Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Will Steff and Phil get togther?; Steff and Phil
Topic Started: Oct 26 2008, 08:20 PM (1,471 Views)
Irocgirl
Member Avatar

Hey Guys who is all for Stephany and Phillip to get alittle close. :rockon: I think it would be great to see them be together I know Phillip would make her more happier then what Max would I mean look how he treated Bell when they were together.Max right now is too hooled up on defending his sister he never knew.Lets see Stephany and Phillip bring it on :makeout:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Ew!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I'd rather see them in scenes and have it developed rather than have a "let's throw them together because they're currently unattached" scenario. Plus, they've been throwing Philip together with some pretty young chicks. Although I'm not a Chloe fan, at least she's closer to Philip's age. As a CEO of a big corporation, he needs one more adult romance. Time to bring back Belle!
Days is too big right now on "let's make them a couple to see how they work". If something could develop and sparks could be seen as she works at Titan, then maybe. But, it needs to take time to be developed.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

As of right now, no thanks. I might change my mind if I see chemistry, something that was missing in their scenes the other day. I thought I might enjoy them temporarily until Philip tells Chloe he is in love with her and they reunite, but I wasn't feeling anything during the Phelanie interaction. Maybe there will be sparks when Stephanie isn't whining about Uncle Max.
I am concerened with the fact that Philip is a thirtyish CEO of a powerful corporation, yet he involves himself in the affairs of a teenager and college kids :huh:

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Isnt Philip already involved with like 3 other people, from the various posts and spoilers i've read? How has Philip of all people become big man of Salem!?

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Has Phil's age really been pinpointed?

I thought Phil, Shawn, Belle, Chloe, and etc were in their late 20's, because Chloe and Phil were in HS together so if he's supposed to be in his 30's then she would too.....

sungrey

I'm leaning toward passing on this coupling, thanks. Maybe Chris and Dena have a compelling reason to root for them, and if that's the case then I'll give it a try. I don't really have a rooting interest in Stax, either, but it seems to me Phillip belongs with the Chloe/Brady set.

ElvisDiMera
Member Avatar

I hope they are getting together!! I think Shelley and Jay get along really well on the set and, in the past, Days has tried pairing up actors who get along well off screen so maybe they are going for it!

I think that they could have some really awesome chemistry. I hope they aren't just starting up something between them if it's just meant to be a hurdle for Stax to overcome. Don't bother if that is the case.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I hope they get together.

It seems to get along on set. Hell, there were even rumors they went to the Emmy's together. They have a nice chemistry and look good together. There is story potential there with her parents' past with his father. Most of all, HE ISN'T HER UNCLE!!!

I hope they go for it. It's new, fresh, and seems like a well-liked idea.

Deleted User
Deleted User

PhoenixRising05
Oct 27 2008, 01:55 AM

It seems to get along on set. Hell, there were even rumors they went to the Emmy's together. They have a nice chemistry and look good together. There is story potential there with her parents' past with his father. Most of all, HE ISN'T HER UNCLE!!!

I like the thought of Stephanie and Phillip together. However, setting aside the issues I have with Shelly Hennig as an actress. There is no way Higley would play up the historic aspects. The most she would do is what she did with Stephanie and Max; mention the problem a few times, always stating that Phillip or Stephanie have no problem with it and poof the history is swept under the rug.
Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Rhiannon
Oct 27 2008, 12:18 AM
Has Phil's age really been pinpointed?

I thought Phil, Shawn, Belle, Chloe, and etc were in their late 20's, because Chloe and Phil were in HS together so if he's supposed to be in his 30's then she would too.....
Don't forget the high school reunion they had Shelle's last year. Usually, those start at about 10 years. I suppose they could have had a 5 year reunion, but I think, based on the fact that they were looking for someone around 25 when they recast Shawn, they SORASED that scene.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Oct 27 2008, 01:55 AM

How can you tell the chemistry if they haven't been seen together much on camera? Real-life dating doesn't necessarily constitute onscreen chemistry. OTherwise, Broe would have taken off like hotcakes and there wouldn't be many people saying Farah Fath and John-Paul Lavosier don't have chemistry.

I just don't want another couple thrown together for the sake of being a couple. Make them friends or something, like the way Shimi started, and see what the reaction is like FIRST as friends before going further. Days has got to just quit throwing these couples together to see if they'll stick.

marisol40

Quote:

OTherwise, Broe would have taken off like hotcakes and there wouldn't be many people saying Farah Fath and John-Paul Lavosier don't have chemistry.

Actually Nadia and Kyle had mega chemistry and that was a very popular pairing for the show; it's Ari and Kyle that didn't have mega chemistry together and they were married.

Sariah
Member Avatar

I'm not interested in Philip and Stephanie, and that is 100% due to SH. I haven't liked Stephanie since SH took over the role when she was a raging slut advising Chelsea to cheat on Nick (loved Chick back in the day), and I can't stand the fact that she's been dating her uncle for the last year or so. I've been fast-forwarding her for a long time, and I'd hate to have to stop because she's sharing scenes with JKJ.

It'd be nice too if the show would actually see whether or not people have chemistry before just putting them together. I think the Phelanie scenes showed that Philip and Melanie don't have that spark at all, and I'm hoping nothing further develops there.

Days4Life

Right now I can't say I'd be too excited about a Philip/Stephanie pairing. I just don't see her as being the type of girl he'd be interested in. Yeah, they are both good looking people and currently unattached but that doesn't mean they should be instantly thrown together. I think she's too whiny and immature for him. Philip needs someone with some sophistication, with a career and some life experience. Whatever their ages are on the show or in real life, Stephanie comes across as much younger than Philip. That's not to say that an age difference is an automatic no-go for a relationship; it's more the maturity level and where they are in life. Philip runs an international company; Stephanie is a college student. They are at two different stages in life.

esp13
Member Avatar

I'd like to just wait and see what happens. They've shared exactly one scene together and it was fine. I'm hoping that if they do decide to explore that possible pairing, they let it develop slowly.

I agree that the maturity difference is rather large at the moment, but I think that could be easily rectified with some decent writing for Stephanie. I don't think her being a college student means she can't get involved with Philip. After all, Belle was a nursing student (for 5 minutes or so anyway). She was no more independent or mature than Stephanie is now. She just had a kid to make her seem older.

Days4Life

You're right; being a college student doesn't automatically kill the relationship. It all comes down to maturity level. I've seen 20 year olds who are mature and responsible and can handle a relationship with a 30 year old man, and I've seen 30 year olds that aren't ready to be with anyone of any age.

The writing for Stephanie has been poor for a long time. She's written as a pretty Barbie doll, following Max around, with no real thoughts beyond what Max needs, what Max wants, what can she do to help Max and make him happy. If Stephanie is going to have staying power and any hope of winning over more fans, she needs to break free of Max for awhile (which the writers seem to be doing now) and develop on her own. Maybe down the road she will be a great match for Philip, but I don't think she's at that point yet. She needs lots of character development first.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

As much as I love the idea of Philip/Stephanie, it seems like as of right now they are just laying the groundwork for them to be friends.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply