Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
anybody go to the event?
Topic Started: Nov 2 2008, 01:03 AM (8,087 Views)
Jiggs
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Nov 5 2008, 06:56 AM
Jiggs
Nov 4 2008, 07:20 PM
Quote:

I don't know. Ok, I mean, I didn't see that whatsoever.
I dunno, Ellie... in the photos I saw of her I could sense she had a hang-nail. It probably threw her whole day off.
Oh, good grief. Thanks for solidfying my position that it's verbotim to consider Dee Hall anything less than a deity. Why is it off-limits to make observations about Dee Hall that aren't necessarily negative, but just show she might be HUMAN?????
Never mind. Why try? I think Tim was perfectly within his rights to make his observation. No one would be saying diddly squat if this comment was made about another actor. (except maybe James Scott)
I think it's hilarious that you said you weren't there, and you don't know anything about it yet you had all kinds of speculation about it and her "humanness". Phoenix's comments were as ridiculous as if I had surmised that James Scott was deeply depressed because I saw him walking down the red carpet with his head down.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Jiggs
Nov 6 2008, 12:33 AM
ladyofthelake
Jiggs
Quote:

I dunno, Ellie... in the photos I saw of her I could sense she had a hang-nail. It probably threw her whole day off.
Oh, good grief. Thanks for solidfying my position that it's verbotim to consider Dee Hall anything less than a deity. Why is it off-limits to make observations about Dee Hall that aren't necessarily negative, but just show she might be HUMAN?????
Never mind. Why try? I think Tim was perfectly within his rights to make his observation. No one would be saying diddly squat if this comment was made about another actor. (except maybe James Scott)
I think it's hilarious that you said you weren't there, and you don't know anything about it yet you had all kinds of speculation about it and her "humanness". Phoenix's comments were as ridiculous as if I had surmised that James Scott was deeply depressed because I saw him walking down the red carpet with his head down.
Excuse me?! Ridiculous? Because I posted about an observation of mine that wasn't even negative? It was just a damn observation. I even said that it made me think more of Dee if my observation was right. She's human. She's entitled. Why are you acting like I said she is a horrible person or something?

You know what? Nevermind. It's not worth it.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Nov 6 2008, 12:51 AM
Jiggs
ladyofthelake
Jiggs
Quote:

Excuse me?! Ridiculous? Because I posted about an observation of mine that wasn't even negative? It was just a damn observation. I even said that it made me think more of Dee if my observation was right. She's human. She's entitled. Why are you acting like I said she is a horrible person or something?

Thanks for asking, phoenixrising05... and no I am not acting like you said she is a horrible person. I am reacting to comments I find ridiculous about an actor. I mean seriously, you could detect that Deidre Hall was having a bad day and have determined that she is human? I find that amazing. You are truly gifted.

CatherineEarnshaw

Jiggs
Nov 6 2008, 05:51 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jiggs
ladyofthelake
Jiggs
Quote:

Thanks for asking, phoenixrising05... and no I am not acting like you said she is a horrible person. I am reacting to comments I find ridiculous about an actor. I mean seriously, you could detect that Deidre Hall was having a bad day and have determined that she is human? I find that amazing. You are truly gifted.
I have no comment about Phoenix Rising's comments, he/she was there and it is his/her feeling (just that too, although I don't think he/she has said it was anything more) but I find it altogether amusing that ladyofthelake knows what is going on when she hasn't even met Deidre. Just like some might find it annoying that some think Deidre is perfect (which admittedly is nonsense), it is just as funny that some think Deidre is the antichrist.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Please remain respectful and do not bait other posters. Everyone has a right to an opinion!

Flying Monkey
Member Avatar

Jiggs
Nov 6 2008, 05:51 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jiggs
ladyofthelake
Jiggs
Quote:

I have to admit that reading the last half of this thread has caused me to burst into uncontrollable fits of laughter more than once. Reading all these wild assumptions made by people who didn't attend the event and who've only seen the same videos and read the same accounts as the rest of us have, has been mighty funny indeed.

I guess the actors who are normally so aware of themselves and their bodies when in public and/or on camera just forgot and started telegraphing all sorts of secret messages about how they feel or what they're thinking or better still what sort of a day they've had. Of course all of us without special super secret decoder rings are in the dark on all of this.

What's even more funny is after making all these highly questionable hypothesis' they want to get all upset when anyone dares question their insight and divinations.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

I agree with Phoenix - I think Dee was having a bad day. After reading JP's recap from SON, I'm sure she was having a bad day.

Mason

Does it really matter? LoL

hops
Member Avatar

Rakesh198
Nov 6 2008, 07:02 PM
I agree with Phoenix - I think Dee was having a bad day. After reading JP's recap from SON, I'm sure she was having a bad day.
LOL, think what you want, I was there and have seen many pictures of her and she was warm and smiling and looked to me like she was enjoying herself.

I on the other hand, although I was very happy to be hanging out with friends, was not happy with the way the event was organized.

I think it's just because no one said anything about any other actor maybe not wanting to be there. I'll jump in just because, lol. What about Peter and Kristen? They only stayed for their autograph session in the morning and then left. JS walked with his head down on the red carpet. Blake was late too, in traffic and didn't make the red carpet either. Maybe none of the actors wanted to be there. :shrug:

Edited by hops, Nov 6 2008, 08:25 PM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

hops
Nov 6 2008, 08:17 PM
Rakesh198
LOL, think what you want, I was there and have seen many pictures of her and she was warm and smiling and looked to me like she was enjoying herself.

I on the other hand, although I was very happy to be hanging out with friends, was not happy with the way the event was organized.

I think it's just because no one said anything about any other actor maybe not wanting to be there. I'll jump in just because, lol. What about Peter and Kristen? They only stayed for their autograph session in the morning and then left. JS walked with his head down on the red carpet. Blake was late too, in traffic and didn't make the red carpet either. Maybe none of the actors wanted to be there. :shrug:

And I acknowledged that I felt others were giving off the same feel. It's just that I saw more footage and pics of Dee. I made that point known. I didn't make my post with any intent to bash Dee. That is why I don't get the backlash here. Just because I felt Dee was giving off the impression she was having a bad day and really wasn't up for the event? I mean, there is nothing wrong with that. I'm not trying to make her sound bad. She's human. I'm merely pointing out her body language and her demeanor seemed different in some of what I've seen. Yes, I've seen and heard other accounts that said she was gracious and happy and all that. That's fine. I'm just saying I observed other attributes too in some other pics, videos, etc. There was no malice in my post at all yet some are acting like there was some. There is no reason to defend Dee. She's isn't being bashed or accused of something. I just felt like she may have been having a bad day. I really don't get what the issue is.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Nov 6 2008, 08:33 PM
hops
Nov 6 2008, 08:17 PM
Rakesh198

And I acknowledged that I felt others were giving off the same feel. It's just that I saw more footage and pics of Dee. I made that point known. I didn't make my post with any intent to bash Dee. That is why I don't get the backlash here. Just because I felt Dee was giving off the impression she was having a bad day and really wasn't up for the event? I mean, there is nothing wrong with that. I'm not trying to make her sound bad. She's human. I'm merely pointing out her body language and her demeanor seemed different in some of what I've seen. Yes, I've seen and heard other accounts that said she was gracious and happy and all that. That's fine. I'm just saying I observed other attributes too in some other pics, videos, etc. There was no malice in my post at all yet some are acting like there was some. There is no reason to defend Dee. She's isn't being bashed or accused of something. I just felt like she may have been having a bad day. I really don't get what the issue is.
Its the power of rabid fanbase. :laugh:

Mason

This may very well be the most frivolous argument in the history of this board.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Mason
Nov 6 2008, 08:49 PM
There will probably be more in the future when the fan bases go in to full invasion on DR, what we have been seeing for the last four months have only been small attacks here and there.

jeanneshuis
Member Avatar

dee was happy when i was at their table she even took a pic holding my friends baby its on tape somewhere i have been to events for over 7 yrs
and i come to find out some love to post not so good recaps on certain stars all to start rumors the rained messed up a lot of the plans dispite it all the cast and fans were great

i have witnessed it my self from someone that did not even go to one event about 5 yrs ago she lives 2,000 miles away
and some one told her how 2 stars at the event were not even speaking at all i was OHH REALLY funny i have them on tape hugging and laughing with each other

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I saw the clip of her holding a baby for a picture. I think it is in this thread somewhere.

Jiggs
Member Avatar

Mason
Nov 6 2008, 08:49 PM
I think pretty much every discussion about Days is irrelevant LOL

phloeishot
Member Avatar

Well, first of all, you have to remember that a lot of actors are shy which I believe is the case with J.S., so these kind of events might make them feel uncomfortable.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply