Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Galen in preview shirtless already; ;) Promo for wk of 10/27
Topic Started: Oct 24 2008, 11:19 PM (3,437 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Tripp
Oct 25 2008, 08:07 PM
Rakesh198
Oct 25 2008, 08:05 PM
Tripp
Oct 25 2008, 08:02 PM
Rakesh198
Oct 25 2008, 07:58 PM
Tripp
Oct 25 2008, 07:49 PM

But I reserve the right to hate him forever if Blake is leaving. (Hypocritical as always).
huh?
Just that they fire one actor who may be unconventional looking but actually can act while they hire someone who many insist can't act his way out of a paper bag.
So Blake is leaving?
I didn't say that. We don't know that. It's just with spoilers coming out, they COULD write him out. That's all.

It was a bad joke. Sorry, I was trying to be funny. Clearly I failed.
I knew what you meant and I agree.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

darraholic
Oct 25 2008, 10:19 PM
If we must be subjected to endless shirtless hunks then I demand a shirtless Chloe scene damn it.
I think she's come as close as she's legally allowed to.

One careless bend over and the girls are toppling out.

jeanneshuis
Member Avatar

i love galen and eric what ever show they are on i am fan

basing a opinion of either one because of passions is not fair
so many disliked passions in general
lets remember days writers are different
and i hope they will write rafe & brady much better however i loved luis esp his tender loving side 80% of that was due to galen's performance jer did
write awesome stuff for galen and mckenzie the first 2 yrs than he
just stopped caring about SHUIS

not sure any of you watched it but
in summer 2001 when the boat blew up in bermuda was the end of how
jer wrote his shuis love story

most shuis die hards would agree

i am thrilled i get to continue watching 2 of my fav soap actors

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

jeanneshuis
Oct 26 2008, 10:19 AM
i love galen and eric what ever show they are on i am fan

basing a opinion of either one because of passions is not fair
so many disliked passions in general
lets remember days writers are different
and i hope they will write rafe & brady much better however i loved luis esp his tender loving side 80% of that was due to galen's performance jer did
write awesome stuff for galen and mckenzie the first 2 yrs than he
just stopped caring about SHUIS

not sure any of you watched it but
in summer 2001 when the boat blew up in bermuda was the end of how
jer wrote his shuis love story

most shuis die hards would agree

i am thrilled i get to continue watching 2 of my fav soap actors

But the people who aren't Shuis die-hards want to judge for themselves, and are entitled to their own opinions as to whether they like this guy's acting or not. I do not want this actor shoved down my throat or be made to feel guilty if I don't like him. And, if I end up liking him, I'll say so. Just my own two cents' worth.

jeanneshuis
Member Avatar

of course everyone should judge for them selves that goes for any thing in life ;)
i am just saying that there seems to be
a lot of days fans that have a pre judged
galen and eric because of what they seen or did not see on passions
i do believe both guys will pleasantly
surprise the doubtful ones

i think most of us have watched soaps
for years my self 38 years started
at age 8 edge of night secret storm
amc and so on with that have seen
actors bounce from one show to another
i love that soap actors can do that

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

darraholic
Oct 25 2008, 10:19 PM
If we must be subjected to endless shirtless hunks then I demand a shirtless Chloe scene damn it.
That would be nice. ;)

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

jeanneshuis
Oct 26 2008, 01:53 PM
of course everyone should judge for them selves that goes for any thing in life ;)
i am just saying that there seems to be
a lot of days fans that have a pre judged
galen and eric because of what they seen or did not see on passions
i do believe both guys will pleasantly
surprise the doubtful ones

i think most of us have watched soaps
for years my self 38 years started
at age 8 edge of night secret storm
amc and so on with that have seen
actors bounce from one show to another
i love that soap actors can do that
Well, you're entitled to your opinion. I'm entitled to wait and see for myself. BUT, I hope that (if I don't like them), those who don't aren't bashed for "not giving them a chance" once they air.
I personally cannot get so wrapped up in an actor that it's the end of my world if someone expresses an opposite opinion. It's just not that important to me.
I don't care how many years one has spent watching soaps. I remember Days since Maggie's red shoes, and it's still not that big of a deal.
I'm a Farah Fath fan, and I see her getting bashed CONSTANTLY on boards, ever since her Mimi days. Now she's getting bashed by some as Gigi. That's their input on it. I can't condemn them just because their opinion doesn't mesh with mine. And, I will admit Farah's not the world's greatest actress, and I will admit when I feel she needs to show some acting strength in areas. It's called being objective.
I also can't get wrapped up in one actor. There are just too many good things in this world to risk becoming singularly-minded on things.....
Now, in POLITICS or EDUCATION, it's a different story..... :P ;) :D JK.
And, really, soap actors aren't the only actors that bounce around from show to show. I really don't see how that pertains to the discussion at hand. Actors need work like everyone else, period. They either bounce to shows, or to movies, or to the stage.

Drew
Member Avatar

Only on NBC would the bodyguard be half naked!

jeanneshuis
Member Avatar

i like farah as well i enjoy her as gigi rex and gigi are hot :)
i also have met her she is very sweet
same goes for austin peck and juile pinson sweet in person
i am enjoying them more on astwt than i did on days
i never bash any actor / character if i do not like some one i just dont' post about them
would rather post on who i do like to watch
Posted Image
Posted Image

we all come on here and other boards to talk about what ever soap etc we love to watch whether we
argee or not its all about FUN :)

Edited by jeanneshuis, Oct 26 2008, 05:49 PM.

Mason

I was a fan of PASSIONS and I still think Martsolf and Gering blow chunks...and I watched basically the entire run, so I'm not just basing my opinion on a few scenes either.
Edited by Mason, Oct 26 2008, 08:56 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Well, I'm excited about this.

I didn't like the promo. It didn't really have enough energy. However, Galen looks good and it's hard to make any judgment on a few lines in a promo. I do see some chemistry.

And so what if it's similar to Shuis? You know how many soup couples started with similar dynamics? For example, Roman and Marlena started the same way. It's classic soap. Hell, with any new romance or couple, you can compare them to the story of a past couple or romance. Soaps have been around for years. I doubt there is much they can do that is new and different.

I'm just glad Sami has a fresh direction. I like EJ and Lucas so much more away from her. The Lucas/Sami/EJ story has swallowed this show up for the better part of two years now. It's about time the show made a decision and moved on. No matter which way the show went, it would be pissing someone off. I know they are pissing both off now but whatever. It happens. Fans used to be pissed off all the time. How many were pissed in the 90's when Roman and Marlena broke up or Carrie and Austin were railroaded for her new love story with Mike? Someone is always going to be unhappy and it's about time Days realizes they can't please everyone and just tries to write good stories. If they do that, some fans may stay and they will attract new fans to offset those they lose.

Deleted User
Deleted User

The biggest reason I know I'm going to dislike this storyline is that it will just give more reasons for Sami to play the men in her life against each other. Then we'll go back to talking about her "feelings" and I'll continue to wish that all the characters just explode, never to be heard from again.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^My hope is if Sami and Rafael work out, they just cut the chord with EJ and Lucas. I think they already have with Lucas but hopefully they do with EJ too and just commit to that one direction.

Sami has stopped playing them off each other in the last month so that is a good thing. I think alot of that was a manifestation of Scott and Higley fighting over story all summer. Sami, Lucas, EJ, Nicole, Chloe...they all came off as indecisive and flip-floppers because of that.

Deleted User
Deleted User

PhoenixRising05
Oct 27 2008, 02:27 AM
^My hope is if Sami and Rafael work out, they just cut the chord with EJ and Lucas. I think they already have with Lucas but hopefully they do with EJ too and just commit to that one direction.

Sami has stopped playing them off each other in the last month so that is a good thing. I think alot of that was a manifestation of Scott and Higley fighting over story all summer. Sami, Lucas, EJ, Nicole, Chloe...they all came off as indecisive and flip-floppers because of that.
Yeah If she starts being wishy-washy again I will immediately call this story a failure. E.J is the one being that way right now and I hate him for it.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply