Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Influence of 'Days' on pop culture; article with videos
Topic Started: Nov 5 2008, 10:12 PM (802 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I will just the post the link, since it is kinda long and has a few videos:

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2008/11/05/a_look_at_the_influence_of_days_of_our_l
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ellie

I read this this morning - thanks for posting it here! I love articles like this, and this person's research is very impressive. I have long thought that Days is the soap with the most references in 'pop culture'. Even general news articles are always comparing any dramatic moment to "a story on Days of Our Lives".

My favorite 'Days in pop culture' moment, which actually was not mentioned in this article, was the Marlena/Stefano Aremid scene shown on ER in 96. Carter was in the doctor's lounge and was astounded to find the doctors and nurses completely hooked on Days. My friends and I were hooked on both shows (ER and Days) and we were so excited to see Aremid show up on ER.
Edited by Ellie, Nov 5 2008, 10:26 PM.

ginababe
BANNED

DAYS was also mentioned and a clip of the show was featured in the movie "What lies beneath" when Michelle Pfeiffer's character visits the mother of the dead girl..

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Very interesting. This person did his research.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

On Scrubs Dr Cox was seen watching Days, a scene with Jack and Greta from 2001.

Jonatha

Thanks for posting, Angie, that was fun to read.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

On the movie Drop Dead Gorgeous, starring Kirsten Dunst, Kirstie Alley and Denise Richardson, one of the pageant volunteers is supposed to play a promotional video and when the film turns on it is interupted by the opening sequence of DAYS.

LOL! Really funny scene.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I think Young and Restless probably runs second. I remember "Mr. Mom" showing Y&R. But, then again, on "9 to 5", the imprisoned Mr. Hart is watching Days! (Darn, I'm dating myself here, LOL)

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

One of my favorite moments on Frasier was when they had Martin (his dad) quote the opening line from Days..."Like sands through an hourglass..."

I liked what Hogan said when he first came onto DOOL. Days was still famous and expected to be around where as when he was on ATWT and people hard the soap's name, they asked if it was still on the air.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply