Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of 10/27
Topic Started: Oct 27 2008, 02:41 PM (4,685 Views)
Alligato
Member Avatar

jane1978
Oct 30 2008, 03:30 PM
We know Dan has a weekness for his cancer patients. And when Chloe told him about her leukemia he almost seemed to light up. He didnīt care about her at all before but the moment he discovers she was a cancer patient too, he is interested? Ewwww!

Jane - you are so funny. I was thinking the same thing...hmm...I wonder if Dan knows about Chloe's past illness. Days could really set it up to make Daniel a major medical-sexual weirdo...much better than they did with Nick being a druggie.

I thought Sami looked beautiful today again...like the pretty lady that she is. It is just amazing that Sami is back to being annoying/schemy Sami again, and Lucas was back to being fun/reasonable Lucas again. I am so happy to see them again.

Nicole's scenes were good, but I wish that woman would learn her lesson and spill the truth at the beginning. Bope still annoys the mess out of me with their smugness and snobbery! Loved that EJ called them on alot of crap, and took up for Nicole, but I have a feeling that with Nicole lying, he isn't going to like that much.
If only we could get EJ back a bit shady, like Sami and Lucas have been brought back to who they were, maybe EJ could find himself and who he wants again...and go after it like only he knows how and fix her situation.

Abe/Lexie/Theo wasn't that interesting, but at least they are still dealing with that story and it hasn't been dropped.

Good show. I love Hilda. She was on Northern Exposure years back and was one of my favorite characters.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Days4Life

I don't know the name of the actress that plays Hilda, but I recognize her face and she's always a great character in whatever she does. She's one of those actors that shows up all over the place and steals the show!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Hilda was hilarious and i loved her scenes with Sami today.. How ironic is it that Sami drugs her with sleeping pills to get some peace and quite and there is now an intruder outside...Can't wait...And loved Kate and Chloe today...They have really improved Chloe's character lately...Also while i'm not a fan of Chloe and Lucas, i'm starting to get used to them..Just no more love scenes...

And Nicole, EJ, Bo, and Hope was great...Love that the tides turned from Melanie to Nicole...This murder mystery is great so far...First Caroline, then Melanie, and now Nicole...

jane1978

Kevc1980
Oct 30 2008, 05:51 PM
Hilda was hilarious and i loved her scenes with Sami today.. How ironic is it that Sami drugs her with sleeping pills to get some peace and quite and there is now an intruder outside...Can't wait...And loved Kate and Chloe today...They have really improved Chloe's character lately...Also while i'm not a fan of Chloe and Lucas, i'm starting to get used to them..Just no more love scenes...

And Nicole, EJ, Bo, and Hope was great...Love that the tides turned from Melanie to Nicole...This murder mystery is great so far...First Caroline, then Melanie, and now Nicole...
Are you spoiler free or not? Because I would really love to be spoiler free right now, I like the show even knowing what will happen but I think itīs really exciting for a general fan who doesnīt care enough to read the boards or mags. Probably a huge reason why the numbers are so good recently.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

jane1978
Oct 30 2008, 06:29 PM
Kevc1980
Oct 30 2008, 05:51 PM

Are you spoiler free or not? Because I would really love to be spoiler free right now, I like the show even knowing what will happen but I think itīs really exciting for a general fan who doesnīt care enough to read the boards or mags. Probably a huge reason why the numbers are so good recently.

No i'm not, so i know who it is..But for the unspoiled, i loved the way they did the previews...In fact thats one thing thats really improved with Days since Tomlin has taken over..The previews do make you want to tune in the next day, even if the day itself isn't the most exciting..

Kenny
Member Avatar

Can someone please wake me when Melanie dies?

Thanks! :)

daysfan
Member Avatar

I watched Days today for the first time in a little while, and it wasn't horrible, in fact I rather enjoyed alot of it, only weird thing to me is...

Do every one of Nicole's husbands leave some type of "If I die, Nicole killed me!" message? :P Not that I'm bashing it, I just find it kind of funny.

Nicole Walker

I just saw Sami and Rafe scenes on youtube. I think this is gonna be good!!

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Just watched on Soapnet.....

Bope were annoying and too smug.....

My Mom commented during the preview for tomorrow that the door to the apartment Sami is being held in barely has any type of decent locks on it at all.....

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

WTF is up with Nadia's hair?? It is so screwed up in the back. She looks like the crystal skull from the Indiana Jones movie.

I agree, Rhi. Bo and Hope are really irritating me with their cocky attitudes. My mom agrees too. I liked when Nicole told Bo to get his greasy hands off her dress and said it was worth more than he makes in a year. :laugh:

The Sami and Hilda scenes were funny!

Nicole Walker

LMAO @ Nicole!!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Oct 30 2008, 03:30 PM
goldylicious
Oct 30 2008, 01:56 PM
Oh, there was major chemistry between Daniel and Chloe in their brief scene together. The two of them look way to pretty together :)
Sorry, I know it wasnīt intentional but I thought "the bonding moment" between Chloe and Dan was the most creepy scene ever.

We know Dan has a weekness for his cancer patients. And when Chloe told him about her leukemia he almost seemed to light up. He didnīt care about her at all before but the moment he discovers she was a cancer patient too, he is interested? Ewwww!

And another thing, the writers could give atleast a few lines to Chloe when she stood there during the whole Dan/Lucas conversation. I couldnīt focus on the conversation at all because the entire time I was watching Chloe and poor Nadia unsuccesfull attempt to look concerned and not utterly bored.

But her conversation with Kate later was nice.
I'm glad you pointed it out because I thought the same.

Daniel seemed to be interested out of courtesy but as soon as she mentioned being a cancer survivor, his eyes lit up like a kid on Christmas. I did like their scenes though and him and Chloe has a nice chemistry. Nadia has improved alot and so has the writing for Chloe. I liked the Chloe/Kate scene. Both were hard-nosed and I like how Chloe told Kate to use breaking her and Lucas up as an incentive to get better. I'm glad they had Chloe really affected by what was going on with Kate. That scene after she walked out of the room was good stuff. Nice nod to history. I didn't mind Nadia not having any lines in that scene and I think Nadia played that scene well. She added little nuances that showed how uncomfortable she was with what was going on due to her own past history with cancer. Nice touch. Lucas/Kate was good too. Really liked his bringing up her rising from nothing and how he was there and she needs to use her energy to fight, not put on a show. All around good scenes. I'm really happy with how the Kate story is playing.

Abe/Lexie/Theo felt like filler but it was necessary to portray some realism in Abe's campaign and to present more of the autism plot. I thought it was all handled well and I liked the reporter. She was real pretty. I also really liked how the Abe/Lexie stuff and Kate stuff picked up nicely from Tuesday. That is how you know everyone in in sync. Lexie said they would be back on Tuesday and they came back today. Kate was told she had to have treatment for a few hours and those few hours nearly finished today. Much better flow and continuity.

Bo and Hope were smug but, again, their relationship with Nicole has always been like that so I don't mind it. I like how they presented the circumstantial evidence first to show why they had the warrant. Good scenes and like how the flashbacks were tossed in and nice touches with Nicole having little pains here and there. Liked Hope mentioning Colin and Victor.

Sami and Hilda were great and nice cliffhanger ending too. Tomlin has indeed brought those back, which were needed. I agree that they are dressing Ali much better, which is quite ironic considering how she is isolated from everyone. They should've been dressing her this way when she was around more people. Loved the NBC synergy too with L&O: SVU in the background. Now that is how to promote without being annoying LOL. I love Hilda and the actress. Ali and her worked well together. Ali is good as long as Sami is edgy, bitchy, or sarcastic. Anything but whining and crying is her strength. They are writing her in character so they are catering to her skills, which is needed and thank God they are doing it.

Good show and tomorrow is a nice Friday show. Let me just say...JS and the character of EJ totally comes alive tomorrow for those who want edgy EJ back.

Days4Life

daysfan
Oct 30 2008, 10:28 PM
I watched Days today for the first time in a little while, and it wasn't horrible, in fact I rather enjoyed alot of it, only weird thing to me is...

Do every one of Nicole's husbands leave some type of "If I die, Nicole killed me!" message? :P Not that I'm bashing it, I just find it kind of funny.
I always laugh when that plot device is used. It apparently does happen in real life, though. On those 48 Hour Mystery and Dateline shows, they are always interviewing people who say "Jane Doe told me if anything ever happens to her, John Doe is the one who did it." And I live close to where two high profile missing women cases are ongoing and family members and friends say the same thing about the husbands in those cases.

six
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Oct 31 2008, 12:35 AM

Let me just say...JS and the character of EJ totally comes alive tomorrow for those who want edgy EJ back.
Thank goodness. It's about time.

Jane, being spoiler free really does help. It's impossible to avoid them all and still go to message boards, but not knowing every twist and turn has made the show a lot more interesting.

I didn't see the Daniel/Chloe chemistry that everyone else did. I'd prefer them to keep exploring Daniel and Kate.

I'd really like to know what's going on with Stefano and the hitman. There was one small scene last week, and it wasn't touched anymore. Is no one investigating the mayor's murder? It would be something good for Roman to do. He could consult with Steve on it.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I'm watching a bit of today's show and Hope's acting like the biggest bitch ever to Nicole! Jesus. Talk about sanctimonious.

Mason

Kenny
Oct 31 2008, 12:34 PM
I'm watching a bit of today's show and Hope's acting like the biggest bitch ever to Nicole! Jesus. Talk about sanctimonious.
I hate it when Bo and Hope are written that way, so high and mighty. I can't stand it!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Mason
Oct 31 2008, 12:35 PM
Kenny
Oct 31 2008, 12:34 PM
I hate it when Bo and Hope are written that way, so high and mighty. I can't stand it!
What pisses me off is the way they're always so willing to bend the rules for their own family, but let someone else screw up and they're all, "You're gonna be behind bars -- HA, BITCH!" I hate it! LoL

Kenny
Member Avatar

Wooooo EJ! How sexy you are when you're screaming and manhandling women!

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Ok today's show was pretty good.

Dare I say I like GG so far? Of course, his role wasn't Hamlet for him to perform/screwup but I did like his introduction and I do think there is chemistry with he and Sami. Not sure if it's enough for a new love interest but I'm more than willing to watch and see.

Now the EJole stuff was intense, JS is awesome when he gets riled up like that. Someday someone should schedule him for an angry sex scene.

Now the parts with Nick, Melanie and Max...you guys really had to look for it. It was just so subtle, but they briefly showed Nick indiscreetly take a pill. I was at first sure it was just a vitamin but you never know. [/sarcasm] Seriously, I was about to wonder if we were getting another product placement the camera lingered for so long.

I really like Philip/Stephanie. Many wonder how the hell Philip can sit out there on those patio chairs which his mother and Daniel performed their business on. My opinion is the Kimansion just comes regularly stocked with two of everything. He simply had the chairs switched out for backups.

Meanwhile, I really like Philip/Stephanie.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Loved the Rafe and Sami scenes. God, it's so nice to see Sami in character again. Also agree about the Philip and Stephanie scenes. I think they could be great together

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply