Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Discussion; For week of November 3rd
Topic Started: Nov 3 2008, 04:12 PM (4,733 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Jinxie
Nov 4 2008, 09:29 PM
^ I think Max is portrayed to be later 20's too. I remember Steve talking about him being so experienced and all when him and Stephanie first started dating!
What does that have to do with age? When Max first came on the show he was a big whore.

Or did you mean experience in a different way?
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Nov 4 2008, 04:03 PM
I really loved Tuesday. Great suspensefull show. I think mr. Reilly would be proud today because the show definitely had classic Reilly feeling and I donīt mean the horrible second stint.

First, the Melanie/Nick stuff. I thought it was perfect, the music, MB and BBīs acting, the growing feeling something is terribly wrong with him. Melanie seems to be a little scared too, still, Nick is her only chance to have some money so she just tries to ignore it. The best thing was the fantasy at the end, so over top and so funny. Nick is spiralling out of control and I canīt wait for the next episode. Really chilling, thriling stuff even if I already know where it goes. I can imagine spoiler free people are really sitting on the edge of their seats now.

Stephanie/Phillip. Now this is pairing which I think could get really big. I liked Morgan, but the truth is JKJ never seemed to really click with KR and some of their scenes felt forced. And the writers really screwed the falling in love part which should be the best. With Steph/Phillip you can almost see JKJ and SH being all giddy they are finally working together. Steph was so funny today and I love how innocent all her scenes with Phillip are even if the sexual tension is clearly there. Steph also seems to be much more herself and relaxed, with Max she was usually very uptight.

Stephanie/Max. After today Iīm almost sure they are really over. Itīs not just Melanie keeping them apart now, itīs the whole baggage of annoying things which has been always there but both Max and Steph were too in love to really make it an issue. Now, when the love is slowly fading away, they are starting to digging them out and use againt each other.

EJ/Stefano/Nicol. I think the writers are watching all the prison movies to see what most horrible could happen to Nicole there. Itīs totally unrealistic and over top but I really donīt care as long as its entertaining and AZ is great at comedy. It was not totally shallow either because we again saw how sorry and ashamed Nicol is for part of her past. Stefano was really at the top of his game today and I like his obsession with grandchildren and family. I think itīs much more realistical than if he was still obsessed with Marlena or worse, the vendetta.

Lexie/Abe. Liked the foreshadowing with Stephanoīs call and Lexie being very unsure at the end. Soon or later she will have to choose between Abe and her DiMera roots and it will not be easy.

Rather then come up with my usual long ass post, I will just quote yours LOL.

I agree that today had the feel of a classic JER Days episode. Lots of suspense and foreshadowing.

I'm so glad the Cheatin Heart set is back and loved Lexie and Abe mentioning how long it's been since they've been in there. Nice nod to the audience about the set being gone for so long. I love mentions like that.

I'm glad Philip is having scenes with Philip and, to be honest' he only looks awkward in scenes that have a romantic angle between him and Melanie. Otherwise, he's fine. There is a natural chemistry with Jay and Shelley. They seem to enjoy each other and the difference in the character of Stephanie away from Max is remarkable. She seems so free and I find myself liking her more then I already did. I absolutely agree that now that they are apart they are being objective and bringing up things that bothered them in the past (Max settling for bartending, etc). I do like that Max associates Trent with college and using his intelligence to further himself. It's an interesting character layer. Whatever the case, Stephanie and Philip have the potential to be big, moreso then Philip/Morgan. The history with their parents chemistry...so much potential. I did enjoy the little Chelsea/Max scene too.

I'm really enjoying how they roped Stefano back into Abe and Lexie's lives. You can see a ton of foreshadowing of Lexie being dragged back to her Dimera roots. Lots of tension and a foreboding. Loved it.

Nicole was fun as usual. They were over the top scenes but fun. Stefano was great today. I liked EJ bringing up his obsession with family and heirs. Good scenes.

The music and feel of the Nick/Melanie scenes is just so intense and creepy. Blake is really playing this well and so is Burnett. Melanie sees that something isn't right. She can sense it. Nick isn't even letting her breathe. He's always around, hanging out outside her door (how creepy was that?!), and he just won't leave her alone. She's just so focused on money and the fact that he will do anything for her that it doesn't matter enough to her. My only issue is that they are throwing too much of this out at once. The pills, the over the top fantasies, Nick being all creepy and stalker-like, the reveal that he wrote the notes...it feels like we went from one extreme to another. I'm enjoying it but I do feel like the show should've spread this all out a bit. That fantasy at the end was...wow. Looking forward to seeing where all this goes.

Very good episode and tomorrow's is very enjoyable as well.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Maybe its that i was more interested in the election coverage, but i found myself pretty bored with this episode...I did a lot of fast-forwarding, but watched the Phillip and Stephanie scenes (these two have some great chemistry)...After all this time, i'm glad they are being explored...Also enjoyed Max and Steph fighting....Stefano calling Lexie...And Nick showing Melanie the letter...

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kevc1980
Nov 5 2008, 03:14 AM
Maybe its that i was more interested in the election coverage, but i found myself pretty bored with this episode...I did a lot of fast-forwarding, but watched the Phillip and Stephanie scenes (these two have some great chemistry)...After all this time, i'm glad they are being explored...Also enjoyed Max and Steph fighting....Stefano calling Lexie...And Nick showing Melanie the letter...
Must've been the coverage because you just said you enjoyed most parts of the episode :laugh: .

I know what you mean. I watched before the heavy coverage but a friend of mine watched after Obama's speech and said it was a good episode but not great so I think many of us got so caught up in the election that everything else pales in comparison.

Days4Life

I'm really afraid they are going to kill off Kate now. There is some major chemistry between Chloe and Daniel! But the dueling tans made me think my TV needed its color adjusted!

Nick sitting there outside Melanie's room.....creepy!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

You crack me up, Tim. Are you in public relations?

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

I don't know what to think of the Dan/Chloe conversation. Did it have chemistry? I couldn't tell because it seemed like a weird conversation. I really would like to see them as friends. For Chloe to go from Brady to Philip to Lucas and now to Daniel is just ridiculous and Dan's already on hot ground for the grandmother/granddaughter thing.

I can't take credit for this, it was said at TWoP but apparently the part of Nick is now being played by Terry. Seriously, Blake is rocking the creepy vibe. But then he can turn around and be back to being cute. I loved his reaction when she started baking for him, since he just had that fantasy. I think that will help feed whatever is happening to him, in his warped mind, he's thinking everything is coming to plan.

Philip putting the breaks on Nick's prototype might not been exactly what Chelsea meant when she needed his help to get Nick away from her. Meanwhile, I'm sorry we didn't get to see Philip drop Stephanie up. This is where the story should go. I don't know if she is at the sorority house but Philip takes her to her parents. Steve arrives home to see a drunk Stephanie giggling and purring in Philip's arms who is actually trying to do the right thing but Steve doesn't quite see it that way, you know, he's a Kiriakis. But noooo, we don't get that do we?

Edited by Tripp, Nov 5 2008, 03:44 PM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Nadia Bjorlin and Shawn Christian's chemistry could make me a Danloe fan real fast. They are definitely hot together. Christian's not that great of an actor so he doesn't upstage her like Johnson tends to. But would Chloe fall for Daniel, and vice versa, character wise, I don't know if they work or if they're just too random. I'll need a few more scenes to determine that.

LovingDays

true i love chloe with daniel not with lucas yak

Charmqn
Member Avatar

I totally agree Tripp about Blake. The way he can play creepy/dark and sweet at the same time is a true talent. He was great again.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Tripp
Nov 5 2008, 03:42 PM
Philip putting the breaks on Nick's prototype might not been exactly what Chelsea meant when she needed his help to get Nick away from her. Meanwhile, I'm sorry we didn't get to see Philip drop Stephanie up. This is where the story should go. I don't know if she is at the sorority house but Philip takes her to her parents. Steve arrives home to see a drunk Stephanie giggling and purring in Philip's arms who is actually trying to do the right thing but Steve doesn't quite see it that way, you know, he's a Kiriakis. But noooo, we don't get that do we?

That would've been great to see. I really hope they start including Victor, Steve and Kayla into this potential romance storyline. It'll give all three something to do. Hell, you could insert a lot of the Bradys into this as well because it could cause tension for everyone, including Kayla and Caroline, and Kayla and Bo. Bo has grown to accept his Kiriakis family a lot this year, so would he be okay with Steve and Kayla objecting his brother?

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

^Not to mention, we would actually be using STEVE AND KAYLA!!!

Now, something on the Dan/Chloe. Everyone keeps talking of their chemistry (which I'm not seeing). I am just getting annoyed more and more with these random pairings. I don't mind them speaking to each other as friends. But doing the flirting turns me off. Why? Daniel's current girlfriend is in the hospital with cancer. That same woman is mother to Chloe's live in boyfriend. It just seems like Chloe's flirting with Kate's doctor is in poor taste as well for Dan too.

Alligato
Member Avatar

LOL about Terry playing Nick. Nick sitting outside her room made my skin crawl! What are they doing to my sensible, smart Nick??? I am hooked though as to what he will do next.

When Dan came up at the gym and Chloe was standing their with her huge ass boobs flying out of her top and Dan was rubbing her arm...ew! I didn't like that.
Chloe seemed unsure at first, but they do play off each other pretty well. I wish they would have skipped over Chloe and Lucas (put Lumi together for a minute), and Kate and Stefano could have romanced a bit - didn't he friggin propose to her??? And then it would have made more sense for Chloe and Dan to hook up...not so damn random.

Can we just get a little break from Melanie? Hum? Just a little?

And if I worked at the SPD and saw Bo and Hope get all kissy and cutsey, it would make me sick. I know they are married, but I bet Mr. and Mrs. High and Mighty don't have too many friends on the force with their little affection displays and favoritism now that Bo is boss. And it just kills me that Hope didn't get it. She hasn't spent much time with her kid at all, and Bo was just investigated for a crime.

Oh well. Today was okay.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Isn't this suppose to be SWEEPS? Man alive DAYS is such a huge snore! Can someone tell me what the BIG SWEEPS Storyline is????? Help I'm so confused!

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Alligato
Nov 5 2008, 05:26 PM

And if I worked at the SPD and saw Bo and Hope get all kissy and cutsey, it would make me sick. I know they are married, but I bet Mr. and Mrs. High and Mighty don't have too many friends on the force with their little affection displays and favoritism now that Bo is boss. And it just kills me that Hope didn't get it. She hasn't spent much time with her kid at all, and Bo was just investigated for a crime.

Ohhhh, don't get me started. One could argue that the position is more about politics and paperwork and Bo is the last person who I would think would do well and Hope is much better except when she does the judgmental face.

jane1978

cjknick
Nov 5 2008, 05:35 PM
Isn't this suppose to be SWEEPS? Man alive DAYS is such a huge snore! Can someone tell me what the BIG SWEEPS Storyline is????? Help I'm so confused!
I think the leading sweeps storyline is Nickīs obsession with Melanie and the huge and shocking final of the Trentīs murder storyline.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

I am still a Phloe fan but Daniel and Chloe are hot. I was taken aback by their chemistry today. I could get behind Danloe for a while if that is where the writers are going.

Mikegoldy
Member Avatar

I think Daniel and Chloe can be a hit. Nadia needs to be paired with someone older who has the same sort of sex appeal she has. But don't let it go too fast. I think it would be funny to see a recovered Kate and Lucas try to keep them apart

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Nov 5 2008, 03:40 PM
You crack me up, Tim. Are you in public relations?
No but I should be since my posts obviously come off that way :laugh: . Seriously, I don't set out to make it sound like spin. It really is how I feel. If NBC or Days wants to offer me a job, by all means. I could use a better one :laugh: .

As for today, wow. I have to say...sign me up for Chloe and Daniel. I like Daniel and Kate but man did Chloe and Daniel have some major sparks. What's good is they aren't forced. When Daniel first came to Salem, Daniel did reveal at a dinner party at Victor's that he had saw Chloe singing in Europe. They got to know each other last week after they crossed paths at the hospital and today they interacted at a public place. This is how you start a romance. Plus, Nadia has really upped her game. She seems so natural lately and her monotone delivery was nonexistent, at least for me, today. I really enjoyed their interaction and their talking abut Kate, Lucas, etc. Good stuff. They laid a nice foundation today for something more. Enjoyed the Philip/Chloe scenes too. I'm glad they are still friends. Philip/Daniel is always good because they match up well in face off scenes for me. I do have to say I got annoyed when Chloe talked about her friendship with Nicole. It came off like the writers were speaking to those of us who hate the friendship and they need to grasp the fact that their friendship will always be hard to accept so they shouldn't even bother trying to sell it.

Enjoyed the Bo and Hope banter. It was also cute to see Roman taking a jab at Bo being dressed up and Hope enjoying it but also taking a jab at Roman being Bo's OLDER brother. Cute stuff. I love when those dynamics get played.

Tony/Stefano was awesome. Loved Tony's line about Stefano being happy because he ran down a Brady on the way over :laugh: . I like Tony's snark and Stefano's sarcasm, especially in his later scenes with Abe and Roman. I think we came as close to a confession today as we are going to get with Stefano the way he refused to be direct, saying Abe and Roman wouldn't want him to be, and the way he talked at the end in the scene with the picture. I see some good stuff coming out of this. Lexie and Abe are a mess. I just love how Stefano has forced his way back into their lives. It seems Stefano saw it could go his way no matter what killing the mayor...Abe may not accept the position out of shame or discomfort (he probably knew Lexie would tell him about what happened) or he would accept and now Stefano has something to hold over Abe's head. I love this. The scenes had a nice tension to them. Love the Tony/Lexie scenes and the scenes at the end with Abe winning and Bo and Hope being present. Bo's discomfort with dressing up was funny.

On another note, Thaoo was good today but boy could you tell how unhappy he was in that last scene. The way he was standing in the background with that scowl on his face and just kind of sighing over being in the background...wow. I see where he is coming from but it was obvious.

The Melanie/Nick stuff was creepy in the beginning and the stuff with Philip was good at the end. The rest was a waste though. We just had the money talk with Melanie and Nick yesterday. I do see Philip and Melanie becoming a thorn in each other's sides and that is about it.

Not a bad show. The week's been good so far.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Nov 6 2008, 01:49 AM.

fenderbabe

Wow, I actually found Daniel and Chloe to be very much forced. There's obviously something I'm not going to like about Daniel telling Kate in one episode how much he needs her, and then in another rubbing up on Chloe asking for a piece of her cleavage cake. Sorry, but enough lust took place in two elevators over the summer to last me a freaking lifetime. Dan and Chloe came off too hot for each other to a point where I've lost a lot of respect that I not only just gained back from Daniel, but the very little I had left for Chloe. Kate's in the hospital weak from chemo treatments and they're at the gym gawking at each other? That's the least hot thing I can think of, in fact it's sickening to me. I'm sick of people thinking with their flys open instead of with their heads and hearts. Maybe if Chloe never slept with both of Kate's sons in a matter of months, I wouldn't be as turned off by her sweating in front of Kate's boyfriend, but I am. Why would you ask a man if he's in love with a woman and then flirt with him two seconds later like it wouldn't even matter if he was?

Honestly, I can't watch Daniel turn back into the scum he was last spring and summer after the progress he's made with Kate...I just can't. Then again, this 'hitting on my girlfriend's son's girlfriend' is actually huge step up for him since he once thought grandmother/granddaughter seemed like a bitchin' idea.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply