Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers & Previews; week of 11/17 *UPDATED 11/11*
Topic Started: Nov 5 2008, 05:52 PM (4,427 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

DrewHamilton
Nov 9 2008, 12:04 PM
Looks like Steve is finally about to get something to do. About damn time!
Steve who? ;) Wait, I think I remember him!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Daytime Dial spoilers

NEXT WEEK:

* Stefano, EJ, and Nicole have a family dinner together.

* Melanie is bumped off the balcony and holds on for her life.

* Lucas makes it clear to Kate that he intends to marry Chloe.

* Daniel tells Chloe how he always gets too involved in his patient’s recovery.

* Abe gives a press conference on a new “green” initiative to clean up the waterfront.

Thursday – Nick is arrested for the murder of Trent Robbins.

Friday – Marlena comes face to face with the mayor’s killer.

http://daytimedial.blogspot.com/

Nicole Walker

BLAH.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting the updates Angie ...

Still can't believe this is Sweeps and this is what Days thinks is Sweeps worthy!

Nicole Walker

It's boring. The only thing I look forward to is Brady's return and that's pretty sad.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Nov 11 2008, 12:35 PM.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Ya know, I have been on many a balcony, and I still don't get how someone gets bumped off. How low is the railing on this balcony???

And if they want to push "green" that is fine, but where is the drama in this? Where is the soapiness? What is the point to have Abe talk about the waterfront? Not like we are going to see that set...other than the docks. I can understand the preaching about greening the damn restaurant, but to green the waterfront? Isn't that already pretty green?
Sorry but this is a bullshit spoiler that really doesn't need a mention in the dailies...let us just be surprised that Abe talks about it, huh?

Thanks Angie!

Ellie

Alligato
Nov 11 2008, 01:51 PM
And if they want to push "green" that is fine, but where is the drama in this? Where is the soapiness? What is the point to have Abe talk about the waterfront? Not like we are going to see that set...other than the docks. I can understand the preaching about greening the damn restaurant, but to green the waterfront? Isn't that already pretty green?
Sounds like the "green" is an NBC initiative:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=20081111nbc01

Dawn7
Member Avatar

Angie79
Nov 11 2008, 11:54 AM
Daytime Dial spoilers

NEXT WEEK:

* Stefano, EJ, and Nicole have a family dinner together.

* Melanie is bumped off the balcony and holds on for her life.

* Lucas makes it clear to Kate that he intends to marry Chloe.

* Daniel tells Chloe how he always gets too involved in his patient’s recovery.

* Abe gives a press conference on a new “green” initiative to clean up the waterfront.

Thursday – Nick is arrested for the murder of Trent Robbins.

Friday – Marlena comes face to face with the mayor’s killer.

http://daytimedial.blogspot.com/
Thanks Angie

Mason
Member Avatar

Ellie
Nov 11 2008, 01:54 PM
Alligato

NBC can take a spoon and eat my ass.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Nov 11 2008, 01:54 PM
Alligato

Which is why I don't blame Days.

I think doing shit like this is the only way they will stay on air. They will have to promote what NBC wants them too.

I will agree that they should not be making such a big deal out of the Green thing. I mean, it's been mentioned with every batch of spoilers but my thinking is NBC wants to get the message out there and Days has to hype it.

These spoilers actually sound good, otherwise. I think the last 8 years of shock and awe storytelling has made people lose sight of what sweeps actually is. Sweeps does not always mean a plane crash or a wedding or every story on the show coming to an end. It can but it doesn't have to happen. Traditionally, sweeps features major twists and turns in stories (not every story but usually a few) and features big events like a big return, wedding, etc. There is also usually at least one story climaxing or culminating. Days is providing that. Trent's murder story is a story that was built for weeks and that is climaxing this month. The Nicole/EJ story will feature a major twist this month that will change everything. Abe was named mayor, Bo was named commissioner, Brady is returning, Kate's illness, Marlena faces down the mayor's killer and John saves her...that's all sweeps worthy. Sure, it's not huge but it's solid enough to classy as sweeps, much like last May did. I laugh at people saying last November was so much better. People had the same complaints then too. It was the same situation.

EJ's shooting (main story)=the Trent story
Shelle wedding/Philip (semi-main story)= Nicole/EJ story
Ford story (B story)= Kate's illness

The difference is you have the Abe/Lexie, Sami/Rafe, and upcoming John/Marlena stuff tossed in too.

In regards to the spoilers, the dinner with Stefano, Nicole, and EJ sounds good. Next week should be a good week with the murder stuff tying up. I also like that they are focusing on Daniel getting too involved with his patients. Nice touch.

Mason
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Nov 11 2008, 03:19 PM
I laugh at people saying last November was so much better.
Why? It was better.

Maybe less was going on this time last year, but the quality of the stories then was a hell of a lot better than what we're getting now. For me, it's about quality, not quantity.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Mason
Nov 11 2008, 03:26 PM
PhoenixRising05
Why? It was better.

Maybe less was going on this time last year, but the quality of the stories then was a hell of a lot better than what we're getting now. For me, it's about quality, not quantity.
Well, of course.

My point was people keep complaining about there only being one sweeps story or this not being sweeps worthy. It is sweeps worthy. Was last year better written? Hell yeah. But that doesn't mean what we are getting now is not sweeps worthy. I think some fans got spoiled by the constant sweeps events by some soaps over the years and the fact that OLTL has a big month going right now. OLTL built those stories for months. Days and AMC are in the same boat in my eyes. They just started most of these stories and the one Days did build is culminating this month.

GH doesn't even do huge sweeps anymore. This month they are but they don't do them every sweeps anymore. They are more simple. Sweeps is more then a stunt or big event. It's about the stories and their twists and turns. I think some have come to expect way too much only because it's sweeps.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Mason
PhoenixRising05
Why? It was better.

What makes me laugh is I remember distinctly people hated the stories then. They hated the Ford murder. They hated that Belle had cheated on Shawn with Philip. And though John's death was given some good material, many were upset the show dared to let a veteran go.

So if Days continues consistently, will we be missing this year's crap next year?

November 2009: Remember Trent's murder and that adorable Melanie was on everyday? How I miss the way they handled twist endings where boy scout Nick was revealed to be a stalking murderer with a handful of episodes! And I wish that everyone and their mother (literally) was in triangles, quads and pentagons together. It was like really sharing the love all around, wasn't it? Let's not forget the dual pregnancies! Good times.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Tripp
Nov 11 2008, 03:37 PM
Mason
PhoenixRising05
Why? It was better.

What makes me laugh is I remember distinctly people hated the stories then. They hated the Ford murder. They hated that Belle had cheated on Shawn with Philip. And though John's death was given some good material, many were upset the show dared to let a veteran go.

So if Days continues consistently, will we be missing this year's crap next year?

November 2009: Remember Trent's murder and that adorable Melanie was on everyday? How I miss the way they handled twist endings where boy scout Nick was revealed to be a stalking murderer with a handful of episodes! And I wish that everyone and their mother (literally) was in triangles, quads and pentagons together. It was like really sharing the love all around, wasn't it? Let's not forget the dual pregnancies! Good times.
That always seems to happen. I don't know why.

I was in the minority last year at this time too and here I am again LOL. It's almost the same situation this sweeps as last only last year had been quality of writing and different stories/characters.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

PhoenixRising05
Nov 11 2008, 03:44 PM
Tripp
Mason
PhoenixRising05
Why? It was better.

I was in the minority last year at this time too and here I am again LOL. It's almost the same situation this sweeps as last only last year had been quality of writing and different stories/characters.
That just means you're as consistent as everyone else, PR. :biggrin:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Tripp
Nov 11 2008, 03:45 PM
PhoenixRising05
Tripp
Mason
PhoenixRising05
Why? It was better.

That just means you're as consistent as everyone else, PR. :biggrin:

Very true LOL.

Mason
Member Avatar

Tripp

That's just too horrifying to even joke about.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Tripp
Mason
PhoenixRising05
Why? It was better.

It's a rare time when there's not someone complaining about something, only to go back and reminisce about how good it was when something worse comes up. :P

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

PhoenixRising05
Tripp
Mason
PhoenixRising05
Why? It was better.

Tim, your problem is you're in a time warp (or you're ahead of your time, something like that!) Next year, people will be saying the VERY things you're saying, and you can say "I TOLD YOU SO" :D

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

We won't know until it's played. I always enjoy the playing out better than the reading about.
My favorite story is EJ and Nicole and since Sami is my least favorite character ever anywhere, I hope she goes to Switzerland and stays there.
I'm looking forward to how John and Marlena work out.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply