first. now we have a third guy that looks like he is shaping up to play that same role.

Nicole Walker

Sami never makes sense that's why I have a hard time believing guys would trip over her, she's really an idiot at heart.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Alligato

Ahhhh, this post so deserves a......

:hail: :hail:

Nicole Walker

Wait a minute, where the hail does Sami get drugs from?

Alligato
Member Avatar

^ she swiped them from Nick...LOL!!!

I agree, luvpumkins. It still baffles me that these guys, EJ and Lucas, who really haven't shown much love for Sami, will drop their women to the point where Lucas dismounts Chloe in the middle of nookie to go save Sami.

And Sami has EJ, Marlena, Roman, John, etc. at the cabin at her beck and call, but feels the need to call Lucas to tell her that she was shot at and to come back to the cabin? And he runs off to be with her? Really? Is she THAT important to him? And him to her?

So yes, I am sick of all these guys who are fawning over this melodramatic, self centered, bipolar ditz.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply