Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of 10/27
Topic Started: Oct 27 2008, 02:41 PM (4,762 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Days4Life
Oct 28 2008, 06:22 PM
ladyofthelake
Oct 28 2008, 06:04 PM
Days4Life
Oct 28 2008, 09:40 AM
DolceDiMera
Oct 27 2008, 10:19 PM
Days4Life
Oct 27 2008, 07:54 PM
Chelsea was really bratty and horrible to Melanie, which is why Melanie lashed out in kind. I don't blame her for that considering the way Chelsea attacked her in public. Melanie is definitely no angel, but she's in a very difficult situation--alone in the world, with only a brother she just found out about, no money, no home, and isn't she only 17? She's something of a brat, yes, but I think she's dealing with things the only way she knows how, which is by manipulation and seduction.

Chloe was heartless when Sami was saying her good-byes and shouldn't have even been there. And what exactly is behind that door where they keep stashing Allie? Isn't the Horton cabin one room? Why else would that big bed be in the main room? Nicole was kind of cute with Johnny, but I didn't like that they had her falling asleep and when EJ came in, he thought it was amusing. How was this different from Lucas letting Allie wander out the door while he was on house arrest? Johnny could have climbed off Nicole's lap and anything could have happened...that's not something to take lightly. And before someone says Nicole would have awakened if Johnny had moved, remember that EJ took him from her lap without her knowing. I think I've had too much experience with children to enjoy that scene.

I'm already tired of Sami in witness protection. I really, really dislike this storyline. Just tell EJ about the baby, Sami!

EJ did the exact same thing with Allie; Sami removed her from his lap and he didn't even notice because he was sound asleep. She had to wake him up. EJ probably remembered that incident and his other challenges while being a new caretaker of children, so that is why he could relate and found it sweet.
The difference is the age of the child. Falling asleep holding a baby is different than falling asleep holding a toddler. A baby can't go anywhere and you hold them against you; if they squirm around and cry, you will wake up or if not, at least the baby will stay put. A toddler like Johnny is mobile and quite capable of climbing down and wandering off to do who knows what. That was the issue when Lucas left Allie alone--she was able to walk and actually left the house through an open door. When you're caring for a toddler, you have to be alert all the time.
So, in other words, you never sleep? Come on. This is a little too much out of one little scene on a fictional show.
I walked in on a babysitter once who was asleep on the couch (at 7:30 in the evening) and my two year old was playing in the kitchen and my three year old was upstairs by himself, in a dark room, crying, so, yeah, I am a little sensitive about the situation. I fired the babysitter on the spot. As for my children, no, when they were young toddlers I never slept unless they were safely in their cribs sleeping themselves. I never said I thought Nicole was a horrible person or should be arrested or anything like that; I just didn't think it was cute and adorable. And it's a double standard because Lucas was raked over the coals by some for basically doing the same thing. But that's just MY feelings on the subject. :)
I guess I'm lucky my kids survived me, then. I can see your feelings on the subject, but seriously, it's a TV show. They could have written it for Johnny to walk away, but they didn't. I'm sure if Nicole had been a real person, I would have maybe thought differently.
Shoot, when I was 2 years old, I slipped away from my mom and climbed a ladder to a second story window. And she was wide awake! I'm just saying that a mom doesn't even need to be asleep for the split second for a toddler to take off.
And, since it wasn't scripted for Johnny to walk off, everyone lives happily ever after until the reunion of Ejami. (sigh)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

six
Oct 28 2008, 07:53 PM
DrewHamilton
Oct 28 2008, 06:58 PM
I also have to say that I'm enjoying the actor that plays Evan. I don't know if this is intended, but the writers seem to be trying to establish him as a character. First, he started off as just a Java Cafe worker, having scenes with some characters to give them their drinks. But then he was put into Abe's campaign storyline and he's been sharing scenes with the younger characters around his own age. I'd love for them to continue engraving his presence and making him a real character at some point.
Me too. He's been great, and I hope they flesh him out, and let us see more of him.
And he's not related to anyone! Yet.

Days4Life

DrewHamilton
Oct 28 2008, 06:58 PM

I also have to say that I'm enjoying the actor that plays Evan. I don't know if this is intended, but the writers seem to be trying to establish him as a character. First, he started off as just a Java Cafe worker, having scenes with some characters to give them their drinks. But then he was put into Abe's campaign storyline and he's been sharing scenes with the younger characters around his own age. I'd love for them to continue engraving his presence and making him a real character at some point.
I like him, too. This is a great way to introduce a new character. Bring him in gradually, interacting with established characters, and ease him into an ongoing storyline.

Except for her voice, which can be a little irritating, I'm loving Melanie. This actress was quite a find and shows lots of potential. She works well with the younger set but also holds her own against the vets. We've needed a little hellraiser around town, and I think she fits the description perfectly!

koos

I've only seen Monday's so far, but it was okay. I think Chloe being in Lucas and Sami's orbit is forced, and her bitchiness towards Sami more so. She doesn't even HAVE the history with Sami that, say, Kate and Nicole have. IMO, Chloe has no place as a character being tied up with Sami and being a bitch. It's just totally forced.

Nicole Walker

Let me point out that Sami has always been a bitch to Chloe and has no reason to be. I welcome Chloe's bitchiness towards Sami Brady anytime because Sami is simply a bitch. A bitch who accused and criticized Chloe for hooking Brady on drugs but then she should know about that since she got John hooked on drugs doing her run as Stan. Talk about hypocrisy. LMAO.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Oct 28 2008, 10:39 PM.

fenderbabe

Um...I'd just like to say that I adore Lauren, Jay, and Bryan together. She and her boys are made of 31 different flavors of awesome with optional sprinkles. Philip and Lucas are such mama's boys. I don't care what anyone says, the way they both despise Daniel is hilarious, and I like him with Kate. Funny that Philip of all people was the one who reasoned with Lucas about Daniel being Kate's only medical reference when he punch the guy less than a week ago!

I fell out of my chair with some of the things Chelsea said today- finally admitting her savior crush on Daniel and that she was being petty towards Kate. Seriously, my ass hit the floor. Did I imagine that, or...should I spread word of the apocalypse?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Today was a really good episode.

I love that Kate's story took center stage today. I appreciate how many scenes we are getting of Kate and her sons and I'm so glad they mention Billie and Austin repeatedly. Also like that Chelsea mentioned her mother being gone too. Jay Johnson was wonderful in his scenes. You could see tears in his eyes. He showed great emotional depth and his son/mother chemistry with Lauren Koslow is off the charts. Their scenes were so emotional and so well done. Loved them and loved Kate's scenes with Lucas too. I like that Lucas played the overprotective one today. It's so funny. After years of Kate meddling in their lives, we have had Philip and now Lucas meddle in her's. Runs in the family. I also like how Kate is handling it. It's so in-character for her to handle it this way and to show weakness when no one is around or looking, like when she was embracing Philip today. Very good scenes.

I'm so glad to finally say that I think Daniel/Chelsea are finished officially now. Her words about it only being a crush and all sounded like they were ripped right off the boards. I like how they mentioned him saving her father and her life as what helped lead to it. Melvin is back on her game again and I do think this is the end of the constant Chelsea berating Kate and Daniel scenes. She is on the path to moving on. I sensed some closure today, finally. Nice choice of flashback too going back to Chelsea's saving Bo's life with Kate by her side. I liked the little moment when Chelsea gave Kate the medal. I understand why she ran out. She's still not ready to let herself give in and just forgive. That is a key component to this story that has to play out.

Really enjoying Abe running for mayor and I'm so happy with the realistic conflict it's brought to Abe and Lexie. I also love how the autism angle plays into it. The actor playing Theo is just fantastic and I thought the woman who pissed Lexie off was a pretty good actress. Lexie is coming unglued a bit. I really hope this takes Lexie back to her Dimera roots, which seem to be showing lately. Great job by RJ and JR today. Very good scenes and, like many others, I hope to see more of Evan. He has potential to stick around. The actor is really good. It seems like the show is testing him out so I hope it leads to something.

I get so much of a kick out of Bo and Hope right now. This isn't like under Hogan when they were in cop mode. They are playful and enjoying this (as is the case in tomorrow's episode too). I understand why they are treating Melanie harshly. She does herself no favors with the attitude. Loved the will reading scenes and Melanie's reactions to not getting anything LOL. Loved Bope setting her up too. Let me just say Bope are HILARIOUS tomorrow LOL. I also like Max beginning to think Melanie is guilty. It shows growth and shows that he isn't blinded by her completely. Melanie's little nightmare with the letters in the beginning was freaky. The voice on the phone did kind of sound like who we all know it was LOL.

Overall, a very good Tuesday episode.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Chelsea had absolutely NO right to taunt and bully Melanie the way she did. Chelsea had that Zack card thrown in her face coming! Chelsea is such a pathetic sanctimonious BITCH!!

And sorry but Rachel Melvin's acting (or lack thereof) doesn't impress me.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Oct 29 2008, 01:46 AM
I get so much of a kick out of Bo and Hope right now. This isn't like under Hogan when they were in cop mode. They are playful and enjoying this (as is the case in tomorrow's episode too). I understand why they are treating Melanie harshly. She does herself no favors with the attitude. Loved the will reading scenes and Melanie's reactions to not getting anything LOL. Loved Bope setting her up too. Let me just say Bope are HILARIOUS tomorrow LOL. I also like Max beginning to think Melanie is guilty. It shows growth and shows that he isn't blinded by her completely. Melanie's little nightmare with the letters in the beginning was freaky. The voice on the phone did kind of sound like who we all know it was LOL.
I don't like how Bo and Hope act so holier than thou with Melanie (don't get me wrong, I love Hope - and sometimes Bo when he's not being a dick - but I will call them out on their behavior when I feel they're both treating another character unfairly and this is one of those times). I like that Melanie threw it all back at Bo and Hope by saying they can go to hell. LMAO!! Everyone will SO owe Melanie an apology when the REAL killer is revealed. LOL!

Sindacco
Member Avatar

KristianFanForever
Oct 29 2008, 03:27 AM
Chelsea had absolutely NO right to taunt and bully Melanie the way she did. Chelsea had that Zack card thrown in her face coming! Chelsea is such a pathetic sanctimonious BITCH!!

And sorry but Rachel Melvin's acting (or lack thereof) doesn't impress me.
I totally agree, I can't stand Chelsea and RM is overrated.

Alligato
Member Avatar

fenderbabe
Oct 28 2008, 11:44 PM
Um...I'd just like to say that I adore Lauren, Jay, and Bryan together. She and her boys are made of 31 different flavors of awesome with optional sprinkles. Philip and Lucas are such mama's boys. I don't care what anyone says, the way they both despise Daniel is hilarious, and I like him with Kate. Funny that Philip of all people was the one who reasoned with Lucas about Daniel being Kate's only medical reference when he punch the guy less than a week ago!
fender - got a kick out of your post - especially the 31 flavors reference! LOL!
The best part of yesterday's show was the Roberts clan and having the brothers fuss over mom.
If I didn't remember Kate coughing up blood, I could see Daniel setting all of this up...something in a comment that Kate said that Daniel was the one that diagnosed her. That would be an interesting twist...I just don't see where all of this is going. If LK isn't leaving the show, what is the point of this story? Kind of like the "omental torsion" crap earlier this year...what was the point of that? Just to get Kate in a hospital gown? Which isn't her best look, btw!
She looked great in the red sparkly shirt and grey dress yesterday...and I have to laugh at the Hearth and Home references. She is so not Martha Stewart!

And all that crap in the spoilers that Phillip fires Lucas because of Chloe (or something like that) was nothing considering that Kate asked him to take over...unless something else is coming up.

Look forward to today!

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Oct 29 2008, 06:56 AM
I totally agree, I can't stand Chelsea and RM is overrated.
Wow, I better mark my calendar for this! Sindacco and I actually agree on something!! :rockon:

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Victor gave Chelsea that metal when she did the sacrifice of a portion of her spleen to save her father and she could have died as well. I think it was a very touching thing to do to give it to Kate and had appropriate meaning. However, Chelsea/Rachel is annoying me so by the way she does her mouth which is not appropriate for a 22 year old....more like a twelve year old. I don't like her hairstyle either. Rachel is gorgeous as well as a very good serious actress and these are downplays on her.

I can definitely see the chemistry between Kate and Daniel. Also, the way Sami has treated Chloe is exactly the reason Chloe is showing her how much she she thinks of her LOL.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar

Victor gave Chelsea a medal for doing something any other decent human being would have done without thought of reward? Pfffft...What a joke! :lol:

esp13
Member Avatar

Victor didn't give her the medal as reward or something, he did it as a gesture of love. I think it was a symbol of a patron saint watching over her and keeping her safe. Which is why Chelsea passed it on to Kate.

Nicole Walker

Bope are really getting on my nerves right now. Nicole is so cute with her baby bump. JS and AZ have amazing chemistry, I just wish they'd really write for them.

Days4Life

Sami actually looks cute today.

I love Bo, Hope and Melanie. They look like they are having fun with these scenes.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Pretty good show today..I really enjoyed the Bo, Hope, Melanie scenes..As well as Philip, Chloe, and Melanie...I'm just enjoying Melanie so much, she's sure a spitfire...I really liked how the tides turned from Melanie to Nicole in todays episode..So far i'm enjoying this murder mystery..

Nicole Walker

Nicole is innocent I tell ya, INNOCENT!! Sometimes. LOL.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Oct 29 2008, 08:09 PM.

Days4Life

I was so proud of Nicole for not jumping on that half-hearted proposal from EJ. He clearly is more interested in being a father than being a husband right now, and I'm glad Nicole saw that. Until he's ready to say he loves her and wants to be with her (baby or no baby) and comes up with a real proposal (with an enormous diamond), he doesn't deserve her.

I absolutely loved Melanie today. Philip and Chloe were good, too, and I liked the Chloe/Melanie interaction. There's a lot of bitchiness in Salem lately! I'm glad Philip brought Melanie back down to earth regarding the note. Definitely not likely that Trent named his killer and sent the note to his lawyer and then went wandering around in a dark cemetery.

Sami amused me today. Guarding her is definitely a job that should require hazard pay.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply