Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings news!; AMC and DAYS up big!
Topic Started: Oct 30 2008, 04:08 PM (1,864 Views)
Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

courtesy of NBC Universal Media Village.....

'DAYS OF OUR LIVES' EARNS ITS BIGGEST WOMEN 18-49 RATING IN NEARLY FIVE MONTHS AND BIGGEST WOMEN 18-34 RATING IN EIGHT MONTHS

FOR THE OCTOBER 20-24 WEEK, 'DAYS' RANKS #3 IN WOMEN 18-49 AND WINS THE WEEK IN THE VALUABLE WOMEN 18-34 CATEGORY

BURBANK, Calif. – October 30, 2008 – For the week of October 20-24, NBC's "Days of our Lives" delivered its biggest women 18-49 rating in nearly five months and its highest women 18-34 rating in eight months.

"Days of our Lives" (1.4 rating, 8 share among women 18-49, 1.2/7 among women 18-34) finished #3 in the women 18-49 category for the week and ranked #1 in the valuable women 18-34 demo. This is the third week in a row "Days" has finished #1 or tied for #1 in the valuable women 18-34 category.

"Days" scored its highest women 18-49 rating since the week of May 26-30 and its highest women 18-34 rating since February 18-22.

Season to date, "Days" is tied for #3 in the women 18-49 race and tied for #1 among women 18-34.

Ratings reflect "live plus same day" data unless otherwise noted. Season-to-date figures are averages of "live plus seven day" data except for the two most recent weeks, which are "live plus same day."

and thanks to Angela of SON....

This Week is "The View's" Most-Watched Week in the Show's History
in Total Viewers, and Most-Watched Week in Women 18-49 in 9 Months

Monday's and Wednesday's Telecasts Rank Among "The View's"
Top 10 Most-Watched Shows on Record in Total Viewers

"The View" is Daytime's No. 2 Program in Women 18-49 for the
Second Consecutive Week, and Extends its Streak as a
Top 5 Program to 8 Weeks Running in Total Viewers

Season to Date, "The View" Exceeds Year-Ago Levels by
Impressive Double-Digit Percentages in Total Viewers

As the Tornado Catastrophe Strikes Pine Valley, "All My Children"
Enjoys a Whirlwind Week, Hitting an 8-Month High in Total Viewers
and Women 18-34, and a 5-Month High in Women 18-49

ABC Daytime

* This week ranked as "The View's" most-watched week in the show's history in Total Viewers (4.24 million), and its top-rated week in Women 18-49 in nine months (967,000 - since week of 1/28/08).

* In Total Viewers, Monday's show (4.43 million), featuring a "Day of Hot Topics," and Wednesday's episode (4.408 million), featuring Bill O'Reilly and Monique Coleman, rank among "The View's" Top 10 most-watched telecasts in the show's history.

* For the second consecutive week, "The View" was Daytime's No. 2 program in Women 18-49 (967,000), and placed No. 3 in Total Viewers for the seventh straight week (4.24 million).

* Season to date, "The View" exceeds year-ago levels by an impressive 12% in Total Viewers (3.97 million vs. 3.54 million).

* For the eighth consecutive week, "The View" (No. 3 - 4.24 million) placed among Daytime's Top 5 most-watched programs in Total Viewers. In Women 18-49 (No. 2 - 967,000/1.5 rating), this week marked "The View's" fifth straight week ranking among the week's Top 3 shows.

* As the tornado catastrophe struck Pine Valley, "All My Children" enjoyed a whirlwind week, hitting an 8-month high (since week of 2/25/08) in Total Viewers (2.74 million) and Women 18-34 (316,000 - since week of 2/25/08, and a 5-month high in Women 18-49 (866,000 - since week of 5/26/08).

* In Women 18-34, all ABC programs positioned among Daytime's Top 5: "The View" (No. 2 - 354,000/1.0 rating), "All My Children" (No. 3T - 316,000/0.9 rating), "General Hospital" (No. 4T - 296,000/0.9 rating) and "One Life to Live" (No. 4T - 289,000/0.9 rating).

* In Women 18-49, ABC was home to 3 of Daytime's Top 5 programs with "The View" (No. 2 - 967,000/1.5 rating), "All My Children" (No. 4T - 866,000/1.3 rating) and "General Hospital" (No. 4T - 862,000/1.3 rating).

Following are the Daytime Lineup averages, plus Top 5 Programs Ranks - Week of October 20, 2008:

Daytime Rank: Total Viewers Women 18-49 (Rtg/000s)
No. 1 CBS 3.53 million No. 1 NBC 1.4/933,000
No. 2 ABC 3.06 million No. 2 ABC 1.3/878,000
No. 3 NBC 2.99 million No. 3 CBS 1.1/757,000

Top 5 Daytime Programs in Women 18-49 (rank based on rating): Program Net Rtg/000s
The Young & the Restless CBS 1.6/1.05 million
The View ABC 1.5/967,000
Days of Our Lives NBC 1.4/933,000
All My Children ABC 1.2/866,000
General Hospital ABC 1.2/862,000

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

What has made DAYS gain so much in the demos? #2 in 18-49 and #1 in 18-34 and shooting up to right under 3 million viewers(2.9 million). Go DAYS! That's a 290,000 boost in overall viewers this past week, and just under 500,000 viewers the last 2 weeks. The 1 o'clock timeslot I guess was must see TV last week with both AMC and DAYS gaining so much. Wonder how much that will hinder B&B and Y&R ratings this week.

Glad to see AMC get such a nice bump, I am sure the show deserved with the tornado fallout.
Edited by Kirk, Oct 30 2008, 04:30 PM.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Y&R also went up in the 18-49 demo from last week.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Thanks so much for sharing! I am thrilled!
I get so tired of hearing people complain about how they aren't going to watch because their couple isn't together....well, somebody is watching!!!

Kudos to Days for having some drawing power, and it only looks like it is going to get better! Yay!!!

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Y&RWorldTurner
Oct 30 2008, 04:15 PM
Y&R also went up in the 18-49 demo from last week.
Thanks Y&RT!

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

It seems more people were watching soaps at the 1:00pm hour last week than usual.

Also, whatever Tomlin and Whitesell are doing, it's bring back younger viewers to DAYS.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

Wow, Congrats to DOOL...we may complain about some storylines, but it seems to be working for the general audience

jane1978

Y&RWorldTurner
Oct 30 2008, 04:20 PM
It seems more people were watching soaps at the 1:00pm hour last week than usual.

Also, whatever Tomlin and Whitesell are doing, it's bring back younger viewers to DAYS.
This is huge. This is like a third week in a row the show is gaining in the demos. And it speaks well for sweeps too because the characters who are featured now seems to draw the audience NBC wants.

I really applaud Gary, Chris and I quess Dena too. Now Iīm sorry Corday didnīt hire Tomlin last year and decided for Scott instead. Scott is a great guy but he clearly wasnīt the right one for DAYS.

But the most important thing is NBC will really have a trouble to cancel the show now. Actually, I wouldnīt be surprised if Corday is the one who is holding the deal right now because with the recent numbers he hopes to get more money than NBC originally offered based on Scottīs numbers.

I really hope it will continue.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Whatever DAYS is doing now the Women sure do love it!

Charmqn
Member Avatar

cjknick
Oct 30 2008, 04:48 PM
Whatever DAYS is doing now the Women sure do love it!
Well, i know a lot of my mother's friends are watching DOOL-they like this murder mystery with Trent...they actually switched from watching the last half and hour of Y&R and miss B&B to watch DOOL...

I know DOOL is hugely popular with college students too..

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

AMC is also ABC's most watch soap, with GH being in last even behind ABC's red headed step-child OLTL! :D

Charmqn
Member Avatar

Well people are tired of the damn mob on GH, but Guza will never let his precious Jason/sonny go in the background...

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting!

Even though I haven't been watching Days, I'm glad to see the show doing well. I like when all of our soaps do well.

Also, I'm super happy for AMC. I may have tuned in for the tornado only but AMC deserves good ratings after all those promotions. Good promotion = good ratings.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

Cool thing is DOOL has not done anything special in promotion and still has been gaining viewers, that's great.

Days4Life

Very good news for DAYS. The show is obviously doing something right, so kudos to Higley, Whitesell, Tomlin and the rest of the creative team. It's kind of weird because I know right now I keep saying that I'm not really liking the double pregnancy storyline and yet I'm watching every second of it. The Trent murder mystery has me pulled in because I really don't know who did it. I enjoy Lucas for the first time in years; Chloe is much improved; I'm liking Philip; Melanie is a wonderful little spitfire; I love the witness protection scenes; I'm having fun watching Bo and Hope do their detective thing....the show really is good right now! Yes, there's some areas that need improvement but overall it's interesting and entertaining.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Congrats Days, i would say the Trent murder mystery and Sami/Nicole's double pregnancy is bringing in viewers..Nice rise..

Nicole Walker

Well then go Days.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

The demos are right but the viewers are wrong. Toups just said the ABC release screwed up with Days' total viewer numbers. It went down 44, 000, which is not bad. It held on to much of it's gain from last week and the show is doing very well in demos. It's #1 by .3 in 18-34, #2 in 18-49, and #1 in Girls 12-17. NBC has to be happy and the show was at 2.0 every day but Friday, which seems to be the day that screws Days every week.

All in all, something is working because Days is really jumping in demos and NBC has to be happy with that. I think what others said is key...the suspense is back and everyday has something happening. It may not be big but it's something and there is a bit more promotion and the previews have been better tailored to make you want to watch. The show is a nice mix of things and it's all about the stories. It doesn't matter who is on. If something is happening, you will see some reward in ratings, demos, etc. Not only that but what a difference having some story direction makes. The minute Days started committing to story direction and actually building stories that will have an impact, the numbers responded. It just goes to show you stay the course until you have enough reason not to. The lack of cohesion and lack of direction held it down all spring and summer and now that the show has improved on those issues, the result has been positive.

Hope it continues. I think Galen and Eric will help in the demos. HH and viewers...not much but demos for sure. I do think this will help Corday with finances in discussions with NBC. It won't help much but it helps a little.

zyona

I am confused because for oct 20 to 24 days was # 6. i found this on daytime confidential. NBC remaining soap opera, Days Of Our Lives was the only other soap besides General Hospital to see a drop in viewership. They lost -44,000 more viewers
Edited by zyona, Nov 1 2008, 09:48 AM.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

I ain't watching cuz this show bores the fuck out of me. It will be interesting to see what the numbers really are and what rated high.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply