Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
OLTL: November Discussion; Discuss life in Llanview
Topic Started: Nov 4 2008, 02:01 AM (814 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Discuss One Life to Live in the month of November

OLTL Classic Clip, 1993: Todd is bothered when he sees Marty start to self-destruct. He takes a trip down memory lane starting from when they first met.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bellcurve
Member Avatar

Damn, when did Kristen Alderson start phoning it in? Her work in the baby story sucks right now.

SallySlice
Member Avatar

About 5 years ago.

darraholic
Member Avatar

OMG Thursday's episode rocked. Loved seeing Viki & Jean.

Felt terrible for Jess/Tess. Poor girl can't catch a break.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Yesterdays episode was great. I'd be shocked if Jessica's baby does end up being stillborn - kinda ruins that whole I'm raising this baby without its father thing they've been going for. I'm thinking we'll probably hear some crying from it today.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar

Another great episode.

Bree Williamson continues to amaze me. I thought she was great as Bess.

darraholic
Member Avatar

I've been loving the show recently but the acting has been BAD the past few episodes. The scenes with Jared, Natalie, Viki & Charlie were almost cringe worthy. I usually think Erika Slezak is amazing but she seemed to be over acting big time.

I do think Susan Haskell has been amazing the past few episodes.
Edited by darraholic, Nov 12 2008, 11:00 AM.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

darraholic
Nov 12 2008, 10:59 AM
I've been loving the show recently but the acting has been BAD the past few episodes. The scenes with Jared, Natalie, Viki & Charlie were almost cringe worthy. I usually think Erika Slezak is amazing but she seemed to be over acting big time.

I do think Susan Haskell has been amazing the past few episodes.
Susan Haskell has been must-see for me. I wish she would shot Todd's balls off.

darraholic
Member Avatar

I was expecting her to pull the trigger once Todd admitted he did rape her. It would be much better then John beating the crap out of him.

darraholic
Member Avatar

I think today's episode was the best of the week. The ending montage was beautifully done. The ending with Marty & Cole almost made me tear up.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Wow, the scenes with Marty freaking out for sleeping with Todd were great.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Drew
Nov 18 2008, 01:54 AM
Wow, the scenes with Marty freaking out for sleeping with Todd were great.
I agree. Susan was wonderful in those scenes.....such mental and emotional anguish....

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

OLTL is so far ahead of Days again, it's not even funny. Those baby mourning scenes......Cole seeing his mom again................beautiful work.

SallySlice
Member Avatar

The whole show was great I thought.
I love episodes where truth and secrets are revealed to the clueless ones.

I loved Marty freaking out when she digested what happened.
The poor girl even threw up!
Great drama indeed.
I always loved Marty since she hit town all those years ago.
And now that she has been through this...I care for her even more.

Todd crying had me almost crying.
He really did change, and it was too late to undo what he did.
He really is the most complex character around in my opinion.
He does these horrible horrible things and yet I still want him to come through the other side.

Cole was amazing I thought.
He broke my heart.

As did Marcie and Michael.
They are so going to make their way back to each other after this.

Way to go Langston!
That dead baby hair will be the key later down the road next year.

I like how there is no winner in all these stories
It's just filled with sadness.
Starr lost.
Todd lost.
Marty lost.
Marcie lost.
Tess/Jessica lost...

Except Natalie...she got her freedom, daddy AND her man back.

Bitch!

Edited by SallySlice, Nov 18 2008, 09:31 AM.

darraholic
Member Avatar

ITA with everything you said Sally.

I never watched during Susan Haskell's original run. At first when she was stuck on the bed in those awful nightgowns I thought she was highly overrated. But Susan is probably one of my favorite actresses now. She's been AMAZING and you can totally feel her pain. I really hope she takes home the emmy for this work. Ditto with Trevor St. John.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

I never thought about Marty getting pregnant.....that could be a very interesting twist.

Jonatha

darraholic
Nov 18 2008, 11:08 AM
ITA with everything you said Sally.

I never watched during Susan Haskell's original run. At first when she was stuck on the bed in those awful nightgowns I thought she was highly overrated. But Susan is probably one of my favorite actresses now. She's been AMAZING and you can totally feel her pain. I really hope she takes home the emmy for this work. Ditto with Trevor St. John.
Thanks for saying that about Trevor. I know everyone hates Todd with good reason. But that doesn't take away from TSJ's acting. He's fantastic. :wub2:

darraholic
Member Avatar

I think Trevor St. John is amazing. I actually like him more then Roger Howarth.

Mason
Member Avatar

I never saw RH's Todd, but I can't imagine I'd prefer him to Trevor's. I think Howarth is one of the most overrated actors currently in daytime.

Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

lol....what the hell Tina!?....that puppy couldnt even open it's eyes. Way too young to be away from it's mother.

But....that is Tina....no maternal instincts.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply