Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
James Scott wows them in Peoria
Topic Started: Oct 26 2008, 06:48 PM (988 Views)
Jonatha

Source: pjstarr.com

There were hundreds of booths and exhibits to choose from Saturday at the Women's Lifestyle Show, but the top choice for many women was an encounter with actor James Scott.

"I've been here since 9 a.m.," said Dunlap resident Tracy Lane, who staked her claim at the front of the line to meet Scott, who plays EJ DiMera on the NBC soap opera "Days of our Lives."

"I tape the show every day," Lane said during her nearly four-hour wait to meet Scott, her hands shaking in anticipation.

The line for autographs and pictures stretched endlessly inside the Peoria Civic Center.

"I've been watching 'Days of our Lives' for 20 years," said Amanda Thomison of Peoria, who designed T-shirts for herself and friend Brittany Miller that said "Team Sami," a reference to the current plot.

"We're hoping for a photo op," Miller said. "I think together we might be able to come up with something articulate to say."

Across from the snaking line was a large seating area filled with women ready to hear Scott speak on stage.

The crowd roared and cameras flashed as Scott walked out for a question-and-answer session, wearing a sport coat and a purple scarf.

"Are you married?" one woman asked.

"No."

The crowd erupted in cheers.

"Do you have a girlfriend?"

"Yes."

"Awww," the audience responded, dejected.

"She's not here," Scott said, receiving a round of laughs.

Event coordinator Jannell Justice said Scott was chosen after organizers received numerous phone calls and e-mails requesting him for the event.

"He's a big hit," Justice said. "He was heavily demanded."

But Scott wasn't the only draw to the event, now in its 17th year.

Justice said more than 200 exhibitors were displaying their wares Saturday and about 10,000 people were expected to attend the one-day event.

"Last year we doubled the size of the area we occupy," she said.

The show continues to grow, and the preparation to bring it all together takes about a year.

"We start planning next week for next year," she said.

Justice said the work is worth the wait.

"It's a fun day out," she said. "It's just a great, all-around women's day."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Awesome!

Alligato
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting, Jonny! I just love the guy and so glad he is bringing so much publicity to the show! Let's hope they keep him around/he stays around!

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Sweet!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

AWESOME!

Red Mist
Member Avatar

he is good enough to eat. yum!

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Dragonish1
Oct 27 2008, 10:21 AM
he is good enough to eat. yum!
LMAO

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply