Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Info about EJ/Sami/Nicole from Prevuze correspondent
Topic Started: Nov 2 2008, 02:40 PM (1,800 Views)
Ellie

I was just reading yesterday's Prevuze. They sent some "correspondents" to meet James Scott at an appearance he made (not yesterday's event), and they returned with a long report.

Here is part of it:

"James acknowledged that there have been some creative issues but things should be getting better in a couple of weeks."... "We were told that EJ would be with Nicole for now. Alison Sweeney’s pregnancy necessitated the witness protection storyline. By limiting her scenes to one set, DOOL can shoot multiple episodes more quickly thus preventing Sami from being off screen for an extended period of time. Brady is returning, and EJ and he will be butting heads. When pressed for more details, James demurred. "

Edited by Ellie, Nov 2 2008, 02:41 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Well that does make sense about why the choose the witness protection storyline..Thats a really smart move for the show...And so far i'm enjoying it...

Red Mist
Member Avatar

You know to me the show is sooo pitiful now I can not even give a shit about it. I am really starting to just fade from DAYS as a viewer.I quit watching, but I was keeping up by reading spoilers and prevuze. Now I read some of the spoilers and only a few of the prevuze. I am really losing interest in even doing that now. Its weird because I am no longer even missing the show, and it has been a part of my life since childhood. I feel about DAYS the way I felt about Passions in 2005 when I quit that show....just meh.

Nicole Walker

I can't wait to see Brady and EJ face off with each other. I guess the legacy continues.

Alligato
Member Avatar

The weird thing is....they really didn't need her to be pregnant to put her in witness protection. She could have just been un-pregnant Sami hanging out with this Rafe guy exploring her feelings...and if they were about EJ, that's great. And if she is supposed to fall for this Rafe guy, at least it wouldn't be while she is carrying another dude's kid.

I just have absolutely no clue why Sami has to be pregnant right now, especially with this perfect storyline for her to be isolated. Sigh!!!

I really don't know how I am supposed to handle the hotness of James Scott and Eric Marstoff on my television in the same scene!!!

Nicole Walker

The response Eric got when they showed the promos was awesome and his scenes haven't aired yet. LOL. This is gonna be good.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Nov 2 2008, 09:36 PM.

cassie1013

I feel like Ali pressured them to write her pregnancy in but really, tons of other people have been pregnant in daytime without it being written in...such BS about not wanting to "impose" on the crew as it's so much "work" for them. That's what happens in soaps and it's part of the crew's job! And writing it in didn't really get the show anywhere - first, she was a character trying to hide her pregnancy, and now she's isolated. like it's just so pointless.

Now that they've written it in, the writers probably don't want to undo it due to Ali but you can kind of tell by the way they are approaching the story they either didn't intend for it, or just simply don't want her in the story LOL. I guess from Ali's POV, more kids for your character is always good, plus ejami is good press too.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting ....

I read that and my take on it is that since Ali is going to be gone they are pretaping some scenes but they don't want to tie up the rest of the cast and they can't tie up the rest of the cast and mess up on going storylines so they stick her basically with one other actor the new guy who has no ties to any other storylines anyway.

EJole
Member Avatar
BANNED

I'm so happy 'cause of EJole, so I son't want Brady to seperate them!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Makes sense.

Days clearly had no plans to make Sami pregnant. None. She was barely on in summer and there would've been hints if they were going there. Yes, I know the Scott/Higley upheaval screwed with things but Sami's pregnancy did not come into play until the first week of October (a few weeks after Tomlin was in and Higley was back in charge), right after Nicole learned she was pregnant and Nicole had been showing pregnancy hints for a good three weeks. I think Ali forced their hand and since Higley and Ali had some tension, the show and Higley did it to please her and make all well. The issue is that the character of EJ suffered and I think that may be what James is speaking about and now they are working those issues out. I think with Sami isolated, it gives EJ a solid direction for awhile and that is probably why the writing for him is going to improve. I really wish they had not given in to Ali and just did the witness protection program story. The pregnancy story seems unnecessary at this point.

I'm excited about the fact that James is happy with what is coming. He seemed very upset a few weeks ago and now seems happier so that is good news. Everyone seems happier now. Hopefully, the show has all the kinks worked out and by December or so everything will be set up and ready to go forward smoothly.

angmc
Member Avatar

They only went with the Nicole pregnancy because of AS's pregnancy. Just because Nicole exhibited symptoms prior to Sami doesn't mean they were planning Nicole's pregnancy and not Sami's. The show was clearly going in the direction of having some big drama with baby Allie but had to dump it because of the pregnancy. At that point they started with Nicole's pregnancy symptoms. Nicole being pregnant was one of the ways they have chosen to keep EJ and Sami apart along with WP.

Also, one of the reasons that they probably had to wait so long to write in Sami's pregnancy was to ensure that AS was safely past her first trimester.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

angmc
Nov 4 2008, 11:55 PM
They only went with the Nicole pregnancy because of AS's pregnancy. Just because Nicole exhibited symptoms prior to Sami doesn't mean they were planning Nicole's pregnancy and not Sami's. The show was clearly going in the direction of having some big drama with baby Allie but had to dump it because of the pregnancy. At that point they started with Nicole's pregnancy symptoms. Nicole being pregnant was one of the ways they have chosen to keep EJ and Sami apart along with WP.

Also, one of the reasons that they probably had to wait so long to write in Sami's pregnancy was to ensure that AS was safely past her first trimester.
I disagree.

Nicole slept with EJ in July and, watching soaps as long as I have, usually it's around 3 months when the woman begins to have symptoms and learns she is pregnant. Nicole hit the 3 month mark and followed that pattern. The hints of her pregnancy began even before new co-EP Gary Tomlin was being credited so they were even going there under Ed Scott.

Now, two episodes in to Tomlin's run, the show all of a sudden stopped hiding Ali's stomach during Stefano's cocktail party. They had until that point but stopped. Then, two weeks later, her stomach continues to no longer be hidden and she has scenes with EJ addressing her weight and she proceeds to faint and learn she is pregnant. Very sudden and out of nowhere. There is no story purpose behind her pregnancy, unlike Nicole's. Sami already has a Dimera baby. Again, it's forced and suggests it was only done because Ali pushed it and they felt they had to agree. I think the Allie thing was dropped because it was all Ed Scott and Dena and co wanted no part of it, I'm glad they dropped it.

angmc
Member Avatar

To me it wasn't sudden since the show has known Ali was pregnant since June and as I pointed out they were waiting for her to safely get past her first trimester. Nicole found out she was pregnant before Sami because of the direction they wanted to take the story which was for Sami to hide her pregnancy from EJ as long as possible and Nicole finding out first gives Sami that excuse. And if Nicole loses the baby as many are predicting...then what was the purpose?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

angmc
Nov 5 2008, 08:34 PM
To me it wasn't sudden since the show has known Ali was pregnant since June and as I pointed out they were waiting for her to safely get past her first trimester. Nicole found out she was pregnant before Sami because of the direction they wanted to take the story which was for Sami to hide her pregnancy from EJ as long as possible and Nicole finding out first gives Sami that excuse. And if Nicole loses the baby as many are predicting...then what was the purpose?
To develop the character further, to give Ej/Nicole a fair chance, to make Nicole more likable to those who don't like her, etc.

There are many purposes for it.

The fact that Ali knew since June and the show did nothing about it until late September is what convinces me it wasn't their plan. They would've threw out hints before that, probably around the same time as Nicole's hints. Afterall, Sami did sleep with EJ in mid-May. They didn't and it was said that Ali was angry that Dena refused to meet with her. My theory is that Ali wanting to be pregnant onscreen was known by everyone and Dena and co did not want to do it and Ali had a fit. Eventually, they gave in because she has alot of clout.

There is no reason for Sami to be pregnant. None. She has a child with EJ already so she has a hold on him and they both still love each other. Since she has a child with him, she already has a Dimera/Brady baby. Now she is in witness protection and the baby serves no purpose in that. That is what I mean. She was made pregnant just to make her pregnant and make Ali happy. Whereas Nicole's pregnancy feels like a a real story, Sami's is more or less just something tossed in like an accessory.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

They should have gone with a storyline of Nicole being Melanie's mother rather than her getting knocked up in an elevator by a guy who doesn't love her. This pregnancy storyline has turned Nicole's character into a weeping, insecure mess, things that Nicole should never be.

Loretta3938
Member Avatar

The story of Nicole's pregnancy hasn't made me love her character at all. If anything, I like her less now than I did before. She wasn't as weepy and clingy back then, at least. I actually think they wrote Nicole's pregnancy in after they decided to go with another pregnancy for Sami. It looks that way to me...who watched how quickly on AMC one year where Babe's pregnancy caught up with Bianca's for the story they ultimately told. I think Nicole has been catching up to Sami so they can arrange something down the line...whether it's a baby switch or something else, I don't know. It just looks like it to me.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

mbdimera
Nov 5 2008, 09:47 PM
They should have gone with a storyline of Nicole being Melanie's mother rather than her getting knocked up in an elevator by a guy who doesn't love her. This pregnancy storyline has turned Nicole's character into a weeping, insecure mess, things that Nicole should never be.
Oh, good Lord, no. Melanie has enough story right now the way it is.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply