Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:November promo; week of 11/3
Topic Started: Oct 31 2008, 08:37 PM (2,860 Views)
darraholic
Member Avatar

I wish the damn writers would decide who they want Chloe with. Is Mickey next on the writers list?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Nov 1 2008, 12:48 AM
I find it quite disturbing that Philip, Titan Industrie's CEO is fantasizing about a 17 year old girl. Why is Higley writing Philip to be such a pedophile?
I think she has some kind of fetish. :puke:

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Nov 1 2008, 07:11 AM
goldylicious
Nov 1 2008, 12:04 AM
Well, first off, I'm so happy that I didn't have to see 60ish John and Marlena, and 50ish Steve and Kayla in sex scenes for the promo lol I liked the promo in the sense that it actually featured new characters and new stories. It may crash and burn, but the show is finally focusing on the future.
What's wrong with 50ish people having sex? Some of the hottest scenes (or what I consider hot) involve 50-something Kate. As someone who is closer to 50 than to 40, I think middle age sex can be pretty damn good! It depends on the acting, not the age.
There is nothing wrong with people in their 50s or 60s having sex, in fact, I hope to be having sex then :) I just don't want to see it in a promo. Although, to be fair, I think it has more to do with the same people for the last 20 years being put on display, then their actual age.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

goldylicious
Nov 1 2008, 12:21 PM
ladyofthelake
goldylicious
Well, first off, I'm so happy that I didn't have to see 60ish John and Marlena, and 50ish Steve and Kayla in sex scenes for the promo lol I liked the promo in the sense that it actually featured new characters and new stories. It may crash and burn, but the show is finally focusing on the future.
What's wrong with 50ish people having sex? Some of the hottest scenes (or what I consider hot) involve 50-something Kate. As someone who is closer to 50 than to 40, I think middle age sex can be pretty damn good! It depends on the acting, not the age.
There is nothing wrong with people in their 50s or 60s having sex, in fact, I hope to be having sex then :) I just don't want to see it in a promo. Although, to be fair, I think it has more to do with the same people for the last 20 years being put on display, then their actual age.
Now, that would make sense, except for the fans of Bo and Hope or Steve and Kayla who haven't SEEN that for their couples in a while, especially Bo and Hope. I mean, even John and Marlena had their teasers lately, but when was the last big thing for Bo and Hope besides their vow renewals? And, I see that as token, but hey. I don't watch because of promos anyway.
I think the promos needed to be a mix of the mystery and the romance, probably using EJ and Nicole, because EJ is a draw and him being with Nicole is, shall I say, an enticer for even those who didn't want her to end up with him. At the very least, they're pretty enough to draw in the younger crowd and familiar enough to most seasoned fans. Philip is familiar, but Melanie isn't, and she's just too controversial right now. Nicole has had her past better established, and her change of character better established. At least, that's how I see it. I could be wrong. And, they should feature the Passions guys to entice those fans over. ( I need to rewatch that. WAS he featured?)

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Nov 1 2008, 12:27 PM
goldylicious
Nov 1 2008, 12:21 PM
ladyofthelake
goldylicious
Now, that would make sense, except for the fans of Bo and Hope or Steve and Kayla who haven't SEEN that for their couples in a while, especially Bo and Hope. I mean, even John and Marlena had their teasers lately, but when was the last big thing for Bo and Hope besides their vow renewals? And, I see that as token, but hey. I don't watch because of promos anyway.
I think the promos needed to be a mix of the mystery and the romance, probably using EJ and Nicole, because EJ is a draw and him being with Nicole is, shall I say, an enticer for even those who didn't want her to end up with him. At the very least, they're pretty enough to draw in the younger crowd and familiar enough to most seasoned fans. Philip is familiar, but Melanie isn't, and she's just too controversial right now. Nicole has had her past better established, and her change of character better established. At least, that's how I see it. I could be wrong. And, they should feature the Passions guys to entice those fans over. ( I need to rewatch that. WAS he featured?)
You're right, there should be a mix for everyone, but for me personally, I liked seeing some new pairings.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Mason
Nov 1 2008, 12:17 PM
DrewHamilton
Nov 1 2008, 12:48 AM
I find it quite disturbing that Philip, Titan Industrie's CEO is fantasizing about a 17 year old girl. Why is Higley writing Philip to be such a pedophile?
I think she has some kind of fetish. :puke:
Like father like son lol. Think of Victor and Nicole ...

Charmqn
Member Avatar

Why couldn't Nick kill Melanie instead? I mean, damn they probably would have given him the Noble Peace prize.

naley12
Member Avatar

Charmqn
Nov 1 2008, 01:55 PM
Why couldn't Nick kill Melanie instead? I mean, damn they probably would have given him the Noble Peace prize.
hahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Positives:

-I liked the song choice. It's very catchy and the promo is well put together. I like the taglines that float across the screen (Temptation, Hero, etc). It looked very nice and classy IMO and since most of the stuff in promos airs this week (the Ejole love scene will probably air next week, much like the shirtless Rafe scene in last week's promo airs on Monday's episode of this week), I hope they keep with the song and look of these promos through at least November,

-I like who they featured because this is clearly the audience they are going after and this would get them to tune in.

-The stuff in the promo looked good, particularly the Ejole love scene, Sami/Rafe, and even Chloe/Daniel as I saw major sparks there.

Negatives:

-I watched Monday's episode and the Philip/Melanie scene is a fantasy but, given that fact, it was a mistake to put it in the promo. Not because he's older because I don't think that is as big of a problem in general as it is for many of us on the DR or other boards. Days has had older man/younger woman couples before, most of which had the woman around the age of 18 or close to it (Brady/Chloe, Austin/Sami, Max/Abby, etc). However, having watched the scene and having witnessed the way they are writing this Philip/Melanie thing...the promo is too deceiving. Philip has mentioned he finds Melanie interesting and, as I said, he sees her as a toy. She challenges him and likes to control the situation. He likes that. She's similar to him. If he wanted her, he would've had her last week when she tried to seduce him. I think he just feels bad for her too and she is also a distraction. He is haggard and clearly strung out on Monday's episode. I think they are having him be fascinated by her to set it up for later when she uses him for something. That is what I think will happen and it also tosses Philip into the mix with Max/Stephanie further so I can see what they are trying to do.

I do think Philip/Melanie and Chloe/Daniel was tossed in there for shock value. The thinking had to be that those fans who see that (which isn't many considering you basically have to go to the website, youtube, or watch NBC primetime consistency to see it) will wonder what the hell is going on and tune in. Not a bad strategy but it makes things confusing and will piss people off when they tune in and see it's not what they though, although who knows with Chloe and Daniel.

I don't expect Days to hop on board the Bo/Hope/Steve/Kayla/John/Marlena train again until December. Bo and Hope will be active, just not in their own story, and it seems like J&M start to get going as around mid-late November so December will probably be a big month for them and the vets. The promos will be different each week since this only covers next week it seems so Brady's return, the murder reveal, etc will definitely be covered. I just hope they keep this promo style.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I just saw a different version of the promo on NBC. Phillip said something at the beginning in bed with Melanie, the Sami/Rafe stuff was the same, no Chloe/Dan, and it showed Nicole doubled over and having pains (no Ejole love scene).

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Like the idea of the promo..the music, titles and such.

Could have done without Philip/Underage mistress.

King
Member Avatar

Chloe and Daniel? Is this for real?

From Brady to Philip To Lucas to Daniel in a year?
From Chelsea to Kate to Chloe in less than six months?

What the hell is wrong with this show? And don't tell me Higley because the producers and other writers and the network should KNOW better storytelling than THIS SHIT.

Mason
Member Avatar

King
Nov 2 2008, 10:12 PM
Chloe and Daniel? Is this for real?

From Brady to Philip To Lucas to Daniel in a year?
From Chelsea to Kate to Chloe in less than six months?

What the hell is wrong with this show? And don't tell me Higley because the producers and other writers and the network should KNOW better storytelling than THIS SHIT.
I don't think it's that they don't know any better. I think it's that they just plain don't care.

ericfan400

this make me not want to watch the show

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Angie79
Nov 2 2008, 02:36 AM
I just saw a different version of the promo on NBC. Phillip said something at the beginning in bed with Melanie, the Sami/Rafe stuff was the same, no Chloe/Dan, and it showed Nicole doubled over and having pains (no Ejole love scene).
WOW.

Chloe and Daniel???

Whatever happened to Chloe and Lucas? And, Chelsea and Daniel?

Gosh, this show makes my head hurt.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

The long version of the November promo that played at the fan event last Saturday has been posted on the NBC Days site. Just click on the link and it should play automatically once the page comes up. If not, just click on "replay intro." Just like the summer promo, they made it so you have to watch it. I love that. Nice way to make sure it's seen.

http://www.nbc.com/Days_of_our_Lives/

I love the song. It sounds even better hearing more of it in this promo. I just wish the promo was on TV more instead of the short one. This long one shows more in terms of things happening this month. Love the end with the quick shots of most of the main characters. Gives off a feel of big things happening.

I also have to say that Philip/Stephanie have major chemistry in the promo and so do Chloe/Daniel. I see it in tomorrow's show with Chloe and Daniel too. Not sure I want them to go there but they do look great and Nadia has really stepped up her game acting-wise.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Nov 5 2008, 03:27 AM.

Mason
Member Avatar

Eh...still doesn't do anything for me.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply