Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS: Ali blogged 10/31
Topic Started: Nov 2 2008, 02:40 AM (655 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Happy Halloween
October 31, 11:14 PM

Wow. I am EXHAUSTED. Ben had so many Halloween plans. I was up super early shooting a challenge for Biggest Loser 7, but luckily that meant I was done early, with plenty of free time to celebrate Halloween as a family. Our neighborhood planned a costume parade this afternoon. It was SO CUTE. Ben was an astronaut. And he decided that Jorge (our Chihuahua rescue) was his Astronaut Dog. So, all dressed up in his astronaut costume, we joined the kids gathering for the parade. It was such a fun parade, and there were so many adorable kids in cute costumes.

Afterwards, we went to a friend of Ben’s house to trick or treat. It was so cute to see Ben and his classmates trick-or-treating together. We walked up and down the street – he got a lot of compliments on the astronaut costume. The little girl with him was dressed as Hannah Montana, which was hilarious. She was so cute and I was that crazy mom following them like paparazzi taking pictures of them holding hands, trick-or-treating, and in front of great decorations. Man – I thought I was into Halloween? We were in a neighborhood that was Halloween-ed out! We were teasing the parents that they must have put it in the escrow agreement when they bought on that street that you have to spend x on your decorations. The whole street gets into it, and the kids LOVED IT.

We were so exhausted when we got home, that we got home and all just relaxed and watched Ratatouille and Ben loved opening the door for trick-or-treaters. I bought a whole bunch of those mini Play-Doh’s to give away instead of candy for the little kids. Obviously, I got the idea from the promo Ben and I did for Biggest Loser last week. But I thought it was a great suggestion, but I will admit, I was a little nervous that kids would scoff at getting us not having candy. But seriously? It was a big hit! Even the older kids said “Play-doh??!! Cool! “ and the girls were very particular about which color they wanted… it totally worked out. We also doled out the candy that Ben got from his trick-or-treating. Is that so mean?! We let him pick his favorite piece to eat after his dinner, and we gave the rest away. When Dave was growing up his dad would “do magic” with his candy, and at midnight all their candy would disappear… so, along those lines… especially at this age, we were able to distract Ben from the rest of the candy, and abracadabra, it’s gone. We’ll see how that goes over tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow – it’s the big “Day of Days” event at Universal City Walk. It should be so much fun. I can’t wait to see all the fans, answer questions, hang out with the cast. It’s hard, with my schedule to visit with my friends on set anymore… so it’ll be so great to spend the day together.

Hope to see you there!
XO
Ali

P.S… in reference to one fans post about the upcoming storylines… I just want to say that while actors all may have a feeling, or a hint, or a hope that the storyline will go a certain way… we really don’t know what’s going to happen down the line. It’s like anything – I’ll believe it when I see it. So I hear rumors all the time too. The reason I hesitate to speculate on upcoming story or give away spoilers to the fans, is that nothing is for sure until it’s in script form, under your dressing room door. So, I would take anything you hear with a grain of salt. :)

http://blog.nbc.com/alison/miscellaneous/happy_halloween.php#more

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply