Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: David Lago to GH; **Updated 10/24**
Topic Started: Oct 23 2008, 12:14 PM (611 Views)
ljacks13
Member Avatar

SOW

Rumors are heating up that former The Young and The Restless star David Lago (ex-Raul) has snagged the coveted role of Sonny' son Dante on GH. Readers may remember Lago for his offbeat Emmy acceptance speech in 2005, in which he quoted Christopher Walken from 2002 film Catch Me if You Can. a rep for the show gave the requisite "No comment."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lots of speculation and one Tom Pelphrey rumor later, David Lago (ex-Raul, Young and the Restless) has been cast as Sonny (Maurice Benard) and Olivia's (Lisa LoCicero) son Dante on General Hospital. Nelson Branco has the news in his latest Suds Report.

According to SPOILERS, Dante SHOULD appear towards the end of Sweeps

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bellcurve
Member Avatar

I was really, REALLY hoping Tom Pelphrey would swallow that Primetime and Film Pride of his and took Techner up on his offer.

Pelphrey on GH would have been great for the show and most GH fans who aren't familiar with Pelphrey's work would have loved him.

I'm just not a huge David Lago fan, but maybe this role will bring out the best in him as an actor.
Edited by bellcurve, Oct 23 2008, 12:25 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Love Lago. He really is talented and I could totally see him as Sonny's son, more so than Pelphrey.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^I agree. He fits the role better and he's an underrated actor IMO.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

The kid's got talent to spare and it sounds like good casting. I never saw the controversial emmy speech but I couldn't blame him for being a little bitter at the way he was treated at Y&R towards the end of his run.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Does Daytime Confidential have independent confirmation of this because it sounds like they basing it on the Suds Report. :shrug:

I know that Lago has been offered the role of Dante.

jcar03
Member Avatar

The Suds reports says that SOW CLAIMS the David Lago is coming on as Dante. Doesn't confirm it.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

As of last week, they were still casting the role. Maybe they have since decided to go with Lago?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply