Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Audio Interview with Bryan Dattillo...
Topic Started: Oct 24 2008, 07:24 AM (828 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Daytime Confidential: Dattillo Interview

Great interview!

He talks about going up on stage when "General Hospital" won the Emmy, he talks about Louise Sorel and he also talks about the passing of JER.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

I never listen to stuff like this because I don't have the time to sit and listen, but while i had my coffee, I thought I would listen to BD spew about his stuff....and it was a good listen.

Glad he refuted Nelson's take on him leaving, but am sorry that he is having a slow time with his story, especially with the new guys coming on.
Too cute that he has a hard time with pleasing his fans and the Lumis, and isn't sure what to want for his character. I bet it is hard for him being pulled in so many directions.

Also, he just seems like a really nice guy who is down to earth and knows how to have a good time.
And too funny that he shares our opinion on how perfect Brandon Beemer and Nadia Bjorlin are in all of their pictures. Seems like a really nice guy.

I hope his story picks up, I hope he can return to his glory days like in the 90s, and so glad that he mentioned Louise Sorel and Ivan and how much fun it was to have them on.

I am always perplexed as to why Days goes through all the trouble to bring back some characters, but never mentions Vivian. I can't think of one fan who didn't love Vivian and her crazy antics. And now we have John and Stefano back, Vivian would be so much fun. Hell, I'd sacrifice Bope and Payla for some Vivian and Ivan.

Thanks for sharing Kenny!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

That's so neat. I, too, am glad he brought to light the "Bryan leaving" rumors. Good for him!

jane1978

Alligato
Oct 24 2008, 08:33 AM
I hope his story picks up, I hope he can return to his glory days like in the 90s, and so glad that he mentioned Louise Sorel and Ivan and how much fun it was to have them on.
This is nothing against BD, but when exactly he had glory days storywise in the 90īs. All I remember is him being the sidekick/confidant to Sami.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I used to watch in the 90s, and I didn't remember him much other than Sami's sidekick in the 90s, but the two hosts seem to talk about his glory days in the 90s and the Carrie/Austin/Lucas/Sami triangle that dominated and all the other soaps tried to follow because it was such a big draw, and BD talked about all those scenes with Vivian and Ivan...and honestly, I don't remember BD and Vivian in too many scenes.

But I was taking them at their word.

BD said that he did his best work and had his best material in the 90s...and I was hoping they would be more specific...but not really.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I think 1998 was a pretty good year for Bryan as an actor. That's when Lucas started to have drinking problems, Sami accused him of hitting Will, he shot Franco, he kidnaped Will and they were in a car crash.

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Oct 24 2008, 06:08 PM
I think 1998 was a pretty good year for Bryan as an actor. That's when Lucas started to have drinking problems, Sami accused him of hitting Will, he shot Franco, he kidnaped Will and they were in a car crash.
Wasn't that Sally Sussman Morina and not JER though?

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

What did he say about JER?

Sindacco
Member Avatar

ElvisDiMera
Oct 25 2008, 07:06 PM
Sindacco
Oct 24 2008, 06:08 PM
Wasn't that Sally Sussman Morina and not JER though?
Yes but I thought they were talking more in general about his glory days in the 90s and not just when JER wrote. I personally never liked the writing for Lucas when JER wrote, especially not during his second tenure. They were also talking about the Will Doll and Lucas dressed as a surfer dude but that was Langan's stuff.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I agree, Sindacco. 1998 was his best year.

I would also say 2001 was too. He left in March but his last month or so of performances were his best IMO. he had to sign custody of Will over to Sami and the way he just fell off the wagon after that was so heartbreaking. I still recall his sneaking into Will's bedroom to say goodbye to him as he was leaving town the night of the Kiriakis mansion fire. Langan wrote all that though but it was really good.

This was a nice interview. Bryan is always entertaining.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Oct 27 2008, 02:25 AM.

Days4Life

Alligato
Oct 24 2008, 06:01 PM
I used to watch in the 90s, and I didn't remember him much other than Sami's sidekick in the 90s, but the two hosts seem to talk about his glory days in the 90s and the Carrie/Austin/Lucas/Sami triangle that dominated and all the other soaps tried to follow because it was such a big draw, and BD talked about all those scenes with Vivian and Ivan...and honestly, I don't remember BD and Vivian in too many scenes.

I don't remember him having scenes with Vivian and Ivan either. Whatever it was, it didn't make much of an impact, at least on me! As for his glory years, the Carrie/Austin/Sami triangle was a good story but I always considered it just that--a triangle. Lucas was the guy Sami schemed with, confided in, used for some of her dirty work and you always knew he had a thing for Carrie (one of the main reasons I always hated Lumi was that he really wanted Carrie, the "perfect" sister), but I never considered him a part of the actual geometrical shape. He was a sidekick. However, I do agree the late 90s was the best writing for BD and the character of Lucas.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply