Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Dena Higley blog 10/28
Topic Started: Oct 28 2008, 05:47 PM (4,994 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I'd like to mention the passing of Jim Reilly.
October 28, 2008

I haven't made an entry for a while. Things have been very busy here at DOOL. We've added new writing staff members--most notably my new co-head, Chris. Yeah! Chris and I have been synching up with Gary as our new and very wonderful executive producer and coming up with some fun storylines for the near future. There's a new direction to the show and a new energy and I hope the fans are enjoying it as much as I am. If you're an EJAMI fan, I urge you to hang in there for the long haul. We've got a long way to go with Sami and EJ and our new character, Rafe. We also have another new actor on the canvas and I'm excited about his interpretation of Brady, who will be factoring into the Nicole side of this grouping. This "dueling pregnancies" story is driving now and we've got a lot of twists and turns coming up. It's going to be a fun ride no matter who you root for as a couple. I'm sure you all think you know where the story is going but I think we have a few surprises up our sleeves.

At home, things are crazy, as always. You'd think, with two kids gone, that I'd have less on my plate, but that's just not the case. I just got back from visiting Connor in Florida for parent's weekend at BEACON College in Leesburg. It was a wonderful trip. We went to a dinner/dance fundraiser together and he forgot his dress shoes, so in true Florida style, he went in a dress shirt/pants and flip flops. He's so handsome now, as some of you may have seen in PEOPLE Magazine. We spent some time in Orlando at one of the resorts and had a lot of fun. I can't wait for him to visit home at Thanksgiving.

Jensen got the flu bug going around USC and sweetly gave it to me. But she's better now (she recovered much quickly than I did) and she's loving college. She's getting involved in the election. I'm proud of how she's so excited to be voting for the first time. She's taking that responsibility very seriously and doing some campaigning for her candidate of choice. (I can't say more because Jensen likes her privacy.)

Adelle is playing volleyball. She is really into the TWILIGHT series of books. She can't put them down. She is anxiously awaiting the movie.

Helio is running cross country and navigating the difficult waters of 7th grade. He's so sweet and handsome and continues to be a real leader with his peers.

As for other events of note, I'd like to mention the passing of Jim Reilly. He was, and will always remain, an amazing force behind the history of DAYS. I was lucky enough to write for him during the "Buried Alive" storyline--one of my favorites. Of course, I think he will most be remembered for having Marlena act completely out of character when she was possessed and then again when she was a serial killer. Two very popular and successful storylines. Jim's imagination was crazy and it was an adventure working for him. He will be missed by the entire daytime community.

http://www.daysofourlives.com/denasblog/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Finally she talks about the show, at least a little. Thanks for posting.

Jonatha

Thanks, Angie. Dena's remarks about Ejami coincide with rumors about James saying the same kind of thing during his recent appearance in Peoria. It is rumored James said that Ejami are the 'endgame' after many twists and turns.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Does anyone really care who Sami ends up with?

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

She mentions JER writing Marlena out of character during the possession and Salem Stalker storylines,look who's talking,I have never seen Marlena more out of character now than ever before.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Sindacco
Oct 28 2008, 05:55 PM
At this point I'd rather Sami end up alone.......

Jonatha

Sindacco
I honestly don't care because I haven't watched in so long. But I may tune back in to see this Galen dude. :popcorn:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I think Dena has written it so much that by the time they put Ejami together, not too many except the die-hard Ejami fans will care. Plus, if they twist and turn this down the road, how do we know they won't change their minds or have more backstage turmoil?
Oh, well, as long as they give Nicole good stuff.....(and as long as we don't hear any na-na-na-na-boo-boo stuff)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Days4Life

This blog of Dena's was a big improvement over the others. A little about the show, a little about the family, nice tribute to JER...I enjoyed reading this one. She sounds much more positive than she has in the past and that's a good thing for the show. If we're going to be stuck with Dena as HW, I want her to be positive and focused and energized, and it sounds like she is, at least for now.

Alligato
Member Avatar

The EJami story was one of my favorites of all recent couples, and right now I couldn't care less. I don't understand what it means to "hang in there for the long haul" as James Scott said that too. I am already tired of waiting for some kind of movement from those two!

I do look forward to these twists and turns and surprises that she talks about. I feel like I already know what is going to happen - Nicole miscarries, goes crazy, steals Sami's baby to pass off as her own, it all comes out when EJ and Nicole are getting married and EJami lives happily ever after - so if it is anything other than, I will be so pleasantly surprised. Interesting that Brady may hook back up with Nicole...so much for Chloe? I wonder how they will handle their hostility from when they left?

So glad that she mentioned the show!
Thanks for passing this on!!!

jules

Thanks for posting. This whole "dueling pregnancies" is already a bore. This is the usual Days promise of exciting twists and turns in storylines that never seem to happen. Ultimately, I give what Dena says too much credence since her last post was that "John and Marlena were far from over". I'd call a finalized divorce and the backburner pretty close to being over.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

I have never cared who Sami ends up with because I know it won't last.

Sami: I love Austin.
No Franco
No Austin
No Brandon
No Austin
No Brandon
No Lucas
No Brandon
No Lucas
No Austin
No Lucas
No EJ
No Lucas
No EJ
No Rafel
No Leonardo
No Donatello
No Michelangelo

:blah:

Ellie

Thanks Angie!

So let's see, since JER wrote Marlena "out of character", it's ok for Dena to do? And let's not forget that Dena was a part of one of JER's most famous storylines. Really, I find that entire paragraph to be in very poor taste.

As for the rest (well, the Days section)... glad to hear that "it's going to be a fun ride no matter who you root for as a couple." Because so far, I think it hasn't been a fun ride at all no matter who you root for, since Dena has destroyed almost every couple she inherited at the beginning of her tenure. I think this little statement is her way of covering herself should she upset even more fanbases.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Oct 28 2008, 06:36 PM
I have never cared who Sami ends up with because I know it won't last.

Sami: I love Austin.
No Franco
No Austin
No Brandon
No Austin
No Brandon
No Lucas
No Brandon
No Lucas
No Austin
No Lucas
No EJ
No Lucas
No EJ
No Rafel
No Leonardo
No Donatello
No Michelangelo

:blah:
LMAO!!!

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

thanks for posting. At least she is discussing the show, more than last time anyway. I skipped over the stuff about her personal life.
I believe that I already know how the dueling pregnancies storyline will play out, but maybe she will shock me with her creativity (totally facetious).
Edited by DolceDiMera, Oct 28 2008, 06:55 PM.

Ellie

Alligato
Oct 28 2008, 06:15 PM
I don't understand what it means to "hang in there for the long haul"
I think it means she has no idea at this point how the story's going to end.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Thank God she's actually mentioning the show. I'm hoping that she continues to do this and the reason she didn't talk about the show before was due to Ed Scott and they're tension involving her stories. She seems to be excited about her stories and with Whitesell and Tomlin there, it seems like the direction is good.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Teling the EJAMI fans to hang in there for the long haul is their way of keeping the fanbases at bay, giving them some sort of chance that they could have the ending they want at some point.

six
Member Avatar

Sindacco
I know a lot of people on DR are sick of her, but she's a big part of why I started watching Days.

I hope the "surprises" line means that they're planning out some good things well in advance and not that they're going to throw in random, nonsensical curve balls. I'm cautiously optimistic.

jane1978

She is not saying much, but she sounds very positive and I really like what the teaming of her Whitesell brought on screen so far, so IŽm glad the collaboration works well this time. The writing team really improved thanks to Tomlin and it shows. I would really love if the show once again had a clean direction and some vision behind and I feel I could like what Tomlin vision is.

Looking back, some summer shows were almost unbearable amateurish.
Edited by jane1978, Oct 28 2008, 07:26 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply