Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:November promo; week of 11/3
Topic Started: Oct 31 2008, 08:37 PM (2,848 Views)
Alligato
Member Avatar

That was one of the weirdest promo they have put out...not really getting what I am supposed to be looking forward to...other than EJ being shirtless! I guess that is good enough for me. :)

So wait, what happened to Lucas and Chloe? Am I missing something? Isn't Brady coming back? Why do they have Chloe and Dan flirting if she is dating Lucas and her exhusband is coming back?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sariah
Member Avatar

Here I thought they were going to fix the random hook-ups from the summer of lust - and all they're doing is new random hook-ups for the fall. I don't want to see it. That promo was horrible.

Nicole Walker

I don't think anything is gonna happen with Chloe and Daniel or Phillip and Melanie. The only people that are really together is Ejole. I think they are just trying to throw people off and get them curious.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Oct 31 2008, 10:52 PM.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Oh, I'm gonna fucking snap.

Jarlena4Eva
Member Avatar
Jarlena-Holic

Where are the vets?? That is what people want to see! That is the dumbest promo I have ever seen!!! Wow...Come on Days; Pick it up!

phloeishot
Member Avatar

fenderbabe
Oct 31 2008, 10:55 PM
I'm right there with you! Why are they trying to turn Philip into a pedophile??? Gross... And the Dan/Chloe scene is so random.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

phloeishot
Oct 31 2008, 11:07 PM
fenderbabe
I'm right there with you! Why are they trying to turn Philip into a pedophile??? Gross... And the Dan/Chloe scene is so random.
It's not random as much as it's completly infuriating. Sure...let's give Chloe, who is presently screwing Lucas, kissing Philip, and about to run into her ex husband, let's give her Daniel. Oh, THAT relationship is going to do wonders for both characters. Don't get me wrong, I like Chloe, and I am starting to like Daniel but this promo, which was about 5 seconds of footage, made them both look cheap and slutty.

*gag*

Daniel looks like a perve there, while that Phelanie pan up gave me the shivers like a friggin quake on the richter scale.

I just edited for the eigth time cause I can't even form coherant sentences right now.
Edited by fenderbabe, Oct 31 2008, 11:20 PM.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

fenderbabe
Oct 31 2008, 11:17 PM
phloeishot
fenderbabe
It's not random as much as it's completly infuriating. Sure...let's give Chloe, who is presently screwing Lucas, kissing Philip, and about to run into her ex husband, let's give her Daniel. Oh, THAT relationship is going to do wonders for both characters. Don't get me wrong, I like Chloe, and I am starting to like Daniel but this promo, which was about 5 seconds of footage, made them both look cheap and slutty.

*gag*

Daniel looks like a perve there, while that Phelanie pan up gave me the shivers like a friggin quake on the richter scale.

I just edited for the eigth time cause I can't even form coherant sentences right now.
What really pisses me off is the first two couples actually prevented me from enjoying the rest. I know not everyone likes EJole but I do and whether or not they put Sami with Rafe I get a kick out of their scenes.

And let me say I'm not one to really bitch about promos. If a promo features a story I'm not into, that's ok. Soaps juggles many stories and I'm not gonna like everything but everyone deserves promotion and if it brings more viewers in...that's a good thing. But this promo is infuriating because it's so misleading. It's worse then the "summer of love" because at the time all of those random pairings had already been put in place so if you tuned in you would see Phorgan or Lucas/Chloe. Anyone who catches this promo would think all the couples featured are ones to root for and if anything on there tempted them to tune back in, confusion would have them tune right on out.

Nicole Walker

I still don't get why Chloe and Daniel are having scenes and he's confiding in her. I like Chloe's new attitude but they need to keep her with one guy right now. I think as of now it should be Phillip.

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

Tripp
Oct 31 2008, 11:26 PM
fenderbabe
Oct 31 2008, 11:17 PM
phloeishot
fenderbabe

*gag*

What really pisses me off is the first two couples actually prevented me from enjoying the rest. I know not everyone likes EJole but I do and whether or not they put Sami with Rafe I get a kick out of their scenes.

And let me say I'm not one to really bitch about promos. If a promo features a story I'm not into, that's ok. Soaps juggles many stories and I'm not gonna like everything but everyone deserves promotion and if it brings more viewers in...that's a good thing. But this promo is infuriating because it's so misleading. It's worse then the "summer of love" because at the time all of those random pairings had already been put in place so if you tuned in you would see Phorgan or Lucas/Chloe. Anyone who catches this promo would think all the couples featured are ones to root for and if anything on there tempted them to tune back in, confusion would have them tune right on out.
I can't stop bitching about this mere promo because shit like this is exactly why the show DOESN'T bring in new viewers. And if it's not meant to bring in new viewers, it's SURELY not pleasing those (at least, me) who are already putting up with Days. This doesn't make me want to watch. Sure, Ejole looks appealing to me, and I know some want to give Safe a chance becaues they just started....but Dan/Chloe, and Philip/Melanie...in a preview for sweeps?! They must be joking.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

Well, first off, I'm so happy that I didn't have to see 60ish John and Marlena, and 50ish Steve and Kayla in sex scenes for the promo lol I liked the promo in the sense that it actually featured new characters and new stories. It may crash and burn, but the show is finally focusing on the future.

mesagirl
Member Avatar

I actually liked the scene they showed with Sami and Rafe. GG's acting already looks improved from what I saw today.

EJole... hell ya!

The phil/mel stuff is gross too, I hope they are done with this fantasy stuff. You have to admit, it's not hard to imagine a guy in his 20's fantasizing about a 17 yo. But I hope that's where it ends.

jcar03
Member Avatar

From what I have read Eric Martsolf's first airdate is November 13th and this promo is for next week so thats why Brady is not mentioned.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I find it quite disturbing that Philip, Titan Industrie's CEO is fantasizing about a 17 year old girl. Why is Higley writing Philip to be such a pedophile?

jane1978

I quess Iīm weird but I see chemistry between Phillip and Melanie. I donīt want them together nor I think they will ever be together, but I donīt have any trouble with them either.

As for the promo, it looks like a big "SEX SELLS" ad. Itīs NBC saying we have a show full of beautifulll sexy young people and we are not afraid to show them, so please tune in. Itīs shallow, sure, but it could work on that kind of casual viewers DAYS is apparently trying to lure now.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

goldylicious
Nov 1 2008, 12:04 AM
Well, first off, I'm so happy that I didn't have to see 60ish John and Marlena, and 50ish Steve and Kayla in sex scenes for the promo lol I liked the promo in the sense that it actually featured new characters and new stories. It may crash and burn, but the show is finally focusing on the future.
What's wrong with 50ish people having sex? Some of the hottest scenes (or what I consider hot) involve 50-something Kate. As someone who is closer to 50 than to 40, I think middle age sex can be pretty damn good! It depends on the acting, not the age.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

maggs
Oct 31 2008, 11:04 PM
Where are the vets?? That is what people want to see! That is the dumbest promo I have ever seen!!! Wow...Come on Days; Pick it up!
Sami, Nicole and Philip are vets. But you weren't talking about all vets, right? Just the "supercouples" ^o)

Sindacco
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Nov 1 2008, 12:48 AM
I find it quite disturbing that Philip, Titan Industrie's CEO is fantasizing about a 17 year old girl. Why is Higley writing Philip to be such a pedophile?
Do you know what a pedophile is?

peaches179

ladyofthelake
Nov 1 2008, 07:11 AM
goldylicious
Nov 1 2008, 12:04 AM
What's wrong with 50ish people having sex? Some of the hottest scenes (or what I consider hot) involve 50-something Kate. As someone who is closer to 50 than to 40, I think middle age sex can be pretty damn good! It depends on the acting, not the age.

IA.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

Well that PROMO stunk worse than a dirty diaper.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply