Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
anybody go to the event?
Topic Started: Nov 2 2008, 01:03 AM (8,258 Views)
Alligato
Member Avatar

Just watched it. I didn't hear anyone booing her. I heard disappointment "oh-no" when she was doubling over in pain, and heard loud cheers when they announced her name. I thought that Arianne was very well received, as was most of the actors.

Not much respect for those who feel the need to boo an actress because they are mad at her character. Ari is there meeting fans, not Nicole. I read that she was gracious and funny and stunningly beautiful, and had a wonderful time sitting between James and Joe. Who wouldn't?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

avelina
Member Avatar

Thank you for passing along your adventures guys. For people like me that did not go, this was a great read.
Edited by avelina, Nov 4 2008, 04:49 PM.

Emma Frost
Member Avatar

Alligato
Nov 4 2008, 01:48 PM
Just watched it. I didn't hear anyone booing her. I heard disappointment "oh-no" when she was doubling over in pain, and heard loud cheers when they announced her name. I thought that Arianne was very well received, as was most of the actors.

Not much respect for those who feel the need to boo an actress because they are mad at her character. Ari is there meeting fans, not Nicole. I read that she was gracious and funny and stunningly beautiful, and had a wonderful time sitting between James and Joe. Who wouldn't?
Did you go?

And I'm not saying that Arianne wasn't well received. I'm just saying that I've heard from someone who was there that Nicole was not very well received, again, not the actress but the character - there is a difference. When they are announcing that Nicole is pregnant with EJ's baby and you hear booing, they are not booing Arianne, they are booing the character of Nicole.

I'm sure she is a very nice lady and she is funny etc. But that doesn't mean her character is likable, in fact she is downright annoying right now, IMO. And you really think the crowd was so in sync that they were yelling in unison "oh-no"? Sorry, I still hear boo.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

The thing is that some people that do not like Nicole (maybe even Ari) are going to try to make it sound like the general viewing public of the show do not like her. If people did boo her that is pretty immature, IMO. I do not like the character of Abe at all, but there is no way I would yell boo about him in JR's presence.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Angie79
Nov 4 2008, 05:35 PM
The thing is that some people that do not like Nicole (maybe even Ari) are going to try to make it sound like the general viewing public of the show do not like her. If people did boo her that is pretty immature, IMO. I do not like the character of Abe at all, but there is no way I would yell boo about him in JR's presence.
ITA!

I heard that someone didn't want SC's autograph and the person walked by him. How rude! :shame:

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Nov 4 2008, 01:11 PM
Ellie
Nov 4 2008, 11:16 AM
hops
Nov 4 2008, 08:47 AM
I was at the event, Deidre couldn't have been nicer. I have pictures of her smiling and waving when they took her away from the signing, both her and Drake. And I took video of her on the balcony when they all came out to wave to the crowd and zoomed in and she was very genuine and smiling and taking pictures for all the cast with her camera. I was right behind someone that when she saw them she stood up and gave them a hug and also a woman in a wheelchair that both her and Drake just automatically got up for together and went over and knelt down on either side and spent time with and took pictures with. I saw some great moments waiting in line. Since she knew someone in front of me and was talking to them I went ahead to Drake and he was awesome and then security was trying to get me to leave, even though I was supposed to take a picture for a friend behind me and I said 'but I haven't seen Deidre yet' and when I said her name she looked up at me and smiled, she was super nice. I didn't see her having a 'bad day'. She was one of the last to leave the balcony and was taking pictures of the crowd. From what I saw, she was having a pretty good time.

Was I in a bad mood? Ya a little, lol, cause of the way the NBC people and security were yelling at everyone all day long, lol. They were standing in front of and behind the actors and didn't let up. But the actors where all gracious and did their best with a bad situation.... being moved around because of the rain and having to put up with the yelling. Several fans came up to me at different points (I had one of the Days blue bags, so I guess they knew I was there for the event) and what I heard was frustration. Some just wanted to get a few pictures of the actors and move on, they didn't want autographs, but they couldn't even do that because someone was in their face to 'move on'. A few lucky ones got pictures when security was busy shooing away other fans.

Thanks hops for the personal account!! I'm so happy for you that you go to see her. (I'm so sorry that the NBC security was like that. I've been hearing that from many other people too.)

LadyoftheLake, as you said, "I wasn't there, so I don't know." I wasn't there either. My point, however, is what Jules says in her post: when what I've heard from 10-15 people (fans and non-fans) who were there that Deidre was exceptionally friendly and gracious, I thought I would point that out. I personally think that's worth sharing, especially when Tim, who wasn't there, is basing his post on something he sensed largely from one sentence in someone's post (someone who admitted at the beginning of his post that he hadn't slept in 48 hours.)

You know, it's not like since I'm a fan of hers I think she couldn't have been having a bad day, which is what some of you are suggesting. The point is that since I'm a fan, I've spent the past two days reading as many posts and descriptions of fanfest as I could. For example, if I were a fan of Shelley Hennig and I'd read 10-15 accounts of how nice she was, and someone posted that they sensed she didn't want to be there, I'd jump in on that post too. But here, since I've really been mostly reading accounts that mention Deidre (and Drake), that's who I'm familiar with. I'm sure people can understand that. (Just for the record, the other two people who keep being mentioned as the nicest guys there are Bryan and Thaao. I think at this point that I've read so many accounts of them that if someone who wasn't there posts that either of them didn't want to be there, I might enter that discussion too.)
As I said, Ellie, I'm well aware that pretty much all the fan accounts are positive. I'm not shocked by that. They would be. Dee isn't going to show it in front of them. As I said, stars will put up a front even if they are having a bad idea. It's rare when they actually show it to the fans that something is up. As I pointed out, what I was reading came out of moments where she wasn't with the fans. Some of the people there had their little camera phones and got footage of the stars standing around, on their way out, etc and that is where I noticed how something felt off.

I don't understand why your arguing so vehemently about this LOL. I'm not bashing Dee. It isn't a bad thing if she was having a bad day. It happens. She's human. If anything, it makes me like her more because she isn't a fake. She puts on her game face and does what she has to and doesn't show that she is having a bad day. It's fine. Again, this is just how I am reading it. No one has to agree. It's just what I saw in those particular moments so I brought it up. It's almost like bringing up anything bad about Dee triggers a full on assault to defend her. This isn't even a bad thing! It's an observation that could very well be a bad read on my part. Even if it isn't, so what? She had a bad day and would rather be elsewhere. No big deal.

I brought up the post from SON because it's an example of someone who did not have a totally positive experience. Granted, he came to like her in the end but at the start it did go well. That is why I brought it up. It was different then some of the fan accounts I've read in regards to Dee. I don't have an agenda or anything. I adore Dee. Just making observations. And, as I said, I got the same feeling from some others there too but I've seen more footage and pictures of Dee so I didn't post about those observations because I have not seen as much pictures and footage of the others I'm talking about as I have her thus far.
It's Ok, Tim. I understand the point you were trying to make. It bugs me that even considering certain actors are human and might have bad days is a travesty beyond Fidel Castro taking over the US.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Alligato

AMen, Alligato. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if there was booing. Some people have a total lack of tact.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Angie79
Nov 4 2008, 05:35 PM
I totally agree.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Did anyone else have a pleasant time meeting and greeting KA? Was she as gorgeous in person?

Ellie

ladyofthelake
Nov 4 2008, 05:55 PM
It's Ok, Tim. I understand the point you were trying to make. It bugs me that even considering certain actors are human and might have bad days is a travesty beyond Fidel Castro taking over the US.
You know what? Tim and I manage to have very respectful discussions, and I think it's because he doesn't use hyperbole like this or put words in my mouth. I specifically wrote in my post "It's not like since I'm a fan of hers I think she couldn't have been having a bad day, which is what some of you are suggesting." Tim thought she was having a bad day based on a short video clip and a short post. I replied to him that everything I heard (many more reports than he did, from people who were actually there) was to the contrary. That was it. You've chosen to ignore what I wrote and instead use an analogy which I find very offensive. If you're a non-fan of hers, which I've seen that you are, that's fine, but I'm not sure how what you've written (incorrectly) about my post adds anything to the discussion.
Edited by Ellie, Nov 4 2008, 06:15 PM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Emma Frost
Nov 4 2008, 05:07 PM
Alligato

Did you go?

And I'm not saying that Arianne wasn't well received. I'm just saying that I've heard from someone who was there that Nicole was not very well received, again, not the actress but the character - there is a difference. When they are announcing that Nicole is pregnant with EJ's baby and you hear booing, they are not booing Arianne, they are booing the character of Nicole.

I'm sure she is a very nice lady and she is funny etc. But that doesn't mean her character is likable, in fact she is downright annoying right now, IMO. And you really think the crowd was so in sync that they were yelling in unison "oh-no"? Sorry, I still hear boo.
No I wasn't there. I just heard the video that was posted and when they showed Nicole in pain, I heard disappointment, not booing. And yea, I do think a crowd can show disappointment in unison, especially if they are there to see Ari and support her.

Maybe it was just your friend who was booing. Who knows. All of it is second hand news anyways.

I still find it classless. Like Angie said, I am not a fan of Chan, but if they came out, I wouldn't boo them. I wouldn't boo their scenes either. Days characters are like my kids, I love them all no matter what stories they are in. It's just a show!

And really, I don't find Nicole's scenes any more annoying than Sami's scenes or Chelsea's scenes or Melanie's scenes, etc. Just because today's story is annoying doesn't mean that tomorrow's story isn't going to rock. All it takes is a flick of the pen and that character has all the good stuff. Half the characters on Days would kill to be front and center like Nicole is right now.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Quote:

I don't know. Ok, I mean, I didn't see that whatsoever.
I dunno, Ellie... in the photos I saw of her I could sense she had a hang-nail. It probably threw her whole day off.
Edited by Jiggs, Nov 4 2008, 07:21 PM.

Ives
Member Avatar

KristianFanForever
Nov 4 2008, 06:08 PM
Did anyone else have a pleasant time meeting and greeting KA? Was she as gorgeous in person?
Some friends of mine were in the front row for awhile right across from Stephen, Mary Beth, Peter and Kristian while they were on the stage waiting. They were all commenting on how close the four of them seemed interacting - I guess Mary Beth and Kristian were non-stop gabbing. Jen at steveandkayla.com got over 400 pretty good pics - a lot of which have Kristian in them - and she doesn't have one bad pic. Two pics that were pretty funny were one of MBE reaching into her shirt where she was stashing her lipstick (lol - and MBE always has really funny expessions) and one where MBE and SN were talking with their heads close together and Josh Taylor seems to be pulling Stephen away from MBE (shades of 1986 with Chris K. not being happy with Steve moving in on Kayla).

All of the people I know who went made a particular comment about how beautiful and gorgeous Kristian was in person, and they also made a point to comment that although she was thin, she did not look like an unhealthy thin that often gets commented on the message boards.

MoonShadowed
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Nov 4 2008, 01:53 AM
LMAO to Joe Mascolo in that first video when he said "It means he will get arrested" in response to the "I'm having EJ's baby" sign.

Did anyone notice how Thaoo and LeAnn got like no fan reaction? I'm not sure whether people got so caught up in everyone else who came out (afterall, Joe came out with them and was getting alot of attention) but it got almost dead silent when their names were called. It seemed that way too for others like Josh Taylor, John Aniston, and Lauren Koslow so I guess it's most likely because people like James Scott, Joe Mascolo, etc came out before them and took the crowd's attention away from those in front of or behind them.

Shelley Hennig did look beautiful as the girls in the back were saying. Joe was really hamming it up and I love the little jump KA did when she first got onstage. Peggy McKay and Renee Jones seemed to be joking around with the crowd it seemed. Renee even humored the crowd when they cried out for Theo LOL.

Ali Sweeney didn't even look pregnant in what she was wearing.

LOL to Bryan and Darin hanging out on the balcony. Must have been on break. Bryan just kept smiling LOL. They acted like they were up to something and, of course, Bryan would be the one devising the plan. They both are said to be pranksters so no surprise them hanging out. Nice seeing Blake too.

Drake seemed happy, as did Eric. He does suite the role of Brady Black. I get this feeling Dee just didn't want to be there. I know she got caught in traffic but something was off about her. She seemed a bit miffed about something. She's usually so gracious and so warm and welcoming and I did not get that feel at all so far in any of the videos or pics I have seen.

dont you know she had a late night?
there was a party going on at her house til all hours of the morning :drunk:
if she was not all there, it's coz she was sleep deprived

:rockon:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

AllTheSame
Nov 4 2008, 10:02 PM
PhoenixRising05
LMAO to Joe Mascolo in that first video when he said "It means he will get arrested" in response to the "I'm having EJ's baby" sign.

Did anyone notice how Thaoo and LeAnn got like no fan reaction? I'm not sure whether people got so caught up in everyone else who came out (afterall, Joe came out with them and was getting alot of attention) but it got almost dead silent when their names were called. It seemed that way too for others like Josh Taylor, John Aniston, and Lauren Koslow so I guess it's most likely because people like James Scott, Joe Mascolo, etc came out before them and took the crowd's attention away from those in front of or behind them.

Shelley Hennig did look beautiful as the girls in the back were saying. Joe was really hamming it up and I love the little jump KA did when she first got onstage. Peggy McKay and Renee Jones seemed to be joking around with the crowd it seemed. Renee even humored the crowd when they cried out for Theo LOL.

LOL to Bryan and Darin hanging out on the balcony. Must have been on break. Bryan just kept smiling LOL. They acted like they were up to something and, of course, Bryan would be the one devising the plan. They both are said to be pranksters so no surprise them hanging out. Nice seeing Blake too.

Drake seemed happy, as did Eric. He does suite the role of Brady Black. I get this feeling Dee just didn't want to be there. I know she got caught in traffic but something was off about her. She seemed a bit miffed about something. She's usually so gracious and so warm and welcoming and I did not get that feel at all so far in any of the videos or pics I have seen.

No I didn't know. I'm not a member of her fan club or anything like that.

If that is the case, that's fine. As I said, I have no problem with her being tired or upset from being stuck in traffic and so on. I'm really confused because some are acting like this is a bad thing. It's realistic. It's human. I'm in no way bashing Dee. Just saying that from what I saw in certain moments, I felt something wasn't right. That's all.

MoonShadowed
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05

If that is the case, that's fine. As I said, I have no problem with her being tired or upset from being stuck in traffic and so on. I'm really confused because some are acting like this is a bad thing. It's realistic. It's human. I'm in no way bashing Dee. Just saying that from what I saw in certain moments, I felt something wasn't right. That's all.

hey no
im not bashing you at all
sorry if it came off that way
if anything, i was supporting your argument with a fact that some people might not have known

i am sick of everyone always being so positive about everyone, especially deidre
i dont care if she was a bitch, just say so
but i dont think the commentary from one person is much evidence, given that is opposes almost everything everyone else has said
more people would be saying that, if that was the case no?

ive met her several times
she's awesome
but i'd say if she wasnt
i dont think that was the issue this weekend though

people are human
they have bad days, most people wouldnt take it personally
but i agree with whoever wrote that ppl are so jaded by their first experience to see anything else

and no way am i a member of that FC :scared:

i love your posts btw :wub2:
no hate here :)
Edited by MoonShadowed, Nov 5 2008, 03:44 AM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

AllTheSame
Nov 5 2008, 03:28 AM
AllTheSame
PhoenixRising05

hey no
if anything, i was supporting your argument with a fact that some people might not have known

i am sick of everyone always being so positive about everyone, especially deidre
she's awesome
but i'd say if she wasnt
lauren could be a bitch i dont care [i havent met her i dont know lol]
i'd rather hear real stories
people are human
but i agree with whoever wrote that ppl are so jaded by their first experience to see anything else

I didn't think you were bashing at all and thanks for your words.

I guess I'm just confused by how jumpy some got when I brought up Dee possibly not having a good day. I just don't see what the big deal is. So what? She was pissed, sick, upset, or whatever and wasn't gung ho on being there or maybe she got bored or whatever. It happens. I actually prefer that kind of reaction to the kind you get from celebrities who are fake all the time and act like they are perfect. If she was up all night, that is valid reasoning to not be yourself. Hell, her being stuck in traffic is a reason too. She has justification and, again, I could be reading this all wrong. It's just what I picked up on from what I saw.

MoonShadowed
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Nov 5 2008, 03:38 AM
AllTheSame
Nov 5 2008, 03:28 AM
AllTheSame
PhoenixRising05

hey no

she's awesome
but i'd say if she wasnt
lauren could be a bitch i dont care [i havent met her i dont know lol]
i'd rather hear real stories
people are human

I didn't think you were bashing at all and thanks for your words.

I guess I'm just confused by how jumpy some got when I brought up Dee possibly not having a good day. I just don't see what the big deal is. So what? She was pissed, sick, upset, or whatever and wasn't gung ho on being there or maybe she got bored or whatever. It happens. I actually prefer that kind of reaction to the kind you get from celebrities who are fake all the time and act like they are perfect. If she was up all night, that is valid reasoning to not be yourself. Hell, her being stuck in traffic is a reason too. She has justification and, again, I could be reading this all wrong. It's just what I picked up on from what I saw.
can you not delete posts on here?
im having problems editing

i completely agree with what you're saying
some people are just defensive re certain people
god forbid a celeb has a shitty day :OhMy:

i'd rather be realistic in my thinking
and think well, at least it's not my fault :laugh:

have a nice night

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Jiggs
Nov 4 2008, 07:20 PM
Quote:

I don't know. Ok, I mean, I didn't see that whatsoever.
I dunno, Ellie... in the photos I saw of her I could sense she had a hang-nail. It probably threw her whole day off.
Oh, good grief. Thanks for solidfying my position that it's verbotim to consider Dee Hall anything less than a deity. Why is it off-limits to make observations about Dee Hall that aren't necessarily negative, but just show she might be HUMAN?????
Never mind. Why try? I think Tim was perfectly within his rights to make his observation. No one would be saying diddly squat if this comment was made about another actor. (except maybe James Scott)

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Nov 5 2008, 03:20 AM
AllTheSame
PhoenixRising05

Tim, I hope this doesn't keep you from continuing to make comments based on your observation. It's sad that some should try to make you feel guilty because you might consider an actor something less than on a pedastal and at top notch 24 hours a day.
I didn't see your comment as a bad thing at all.
In all honesty, it's reactions like this to your comment that REALLY make it tougher for me to like an actor. And that's through no fault of the actor...the hero worship gets damn tiresome.
I want to be able to make honest (but polite) assessments of actors, their abilities, and whether or not they have an off day. For me, it would make me MORE inclined to be even more negative if every little side comment I made was ripped apart if someone thought I was being sacriligious. Fans should be able to feel comfortable making observations like you made without having to defend themselves or add disclaimers like "I adore Dee". Why the hell does it make anyone less than a fan of someone because the fan KNOWS the actor will have off days, or perceives them of having off days?
To read most comments about Dee, I would expect she never even uses the bathroom (I could get a lot more coarse, but I don't want to get in trouble), doesn't get ingrown toenails, doesn't get headaches, always wakes up perfectly coifed, has never thrown up, and is Jack Benny-ish perpectually 39.....get my point?
OK, it's been a long week and I'm tired, so I'm being blunt. What the hell.
Yay, the election's over! (Whoops, wrong thread)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply