Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Michael Fairman's "A Day of Days" interviews; *UPDATED 11/7** SPOILER
Topic Started: Nov 5 2008, 10:48 PM (4,596 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

As for Max and Chelsea, I'd take them again. I actually liked them.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I'm with Drew. I hated the beginning of Lucas/Chloe but it's worked out overall. There is a natural feel to them as a couple and I'm glad we see some escalation there. It's a defined direction and the show continues to need more of that. Look forward to it.

I'm not big on the idea of Max/Chelsea but I can accept it moreso then Stax so whatever. I feel it's just lazy when you could've just kept Morgan or recasted Abby. I do like that Darin mentioned Nicole and Chloe as the only women he's not related to. I had to laugh at that because he's usually not so open about the incest in Salem, for obvious reasons. I did like his interview and comments about how he brings Max's past with Trent and the way Trent treated him to the character now. I'm glad Fairman asked someone about the renewal. I can't imagine it not happening as something would be said by now but it's nice to have it acknowledged.

I look forward to Eric's take on Brady. If he can bring it acting-wise, he will be great. I didn't realize he already knew Ari. In the videos, I could've sworn Ari said "Nice to meet you" to him.

Drake's interview was pretty good, although there was some ego moments LOL. Nonetheless, I agree with him on molding aspects of old and new John into one. It's clear he loves playing the current John as the old John did become a mess and I am so happy he wants to try new things and not just go back to the same old character and same old situation J&M were in. He wants more as an actor and it's time this show stop relegating itself to nothing but couple stories. Let's get some character stories. Glad he mentioned John giving up his battle with Stefano. That was a bit too quick. I hope Drake does have a meeting with Gary and co and addresses that.

Blake's interview was hilarious. He seems so into his story. I'm so glad he's getting good material.

I can't wait to see the scenes Lauren is talking about. If the cast is amazed, it should be good. It's about time Lauren got good material and she seems happy about it. Again, it's so great to see some purely character stories popping up on Days. Nick's issues, Kate's illness...stories like that are long overdue for this show.

Renee Jones is just a delight. She hinted at Stefano blackmailing Lexie. Interesting. I'm so happy the Stefano/Lexie relationship is back. She does seem to like working with her fellow Dimera portrayers so I hope we get more of that. Always enjoyable. Interesting what she said about Daniel. I figured Days was going there but Scott/Higley must have derailed that. She seems so proud of and happy about being a part of the autism story. I like how happy she is that she even has a story. She deserves it after last year and the fact that she kind of involved in two stories is even better.

Fairman does a great job overall. He really gets some interesting tidbits and covers so many things. I'm surprised he manages to get interviews with so many of them. Kudos to him. These were good interviews and I can't wait for more. Good info here.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Nov 7 2008, 05:02 PM.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

PhoenixRising05
Nov 7 2008, 05:01 PM
I'm not big on the idea of Max/Chelsea but I can accept it moreso then Stax so whatever. I feel it's just lazy when you could've just kept Morgan or recasted Abby. I do like that Darin mentioned Nicole and Chloe as the only women he's not related to. I had to laugh at that because he's usually not so open about the incest in Salem, for obvious reasons. I did like his interview and comments about how he brings Max's past with Trent and the way Trent treated him to the character now. I'm glad Fairman asked someone about the renewal. I can't imagine it not happening as something would be said by now but it's nice to have it acknowledged.
I'd rather keep Stax because at least it's been established. Chelsea/Max has been non existent and like you said it's a total regression for Chelsea's character and still makes Max a niece dating laughing stock. (Why just not cast a new girl for him?)

Someone mentioned that Chelsea and Max are different people then when they dated before and they are a better fit for friends. Plus, after Chelsea has been through hell with Date, she's gonna turn around and date her best friend's/cousin's ex boyfriend when they broke up like 2 hours ago. That's something I'd like to think Chelsea would have grown from.

But then, I had hoped we were going for Chick or Mick and for some reason the triangle I've been enjoying has been stripped away and Nick has lost both love interests while being a crazy ass killer. Swell.

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Kenny
Nov 7 2008, 04:04 PM
God, what is with all the weird couplings on Days?

Why are Lucas and Chloe even together? I mean, aside from the fact that he has a penis and she has giant boobs... what draws them to each other? There's nothing there! There's no REASON for them... and there's certainly no chemistry.
I agree. I could overlook the horrid writing for their "relationship" if there were some heat between them, but Dattilo and Bjorlin do not have a modicum of chemistry together.

Max and Nicole would be good together? Darrin has quite the sense of humor, lol.
Edited by DolceDiMera, Nov 7 2008, 05:17 PM.

cjknick
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting the update ...

Do you think Bryan was kidding?????? He does joke alot and that would be a BIG spoiler! Bryan I think would have gotten his hands slapped for that one!

Charmqn
Member Avatar

what did Blake say in his interview?

I like that Blake has this good material instead of being in a romance....the way Dena and others write romance is something I don't want Blake in

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

cjknick
Nov 7 2008, 05:46 PM

Do you think Bryan was kidding?????? He does joke alot and that would be a BIG spoiler! Bryan I think would have gotten his hands slapped for that one!
I don't think he was kidding. It goes along with the spoiler for the week of 11/17 that says Lucas shows Chloe proof of his feelings for her.

Didn't he spoiler the elevator sex before we knew about it too?

DolceDiMera
Member Avatar

Angie79
Nov 7 2008, 06:07 PM
cjknick
Nov 7 2008, 05:46 PM

I don't think he was kidding. It goes along with the spoiler for the week of 11/17 that says Lucas shows Chloe proof of his feelings for her.

Didn't he spoiler the elevator sex before we knew about it too?
Yes, he did. I am pretty sure it was during an interview with the woman from soaps.com (can't remember her name).

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Tripp
Nov 5 2008, 11:14 PM
Ellie
Nov 5 2008, 11:11 PM
Tripp
Nov 5 2008, 11:00 PM
Paxton
Nov 5 2008, 10:58 PM
According to JKJ's interview Melanie will also be working at Titan. I see I will soon be having more free time.
You and me both. Seroiusly. Melanie/Philip and chelsea/Max. So much for them reading message boards because the boards I've been going to have made it clear these are NOT popular pairings.
I think Dena reads message boards and does the opposite of what they say. I'm not even joking about that.
I'm beginning to think that too.

If the show is so hot and horny for Max/DB why do they not cast a love interest for him? They have an overkill of guys on the show. Bring in someone unrelated to him. Seriously I'm sick of the UF. And Chex have been completely platonic forever now without the least bit of "heat" between them. How does RM explain that (since she said as much about Chick)?
I'm glad I'm not the only one who refers to Stephanie as "uncle f*cker." lol Same goes to Chelsea. I couldn't care less about this age group.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

So Chelsea goes back to sniffing up uncle Max's ass? What a perverted bitch.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

PhoenixRising05
Nov 6 2008, 12:47 AM
First, I have to say this and not because I'm trying to spin but because it's the truth. I see so many associating Dena with nothing but random pairings and that is not her fault. Her pairings were all worked out until the behind the scenes battle with Ed Scott. Dena was going in the direction of a Lucas/Sami/EJ/Nicole quad, Philip/Morgan, etc. She picked directions. When Ed interfered, that is when things began to be forced with no development (Lucas/Chloe being an example, among other things).

Since Dena has taken back the reigns and since Tomlin and Whitesell came on, the show has regained direction. It still has work to do and it's clear Dena is trying to stabilize the couples and stories. Jay mentioned this himself. They are trying to get a feel for the dynamics and what will work and so on. That is why they are playing with Philip/Stephanie, Chloe/Daniel, and other pairings. It doesn't mean they are going to happen but you have to test it to see if it will work. It just bugs me that the material that aired during the behind the scenes clashing is blamed on Dena. Ed and whoever else rewrote her stuff. There was clashing visions on a daily basis. It was creative hell. This isn't about Higley. It's about being fair. Judging her on January-May and September-now is fair but everything else we have no idea who did what and so on. It's too clouded so better to just wipe that out completely and focus on what we know she is responsible for. I have no problem with tearing that apart but the rest is just too uncertain to attribute to her. Also, it's clear Dena reads the boards. Perhaps they are the wrong boards but I digress. If she wanted to do the opposite of what the fans want, she would not feature J&M or Bope or Steve/Kayla (I know they aren't on but she did give them story earlier this year) and so on AT ALL. I will gladly bash Dena if after a few more months, things remain unbalanced and aren't good overall. Right now, things are still a work in progress and the show has already shown steady improvement (as many of the actors noted in these videos).

Now, these videos were interesting. I'm intrigued by Peter Reckell's interview. A quirky story for Bo? Hmm...interesting. If it's coming around Christmas, we should be hearing soon. I'm excited.

I'm shocked Joe seemed pleased about the writing and said it was improved. Then again, it does seem like after today Stefano has some stuff coming and he's probably happy Stefano isn't in a wheelchair sick all the time.

Loved Eric and Ari's video. I love how her and Micheal call him "meat" and LOL to Eric talking about how often his shirt was off on Passions. I recall those coma scenes and that was ridiculous. Eric is a very nice, genuine guy. He seems dedicated to the role too and O love how Fairman asked if the drug addiction would be touched upon and he was shocked when it was. I think many thought that would be dropped (I didn't as Higley actually wrote that). Glad to see it wasn't. Should be good.

Shelley seems very high on the Philip/Stephanie pairing. I hope it does happen. Shelley was a delight. So nice and genuine. She looked great. Jay seems open to anything and he does appear to be staying considering he is talking about 2009. I wouldn't get worked up about Philip/Melanie. I think they are just setting the stage for Melanie to use Philip and/or Titan for something. I don't see Philip/Melanie becoming much of anything. I can see Melanie causing problems for Stephanie and Philip though. The actors admitted they aren't clear on where things are going yet as things are just progressing and being set up so I wouldn't get too worried yet on Philip/Melanie, Chelsea/Max, or whatever. Personally, I would be more upset about Chelsea/Max then Philip/Melanie because it's a regression and I think Rachel spoke of that. Rachel always says that Chelsea going back to Nick is a regression. I disagree. I think her going back to Max is. I like Chelsea and Max as friends so I will be disappointed if they go there. My hope is that Rachel read what was going on wrong in her scenes with Blake and that Chelsea/Nick/Melanie is the direction they are going in. By the way, Rachel seemed a bit "off" too. She seemed not interested in talking about her story and so on.

Speaking of not being interested, can Thaoo be anymore obvious about his displeasure? Between his posts on his site, his body language and responses in this video, and his body language in his final scene today...wow. You can tell he is just pissed LOL. LeAnn was cavalier about it and she seemed aftaid to let Thaoo talk out of fear he would say something bad. Same goes for SN and MBE. MBE was like LeAnn and SN seemed like Thaoo. Can't say I blame them though.

Kevin Dobson's interview was nothing LOL. SC was great though. I really do feel bad for him. He reads the boards so it must be tough. I hope they continue to improve upon his character and give him a solid direction. Molly Burnett's was short too but she is new and not used to this stuff so that is probably why. She seemed friendly though.

These were pretty good though. Hope there is more so we can learn more.

Leann's not a complainer. She just isn't. Thaao's been saying that about her for years. He said she never has a negative word to say about anyone. She could complain, she hasn't been on since September.

Thaao's beyond pissed obviously. The show should have built on the momentum of his emmy nom, and given him his own story. Instead he's just propping. I never saw him act like that onscreen until this week. He was clearly pissed in both eppies this week.

Rachel Melvin annoys me. She cheerleaded for Chan all summer. She bashed Chick every chance she got. I thought that was totally rude to BB. Considering how badly Chelsea treated Nick, she doesn't deserve a second chance with him. Chelsea and Max was bad the first time. He used his niece for blowjobs for Pete's sake. I so don't want the show to go there again.
Edited by hoochielicious, Nov 7 2008, 10:33 PM.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Rachel Melvin annoys the hell out of me too. I can't stand her.

Kenny
Member Avatar

KristianFanForever
Nov 7 2008, 10:20 PM
So Chelsea goes back to sniffing up uncle Max's ass? What a perverted bitch.
I should be thinking that it's Chelsea who's perverted, but because I'm so disconnected from the show and the characters, I see it more as the writers who are perverted... not the character. Pretty sad.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

I just don't get why it's SO HARD to write a new love interest for Max. If they have truly decided to give up on Stax, NOW IS THE TIME to bring in a new character for him. Yes, I know the show seems to have a lot of characters floating around but it's really guy heavy so one new girl won't hurt, especially in the younger generation as long as they don't saturate the episodes like they have with Melanie. (I like Melanie, but enough is enough).

Max dating either Stephanie and Chelsea just isn't going to work. It would take a tremendous amount of chemistry to overcome the pitfalls of having characters date their (adopted) relations without LOOKING like they date their adopted relations. (And DB is just not capable of generating that IMO). I still cringe during the plane crash and we heard Stephanie, Max and Chelsea constantly talk around the relations. Stephanie referring to Chelsea's Dad when he's her Uncle. Chelsea referring to Max's father when he's her grandfather. Max referring to Stephanie's mom when she's his sister. That story was probably the best written story we've had all year long and yet it wasn't enough to not irritate the stew out of the fans.

And what's wrong with just letting Chelsea and Max NOT DATE. You know. Be single for awhile. It might be suggested Nick could be after all he's going through. That's fine. But Chelsea is someone who should have a break from dating and Max certainly is owed a backburnering. Let him tend bar and be a shoulder to listen to for awhile.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

Tripp
Nov 7 2008, 10:49 PM
I just don't get why it's SO HARD to write a new love interest for Max. If they have truly decided to give up on Stax, NOW IS THE TIME to bring in a new character for him. Yes, I know the show seems to have a lot of characters floating around but it's really guy heavy so one new girl won't hurt, especially in the younger generation as long as they don't saturate the episodes like they have with Melanie. (I like Melanie, but enough is enough).

Max dating either Stephanie and Chelsea just isn't going to work. It would take a tremendous amount of chemistry to overcome the pitfalls of having characters date their (adopted) relations without LOOKING like they date their adopted relations. (And DB is just not capable of generating that IMO). I still cringe during the plane crash and we heard Stephanie, Max and Chelsea constantly talk around the relations. Stephanie referring to Chelsea's Dad when he's her Uncle. Chelsea referring to Max's father when he's her grandfather. Max referring to Stephanie's mom when she's his sister. That story was probably the best written story we've had all year long and yet it wasn't enough to not irritate the stew out of the fans.

And what's wrong with just letting Chelsea and Max NOT DATE. You know. Be single for awhile. It might be suggested Nick could be after all he's going through. That's fine. But Chelsea is someone who should have a break from dating and Max certainly is owed a backburnering. Let him tend bar and be a shoulder to listen to for awhile.

ICAM!

I cannot stand the character of Max. DB's facial expressions consist of being confused or angry and that's about it. He so does not trip my trigger. I have a pet peeve with men who can't grow facial hair. Shave it off! I would have no problem with Max being written off completely. I guess non-relatives aren't interested in dating a man who tends bar and can't grow a real mustache.

Chelsea grew a lot when she was Nick. He made her a better person. She sent him on a downward spiral. He's completely lost his moral focus. I'm not interested in Chelsea anymore. She can be gone too. I can't stand Nick with Melanie. She's basically Chelsea version 2.0.

The problem with the younger set, is that too many of them are Bradys. Also that the characters just aren't interesting own their own. They have to be in a couple, because they aren't strong enough to stand alone.

That's why I'm a DiMera fan. Any of the Dimera men can stand alone. Stefano, Tony, and EJ can have a storyline that has nothing to do with love. It's interesting just watching them be evil once in awhile or be snarky with each other. lol I have to say, seeing EJ dealing with only love and babies right now doesn't interest me. He just looks like a sperm donor. He lost his DiMera mojo. He's not a mystery anymore.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Can we just get rid of Max altogether? He hasn't interested me pretty much since Billy Warlock left the show. None of his pairings have any heat because Darin Brooks is just a boring actor.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

hoochielicious
Nov 7 2008, 11:10 PM
I cannot stand the character of Max. DB's facial expressions consist of being confused or angry and that's about it. He so does not trip my trigger. I have a pet peeve with men who can't grow facial hair. Shave it off! I would have no problem with Max being written off completely. I guess non-relatives aren't interested in dating a man who tends bar and can't grow a real mustache.
LOL, I thought I was the only one annoyed by that. Confused and angry, the only looks Max can give.

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
Nov 7 2008, 11:11 PM
Can we just get rid of Max altogether? He hasn't interested me pretty much since Billy Warlock left the show. None of his pairings have any heat because Darin Brooks is just a boring actor.
I'd have absolutely no problem with that. Max, by himself, is just a boring character, IMO. And his pairing with Stephanie certainly hasn't helped him, either.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Kenny
Nov 7 2008, 11:11 PM
But he's an Emmy nominated boring actor. The show is gonna keep him forever now.

I always thought he did comedy well. And he's not bad in "average" scenes where he can do playful or a little romantic. But I think this spring really proved his limitations. The MadMax stuff was written poorly which didn't help him at all but his portrayal had no layers. Recently when he and Stax broke up, DB played it like he could have cared less "the love of his life" is gone. I realize he was angry with Stephanie for going behind his back but you'd think there would be some regret, pain and longing from him. Instead it looked like anger and indifference.
Edited by Tripp, Nov 7 2008, 11:21 PM.

hoochielicious
Member Avatar
Queen Hoochie

I just watched more of the clips. SN was friggin hysterical gyrating on the balcony.

RM made some sense. She doesn't want Chelsea to go to back to a man that cheated on her with a relative. I can see her point. She doesn't want Chelsea to appear weak. But she still did cheerlead for Chan after the revelation about his relationship with Kate.

I just don't like Dan. I don't care who he is with. He just comes off to me as a scummy doctor who hooks up with his patients. He has no depth.

The show needs to cut some losses with some of these characters. If there's no chemistry after the first love then the second love, why give them a third chance with another victim? It just makes the characters look shallow to have random hook ups that don't lead anywhere. If an actor has no chemistry with anyone, let them go instead of trying again with someone else or bringing on someone new to the cast. Cut your losses.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply