Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
It's a sad day for Salem when...
Topic Started: Oct 25 2008, 01:21 AM (1,489 Views)
ginababe
BANNED

The most observant, perceptive and intelligent person in Salem is a one year old toddler!! Go Johnny! Way to show those idiots up!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

LOL. He really is a bright child and very, very alert. I think he is adorable.

wkline
Member Avatar

:lol:

Days4Life

He's such a cute kid! And smart enough to see what everyone else is blind to. I can't believe all those people Sami hugged couldn't feel that big baby bump!

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

He's a real cutie. I couldn't stop laughing when he said baby.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Johnny for MAYOR!
Quote Post Goto Top

~bl~
Member Avatar

Maybe Johnny figured it out because he heard his mom talk about a baby in his presence. I think everyone else is in denial.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

That was so cute! The fact that nobody else can tell is ridiculous. I hate when the characters do not notice such obvious things.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

avelina
Member Avatar

I agree :) Little Johnny for Mayor :laugh:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

This is so funny. Both soaps I'm watching have the supposed smart people totally clueless. On OLTL, people are just NOW figuring out Jess is Tess. And, on Days, people think tents are the new fashion statement? Let's put all the women in tent dresses, then!

shiningstar

Angie79
Oct 26 2008, 03:13 AM
That was so cute! The fact that nobody else can tell is ridiculous. I hate when the characters do not notice such obvious things.
Ugh me too. Especially since Marlena, Roman and even EJ have all given Sami hugs. Surely they must have felt something different????? Bravo to Johnny for being the smartest Salemite around. Put that kid on the Trent murder case, I am sure he could have it solved in 5 minutes and find Sami's would be killer.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

ladyofthelake
Oct 26 2008, 01:08 PM
This is so funny. Both soaps I'm watching have the supposed smart people totally clueless. On OLTL, people are just NOW figuring out Jess is Tess. And, on Days, people think tents are the new fashion statement? Let's put all the women in tent dresses, then!
As I just pointed out in the episode thread, there could be some valid reasons behind that.

Some friends and I were watching the marathon on Soapnet and we were talking about Sami and no one noticing her weight outside of Chloe and Lucas. Three of my friends were woman, one of which was my mom LOL and they all three agreed that everyone is probably thinking it but it's not polite to mention a woman's weight like that, especially if she is putting on weight and has had kids. Seeing as how Days' HW is a woman, perhaps that is the reason. I can see it. Not excusing it as it was an issue for me too but I can see why that would be the case. I mean, Marlena and EJ both have been suspicious but stopped short of mentioning her weight. It's not like their dumb.

Also, I went back a bit and the episode before Sami learned she was pregnant, which was the episode where EJ helped Sami with her resume, Sami mentioned how she had not been exercising as much and eating as healthy so maybe EJ figures that is why she gained weight.

Oh, and Johnny is adorable. I loved when he said "baby." So cute.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Oct 27 2008, 02:22 AM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Oct 27 2008, 02:22 AM
ladyofthelake
Oct 26 2008, 01:08 PM
As I just pointed out in the episode thread, there could be some valid reasons behind that.

Some friends and I were watching the marathon on Soapnet and we were talking about Sami and no one noticing her weight outside of Chloe and Lucas. Three of my friends were woman, one of which was my mom LOL and they all three agreed that everyone is probably thinking it but it's not polite to mention a woman's weight like that, especially if she is putting on weight and has had kids. Seeing as how Days' HW is a woman, perhaps that is the reason. I can see it. Not excusing it as it was an issue for me too but I can see why that would be the case. I mean, Marlena and EJ both have been suspicious but stopped short of mentioning her weight. It's not like their dumb.

Also, I went back a bit and the episode before Sami learned she was pregnant, which was the episode where EJ helped Sami with her resume, Sami mentioned how she had not been exercising as much and eating as healthy so maybe EJ figures that is why she gained weight.

Oh, and Johnny is adorable. I loved when he said "baby." So cute.
I'm sorry. There's a difference between fat fat and pregnancy fat. I mean, I know someone else mentioned the "baby fat". Those babies are what? About two years old? Anyone who had baby fat wouldn't have it, lose it, and gain it back again. Plus, the clothes she is wearing scream maternity. And, a pregnant tummy is usually pretty taut. With the hugs, Marlena, at the very least, should have been able to figure it out. She's been pregnant twice, whoops, technically, three times. A fat tummy is usually, well, more flabby. Add that to Sami's weird behavior and hints that she has something to say? And, hysterical is typical for Sami, but this is way overboard. Sorry, not buying the 'fat and won't say it' excuse.
At the very least EJ knew that birth control probably wasn't used. He's a smart dude and can do the math. Just like Vicki and Bo are smart and should have been able to figure out about Jessica.

It's poor storywriting.

Alligato
Member Avatar

I agree with you, lady. I think I would prefer Sami try to hide behind tables and chairs and big bags instead of wearing clothes like she is. There is a difference between pregnancy fat and being fat...and I want to say that Sami was wearing some tight jeans and a nice loose shirt during the resume thing or a slim looking little flowy shirt in the stairwell. So she hasn't been looking "fat" until she started with the sweater dresses and tent dresses...and those just make her look awful.

I don't know if my problem is with Sami dressing really obvious and people not noticing, or if I just HATE the premise of the story (hiding your kid from the father for a really stupid reason) and that everyone comes off so dumb.
I mean, the week after Sami found out she was pregnant with EJ's kid the first time, he was guessing. Now he is clueless?

Days4Life

Appearance wise, there's a big difference between a pregnant woman and a woman who's gained a few pounds. Most women who are simply gaining weight have the pounds spread over their whole body and not primarily through their stomach. And LadyoftheLake is right; there's no way these people could be hugging all over Sami and not tell there's a baby bump. Especially Marlena. However, even if the writers want us to jump to the conclusion that everyone in Salem is thinking that Sami is getting fat and they are too polite to mention it, they should at least throw in a few lines of dialogue--ideally between her parents--about their concern for her weight gain. The girl has a history of an eating disorder; any drastic change in her weight or exercise habits should be a red flag.

I agree with Alligato, they would have been better off hiding Ali's pregnancy than this lame story. There's no good reason for Sami to be hiding this pregnancy from EJ, and I hate that she is. Calling her selfish doesn't even explain her behavior, because she isn't gaining anything by her actions. She has no home, no job, is separated from her children, avoiding people she knows, afraid to go to the hospital for prenatal care, she's stressed out, watching her rival move in on the man she supposedly loves...what's her payoff?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I agree the writers should have some sort of mention of her weight gain, perhaps in private between Marlena and EJ or Roman or something but I disagree with one point and that point is that it's easy to tell between a baby bump and regular fat. I was reminded last night by my mother about how I had made the same mistake. I had two cousins a few years ago who both were pregnant and were keeping it a secret as a surprise. They wanted to break the news at Christmas. Both weren't really overweight before so it should've been obvious but they had been eating a bit more and both had admitted they never went for their daily runs anymore so I just assumed they had just gained some weight and mentioned nothing. I couldn't even tell they were pregnant until they actually said something and I see them all the time and later on I learned they were wearing maternity clothes. Hell, one of them was wearing something that really showed her stomach and it looked like nothing but weight gain to me. The people I was with last night said the same thing. You can't always tell and the last thing you want to mention in front of someone who has had a eating disorder is you've gained weight. I agree they should have the characters discussing it in private but in front of her or to her...I'm beginning to see reason behind not doing it while I was totally annoyed with it before. At least Marlena and EJ are suspicious and concerned. Also, Sami did address her weight in front of EJ before learning she was pregnant. As I said, in the resume scene she mentioned not eating healthy and exercising so why would EJ question it after that? He knows she is hiding something but he would never question the weight gain after that.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Oct 27 2008, 09:59 AM.

Days4Life

If Sami was just 2 or 3 months pregnant, I could more easily buy the maybe-she's-fat argument, but she's well into her second trimester. A month ago the doctor said that so she's probably 5-6 months along. That's difficult to disguise, especially when wearing a tent. Maybe a man could miss it, but a woman, especially Marlena, should be smarter than that. Another thing that bothers me about this is that the wardrobe department could easily dress Sami in ways that would hide her pregnancy better. When Ali was on the Bonnie Hunt Show she was wearing a very nice, dark colored pants outfit and she barely looked pregnant, until you saw her from the side. They are dressing her on the show in such a way that she's actually looking bigger than she is. Plus, her hair and makeup are very unflattering. It's just such a weird way to deal with a pregnancy that they didn't want to hide.

Cookala

ICAM with everyone...but had to laugh at the ad underneath the posts. :laugh:

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Cookala
Oct 27 2008, 04:19 PM
ICAM with everyone...but had to laugh at the ad underneath the posts. :laugh:
LMAO I just saw the ad too.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Sometimes, on other board, I type really stupid things just to see what ad comes up!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply