Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Tricia Cast (Nina) Returns!
Topic Started: Oct 23 2008, 11:01 PM (1,516 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Michael Fairman Soaps

Reliable sources have told me that the "Y&R" cast had been working overtime as part of the Katherine doppleganger storyline. Seems as part of November sweeps, many former and current cast members attend the funeral of Genoa City's most beloved citizen, Katherine Chancellor (Or is it Marge or staged?).

The scenes were told to include a true cast ensemble of 38, including a return from Tricia Cast as Nina! Also in attendance: Beau Kayzer (Brock), Marla Adams (Dina), (Liz), Beth Maitland (Tracy) and Michael Damian (Danny). Stay tuned for more details forthcoming.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

People are going to shit their pants.
Quote Post Goto Top

a2sassy
Member Avatar

Amello
Oct 23 2008, 11:04 PM
People are going to shit their pants.
It's already started because when I saw Nina, I was over the moon. And while I'm HELLA excited to see Nina again, the shocker was DINA coming back. That's one I didn't expect.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

FABULOUS NEWS! Tricia Cast was truly a find and one of the greatest actresses that's ever graced Y&R. I only wish her return would be permanent though, she should be a full-time character again. I could watch this woman read the phonebook, she's just that great.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I've missed Nina so much!

Tricia Cast is such an awesome actress. Y&R hasn't felt the same without her. She kept the show... what's the word... grounded?

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

I'll love seeing Dina again. But I NEVER thought they'd bring Nina back with the mess LML made of PhillipIII/ Cane and the reverse SORASING. I get a headache just trying to get that straight in my head. I guess LITTLE PHILLIP will be LITTLE again. I doubt Penn Badgley will take time off from GOSSIP GIRL to play Phillip IV, ESPECIALLY if Nina's son is a twelve year old again. :huh:

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

No matter HOW they do this it will be AWESOME to have Nina and Tricia Cast back on Y&R!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Can someone quickly fill me in on Dina.
Quote Post Goto Top

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Amello
Oct 23 2008, 11:21 PM
She's Jack, Ashley, and Traci's mother. She was also a close friend of Katherine's.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Y&RWorldTurner
Oct 23 2008, 11:24 PM
Amello
She's Jack, Ashley, and Traci's mother. She was also a close friend of Katherine's.
Does she know John wasn't Ashley's father?
Quote Post Goto Top

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Amello
Oct 23 2008, 11:33 PM
Y&RWorldTurner
Oct 23 2008, 11:24 PM
Amello
Doe she know John wasn't Ashley's father?
Yes.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

She was the first wife of John and the mother of Jack, Ashley and Traci. She took off when Jack was a teen after bashing in the brains of her lover, golf pro Brent Davis. She had been trysting with the guy at the country club for years and he was Ashley's bio-dad. When he wanted to make that public, Dina cracked him over the head with a golf club. Then she took off for years. While abroad, she married a French cosmetics magnate, Marcel Mergeron who passed away after marrying Dina. She came back to GC as Madame Mergeron to buy Jabot shortly after Jill married John. Ashley was stunned to learn the truth about her paternity and was horrified when an ailing Brent tried to establish a relationship before he died. John died never knowing that Ashley was not really his daughter. Very few people know the truth but Jack used the info to blackmail Ashley into stepping aside as Jabot VP. Victor and Kay know the truth also. Dina came and went a few times and John almost remarried her after she gave him a bogus story about having been in a sanitarium with tuberculosis. Jill uncovered the truth and broke up the wedding. Dina had really blown her fortune on younger men and was never ill. Dina was a good friend of Kay's. John eventually forgave Dina for her infidelity when he remembered his own long ago affair with his secretary Audrey. But they never could get it together and she was last seen on a plane heading to Europe. Ashley and especially Traci want nothing to do with Dina since she abandonded them as children but Jack still feels close to his mother and she even invited him to come live with her when he was a teen.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Wow. People have wanted this for years. Nina was already gone before I became a true Y&R fan, but I do remember Nina when I was growing up and my mother would be watching Y&R.

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

God, I'm so ticked that John didn't get something of this caliber. But I'm still THRILLED that these characters, minus Danny, are returning. Everyone in GC should be there for Katherine's "funeral."

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Oops I posted this in the spoilers section since it had spoilers in it.....

Anyway this is great but I'm saddened to see no mention of Mac being at the funeral......

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

I think Mac will be there, but he was just trying to promote the more "heavy hitters."

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Wow...so many great names, some I never expected to see.

Kudos to Y&R. I LOVE Cast. I really do hope she sticks around longer. They could use her.

Y&R needed something to wake it back up and this will do it, along with the Paris story. Very excited about this.

Steve Frame
Member Avatar

I will be so glad to see Beau Kayzer again. He was one of my first soap crushes. Man Y&R in the 70's was the HUNK Show. They had Tom Hallick, William Gray Espy, Beau Kayzer, Brian Kerwin, James Houghton, David Hasselhoff and all of them were often seen shirtless. Beau Kayzer had the nicest hairy chest. I remember he was part of the first soap outing at Opryland in Nashville back in the 70's. Nick Benedict from AMC was there; Bill & Susan Hayes from Days; Beau Kayzer and Victoria Mallory from Y&R; and I don't remember who else. Nick Benedict and Beau Kayzer were urged to get shirtless and did for the crowd. Then of course Beau Kayzer and Victoria Mallory had to demonstrate kissing for the audience. Y&R had been the one to introduce open mouthed kissing to soaps.

Brock is probably one of the most underused characters to be a long running character on Y&R ever. He was on for so many years but other than serious romances with Jill and then later Julia Newman (very short) he really never had much to do.

NavJLee8785
Member Avatar
Always the Panic Spreader

Unless it was AshBash, I don't want Mac there at this funeral. I know that is callous but.....on a happier note, I am SOOOOO happy to see Tricia Cast back, even if it is not a permanent stay! I loved her as Nina, and was watching Nina clips on YouTube a few days ago! Her and Jill and their rivalry was amazing!

darraholic
Member Avatar

AMAZING! Nina is my all time favorite Y&R character. It's a damn shame no other soap has snatched up Tricia Cast. She's such a great actress.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply