Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Tricia Cast (Nina) Returns!
Topic Started: Oct 23 2008, 11:01 PM (1,517 Views)
Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Steve Frame
Oct 24 2008, 09:51 AM
I will be so glad to see Beau Kayzer again. He was one of my first soap crushes. Man Y&R in the 70's was the HUNK Show. They had Tom Hallick, William Gray Espy, Beau Kayzer, Brian Kerwin, James Houghton, David Hasselhoff and all of them were often seen shirtless. Beau Kayzer had the nicest hairy chest. I remember he was part of the first soap outing at Opryland in Nashville back in the 70's. Nick Benedict from AMC was there; Bill & Susan Hayes from Days; Beau Kayzer and Victoria Mallory from Y&R; and I don't remember who else. Nick Benedict and Beau Kayzer were urged to get shirtless and did for the crowd. Then of course Beau Kayzer and Victoria Mallory had to demonstrate kissing for the audience. Y&R had been the one to introduce open mouthed kissing to soaps.

Brock is probably one of the most underused characters to be a long running character on Y&R ever. He was on for so many years but other than serious romances with Jill and then later Julia Newman (very short) he really never had much to do.
I agree. Brock was wasted back in the '70's and his "marriage" and romance with Jill was strangely platonic which is a GOOD thing given the ridiculous rewrite of history making them half-siblings. Brock was curiously sexless back then and probably proposed to 90 per cent of the female characters at one time or another. Every time one of them went through a crisis, a rape or a depression, the "Preacher" would turn up at their door and attempt to boost their self esteem by asking them to marry him. I remember him doing that with Leslie, Peggy and Joanne. The Jill thing was partly in that vein but Kay had also just bribed Brock with a huge amount of money to seduce Jill away from Phillip. He turned down the money but he DID propose and then performed the "ceremony" himself. He had been smitten with Jill for a long time though and he regularly sang to her while strumming his guitar. Just when it seemed he WAS going to have a romance with Julia, BK bolted and they used Nick Benedict's Michael Scott in his place. I always thought they wasted him when he came back to meet Mac too. Jill was all over him and it would have added another dimension to her cruelty towards Mac to have her involved with Brock. I STILL think it should have been revealed that Amanda lied about Mac's paternity. That would have cleared the way for Mac and Billy to reunite. It wasn't like Amanda was ABOVE that sort of thing.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

NavJLee8785
Oct 24 2008, 09:56 AM
Unless it was AshBash, I don't want Mac there at this funeral. I know that is callous but.....on a happier note, I am SOOOOO happy to see Tricia Cast back, even if it is not a permanent stay! I loved her as Nina, and was watching Nina clips on YouTube a few days ago! Her and Jill and their rivalry was amazing!
I don't think it sounds callous at ALL. AB WAS Mac and there was so much potential there. Even if she and Billy were proved NOT to be related at this point it would be strange to see Mac with THIS version of Billy who has morphed into a mini-Jack. If Mac comes home for this event, it NEEDS to be Ashley IMO!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

darraholic
Oct 24 2008, 09:58 AM
AMAZING! Nina is my all time favorite Y&R character. It's a damn shame no other soap has snatched up Tricia Cast. She's such a great actress.
Nina evolved some over the years but she still kept some of that "street" attitude much like Drucilla did. I loved her scene with Ashley Jones as Megan when Nina went to the Dennison's to confront Tricia. After listening to Megan's tirade, Nina just said "Wow! For such a little girl, you have a really big MOUTH!" or words to that effect. I loved Nina and strained relations with Jill AND Katherine. I loved her blasting Kay for her early horrible treatment shortly before the character left town. They need to find a way to get Cast AND Nina back for good.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply