Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers & Previews; week of 11/17 *UPDATED 11/11*
Topic Started: Nov 5 2008, 05:52 PM (4,491 Views)
DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Maybe Chloe and Brady will rewed. That was a fairytale wedding the first time and what a shame it was broken. I love Melanie. The actress is fire and water. I loved her little Miss Suzy housewifey baking in an apron skit with Nick and then spitfire with Philip. What I didn't like to read was that Steve would be on again. My hopes were for him and Kayla to take off from Salem forever. What a shame to bring them back for this. Actually, I like Steve OK, it's Kayla that is soooo wrong. Since I didn't watch Passions, the new Brady will be brand new to me so I'm looking forward to seeing him.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Well, All Melanie, All the Time. At least Sami was more established when we had All Sami, All the Time. That's a little much for such a new character and a relatively inexperienced actress. She really needs to tone the voice down, in my opinion. I was very receptive to this character, but I'm sick of her now. She was a real turn-off to me this week in the way she played Nick. And a little snark goes a long way. Snark is great until it's constant, then it's just downright brattiness.
And, J&M Rocks, please don't "shout". I'm asking nicely.

Deleted User
Deleted User

ladyofthelake
Nov 8 2008, 05:41 PM
Well, All Melanie, All the Time. At least Sami was more established when we had All Sami, All the Time. That's a little much for such a new character and a relatively inexperienced actress. She really needs to tone the voice down, in my opinion. I was very receptive to this character, but I'm sick of her now. She was a real turn-off to me this week in the way she played Nick. And a little snark goes a long way. Snark is great until it's constant, then it's just downright brattiness.
Word Lady. I've been craving for a bitch on this show for awhile since Sami and Nicole are whoever the hell they are these days. But damn give the girl a break.
Quote Post Goto Top

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Tripp
Nov 8 2008, 09:32 AM
Paxton
Nov 8 2008, 12:29 AM
Angie79
Nov 7 2008, 11:08 PM
Thursday
Bo and Philip save Melanie from falling to her death
Normally I love Philip and Bo together, but I do not approve of this. Couldn't they just let her fall?

But I do wonder how it is (and where) that she comes to fall. Since this is right after she learns about Nick killing Trent, could Nick have pushed her? And if so, my only regret is that Nick didn't finish the job.
Angie's source says that Nick 'accidentally' pushes her.
I can't picture Nick as a villan. Its too big of a transition even for him. Pushing Melanie is too unlike of his character.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Jinxie
Nov 8 2008, 07:51 PM
Tripp
Nov 8 2008, 09:32 AM
Paxton
Nov 8 2008, 12:29 AM
Angie79
Nov 7 2008, 11:08 PM
Thursday
Bo and Philip save Melanie from falling to her death
Normally I love Philip and Bo together, but I do not approve of this. Couldn't they just let her fall?

But I do wonder how it is (and where) that she comes to fall. Since this is right after she learns about Nick killing Trent, could Nick have pushed her? And if so, my only regret is that Nick didn't finish the job.
Angie's source says that Nick 'accidentally' pushes her.
I can't picture Nick as a villan. Its too big of a transition even for him. Pushing Melanie is too unlike of his character.
Well if its an accident a la Willow's death then I see no problem with it.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

ladyofthelake
Nov 8 2008, 05:41 PM
In fairness, she did not get this much airtime when she started. It's only been the last half of October and now that she is and that is because Trent's murder story is wrapping up.

If her airtime does not decrease at the end of this story, then it will be a problem.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Looks like it wasn't just Ed Scott pimping the green stuff on Days...As now Abe is going to have a plan to make the waterfront green..This show is so lame sometimes..

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Yeah but at least it's not forced. That is something you can see a mayor doing.

The Green stuff is fine as long as it's not presented in a way that makes you want to beat your head against a wall. I think bringing it up through Abe makes sense.

Mason
Member Avatar

Too bad no one cares, either way...
Edited by Mason, Nov 9 2008, 12:04 AM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Well, that's fine but people should care about the Green movement. Actually, I think people do now, moreso then a few years ago, and that is why Days mentions it. As I've said, I believe one of the reasons NBC is still willing to keep Days around is to promote causes like that and their other shows.

Mason
Member Avatar

Hey, I'm all for green-ness.

I just don't need to have it shoved in my face on my soaps. When I watch TV, I want to be entertained, not educated. Save that shit for PBS.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^Yeah but that is what soaps used to focus on. Social issues. They just got so away from it so many don't realize it.

I agree you can't shove it down fans' throats like the show did in the Spring but back in September they had Mickey and Maggie mention it and it wasn't bad. Occasionally mentioning it and focusing on it is fine. It just can't be overbearing. I think having it mentioned through Abe is fine. A mayor would do something like that.

Mason
Member Avatar

But they did it in ways that were actually interesting back then, so it didn't come off as one big boring sermon.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Nov 9 2008, 12:10 AM
But they did it in ways that were actually interesting back then, so it didn't come off as one big boring sermon.
Not all the time.

It's subjective, I guess. I just think it's fine as long as it's in moderation but to each their own.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

PhoenixRising05
Nov 9 2008, 12:01 AM
^Yeah but at least it's not forced. That is something you can see a mayor doing.

The Green stuff is fine as long as it's not presented in a way that makes you want to beat your head against a wall. I think bringing it up through Abe makes sense.
I can see a mayor doing lots of things, but do I care to see all that on my TV? Hell no. It must be from the higher ups forcing this green shit on us.

Mason
Member Avatar

It really doesn't even matter to me who's responsible for it. I just want it to stop.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kirk
Nov 9 2008, 01:09 AM
PhoenixRising05
Nov 9 2008, 12:01 AM

I can see a mayor doing lots of things, but do I care to see all that on my TV? Hell no. It must be from the higher ups forcing this green shit on us.
I see what your saying, Kirk, but the story is that he is mayor so it would be dropping the ball if they didn't focus on issues a mayor would deal with and, if NBC or whomever is forcing Days to promote the Green stuff, at least with this it can be worked into an actual story and not just be something randomly mentioned out of the blue that sticks out like a sore thumb. That is all I'm saying.

EJole
Member Avatar
BANNED

A getaway :D:D

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Mason
Nov 9 2008, 12:05 AM
Hey, I'm all for green-ness.

I just don't need to have it shoved in my face on my soaps. When I watch TV, I want to be entertained, not educated. Save that shit for PBS.
And it depends on how its done. I'm all for promoting common sense things the average middle class citizen can do, like cans, water usage reduction, newspaper recycling, carpooling, and things like that, but if he starts telling people to redo their countertops or put in thermal heat panels in their houses.............I might throw something.

In regards to the Melanie comment, Tim, I agree to an extent, but now Philip is getting sucked into the vortex. Right now, the focus as a possible perpetrator should be on Nicole and/or Nick. Nick's stalkishness is one thing............but there have been some repetitive things (i.e., the whole grant thing) that just aren't necessary. The VERY least the director can do is tell her to tone it down a little. It's possible that the acting choices are what's getting people who are tired of her, well, tired of her. I just know I'm almost to the point of wanting to mute and just read lips to get the story. If this didn't involve Nick so much, I probably would.

I hope you're right........when this story is over, I hope she gets backburnered.
Edited by ladyofthelake, Nov 9 2008, 09:52 AM.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Looks like Steve is finally about to get something to do. About damn time!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply