Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Casting News
Topic Started: Oct 31 2008, 03:50 PM (1,517 Views)
LovingDays

Sandra Ferguson Cast on Days of Our Lives

Sandra Ferguson, now Robinson, has been cast on Days of Our Lives as Dr. Charlotte Taylor. Fans of Ferguson remember her as Amanda Corey on Another World and as the temporary re-cast of Felicia Jones Scorpio on General Hospital.
According to Soap Opera Digest, Dr. Taylor hits Salem on December 1st.

http://daytimeconfidential.com/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Wow...good casting choice.

I love that Days keeps getting soap vets, even for short-term roles. Now I hope this kind of ends up permanent because I ADORE Sandra.

Can't wait!

Mason

Nice!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

This must be the psychiatrist. Thanks for posting!

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

PhoenixRising05
Oct 31 2008, 03:54 PM
Wow...good casting choice.

I love that Days keeps getting soap vets, even for short-term roles. Now I hope this kind of ends up permanent because I ADORE Sandra.

Can't wait!
As do I! I can't believe they got Amanda! Wonder how long she'll be around?

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Wow...at least its a woman, we do need more of those for all the men we now have: Brady, Rafe, EJ, Lucas, Daniel, and even Phillip...

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I was just about to post this news. Good find, DAYS! I did enjoy Ferguson on AW.

I always though Ferguson would've made a great Jennifer recast had they ever wanted to bring the character back and Melissa Reeves was not willing to return.

This must be the psychiatrist role that was mentioned a few days ago. I'm thinking that she'll be the one examining Nick's psyche after it's revealed he is the killer and he's arrested. I don't know why they didn't just use Marlena and give her something to do rather than the stale divorce storyline with John, but whatever. Maybe Marlena and Charlotte will work together and share notes, perhaps they know each other.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Kevc1980
Oct 31 2008, 04:07 PM
Wow...at least its a woman, we do need more of those for all the men we now have: Brady, Rafe, EJ, Lucas, Daniel, and even Phillip...
Ha, I wouldn't pair Charlotte with any of those men though. Most of the men you mentioned could be portraying Ferguson's sons. She's a bit old for all of them except Daniel, who really needs to be upgraded into the older characters and hopefully his new story with Kate and lack of scenes with Chelsea will allow this. But yeah, Ferguson and Shawn Christian could be hot together. I wouldn't mind a Kate/Daniel/Charlotte triangle. :)

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

DrewHamilton
Oct 31 2008, 04:09 PM
Kevc1980
Oct 31 2008, 04:07 PM
Ha, I wouldn't pair Charlotte with any of those men though. Most of the men you mentioned could be portraying Ferguson's sons. She's a bit old for all of them except Daniel, who really needs to be upgraded into the older characters and hopefully his new story with Kate and lack of scenes with Chelsea will allow this. But yeah, Ferguson and Shawn Christian could be hot together. I wouldn't mind a Kate/Daniel/Charlotte triangle. :)
Her sons? She's 41 in RL. Philip is the youngest of those guys and I'm betting he's at least 30 by now. Now if they brought back Will and tried to pair him with Charlotte, that would be me.

But I really don't think she's gonna be here that long. She'll be like Callahan who they will use for a bit and then once the story is over will be let go. :(

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Tripp
Oct 31 2008, 04:14 PM
Her sons? She's 41 in RL. Philip is the youngest of those guys and I'm betting he's at least 30 by now. Now if they brought back Will and tried to pair him with Charlotte, that would be me.

But I really don't think she's gonna be here that long. She'll be like Callahan who they will use for a bit and then once the story is over will be let go. :(
Ha, this is DAYS! It's not about the actress' real ages. It's about whether they look old enough to play the parent of the child. Kristian Alfonso isn't old enough to play Brandon Beemer's mother. Lauren Koslow isn't old enough to play any of her on-screen children's mother. Tanya Boyd is only 7 years older than Renee Jones.

Sandra Ferguson just seems like she would be in the age group of Bo, Hope, Steve, Kayla, etc. And that would mean that most of the guys mentioned would be pretty much in her child's age group if she had one.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Eeek. I hate it when I move on to the next thing in my head without finishing my current statement. I meant if Days tried to pair her up with Will, then I'd have an issue with it. lol

As for age thing, SORASing is a weird topic. Yes, KA isn't old enough to be Brandon Beemer's mother but Hope is while LK isn't old enough to be RM's grandmother but Kate is. But they were there, established before the characters who are related to them were "aged" and so it's easy to just let that issue go.

When a new character comes in, I tend to take the actor's REAL AGE and compare it to the other actors RL age. That's why I had such issue with SC and RM because the show attempted to make us believe SC was no where near his real fortysomething age.

Putting her with the veterans would basically give her no story. The only two unattached actors (not counting John) would be Dan and Roman and I'm not interested in seeing her act opposite them. We've got so many guys in the thirtysomething age range and she's barely past that, I have no issue having her act opposite those guys and see how it works. Truth be told, I have no issues with her acting opposite Blake Berris or Darin Brooks (anything to break the incest) as a potential love interest as long as the show confronts the age difference instead of trying to pretend it's not there.

ETA: LOL I do want to state though it's probably for nothing. I'm sure she'll be gone by Feb sweeps.
Edited by Tripp, Oct 31 2008, 04:40 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Tripp
Oct 31 2008, 04:36 PM
As for age thing, SORASing is a weird topic. Yes, KA isn't old enough to be Brandon Beemer's mother but Hope is while LK isn't old enough to be RM's grandmother but Kate is. But they were there, established before the characters who are related to them were "aged" and so it's easy to just let that issue go.

When a new character comes in, I tend to take the actor's REAL AGE and compare it to the other actors RL age. That's why I had such issue with SC and RM because the show attempted to make us believe SC was no where near his real fortysomething age.

Putting her with the veterans would basically give her no story. The only two unattached actors (not counting John) would be Dan and Roman and I'm not interested in seeing her act opposite them. We've got so many guys in the thirtysomething age range and she's barely past that, I have no issue having her act opposite those guys and see how it works. Truth be told, I have no issues with her acting opposite Blake Berris or Darin Brooks (anything to break the incest) as a potential love interest as long as the show confronts the age difference instead of trying to pretend it's not there.
Um, Hope is certainly not old enough to have a son in his late 20s. Hope, the character, was born in 1974. That means she would be 34 right now. If you go by when Kristian Alfonso joined the show in 1983, Hope was said to be 18. That would mean that Hope was born in 1965. Still, she would be 43. Shawn is in his late 20s, which would mean that Hope would've had Shawn when she was in her teen years and we all know Hope wasn't a pregnant teenager.

Ages on soaps, especially DAYS, you can never be concrete with ages. However. Sandra Ferguson seems like she would fit in perfectly with Kristian Alfonso in her age group, which is why I said that I would think she would be in that age group and if that's the case, I think she's too old for any of the men mentioned. That would be like Hope being involved with Philip. I just wouldn't want to see it because Philip is the same age as her son and it's weird.

Sandra Ferguson and Darin Brooks or Blake Berris??? You're kidding right. That would be in the same boat as Daniel and Chelsea, if you ask me. I think that would just look ridiculous.

Jonatha

Great casting! Maybe she'll be paired with Dr Dan.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

DrewHamilton
Oct 31 2008, 04:52 PM
Um, Hope is certainly not old enough to have a son in his late 20s. Hope, the character, was born in 1974. That means she would be 34 right now. If you go by when Kristian Alfonso joined the show in 1983, Hope was said to be 18. That would mean that Hope was born in 1965. Still, she would be 43. Shawn is in his late 20s, which would mean that Hope would've had Shawn when she was in her teen years and we all know Hope wasn't a pregnant teenager.

Ages on soaps, especially DAYS, you can never be concrete with ages. However. Sandra Ferguson seems like she would fit in perfectly with Kristian Alfonso in her age group, which is why I said that I would think she would be in that age group and if that's the case, I think she's too old for any of the men mentioned. That would be like Hope being involved with Philip. I just wouldn't want to see it because Philip is the same age as her son and it's weird.

Sandra Ferguson and Darin Brooks or Blake Berris??? You're kidding right. That would be in the same boat as Daniel and Chelsea, if you ask me. I think that would just look ridiculous.
What I meant was, SORASing characters on soaps pretty much screw the family up age wise. As for Sandra, I see her in the category of Sami/Chloe/Rafe/EJ/Lucas being just a tiny bit older than them. So I have no issues if they tried to pair her with any of the guys in that generation class. And to be honest, I'm sick and tired of older men/younger women...so having her go "up" to the veteran generation does not interest me one bit.

Nick with her might be the same as Chan but I don't see Max as being the same. Everyone insists he's some kind of hunky casanova (I don't see it) and now that he's a super genius, he apparently can talk about anything. But maybe I'm just letting my need for them to keep him away from girls he's related to overcome my logical sense.

Also if they had tried to pair Dan up with Morgan and Stephanie, I'd not had a problem with it. My issues began (but certainly not limited to, boy, did Chan have so many problems) how this respected doctor could be interested in the most immature character on the show who looked much younger than she really was. When confronted early on, age difference can be a good story for a couple to try to overcome (Joey/Dorian on OLTL comes to mind) but when the show tries to absolutely ignore it, it angers people including me.

But again, I'm sure we aren't lucky enough for Sandra to be used as a long term character at all. Because...we need to make sure the Passions actors get off the unemployment line.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I guess we just disagree on where Sandra's character should be placed. I see her in Hope's age group because both were highly popular on their shows (DAYS and AW) in the 80s. Sandra was Kristina Wagner's recast as Felicia Jones on GH, again another woman that I would place in the 40-something group along with Hope. I just could, in no way, believe Sandra Ferguson and Alison Sweeney in the same age group. No way.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

DrewHamilton
Oct 31 2008, 05:06 PM
I guess we just disagree on where Sandra's character should be placed. I see her in Hope's age group because both were highly popular on their shows (DAYS and AW) in the 80s. Sandra was Kristina Wagner's recast as Felicia Jones on GH, again another woman that I would place in the 40-something group along with Hope. I just could, in no way, believe Sandra Ferguson and Alison Sweeney in the same age group. No way.
It just depends on how you break down age groups. The way this show is structured, I see 30 to 40+ where the actors in their early forties could go to either group. I have no idea how SF looks now, she might be like SC and look every bit her age and so then I will probably wish her more for the veterans. But at this time, I have no problem watching her interact with younger (but not significantly) actors.

But I shall go on record, if SF is given a real story/love interest, I will eat a veggie pizza. (Harder then it sounds).
Edited by Tripp, Oct 31 2008, 05:15 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

OMG! I just remembered how awful Ferguson looked when she was on GH a few years ago. She's had some work done on her face and YIKES! :scared:

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

AWESOME CASTING NEWS!!

So excited about this!

I absolutely LOVED Ferguson on ANOTHER WORLD!!

:cheer:

Pearly
Member Avatar

I haven't commented in awhile....but this is great news!!!

I was a BIG Sam and Amanda fan on AW.

I'm doing cartwheels!!

Thanks for posting!

Jonatha

Pearly
Oct 31 2008, 06:53 PM
I haven't commented in awhile....but this is great news!!!

I was a BIG Sam and Amanda fan on AW.

I'm doing cartwheels!!

Thanks for posting!
Sidenote: Welcome back Pearly, you've been missed.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply