Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Weekly Discussion; Week of 10/27
Topic Started: Oct 27 2008, 02:41 PM (4,734 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Tripp
Oct 31 2008, 12:53 PM
Now the parts with Nick, Melanie and Max...you guys really had to look for it. It was just so subtle, but they briefly showed Nick indiscreetly take a pill. I was at first sure it was just a vitamin but you never know. [/sarcasm] Seriously, I was about to wonder if we were getting another product placement the camera lingered for so long.
LMAO! :laugh: :roflol:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

Today's show was pretty good!

I just can't say it enough...I hate me some Bo and Hope right now. Her snobbery and smugness just pisses me off to no end dealing with Melanie and Nicole, but when it was Max or Caroline, Hope was so far up their ass it wasn't funny.
By the way, why isn't Max still in prison? How did they get him out even though they found a tshirt with Trent's blood all over it after Max confronted him in the cemetary the night he died???

Oh my EJ where have you been? I love it when EJ gets pissed off! They should have made him wear black for extra effect! I love it that Nicole brought it out in him...and that she saw him like that. It must be true love because EJ only treats those women he loves like shit.

And boy, does wrong news travel fast! Phillip, Stephanie, Victor, Melanie, Nick, Max, Caroline all think Nicole did it...and she hadn't been booked yet.

I liked me some Phillip and Stephanie, but really tired of Steph constantly talking about Max.

And again, Nick just looks like he is stoned...what have they done to my poor upstanding citizen Nick?

Great show today!!

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Alligato
Oct 31 2008, 02:00 PM

And again, Nick just looks like he is stoned...what have they done to my poor upstanding citizen Nick?

Probably needs to take more of those vitamins he was popping!

Days4Life

Good show today. Yeah, Hope wasn't very friendly in her dealings with Nicole, but that's typical cop behavior. Of course, the problem is that the Bradys don't treat any of their own family that way when they are hauled into the police station. At least she did say she'd do her best to make sure Nicole was safe.

Loved angry EJ!

Sami was great today. I loved how, when Rafe was telling her how wrong it was to drug Hilda, she tried to make herself the victim. Typical, classic Sami.

Nick looked awful and is acting very strange. I noticed the pill bottle, and I don't think it's vitamins he's taking!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I loved EJ today too! Galen wasn't that bad. He was better than what I expected him to be by the preview.

I am also not liking Bo and Hope right now (Hope is bugging me more though). The cocky attitudes they have are driving me nuts. Also, it irritates me how they act like that have all this evidence against Nicole. Bullshit! The fucking note doesn't mean anything and the button doesn't prove anything either. Yet Caroline is totally in the clear now?? They found her holding the murder weapon over his dead body and only her prints were on it. What a joke!

Overall a pretty good show today.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Angie79
Oct 31 2008, 03:24 PM
I loved EJ today too! Galen wasn't that bad. He was better than what I expected him to be by the preview.

I am also not liking Bo and Hope right now (Hope is bugging me more though). The cocky attitudes they have are driving me nuts. Also, it irritates me how they act like that have all this evidence against Nicole. Bullshit! The fucking note doesn't mean anything and the button doesn't prove anything either. Yet Caroline is totally in the clear now?? They found her holding the murder weapon over his dead body and only her prints were on it. What a joke!

Co Sign to everything you said....... :thumbsup:

Common sense goes out the window when your in Higleyvile......

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I think it's all been logical. Caroline was caught with the murder weapon, standing right above the body. She later admitted to having a confrontation with Trent at the Pub that was witnessed by people in which she threatened Trent with a knife. That is why the charges against her stuck. Max....all they had was the bloody shirt and he admitted the blood was from a fight they had earlier that night, which was witnssed by Chelsea, Nick, and Melanie and I assume the Salem Inn cameras can vouch for him on when he was there to back up his story. The show made it a point to bring up how the DA didn't think they had enough on Max, unlike Caroline, who they had a ton on, so they didn't pursue further action with Max. As for Melanie, she lied and planted evidence on someone else, which is why Bope were so harsh to her. She was impeding the investigation. She had Trent's wallet, which places her at the scene. She openly threatened Trent at the Pub and had motive. As for Nicole, they can place her at the scene of the crime due to the bead. She openly lied to the cops about not confronting Trent at all prior to his murder. She was seen several times at the Pub with Trent. She had motive because she lost everything because of him and the letter and torn marriage license Trent left reveals that he felt threatened by her. And here is the key...she has a history which goes along way. I've heard of that happening in real life where a past history plays a role in how you are deal with. She may not have been charged but they all know she tried to kill Colin and Victor (several times). You have enough to hold her and the DA, who was mentioned, probably deemed it enough and it's logical that the DA would.

My favorite part of today's episode was EJ. He came alive today and JS seemed to channel all of his frustration with the writing for himself of late into his performance. Very good stuff. He was right to. Nicole needed to be put in her place. I like her but enough was enough and I;m glad he emphasized how it's no longer just about her...it's about the three of them. I don't mind Bo and Hope being smug with Nicole or Melanie. They both have done themselves no favors by lying to the police and Nicole has never got along with Bo and Hope. To be fair, Hope did say they would make sure Nicole and the baby would be ok. I did like the Bo/Melanie scenes and how dismissive Melanie was of Bo's trying to be nice to her. Good scenes.

Nice that they threw in Nick taking a pill LOL. I don't think that was very subtle. I prefer his weird behavior and how haggard he looks. That to me is a better way of showing something is up then the pill but whatever. I did like the ending too with them making Melanie look guilty as sin right after a teary-eyed Nicole said someone else did it. That was a nice touch and reminded me of something we would see during the SSK story. Good cliffhanger and it set things up for the audience to know something more is up.

I just loved Philip and Stephanie. I like that they have Philip interested in Melanie because she is interesting. She is like a little toy for him. Very Victor-like. I also appreciated them having Stephanie ask for brandi when Philip offered her a drink. It makes her seem older LOL. They do look good together and they seem to enjoy working together. Good scenes. I had to laugh too with how fast word travels in Salem LOL. Shelley looked amazing today too.

Sami and Rafe was good to start. Galen didn't get much but he didn't go overboard. He was reserved and didn't go too far, which he could've in these scenes. There was chemistry but it wasn't off the charts. It could be but it's hard to say on the first day. Sami was classic Sami again with her trying to be the victim LOL.

All in all, a good end to a good week.

cjknick
Member Avatar

I'm still not sold on this Rafe character but I know it takes time for actors to "get" their character and to move it beyond the stereo type cliche. Good writing can help but this is Days and Days is fortunate to have some beyond great actors. Just hope it rubs off on GG. So far IMO Rafe and Sami zero chemistry....

I have high hopes however for Stephanie and Phillip and I think Daniel and Chloe could be "smoken". I could see these two couple lighting up the screen.

Melanie and Nick and Phillip and Melanie are horrible .... they need to recast Will and Let Melanie be all bad on him... crooking her little finger and watch him turn to jello....

Nicole and EJ - Holy Crap can James Scott deliver a scene or WHAT! Wow when he went off on Nicole he scared me! Great Scene - Best scene of the week!

desertgal

I loved the Samii and Rafe scenes today - Sami was so guilty and she was back-peddling so hard but Rafe wasn't having it.

I thought Galen and Ali did great and especially Galen for his first day on set. I think the chemistry is gonna come - no doubt about it.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I have yet to see the whole episode, but I see that Nick's pill popping is finally being seen. And what do you know? Something happens next week that makes that make sense. If only this could've happened a few weeks ago. :eyeroll: Without watching the scenes, I'm going to assume that the camera focused heavily on Nick's pill bottle. Subtlty has never been DAYS' calling.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I wasn't sure I'd like Galen on the show at first, but boy did i change my mind..I loved his introduction and it was fun watching Sami squirm..I think i'm going to really enjoy this witness protection storyline...And i think Galen and Ali have a nice chemistry...

Now onto James Scott and Ari Zucker, kudos to both of them for a great performance today....Loved EJ going off on Nicole and telling her to stop complaining everytime he mentioned Sami...Also great ending with Nicole telling the audience she didn't kill Trent and them making it look like it just might be Melanie...Seriously, this murder mystery is great so far...

Also Phillip and Stephanie as friends is great...I really hope Tomlin and Whitsell can end the incest and put Phillip and Stephanie together..Then give us a story of Patch and Victor objecting to it...

Very good show today...The show really has kicked it up a notch, which i'm very happy for..The writing is so much better for the majority of characters and each day has been entertaining..The show is not perfect yet, they still have some kinks to iron out, like the lack of story for Tony, Anna, Stefano, Steve and Kayla..and also its time to get John and Marlena story back to the frontburner..But you can tell the groundwork is starting to be laid out..

jeanneshuis
Member Avatar

for me its just so awesome i get to see galen again
9 yrs of loving him i'm gonna love rafe too ali and galen are friends off set as well its cool to see them interacting
same with eric i love him so just being able
to watch him as brady many of us passions fans worried we
would never see our favs again this happens so often
when shows go off the air now we get 2 in one show

Posted Image

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

I loved the EJ and Nicole scenes. EJ was empowered, angry, passionate, and it was sexy. Scripts like these must have been what James was talking about in regards to being happy about the new writing. I think gray EJ is emerging again, slowly but surely.
So when exactly did Philip and Stephanie become BFF? She just stopped by the mansion and started unloading her problems on Philip like it was something she does on a regular basis. The same goes for their random scene in the Java Cafe. I am not against future interactions between these two but so far it is forced.
Rafe/Galen is a nice addition to the cast so far.

Days4Life

Forgot to mention the cliffhanger ending, with Melanie's reflection in the knife--loved that. It really did remind me of the sort of stuff we got in the SSK story; very chilling. Also chilling was when EJ was ripping into Nicole--which she deserved--and he was talking about how he saw the red dot on Sami's head and thought she was going to die right in front of him. Awesome scene; reminded me of some of the great Stefano scenes when he gets all scary and intense.

Since I'm mostly spoiler free, I'm really looking forward to next week. I feel like some good stuff is building!

jane1978

After today Im definitely on the Stephanie/Phillip ship. I saw huge chemistry between them today and I was almost shocked how flirty, playfull and tantalizing Shelly was in the scene because with Max she is usually very submissive. While the scene was very innocent and strictly friends only stuif, there was some huge sexual undertone going. I really think Stax are over forever.

Nicole Walker

Today's eppy was great. Bope are getting on my nerves. Ejole and Rami were great. Not sure about Phillip and Stephanie.

six
Member Avatar

Angie79
Oct 31 2008, 03:24 PM

I totally agree with everything you said. It's about time EJ told Nicole off. Now, if only there was a reason for him to do the same to Melanie. She'll probably need a lawyer soon anyway when bope comes back to harass her again.

I don't see why Caroline and Max have been cleared so quickly either.

I was sort of open to a Phil/Stef pairing until she got all weird on him about liking Melanie. How is that even any of her business? She already dragged Max down. There's no reason to let it happen to poor Philip too. Philip kept calling Melanie a woman over and over again. Is she being sorased? That would make bope's treatment of her a bit more tolerable.

Classic Sami was fun.

Oh, what happened with Bo's bid to be Commander? Did he get the job?

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

GG didn't impress me that much today all I saw was him playing Rafe the same way he played Luis on Passions, hopefully his acting will improve and get better then it was on Passions....... ^o)

mesagirl
Member Avatar

Bope is driving me crazy, especially Hope. No way does a note and a torn up marriage certificate = being locked up in a jail cell awaiting an arraignment. One would think a shirt with the vic's blood all over it, would put someone behind bars a lot quicker than what they have on Nicole. Only in Salem I guess :drunk:

I am not really liking Phil and Stephanie, not as a couple anyway. Not seeing much chemistry there. Anything is an improvement over Stax though.

Sami.... ahhh our dear Sami. Stupid as ever. Back to being scheming sort of, but in such a stupid way. I guess that's Sami's MO though ;) I wasn't super impressed with GG either. I thought the acting was pretty flat. But, I'll give him some time to warm up to the role.

I loved the ending though. The way they used the knife with Melanie. Spooky! Perfect for Halloween :applause:
Edited by mesagirl, Nov 1 2008, 12:02 AM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

cjknick
Oct 31 2008, 03:49 PM
I'm still not sold on this Rafe character but I know it takes time for actors to "get" their character and to move it beyond the stereo type cliche. Good writing can help but this is Days and Days is fortunate to have some beyond great actors. Just hope it rubs off on GG. So far IMO Rafe and Sami zero chemistry....

I have high hopes however for Stephanie and Phillip and I think Daniel and Chloe could be "smoken". I could see these two couple lighting up the screen.

Melanie and Nick and Phillip and Melanie are horrible .... they need to recast Will and Let Melanie be all bad on him... crooking her little finger and watch him turn to jello....

Nicole and EJ - Holy Crap can James Scott deliver a scene or WHAT! Wow when he went off on Nicole he scared me! Great Scene - Best scene of the week!

Arianne Zucker was in that scene, too, don't forget.
I was pleasantly surprise by Rafe. I'm not a fangirl by any means, but I've definitely seen worse. (Marcus Patrick, anyone?) I did notice some cute sparks there. Although, I love the sparks between Ali and Nick Tuturro. I kinda miss him and that accent!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply