Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of 10/27
Topic Started: Oct 27 2008, 02:41 PM (4,700 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Discuss!

Classic Clip from 1988: Kimberly and Shane host a Halloween party at their new house

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Decent stuff today though I admit some of the fun was leaked out for me due to spoilers.

I really wish when Chelsea told Nick how they weren't close anymore that he had snapped back that was due to her, meaning I still am not feeling sorry for her at the moment. I really can't fault Melanie for playing the Zack card, Cheslea's jealousy over Mick pushed her to start the fight and my only issue is I wish Nick had stepped in a moment sooner before it got this far. Of course, we know Nick isn't exactly himself right now.

Also, not really happy that upon the news of Kate's cancer, we skip her reaction along with Dan's reaction so we can find out how Chelsea is taking the news. Of course...Kate's cancer should all be about Chelsea.

I had to laugh at Nicole babysitting. This is how I saw her when it comes to kids so it's why I'm not happy she's so excited about the pregnancy. I wish someone would tell the show that not all women are excited about being mothers and the female who fits that description the most would be Nicole.

esp13
Member Avatar

Yeah, I think it would have been more appropriate to show Kate's reaction to the news, rather then focusing on Chelsea feeling all sad and guilty. But, it did provide an excuse to see Evan again, so I won't complain too loud.

Didn't love the Nicole/Johnny hijinks, but only because this sort of stuff is always overdone (remember Steve and Pocket?). I get the point being made and I did like the end when EJ came in and saw Nicole asleep and Johnny and Pookie on her lap, but the rest was just okay.

Enjoyed the Nick/Melanie interaction and I thought there were some interesting layers being played by Blake in those scenes. The Chelsea/Melanie bitch-off was fun and I thought Melanie had every right to bring up Zach. I do prefer this version of Chelsea, even when I think she's out of line. She's more fun bitchy and self-centered.

Lucas and Chloe were nothing special, although for some reason I felt like Nadia brought more to the scene that she usually does (at least for me). I thought it was interesting that Lucas admitted he was glad that Sami was gone. I think the death knell has been sounded for Lumi (at least for a while).

ilovemydays

Just when Melanie was starting to get on my nerves they give her an episode with Nick that makes me root for her all over again. I have to be honest I think I like the girl more just because she sees in Nick what everyone should see in Nick.

I also wanted to see Dan and Kate's reaction to her test results. I hate that they made it all about Chelsea because I really hated Chelsea today. I do believe it was the desired effect. I had ZERO sympathy for her today. She's such an obnoxious, immature, self centered bitch...could she be the New Sami? IMO the Zach reference was appropriate. Melanie might have had mixed emotions about Trent but he never would have been able to hurt her so badly if she didn't love him. I hate Stephanie too lately. I guess Steph and Chelsea forget that they caused the accidental death of Ford Decker they even roped Max into their cover up. Actually, theirs was probably worse because they drugged him first and they were in full faculties when they instrumented the cover up.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I FF so much that it only took 10 mins for me to watch the episode :sleep:

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

ilovemydays
Oct 27 2008, 04:59 PM
She's such an obnoxious, immature, self centered bitch...could she be the New Sami? IMO the Zach reference was appropriate. Melanie might have had mixed emotions about Trent but he never would have been able to hurt her so badly if she didn't love him.

Yes she was, and I enjoyed it. Kate's reaction should have been the focal point, but later I was rooting for Chelsea during her scenes with, partially because I loathe Melanie and thought her comments about Zack's death were very out of line, and also because Chelsea was the bitchy, snarky underdog again whom I alwaysadored. I hope they do not ever put Chelsea with Nick again. They were a horrible mismatch romantically. She needs to date a little hell raiser like herself.
Nicole's babysitting scenes were a hoot. Arianne has excellent comedic timing! It was funny that she even asked hopefully when Sami was returning.
Lucas and Chloe should be attempting to relocate with Allie to a different location, even if only temporarily, considering that an attempted murder just took place in the cabin and the criminal is still at large.

Nicole Walker

LMAO. Loved Johnny and Nicole scenes today. I think Rachael did a good job of tearing up after Melanie brought up the Zach incident. Chloe was going off about Sami which was funny cause most of what she said was correct. LMAO.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Oct 27 2008, 06:02 PM.

six
Member Avatar

I thought it was really classless of Nicole and Chloe not to initially show much sympathy for Sami and her plight. Yes, they're enemies, but Sami, the babies, EJ and Lucas are going through a terrible ordeal.

Melanie and Chelsea brought the Zach comment and the slap on themselves. I wish Melanie really would get on the next flight out of Salem.

Evan is great, and I wonder if they might pair him with Chelsea later.

Days4Life

Chelsea was really bratty and horrible to Melanie, which is why Melanie lashed out in kind. I don't blame her for that considering the way Chelsea attacked her in public. Melanie is definitely no angel, but she's in a very difficult situation--alone in the world, with only a brother she just found out about, no money, no home, and isn't she only 17? She's something of a brat, yes, but I think she's dealing with things the only way she knows how, which is by manipulation and seduction.

Chloe was heartless when Sami was saying her good-byes and shouldn't have even been there. And what exactly is behind that door where they keep stashing Allie? Isn't the Horton cabin one room? Why else would that big bed be in the main room? Nicole was kind of cute with Johnny, but I didn't like that they had her falling asleep and when EJ came in, he thought it was amusing. How was this different from Lucas letting Allie wander out the door while he was on house arrest? Johnny could have climbed off Nicole's lap and anything could have happened...that's not something to take lightly. And before someone says Nicole would have awakened if Johnny had moved, remember that EJ took him from her lap without her knowing. I think I've had too much experience with children to enjoy that scene.

I'm already tired of Sami in witness protection. I really, really dislike this storyline. Just tell EJ about the baby, Sami!

Alligato
Member Avatar

I thought it was a nod to what we have been saying when, in the first scene, Nicole is talking about how the women do all the work and then men stand there looking stupid....cut to EJ asking Sami what it meant that Johnny pointed to her big tent dress stomach and said "baby". Duh, you dumbass!!! Got a kick out of that!

I am hoping that when EJ went to take his walk, he really went to plan something awesome. He knows something is up...old EJ would have figured it out by now...I am hoping that nuEJ has something up his sleeve.

I don't blame Nicole being a bit apprehensive with Johnny. She is totally new with kids, and this isn't her baby so she doesn't know what to do. I think she will be a fine mother if she ever gets that far. Ari did well today.
Somebody needs to buy EJ a new jacket. That tweed/plaid thing is as bad as Sami's tent dress. I would bet a Lumi is running the wardrobe department! LOL!

Oh, I just hated Chelsea today. No big surprise though. If she is going to stand there and accuse Melanie without knowing anything but hearsay, I don't blame Mel for bringing up Zach. Mel's line after "you don't know what you are talking about" from Chelsea should be "neither do you". Chelsea handled the Zach thing at the time much worse than Melanie is.
Nick seemed like he was on drugs in today's episode...don't know if that is becuase of the spoils but he seemed stoned.

I thought Chloe did some acting today instead of the rote recital of lines like usual. Everything she said was true and I am glad Lucas is happy that Sami is gone too. Loved that they brought up Sami's constant need to fool/cheat her baby's daddys. Loved EJ's line about family being first and not denying anyone family. I don't know how EJ won't hate Sami after this....and it kills me that Sami is abandoning her kids to keep EJ from knowing the truth. Ugh!!

Show was pretty decent today!

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Where is Steve? He is too busy investigating Trent's murder? If they aren't going to use Steve and Kayla then can them altogether.

I am enjoying the show a lot lately, but the balance hasn't gotten worse since Tomlin and Whitesell have taken over. EJ/Sami/Melanie/Nicole/Lucas need big time breaks.

Melvin was awesome today, love me some bitchy Chelsea. With whats going on with Kate I thought it was in character for her to go off on the people around her. I loved the smack down on Melanie, although I was hoping Melanie would hit her back.

I really hate the cheesiness of Sami being sent into police custody. I just don't think I am going to like this at all, especially when Rafe shows up half naked.

Nicole babysitting was hilarious! Her having Pookie in her lap with Johnny was something I could just see someone like Nicole do. AZ plays comedy so well!

KA looks good in the previews, love when she wears in hair up.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Days4Life
Oct 27 2008, 07:54 PM
Chelsea was really bratty and horrible to Melanie, which is why Melanie lashed out in kind. I don't blame her for that considering the way Chelsea attacked her in public. Melanie is definitely no angel, but she's in a very difficult situation--alone in the world, with only a brother she just found out about, no money, no home, and isn't she only 17? She's something of a brat, yes, but I think she's dealing with things the only way she knows how, which is by manipulation and seduction.

Chloe was heartless when Sami was saying her good-byes and shouldn't have even been there. And what exactly is behind that door where they keep stashing Allie? Isn't the Horton cabin one room? Why else would that big bed be in the main room? Nicole was kind of cute with Johnny, but I didn't like that they had her falling asleep and when EJ came in, he thought it was amusing. How was this different from Lucas letting Allie wander out the door while he was on house arrest? Johnny could have climbed off Nicole's lap and anything could have happened...that's not something to take lightly. And before someone says Nicole would have awakened if Johnny had moved, remember that EJ took him from her lap without her knowing. I think I've had too much experience with children to enjoy that scene.

I'm already tired of Sami in witness protection. I really, really dislike this storyline. Just tell EJ about the baby, Sami!

EJ did the exact same thing with Allie; Sami removed her from his lap and he didn't even notice because he was sound asleep. She had to wake him up. EJ probably remembered that incident and his other challenges while being a new caretaker of children, so that is why he could relate and found it sweet.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Loved Chelsea vs. Melanie...I was so glad that Chelsea went off on Melanie and shocked that Melanie mentioned Zack..Low blow, but Chelsea did strike first...And that slap rocked...We have a potentially great triangle ahead of us with Chelsea, Melanie, and Nick..

Nicole, Pookie, and Johnny were really cute..I just adore AZ and she does comedic scenes so well...

I skipped Lucas and Chloe...and i'm looking forward to Rafe showing up this week..

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Today was weird because it felt like the episode has a running theme...which was making me feel for both sides of an equation (or story).

For instance, I totally get why Chelsea went off on Melanie. I mean, Chelsea was already upset and there is Nick sitting there, with no one around him, and he can't even spare two seconds. Chelsea needed a friend and Mel was more important. It's not really Melanie's fault but I can see why Chelsea would direct the anger there. Chelsea still has feelings for Nick and her and Mel have been at odds since the start. I also saw where Melanie was coming from. One person after the other keeps accusing her based on hearsay and there is Chelsea in a public place doing it. I did think Mel's mention of Zack (glad they keep mentioning him) called for the slap. I just enjoyed these scenes so much. There is so much potential for a triangle here and nice rivalry with Chelsea and Melanie. The show needs a new rivalry. I also love Chelsea having her edge back and Melvin is back to bringing her A game everyday now. I like Evan too. The actor is good and I hope they keep him around. He had a nice chemistry with Chelsea but I want to see Chelsea with Nick and Melanie in their story.

I also loved the Nick/Melanie interaction and, even without focusing on the spoilers, I could tell something was up with Nick. He did act like he was some sort of zombie and his wanting to help Melanie run away is very strange for him to go along with. He would try to convince her not to do that. I also don't think he would ever treat Chelsea the way he is of late, whether she hurt him or not. I'm starting to think this is more then drugs and he does have a mental disorder of some kind.

In regards to Kate, I don't mind it, personally. Kate is not the type to dwell on it or have some long, drawn out reaction to having cancer. The past few weeks has focused enough on her reaction. I mean, even on Friday, it didn't even phase Kate. She had prepared herself for it since the moment Daniel told her what it could be. Daniel wouldn't have much of a reaction either being who he is and all. Chelsea is the only one who was in that scene Friday that would have a huge reaction and we got her today. The show follows up on Kate's reaction tomorrow. I think it was handled well, personally.

Sami saying goodbye to her kids was heartbreaking and here is where that running theme comes into play. I totally felt for Sami saying goodbye and Chloe and Nicole were so harsh on her it made me feel for her more. On the other hand, after Sami was gone, I felt for Chloe. I understood why she felt the way she did. Same goes for Nicole. After hearing both women further discuss the issue, it was clear how much turmoil Sami had caused them. I mean, she played both Lucas and EJ off each other all spring and summer and when they both move on, she ropes them back in again and again. Lucas being happy Sami is gone spoke to that too as he too is sick of being dragged into her web again and again yet he keeps doing it because he cares about her and she is the mother of his kids. I did like the Lucas/Chloe scenes and this had to be Nadia's best episode in awhile. She wasn't robotic and looked like she put some effort forth. Enjoyed her today and I think the cabin scenes looked gorgeous with the lighting.

That first scene with Nicole reading the pregnancy book to Pookie when she was talking about all those medical ailments was hilarious. Ari plays comedy so well and I love how she throws her voice to talk to Pookie. Her watching Johnny was hilarious. It did remind me of Steve/Pocket, especially her getting the vomit in the face LOL. This is the kind of lighthearted stuff the show needs sometimes to balance things out. Can't do it all the time but it's nice once and a while and it was played well. It's realistic too as Nicole never has been around an infant like that. Johnny's screaming even wore me out. He has a loud scream LOL. I just loved seeing Pookie's little reactions too and it was so cute when EJ saw them when he came in. Adorable scene, especially him making her think Johnny was gone LOL. I just loved how simple that end scene was with them talking and then about to kiss as Johnny cries. I found her asking about Sami at that moment funny because it seemed to tie up the episode perfectly. She wanted Sami gone and now learns she is gone for awhile but Johnny is there to cause issues. It all comes full circle LOL. Good scenes though. I just hope they stick with the Nicole/EJ direction, at least for awhile.

The actor playing Sami's bodyguard made those scenes interesting IMO. I've always liked him and I liked Sami's little snarky comments. I won't mind this witness protection twist providing it's not on everyday and it's not on tomorrow so that is a good sign.

I'm not worried about the balance either. As I've said, it's all about the contracts. Come December you will see the vets alot more. I just hope they use them more wisely next year. Days uses them too much at once and then they have to have a lull where they can't use them much, if at all. Hopefully, next year they are better about that. I still can't see why they won't use Tony, Steve, and Kayla more. It's not like they are close to going over guarantee. That is dumb IMO. The other vets I can see but those three...makes no sense to me.

Good show today. It had a nice flow and, as I said, I even felt there was a theme to it, at least in my mind LOL. Tomorrow is much better though. RJ, LK, JKJ, and RM are very good tomorrow and Kate's story takes center stage, which is great.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Oct 28 2008, 01:10 AM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Alligato
Oct 27 2008, 09:49 PM
I thought it was a nod to what we have been saying when, in the first scene, Nicole is talking about how the women do all the work and then men stand there looking stupid....cut to EJ asking Sami what it meant that Johnny pointed to her big tent dress stomach and said "baby". Duh, you dumbass!!! Got a kick out of that!

I am hoping that when EJ went to take his walk, he really went to plan something awesome. He knows something is up...old EJ would have figured it out by now...I am hoping that nuEJ has something up his sleeve.

I don't blame Nicole being a bit apprehensive with Johnny. She is totally new with kids, and this isn't her baby so she doesn't know what to do. I think she will be a fine mother if she ever gets that far. Ari did well today.
Somebody needs to buy EJ a new jacket. That tweed/plaid thing is as bad as Sami's tent dress. I would bet a Lumi is running the wardrobe department! LOL!

Oh, I just hated Chelsea today. No big surprise though. If she is going to stand there and accuse Melanie without knowing anything but hearsay, I don't blame Mel for bringing up Zach. Mel's line after "you don't know what you are talking about" from Chelsea should be "neither do you". Chelsea handled the Zach thing at the time much worse than Melanie is.
Nick seemed like he was on drugs in today's episode...don't know if that is becuase of the spoils but he seemed stoned.

I thought Chloe did some acting today instead of the rote recital of lines like usual. Everything she said was true and I am glad Lucas is happy that Sami is gone too. Loved that they brought up Sami's constant need to fool/cheat her baby's daddys. Loved EJ's line about family being first and not denying anyone family. I don't know how EJ won't hate Sami after this....and it kills me that Sami is abandoning her kids to keep EJ from knowing the truth. Ugh!!

Show was pretty decent today!
You know, Alligato, both Chelsea and Melanie were ultra-bratty. This might be an unpopular opinion, but I'm kinda glad Chelsea slapped Melanie. I think the show did (in its own half-assed way) show, in the past, Chelsea's regrets about Zach. Melanie's comment was a low blow, but it seems totally Melanie. Not that I love everything being about Chelsea, but regardless of how Chelsea acted at the time of Zach's death, Melanie had no clue how Chelsea had felt at that time. All she knew was Chelsea hit Zach.
Chelsea's jealousy, though, is pretty transparent. Poor Nick is going to have that albatross that's Chelsea's jealousy hanging around as long as she doesn't have a man. If I was him, I'd be constantly playing matchmaker, so she'd get out of his hair!

I thought Nicole and Johnny were cute. And, personally, I've fallen asleep with my own children on my lap. I think, realistically, most people know that a parent, despite their best intentions, cannot hover over a child 24/7. Nicole wasn't used to this. And, it's pretty natural that a child would cry more for an adult with whom he's not familiar, especially if the adult is showing unease at being with a child. I mean, after all, a new parent isn't thrown right into toddlerville, at least not most of them. You kinda EASE into those things? Barring any health problems, Nicole will be faced with diaper changes, constant feedings, and the occasional colic the first few weeks. Course, it would be interesting seeing her deal with projectile vomiting.............ah, Nicole and parenthood. I'm starting to warm to the idea now! :D

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

DolceDiMera
Oct 27 2008, 10:19 PM
Days4Life

EJ did the exact same thing with Allie; Sami removed her from his lap and he didn't even notice because he was sound asleep. She had to wake him up. EJ probably remembered that incident and his other challenges while being a new caretaker of children, so that is why he could relate and found it sweet.
That's right.....he did fall asleep with a child on his lap, too. I'm glad you remembered that.

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Chloe was gorgeous. Great hair day for her. Sami drives me bats. It was excrutiating to watch her emote even more than usual. Sure, it was a heartbreatking scene but so overboard. Especially EJ waning all over her and slipping that picture of Jonny into her pocket. He could have slipped one of both babies instead. Obviously, I'm rooting for EJ and Nicole. Isn't her baby growing by leaps and bounds these days? The show is definitely more intriguing (sans Sami) these days. I'm looking forward to the return of Brady and the Daniel/Kate scenes coming up.

six
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Oct 28 2008, 05:57 AM
This might be an unpopular opinion, but I'm kinda glad Chelsea slapped Melanie. I think the show did (in its own half-assed way) show, in the past, Chelsea's regrets about Zach. Melanie's comment was a low blow, but it seems totally Melanie. Not that I love everything being about Chelsea, but regardless of how Chelsea acted at the time of Zach's death, Melanie had no clue how Chelsea had felt at that time. All she knew was Chelsea hit Zach.
I agree with you. Chelsea was just telling Nick how guilty she still feels over Zack when he was locked up for DUI- is that how Melanie found out? I remember her lurking in the shadows while Nick and Chelsea were talking. Chelsea was very nasty too though, so she sort of set herself up for that.

DaysFanJean, EJ put several pictures into her purse, and she flipped to one of Allie right after she moved the one of Johnny off the top.

Days4Life

DolceDiMera
Oct 27 2008, 10:19 PM
Days4Life

The difference is the age of the child. Falling asleep holding a baby is different than falling asleep holding a toddler. A baby can't go anywhere and you hold them against you; if they squirm around and cry, you will wake up or if not, at least the baby will stay put. A toddler like Johnny is mobile and quite capable of climbing down and wandering off to do who knows what. That was the issue when Lucas left Allie alone--she was able to walk and actually left the house through an open door. When you're caring for a toddler, you have to be alert all the time.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Todays episode was okey, better then yesterday but still just okey.

Philip/Kate/Lucas:
Their scenes were good untill Daniel showed up.

Daniel/Chelsea:
FF

The Will Reading:
Stupid, why would Bo and Hope let Melanie and that man be alone in Roman's office?

Abe/Lexie:
I was acutally a little annoyed with Lexie at first, she overreacted. Abe was right, if Theo did not like the photoshoot they could take him out of there. Glad Lexie agreed with Abe in the end. And I love how Lexie told that bitch off.
Edited by Sindacco, Oct 28 2008, 10:06 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply