Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of 10/27
Topic Started: Oct 27 2008, 02:41 PM (4,712 Views)
leela46

I'm so sick of Melanie already I could scream. Can't we have the teen bitch off screen for even a second and have some Steve/Kayla scenes? As you can tell I am not a fan of the Melanie character. I just hate that in order to have Nick we have to have Melanie too. Bring on some pimply teenage boy for her and get her away from Nick.
Edited by leela46, Oct 28 2008, 10:52 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jane1978

Sindacco
Oct 28 2008, 10:02 AM
The Will Reading:
Stupid, why would Bo and Hope let Melanie and that man be alone in Roman's office?

Itīs explained tomorrow.

six
Member Avatar

Today's show was kind of boring.

I just can't get into Abe's mayoral bid. I do want to see more of what's going on w/Stefano, Lexie and the mayor's killer. Lexie completely overreacted, considering she did the same thing the baby sitter did.

Kate's scenes were nice, and it's good to hear them mentioning Billie and Austin. It seems that DH has forgotten the space twins, though. Hopefully Kate's mention of Tanna means we'll be seeing them soon. Lucas taking over H&H probably means BD's job is safe for now.

I'm glad Chelsea's finally putting things in perspective, but I'm a little sick of seeing her all the time.

As long as she's seventeen, I don't like seeing Bope cornering Melanie alone all the time. Annoying as she is, she still needs to have an adult looking out for her

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Yeah what's up with that? They mention Austin and Billie but never Cassie and Rex.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Sindacco
Oct 28 2008, 04:57 PM
Yeah what's up with that? They mention Austin and Billie but never Cassie and Rex.
Tom C. said that there is a rule that they never bring up Rex and Cassie again. I guess that means they retconned their story away.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

I thought Cassie had loads of potential, add to the fact Alexis Thorpe was great at playing a bitch.

six
Member Avatar

Tripp
Oct 28 2008, 05:14 PM
Sindacco
Tom C. said that there is a rule that they never bring up Rex and Cassie again. I guess that means they retconned their story away.
I wonder since when, and why? Rolf mentioned them to Sami a little while ago when they were bonding after he helped her with the twins. Their original story line didn't make sense, but the characters themselves were okay.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Tripp
Oct 28 2008, 05:14 PM
Sindacco
Why? That sounds stupid, LOL. Did he say anything more about it?

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Days4Life
Oct 28 2008, 09:40 AM
DolceDiMera
Oct 27 2008, 10:19 PM
Days4Life
Oct 27 2008, 07:54 PM
Chelsea was really bratty and horrible to Melanie, which is why Melanie lashed out in kind. I don't blame her for that considering the way Chelsea attacked her in public. Melanie is definitely no angel, but she's in a very difficult situation--alone in the world, with only a brother she just found out about, no money, no home, and isn't she only 17? She's something of a brat, yes, but I think she's dealing with things the only way she knows how, which is by manipulation and seduction.

Chloe was heartless when Sami was saying her good-byes and shouldn't have even been there. And what exactly is behind that door where they keep stashing Allie? Isn't the Horton cabin one room? Why else would that big bed be in the main room? Nicole was kind of cute with Johnny, but I didn't like that they had her falling asleep and when EJ came in, he thought it was amusing. How was this different from Lucas letting Allie wander out the door while he was on house arrest? Johnny could have climbed off Nicole's lap and anything could have happened...that's not something to take lightly. And before someone says Nicole would have awakened if Johnny had moved, remember that EJ took him from her lap without her knowing. I think I've had too much experience with children to enjoy that scene.

I'm already tired of Sami in witness protection. I really, really dislike this storyline. Just tell EJ about the baby, Sami!

EJ did the exact same thing with Allie; Sami removed her from his lap and he didn't even notice because he was sound asleep. She had to wake him up. EJ probably remembered that incident and his other challenges while being a new caretaker of children, so that is why he could relate and found it sweet.
The difference is the age of the child. Falling asleep holding a baby is different than falling asleep holding a toddler. A baby can't go anywhere and you hold them against you; if they squirm around and cry, you will wake up or if not, at least the baby will stay put. A toddler like Johnny is mobile and quite capable of climbing down and wandering off to do who knows what. That was the issue when Lucas left Allie alone--she was able to walk and actually left the house through an open door. When you're caring for a toddler, you have to be alert all the time.
So, in other words, you never sleep? Come on. This is a little too much out of one little scene on a fictional show.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Tom Casiello just said that that it was a rule not to mention Rex and Cassie when having Roman and Kate discuss their children. However, other people have mentioned them in passing. Someone mentioned Rolf saying something about them earlier this year. I don't think he referred to them by name though, just as the twins as he was watching Johnny and Allie. And then last year, Cassie's name came up in Sami's dream about the Bradys being killed one by one. Other than that, not many references to them.

jane1978

I liked today. There was some strong character driven writing for the Kate cancer storyline and I really like the bond she has with her sons. Phillip and Lucas were both good today. I still cannot get over Chelsea and Dan being over, whenever they have a scene together I expext them to throw everything away and just make out again. But Rachel is giving very strong performances again and I really like her conflicted relationship with Kate.

Gary Tomlin and the new writers must really love to write for Melanie, because they always create something new to keep her upfront. First, they made her a big star of the murder mystery, now she got the will stuff and there is the horror like stuff with Nick and her coming for sweeps.
I quess the Box will eventually open a new story for her and Max too, because the way Bo quickly confiscated it saying he will give to him when the time is right sounded almost like a prophecy. I wonder what is inside.

KA and PR looks like they really enjoy to play tough cops with Maxīs little bratty sister. I love all the nonverbal communication between them and how amused they are. Of course, I want to know whatīs in the envelope too. I read some recent interview with Molly Burnett and she spoiled Melanieīs life will soon turn upside down again, even more than when her father was murdered so I wonder if itīs connected.

Lexie and Abe are back to fighting, but this time the writers atleast found a realistic reason for their conflict. Lexie so reminds me the black presidential wife from the 24 show. It will be interesting to see what the show will do with their relationship after Abe really becomes the mayor.

Days4Life

ladyofthelake
Oct 28 2008, 06:04 PM
Days4Life
Oct 28 2008, 09:40 AM
DolceDiMera
Oct 27 2008, 10:19 PM
Days4Life
Oct 27 2008, 07:54 PM
Chelsea was really bratty and horrible to Melanie, which is why Melanie lashed out in kind. I don't blame her for that considering the way Chelsea attacked her in public. Melanie is definitely no angel, but she's in a very difficult situation--alone in the world, with only a brother she just found out about, no money, no home, and isn't she only 17? She's something of a brat, yes, but I think she's dealing with things the only way she knows how, which is by manipulation and seduction.

Chloe was heartless when Sami was saying her good-byes and shouldn't have even been there. And what exactly is behind that door where they keep stashing Allie? Isn't the Horton cabin one room? Why else would that big bed be in the main room? Nicole was kind of cute with Johnny, but I didn't like that they had her falling asleep and when EJ came in, he thought it was amusing. How was this different from Lucas letting Allie wander out the door while he was on house arrest? Johnny could have climbed off Nicole's lap and anything could have happened...that's not something to take lightly. And before someone says Nicole would have awakened if Johnny had moved, remember that EJ took him from her lap without her knowing. I think I've had too much experience with children to enjoy that scene.

I'm already tired of Sami in witness protection. I really, really dislike this storyline. Just tell EJ about the baby, Sami!

EJ did the exact same thing with Allie; Sami removed her from his lap and he didn't even notice because he was sound asleep. She had to wake him up. EJ probably remembered that incident and his other challenges while being a new caretaker of children, so that is why he could relate and found it sweet.
The difference is the age of the child. Falling asleep holding a baby is different than falling asleep holding a toddler. A baby can't go anywhere and you hold them against you; if they squirm around and cry, you will wake up or if not, at least the baby will stay put. A toddler like Johnny is mobile and quite capable of climbing down and wandering off to do who knows what. That was the issue when Lucas left Allie alone--she was able to walk and actually left the house through an open door. When you're caring for a toddler, you have to be alert all the time.
So, in other words, you never sleep? Come on. This is a little too much out of one little scene on a fictional show.
I walked in on a babysitter once who was asleep on the couch (at 7:30 in the evening) and my two year old was playing in the kitchen and my three year old was upstairs by himself, in a dark room, crying, so, yeah, I am a little sensitive about the situation. I fired the babysitter on the spot. As for my children, no, when they were young toddlers I never slept unless they were safely in their cribs sleeping themselves. I never said I thought Nicole was a horrible person or should be arrested or anything like that; I just didn't think it was cute and adorable. And it's a double standard because Lucas was raked over the coals by some for basically doing the same thing. But that's just MY feelings on the subject. :)

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Days4Life
Oct 28 2008, 06:22 PM
I walked in on a babysitter once who was asleep on the couch (at 7:30 in the evening) and my two year old was playing in the kitchen and my three year old was upstairs by himself, in a dark room, crying, so, yeah, I am a little sensitive about the situation. I fired the babysitter on the spot. As for my children, no, when they were young toddlers I never slept unless they were safely in their cribs sleeping themselves. I never said I thought Nicole was a horrible person or should be arrested or anything like that; I just didn't think it was cute and adorable. And it's a double standard because Lucas was raked over the coals by some for basically doing the same thing. But that's just MY feelings on the subject. :)
Did the babysitter demand to know why then attempt to sabotage your campaign by coming forward with publicity you were a bad parent? Cause you know that always happens.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

So when Tom Casiello said that no one asked him WHY that rule existed?

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Sindacco
Oct 28 2008, 06:30 PM
So when Tom Casiello said that no one asked him WHY that rule existed?
This was during a time he was letting go of a LOT OF INFORMATION. It was a lot to take in. I just think nobody really cared that much on the Rex/Cassie story compared to the other things he talked about.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Tripp
Oct 28 2008, 06:36 PM
This was during a time he was letting go of a LOT OF INFORMATION. It was a lot to take in. I just think nobody really cared that much on the Rex/Cassie story compared to the other things he talked about.
Pretty much. It was just one of those times when you got the information, it all made sense then, and then you moved on to something more important and interesting.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Today's episode was good.

Molly Burnett continues to amaze me as Melanie. I really do enjoy her as an actress, and because of that, I'm enjoying her character, who could easily annoy me if not for Burnett being a capable actress to add layers to this character that could be really one-dimensional. She's just awesome.

I'm glad Max is starting to doubt Melanie's innocence. I mean, it wouldn't really be believable had Max continue to back Melanie up against Bo and Hope when it's become more and more clear that she could've been the one that killed Trent. Anyone would start to doubt that. It shows another side to Max, aside from the strong big brother type that he's been playing for the last couple weeks now.

Again, I have to say that Burnett is just amazing. She holds her own against Peter Reckell and Kristian Alfonso.

Lauren Koslow looked great today. I will always be interested and down for a Roberts family scene. I love that family and always will. I like how concerned Lucas and Philip are. They realize how serious this all is, despite Kate trying to sugar-coat it a bit. And I'm glad they had Lucas questioning Daniel's care rather than Philip. Instead, they had Philip defending Daniel sort of. It shows growth.

I still see no chemistry between Kate and Daniel, but whatever.

They really need to get Chelsea out of this storyline because she continues to annoy me. But I don't feel this way when she's in scenes with Nick and the younger characters. When she's in scenes with Daniel and Kate, and they continue this story of her being bitter about their relationship, she comes off as such a brat.

I enjoyed the scenes at Java Cafe with the Carvers. This is the way Theo's autism should be affecting Abe and Lexie as a couple. It's now believable, and with the mayor angle thrown in, it's great. I loved fierce Lexie emerging when that woman insulted Theo. I thought Lexie was going to grab her by the hair and take her down. Damn them for holding her back.

I also have to say that I'm enjoying the actor that plays Evan. I don't know if this is intended, but the writers seem to be trying to establish him as a character. First, he started off as just a Java Cafe worker, having scenes with some characters to give them their drinks. But then he was put into Abe's campaign storyline and he's been sharing scenes with the younger characters around his own age. I'd love for them to continue engraving his presence and making him a real character at some point.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

DrewHamilton
Oct 28 2008, 06:58 PM

They really need to get Chelsea out of this storyline because she continues to annoy me. But I don't feel this way when she's in scenes with Nick and the younger characters. When she's in scenes with Daniel and Kate, and they continue this story of her being bitter about their relationship, she comes off as such a brat.
It really doesn't help the ending when she handed Kate the medal, explained Victor gave it to her (IMO it would have been stronger had the Bensons given it to her) and then she ran out of there with as much maturity as Theo had going after coffee.

I do believe though today felt final scenes for Chelsea in the Date stuff. From this point on I believe she'll be around for support as Kate's condition inevitably gets worse.

Days4Life

Tripp
Oct 28 2008, 06:28 PM
Days4Life
Oct 28 2008, 06:22 PM
Did the babysitter demand to know why then attempt to sabotage your campaign by coming forward with publicity you were a bad parent? Cause you know that always happens.
Exactly. I was on track to be the first female president and then my babysitter showed up at my Applebees press conference and called me a bad mom.

six
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Oct 28 2008, 06:58 PM
I also have to say that I'm enjoying the actor that plays Evan. I don't know if this is intended, but the writers seem to be trying to establish him as a character. First, he started off as just a Java Cafe worker, having scenes with some characters to give them their drinks. But then he was put into Abe's campaign storyline and he's been sharing scenes with the younger characters around his own age. I'd love for them to continue engraving his presence and making him a real character at some point.
Me too. He's been great, and I hope they flesh him out, and let us see more of him.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply