Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: Trent's killer revealed
Topic Started: Nov 6 2008, 08:20 AM (1,258 Views)
Jonatha

Please link to DR:

A vivid flashback exposes the identity of Trent's killer this week, and it's a major surprise. The culprit is Salem good guy Nick.

"I was shocked," admits Blake Berris (Nick). "Back when I was playing all the drunk stuff, they told everyone to play it like they were the killer, but I didn't believe it was Nick. It's a good twist. I don't think anybody is going to expect it."

Nick recalls that fateful night of the murder in the middle of a birthday party he's throwing for Melanie, when he picks up a knife to cut her cake. "There's a sense memory thing that happens," explains Berris. "Nick flashes to the night he killed Trent. You see the whole thing. Nick arrives at the cemetery. He sees Trent and Melanie arguing. He sees Trent knock Melanie down. It enrages Nick. Melanie has already brought a knife. Nick sees it. He picks it up while Melanie is passed out and stabs Trent."

After the flashback, Nick pulls Melanie into an embrace. She feels both protected and unnerved by his attention. "It's an interesting relationship," notes Berris. "Nick and Melanie really need, depend on, and are attracted to each other, but they have secrets and ulterior motives. Nick is infatuated with Melanie, but is Melanie using Nick? It makes for good drama."

Later, Hope and Maggie approach Nick about the wayward Melanie, angering him. "Nick doesn't want to hear any of it," insists Berris, noting Nick assures Melanie "he knows she's innocent (of Trent's murder.)"

However, Melanie soon begins to doubt Nick's innocence. While searching for a piece of paper at Maggie's house to jot down a note, she comes across the same stationary her ominous "I know what you did at the cemetery!" note was written on.

"Melanie confronts Nick," recounts Berris. "She starts railing at him and says, 'How could you do this to me? You said you didn't think I did it, but you've been manipulating me.'"

Backed against the wall, Nick makes "the hardest decision" of his life. "It's the only way to continue living the life he wants to live and still have Melanie be reliant on him," says Berris. "Nick admits he wrote the note and it's true. He was in the cemetery, he did see what happened, and she killed Trent. Nick says he didn't tell Melanie because he didn't want her to have to deal with it. The whole thing is really devious of Nick, but it's also a brilliant way of taking status back."

With "the truth" out in the open, Nick tells Melanie they have to cut ties with everyone and get out of Salem.

"He assures Melanie he'll be there for her and will support her all the way through this," explains Berris, who's character is obsessed with "living this perfect life with Melanie. It doesn't matter if it's without Chelsea, Max, the Brady's and the Horton's. Nick's willing to risk all of that to be with Melanie. The possibility of that is exciting for Nick, but there's also the threat of this whole house of cards coming crashing down."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Oh I like the idea of Hope/Maggie trying to talk to Nick and he gets angry.

As for lying to her about the murder, I like his explanation on that. But I'm not sure the couple can come back from this.

On the flip side, I think it rather funny that con artist Melanie thinks she's manipulating Nick but he's manipulating her.
Edited by Tripp, Nov 6 2008, 08:35 AM.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

This actually sounds good, thanks for posting.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

WOW!! Thanks for posting, Jonatha!!

Nicole Walker

That's twisted. Thanks for posting!

Charmqn
Member Avatar

Wow, i was kind of worried, but I like the way Blake puts it...the con artist gets conned again by Nick...Tripp, if Ejami can get together after the rape and everything after that, then anything is possible.

But, I don't want nick in any relationships, I like this storyline for Blake.

Kenny
Member Avatar

The character is obsessed with "living this perfect life with Melanie. It doesn't matter if it's without Chelsea, Max, the Brady's and the Horton's. Nick's willing to risk all of that to be with Melanie. The possibility of that is exciting for Nick, but there's also the threat of this whole house of cards coming crashing down."

-----------------------

This makes Nick sound like a total nutjob.

He just met Melanie two months ago, didn't he? If that?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

^ Exactly. I have feeling this is going to make the strong character of Nick totally pathetic.

brimike

Talk about making an original character for daytime into just another run-of-the-mill Salem "I must have him/her" nutjob. They did the same thing with Adam on World Turns. Ugh...

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

As I said in the other thread, this is not Nick. We already know he has a mental illness associated with the drugs or what have you. He's lose in his own delusions and fantasies. After all he has been through culminating in his killing Trent for Melanie, I can see why he would snap and if you factor in the drugs, it makes sense.

Just like it can;t be said that John would never do what he did this year...the same could be said for Nick. Just like John isn't the same John, Nick isn't the same Nick. I would understand the assertions being made if Nick was in his right mind but he's clearly not.

I like the explanation and I figured Nick killed Trent in a rage to help Melanie. This sounds very good and I like that Hope and Maggie are involved. I kind of wish the show did not spill the reveal of the killer in the mags but word was already all over the net anyway so whatever.

Mason
Member Avatar

So....fucking....stupid....

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply