Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Michael Fairman's "A Day of Days" interviews; *UPDATED 11/7** SPOILER
Topic Started: Nov 5 2008, 10:48 PM (4,530 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

He has quite a few on there.

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/_bin/mediaGallery.cfm

**UPDATE**

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/article/articleItem.cfm?cms_article_id=43
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Chelsea and Max? I could literally scream.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

According to JKJ's interview Melanie will also be working at Titan. I see I will soon be having more free time.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Chelsea and Max?

Please tell me this doesn't mean what I think it does...
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Paxton
Nov 5 2008, 10:58 PM
According to JKJ's interview Melanie will also be working at Titan. I see I will soon be having more free time.
You and me both. Seroiusly. Melanie/Philip and chelsea/Max. So much for them reading message boards because the boards I've been going to have made it clear these are NOT popular pairings.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks Angie!

Ellie

Tripp
Nov 5 2008, 11:00 PM
Paxton
You and me both. Seroiusly. Melanie/Philip and chelsea/Max. So much for them reading message boards because the boards I've been going to have made it clear these are NOT popular pairings.
I think Dena reads message boards and does the opposite of what they say. I'm not even joking about that.

LovingDays

thanks angie i cant wait to see Bo's storyline.Im really looking for it to Phillip/Stephanie pairing

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

thanks angie!

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Ellie
Nov 5 2008, 11:11 PM
Tripp
Paxton
I think Dena reads message boards and does the opposite of what they say. I'm not even joking about that.
I'm beginning to think that too.

If the show is so hot and horny for Max/DB why do they not cast a love interest for him? They have an overkill of guys on the show. Bring in someone unrelated to him. Seriously I'm sick of the UF. And Chex have been completely platonic forever now without the least bit of "heat" between them. How does RM explain that (since she said as much about Chick)?

Ellie

Tripp
Nov 5 2008, 11:14 PM
If the show is so hot and horny for Max/DB why do they not cast a love interest for him? They have an overkill of guys on the show. Bring in someone unrelated to him. Seriously I'm sick of the UF. And Chex have been completely platonic forever now without the least bit of "heat" between them. How does RM explain that (since she said as much about Chick)?
Excellent points. Chelsea and Max are related just as much as Max and Stephanie are.

Dena has no grasp of how to write committed couples. The "together" couples on the show (Bo/Hope, Steve/Kayla) are barely shown, and everyone else seems fair game to play musical lovers. I think Dena reads the message boards and then thinks she'll "shake things up" by ignoring what she reads and instead re-matching everyone. What she fails to realize is that viewers like to see real romance, and then some follow-up to that - the couple staying together for a while! Not random love scene with whoever happens to be working that day anyway. This is just like "elevator sex", and if that's Dena's MO, then she's just going to keep alienating viewers as she destroys each character and couple one by one.

Mason

Kenny
Chelsea and Max?

Please tell me this doesn't mean what I think it does...
I sincerely hope it doesn't.

God forbid Max should be romantically involved with someone he's not related to!

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Nov 5 2008, 11:20 PM
What she fails to realize is that viewers like to see real romance, and then some follow-up to that - the couple staying together for a while! Not random love scene with whoever happens to be working that day anyway. This is just like "elevator sex", and if that's Dena's MO, then she's just going to keep alienating viewers as she destroys each character and couple one by one.
Very, very true. Either the couples you like have been broken up or messed with in some fashion or they are ignored.

Out of the videos I watched, I will say Eric Martsolf's was pretty funny, as he talked about how he had to keep exposing more and more of his chest while he was filming a coma scene. LOL.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

If you look at the couples right now (that aren't vets who are "happy") every couple has been fucked with. It's like a game of musical chairs but with partners instead.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Thanks Angie.
Sounds like Melanie/Philip/Stephanie is the new hot triangle :blink:
I used to love Chex but the characters are drastically different now so the pairing probably wouldn't work again.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

I will say Fairman seems to have a hard on for Phelony. He cut MB off when she mentioned Nick and Melanie and pushed her right to Philip and Melanie.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Thanks for all the info, Angie!

brimike

Like people have said here over and over (and over) again, Philip and Stephanie would have really worked when they recast Steph and brought her back, the summer of the Jeremy story (in place of the Jeremy story, I should say). They could have gotten someone who worked well with JKJ, and played that out, which would have sent Steve over the edge (his daughter with a Kiriakis) and driven Belle nuts with jealousy too (when they were building up to the Philip/Belle affair). Which would have led to Chloe coming back and blowing up Shawn/Belle AND Philip/Stephanie by revealing the Philip/Belle affair. All the pieces were there.

Unfortunately, we got mail-order hookers with guns. And Martha fired.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

First, I have to say this and not because I'm trying to spin but because it's the truth. I see so many associating Dena with nothing but random pairings and that is not her fault. Her pairings were all worked out until the behind the scenes battle with Ed Scott. Dena was going in the direction of a Lucas/Sami/EJ/Nicole quad, Philip/Morgan, etc. She picked directions. When Ed interfered, that is when things began to be forced with no development (Lucas/Chloe being an example, among other things).

Since Dena has taken back the reigns and since Tomlin and Whitesell came on, the show has regained direction. It still has work to do and it's clear Dena is trying to stabilize the couples and stories. Jay mentioned this himself. They are trying to get a feel for the dynamics and what will work and so on. That is why they are playing with Philip/Stephanie, Chloe/Daniel, and other pairings. It doesn't mean they are going to happen but you have to test it to see if it will work. It just bugs me that the material that aired during the behind the scenes clashing is blamed on Dena. Ed and whoever else rewrote her stuff. There was clashing visions on a daily basis. It was creative hell. This isn't about Higley. It's about being fair. Judging her on January-May and September-now is fair but everything else we have no idea who did what and so on. It's too clouded so better to just wipe that out completely and focus on what we know she is responsible for. I have no problem with tearing that apart but the rest is just too uncertain to attribute to her. Also, it's clear Dena reads the boards. Perhaps they are the wrong boards but I digress. If she wanted to do the opposite of what the fans want, she would not feature J&M or Bope or Steve/Kayla (I know they aren't on but she did give them story earlier this year) and so on AT ALL. I will gladly bash Dena if after a few more months, things remain unbalanced and aren't good overall. Right now, things are still a work in progress and the show has already shown steady improvement (as many of the actors noted in these videos).

Now, these videos were interesting. I'm intrigued by Peter Reckell's interview. A quirky story for Bo? Hmm...interesting. If it's coming around Christmas, we should be hearing soon. I'm excited.

I'm shocked Joe seemed pleased about the writing and said it was improved. Then again, it does seem like after today Stefano has some stuff coming and he's probably happy Stefano isn't in a wheelchair sick all the time.

Loved Eric and Ari's video. I love how her and Micheal call him "meat" and LOL to Eric talking about how often his shirt was off on Passions. I recall those coma scenes and that was ridiculous. Eric is a very nice, genuine guy. He seems dedicated to the role too and O love how Fairman asked if the drug addiction would be touched upon and he was shocked when it was. I think many thought that would be dropped (I didn't as Higley actually wrote that). Glad to see it wasn't. Should be good.

Shelley seems very high on the Philip/Stephanie pairing. I hope it does happen. Shelley was a delight. So nice and genuine. She looked great. Jay seems open to anything and he does appear to be staying considering he is talking about 2009. I wouldn't get worked up about Philip/Melanie. I think they are just setting the stage for Melanie to use Philip and/or Titan for something. I don't see Philip/Melanie becoming much of anything. I can see Melanie causing problems for Stephanie and Philip though. The actors admitted they aren't clear on where things are going yet as things are just progressing and being set up so I wouldn't get too worried yet on Philip/Melanie, Chelsea/Max, or whatever. Personally, I would be more upset about Chelsea/Max then Philip/Melanie because it's a regression and I think Rachel spoke of that. Rachel always says that Chelsea going back to Nick is a regression. I disagree. I think her going back to Max is. I like Chelsea and Max as friends so I will be disappointed if they go there. My hope is that Rachel read what was going on wrong in her scenes with Blake and that Chelsea/Nick/Melanie is the direction they are going in. By the way, Rachel seemed a bit "off" too. She seemed not interested in talking about her story and so on.

Speaking of not being interested, can Thaoo be anymore obvious about his displeasure? Between his posts on his site, his body language and responses in this video, and his body language in his final scene today...wow. You can tell he is just pissed LOL. LeAnn was cavalier about it and she seemed aftaid to let Thaoo talk out of fear he would say something bad. Same goes for SN and MBE. MBE was like LeAnn and SN seemed like Thaoo. Can't say I blame them though.

Kevin Dobson's interview was nothing LOL. SC was great though. I really do feel bad for him. He reads the boards so it must be tough. I hope they continue to improve upon his character and give him a solid direction. Molly Burnett's was short too but she is new and not used to this stuff so that is probably why. She seemed friendly though.

These were pretty good though. Hope there is more so we can learn more.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Tripp
Nov 6 2008, 12:20 AM
I will say Fairman seems to have a hard on for Phelony. He cut MB off when she mentioned Nick and Melanie and pushed her right to Philip and Melanie.
That is why I think people have reason not to get upset about them.

I think Fairman was pushing that agenda. I really do. The actors were more or less putting on their poker face and giving the traditional "Well, you never know. Anything can happen" response. I don't think we know much more now then we did before seeing any of this. Judging from James Scott's NBC interview, I think the show told the cast to be careful not to say much of anything and to keep it vague so I don't think we have much idea about where some of these characters are headed other then what we already knew.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply