Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Michael Fairman's "A Day of Days" interviews; *UPDATED 11/7** SPOILER
Topic Started: Nov 5 2008, 10:48 PM (4,605 Views)
Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

I get what you are saying Phoenix, that they are testing the waters and not really jumping full steam ahead with any pairing. It's not a bad idea but you don't do it with every character all at once. You pick maybe a couple and try them out here and there slowly. I hate to point these people out because it can bring up a can of worms with Ejole fans and Date fans (myself included) but Dan/Nicole worked in the extent they were singled out for that week and there scenes came maybe two for the week and that was it. Then they went back to their stories.

But now we have everyone mixing it up. All together. It's confusing, distracting and the worst part is making it unclear for anyone to understand what THE HELL IS GOING on.

Now I do think Chelsea going back to Max is a regression, we are 100% on that. My hope (which I don't need to get my hopes raised) is RM is pushing for Chex because she (for some reason) is dead set against Chick to happen. DB did hem and haw about Chex and it was Fairman who kept going on and on (why he is bringing them up I don't know, maybe this is coming after his interview with RM). But it's a stupid move.
Edited by Tripp, Nov 6 2008, 01:07 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Tripp
Nov 6 2008, 01:05 AM
I get what you are saying Phoenix, that they are testing the waters and not really jumping full steam ahead with any pairing. It's not a bad idea but you don't do it with every character all at once. You pick maybe a couple and try them out here and there slowly. I hate to point these people out because it can bring up a can of worms with Ejole fans and Date fans (myself included) but Dan/Nicole worked in the extent they were singled out for that week and there scenes came maybe two for the week and that was it. Then they went back to their stories.

But now we have everyone mixing it up. All together. It's confusing, distracting and the worst part is making it unclear for anyone to understand what THE HELL IS GOING on.

Now I do think Chelsea going back to Max is a regression, we are 100% on that. My hope (which I don't need to get my hopes raised) is RM is pushing for Chex because she (for some reason) is dead set against Chick to happen. DB did hem and haw about Chex and it was Fairman who kept going on and on (why he is bringing them up I don't know, maybe this is coming after his interview with RM). But it's a stupid move.
They aren't mixing up everybody though (even in the spring/summer it was only a select group) and, really, they have to with the people they are doing it with because they have to come up with the right combination. That is how you discover something that works. That is why they were so stupid to get rid of Morgan. They could've just put her back with Max and then you could have a Philip/Stephanie/Max/Morgan quad. That would've worked. Instead, they fire her. That would've solidified the young set. You would have that quad and Chelsea/Nick/Melanie.

I think the problem is the show listens to the boards and fans but there are just so many camps to listen to. You have groups that want Chan, Date, Chick, Mick, Chex, Stax, Stephanie/Philip, Dan/Chloe, Chloe/Philip, Chloe/Brady, Chloe/Lucas, Lucas/Sami, Sami./EJ, etc. The show doesn't help by playing all these couples off each other but still it doesn't help when you have so many groups to listen to. Ultimately, the show needs to focus on the best chemistry and what provides the best story. To me, Philip and Stephanie dis one so go there. I think they will go there.

They aren't doing what happened in late spring and summer. You could tell there was issues behind the scenes because things were all over the place. Even when they test the waters now, they make it more natural. It's not like Chloe suddenly wanting to be Lucas's friend. It's not forced now. Even that Nicole/Daniel scene you spoke of was a natural interaction at a bar. They know each other through the dinner party at Victor's in April and it's natural for them to talk if they see each other. There is just a big difference between then and what is happening now and that is why I think Higley needs to be judged on before June and after August because that is truly her work, without a doubt.

The thing is...we aren't expected to understand what is going on. Not yet. Not until they decide on what works and go there. If the audience is still confused once it becomes clear the show is committed to Philip/Stephanie or whatever, then there is a problem. Right now, they are more or less working on building stories and I applaud them because they are taking the right approaches if they are going to go with Chloe/Daniel, Philip/Stephanie, etc. There is nothing forced about them.

I must have misunderstood because I didn't think RM was pushing Chex either. I thought she saw both going back to Nick or Max as a regression. Rachel seemed so uninterested in the interview it was hard to read for me. I think she's still pissed about Chan ending but she's entitled to her opinion. Chex would be a major regression IMO though. DB did seem not too keen on the idea of Chex though.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Nov 6 2008, 12:47 AM
First, I have to say this and not because I'm trying to spin but because it's the truth. I see so many associating Dena with nothing but random pairings and that is not her fault. Her pairings were all worked out until the behind the scenes battle with Ed Scott. Dena was going in the direction of a Lucas/Sami/EJ/Nicole quad, Philip/Morgan, etc. She picked directions. When Ed interfered, that is when things began to be forced with no development (Lucas/Chloe being an example, among other things).
I completely disagree, but I guess one way to see who's right is to see if the random pairings go away now. (Right?) Because according to your theory, since Ed Scott is no longer there, Higley's romantic pairings will stabilize and become more consistent.

Quote:

Speaking of not being interested, can Thaoo be anymore obvious about his displeasure? Between his posts on his site, his body language and responses in this video, and his body language in his final scene today...wow. You can tell he is just pissed LOL. LeAnn was cavalier about it and she seemed aftaid to let Thaoo talk out of fear he would say something bad. Same goes for SN and MBE. MBE was like LeAnn and SN seemed like Thaoo. Can't say I blame them though.
I hadn't watched today's show yet, but I just watched the last scene to see what you were talking about. You don't think he was acting there? Like maybe Tony has a reason to be upset about Abe's winning? I don't disagree that Thaao seems upset about the show, but I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say that that's coming through in his performance.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Ellie
Nov 6 2008, 01:20 AM
PhoenixRising05
Nov 6 2008, 12:47 AM
First, I have to say this and not because I'm trying to spin but because it's the truth. I see so many associating Dena with nothing but random pairings and that is not her fault. Her pairings were all worked out until the behind the scenes battle with Ed Scott. Dena was going in the direction of a Lucas/Sami/EJ/Nicole quad, Philip/Morgan, etc. She picked directions. When Ed interfered, that is when things began to be forced with no development (Lucas/Chloe being an example, among other things).
I completely disagree, but I guess one way to see who's right is to see if the random pairings go away now. (Right?) Because according to your theory, since Ed Scott is no longer there, Higley's romantic pairings will stabilize and become more consistent.

Quote:

Speaking of not being interested, can Thaoo be anymore obvious about his displeasure? Between his posts on his site, his body language and responses in this video, and his body language in his final scene today...wow. You can tell he is just pissed LOL. LeAnn was cavalier about it and she seemed aftaid to let Thaoo talk out of fear he would say something bad. Same goes for SN and MBE. MBE was like LeAnn and SN seemed like Thaoo. Can't say I blame them though.
I hadn't watched today's show yet, but I just watched the last scene to see what you were talking about. You don't think he was acting there? Like maybe Tony has a reason to be upset about Abe's winning? I don't disagree that Thaao seems upset about the show, but I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say that that's coming through in his performance.
Right. Let's say Dena decides to go with Chloe/Daniel and Philip/Stephanie and we see their romances build in December and January. Then, all of a sudden, in February, the show decides (and this is hypothetical) to pair Stephanie with Nick and Philip with Sami and Daniel with Lexie and so on (again, being extreme but trying to make a point). THAT would be a problem and then I would start my own bashing because that would suggest to me that Dena and co have no clue. Right now, things need to be stabilized. It doesn't help that Galen and Eric were brought on and that Nadia and Bryan (who seemed to be out a month or so ago) had to be repositioned into story. All those kinks had to be worked out along with Ali's maternity leave and contract guarantees and so on. I think the show will keep improving and, much like last year, around the holidays, we will see a much tighter show and more vets and things clicking on all cylinders. Maybe I'm being way too optimistic but I do think the show will go back to being balanced and that it will have directions in all it's stories and couplings at least by that point.

I do think he was acting, Ellie, to a point. Like when he started clapping with a concerned look on his face. However, a few seconds before that, he was leaning on the bar and he just had this scowl on his face and he just kind of sighed. I'm not even sure he was aware the camera was on him. He just seemed to be showing his upset there and it didn't come off as acting for me because there was nothing to play off of yet.

daisysmommy

Ellie
Nov 5 2008, 11:11 PM
Tripp
Nov 5 2008, 11:00 PM
Paxton
Nov 5 2008, 10:58 PM
According to JKJ's interview Melanie will also be working at Titan. I see I will soon be having more free time.
You and me both. Seroiusly. Melanie/Philip and chelsea/Max. So much for them reading message boards because the boards I've been going to have made it clear these are NOT popular pairings.
I think Dena reads message boards and does the opposite of what they say. I'm not even joking about that.
You know what that Higley hack oughta do? She should watch the Seinfeld episode where George does the EXACT opposite of his natural instinct and his life turns around.

Or Corday should can her. That's the real ticket.

Ellie

daisysmommy
Nov 6 2008, 01:31 AM
You know what that Higley hack oughta do? She should watch the Seinfeld episode where George does the EXACT opposite of his natural instinct and his life turns around.

Or Corday should can her. That's the real ticket.
Haha I was thinking about that! That's one of my favorite Seinfeld episodes. (And yeah, agree on Corday.)

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

One more thing...

I just loved how happy Peter Reckell was about the Salem PD not being completely stupid anymore. He was genuinely happy about that and I loved his line about how much better it is not having to make stupid stuff work. The actors seem to really think the writing has improved.

Peter even mentions in an interview with SOW this week how happy he is with how things are playing, particularly with the two murders. He mentions how Trent's murder has been done great by the writers in how first they make you think someone did it and then it's someone else and so on.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Nov 6 2008, 01:27 AM
Right. Let's say Dena decides to go with Chloe/Daniel and Philip/Stephanie and we see their romances build in December and January. Then, all of a sudden, in February, the show decides (and this is hypothetical) to pair Stephanie with Nick and Philip with Sami and Daniel with Lexie and so on (again, being extreme but trying to make a point). THAT would be a problem and then I would start my own bashing because that would suggest to me that Dena and co have no clue. Right now, things need to be stabilized. It doesn't help that Galen and Eric were brought on and that Nadia and Bryan (who seemed to be out a month or so ago) had to be repositioned into story. All those kinks had to be worked out along with Ali's maternity leave and contract guarantees and so on. I think the show will keep improving and, much like last year, around the holidays, we will see a much tighter show and more vets and things clicking on all cylinders. Maybe I'm being way too optimistic but I do think the show will go back to being balanced and that it will have directions in all it's stories and couplings at least by that point.

Ok... we'll see what happens! I will say that though I disagree with it, I certainly hope your view of things is right. I'd love to see the show improving as you describe.

Quote:

I do think he was acting, Ellie, to a point. Like when he started clapping with a concerned look on his face. However, a few seconds before that, he was leaning on the bar and he just had this scowl on his face and he just kind of sighed. I'm not even sure he was aware the camera was on him. He just seemed to be showing his upset there and it didn't come off as acting for me because there was nothing to play off of yet.
Thanks - not sure I saw it that way, but I do understand your point. The camera does sometimes catch the actors looking around or looking bored in a scene. Either way, agree he seems very upset about things.
Edited by Ellie, Nov 6 2008, 01:41 AM.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^And I can't blame him and I certainly can't blame him for his body language or doing that onscreen because I do not think he knew the camera was on him. Just a sense I have as the shot kind of moved off Roman, Bo, Hope, Abe, and Lexie.

Ellie

PhoenixRising05
Nov 6 2008, 01:48 AM
^And I can't blame him and I certainly can't blame him for his body language or doing that onscreen because I do not think he knew the camera was on him. Just a sense I have as the shot kind of moved off Roman, Bo, Hope, Abe, and Lexie.
I can't blame him either. I mean, I have trouble staying interested in the show nowadays, so I can see why the background extras in the scene (which he basically was there) would have a hard time staying focused as well.

Charmqn
Member Avatar

what the hell did the interviews say about Chex?

I hope Chex blows up in Dena's and RM face like Chan did...I don't want Blake in a love story with an actress like RM, who doesn't even want to do Chick anymore.
Right now I just want a good storyline for Nick so Blake can show off his acting chops--which he has.

The way DOOL writes romance, I am actually glad Nick won't be getting one.
Edited by Charmqn, Nov 6 2008, 08:07 AM.

zyona

Charmqn
Nov 6 2008, 07:33 AM
what the hell did the interviews say about Chex?

I hope Chex blows up in Dena's and RM face like Chan did...I don't want Blake in a love story with an actress like RM, who doesn't even want to do Chick anymore.
Right now I just want a good storyline for Nick so Blake can show off his acting chops--which he has.

The way DOOL writes romance, I am actually glad Nick won't be getting one.
I guess we all translated the way we want, because i didn't get that from that interview, she even said it is a shame, because her and blake have a great chemistry and i don't think she has that kind of power. Also, as a viewers it doesn't make sense for her to go back to the guy who did the same thing as as the guy she just dumped.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

He now has a behind the scenes highlights video up. Here is the link again:

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/_bin/mediaGallery.cfm

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Here are some typed up interviews too:

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/article/articleItem.cfm?cms_article_id=43

The interview with Bryan contains a spoiler!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Oh my. Lucas DOES propose to Chloe!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

YAY! More Lucas and Chloe! :D

Kenny
Member Avatar

God, what is with all the weird couplings on Days?

Why are Lucas and Chloe even together? I mean, aside from the fact that he has a penis and she has giant boobs... what draws them to each other? There's nothing there! There's no REASON for them... and there's certainly no chemistry.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

^ The meeting was a horrible story, but Bryan Dattilo and Nadia Bjorlin's lack of acting talent, together, has made me a Lucas and Chloe fan. When I look at them, I believe them as a real couple. I could see Lucas and Chloe walking down the street together. And that's what I love about couples when I can see them being together in real life.

There could've been a better way to bring Lucas and Chloe into each other's world, but I find myself looking past their meeting, ignoring that horrible time on the show, and focusing on the greatness they are today.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I agree, Kenny. I don't see any chemistry at all. I think they are very awkward together.

JohnandMarlenaFreak
Member Avatar

I LOVE Drake there.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply